• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3, 2, 1, let's jam.

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
You are aware that novels and real-life events have been adapted into film for practically as long as cinema has existed, right?

But the difference is that it sounds that the movie is being adapted from something that is already easily viewable. Generally speaking, most adults do not read books, and would prefer to pay money to see a live-action, special effect feature(even if it is loosely related to the actual book/event) rather than read about and use their imagination.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Fair enough, but anime is visibly palpable to the public to begin with. This is sort of a backwards way to at least get them familiar with the aesthetics of it, much like what superhero movies have done.

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
True dat, but you still have many, at least in the US, who have the mindset that cartoons are for kids. By making a live-action movie of an anime, the studio is putting it in a media that is easily acceptable as being "for adults". This may generate more fans for the anime in the long run.

I dunno about Keanu being Spike, though. I never thought Keanu could really act his way out of a paper bag.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
True dat, but you still have many, at least in the US, who have the mindset that cartoons are for kids. By making a live-action movie of an anime, the studio is putting it in a media that is easily acceptable as being "for adults". This may generate more fans for the anime in the long run.
More or less what I meant, except I put "is" instead of "isn't."

I dunno about Keanu being Spike, though. I never thought Keanu could really act his way out of a paper bag.
Depending on the director, we COULD get something out of him -- Jim Carey in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love are proof of that.

But I'm not holding out hope.

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
Depending on the director, we COULD get something out of him -- Jim Carey in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love are proof of that.

But I'm not holding out hope.

Oh, so it'll be the third installment of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"...?