• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3:3 Steel Team

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
This team is very... interesting. I am using it as a gym team in at least one leage so I would like to improve it before I open it to the public.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf;385;
Nature: Jolly (+ Speed - Sp Attack)
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Speed/ 252 HP/ 4 Attack
-Iron Head
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch
Some people say para-flinch rachi is better but I think haxrachi is more diverse. It can completely ruin the opponents strategy by statusing them into oblivion or flinching them so much they can't set up. This admittedly is one thing that para-flinch rachi is better at, however if something outspeeds it then the rachi is in trouble, ground types are also huge problem for rachis with thunder wave. This rachi can ruin ferrothorn, salamence, dragonite, gyrados and abomasnow plus can status anything with the elemental punches, punching a hole in the opponent’s strategy. It can also 2HKO non-defensive tyranitar with iron head, generally without a scrape due to flinching. This pokemon is quite haxy but can ruin strategies, for that reason and the fact that it is steel it gets a place on this team.

Politoed @ Choice Specs;186;
Nature: Timid (+ Speed - Attack)
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Sp Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
An unexpected twist for the fires,steels and fights that are trying to kill my steels. Hydro Pumps power is immense and can generally kill anything that it neautral hits. Ice Beam is for accuracy plus can kill dragons that think they can set up on a toed. Psychic is to annihalate fights that want to kill my steels. Focus Blast is useful for ferrothorn. The rain can be a problem with opposing waters however it can be stopped later on.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon;462;
Nature: Sassy (+ Sp Defence - Speed)
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 Sp Attack/ 120 Sp Defence/ 136 HP
IVs: 0 Speed/ 31 everything else
-HP Ice (BP 64)
-Thunder
-Toxic
-Protect
This pokemon seems unusual but it works very well countering grounds. They fall into the trap of using earthquake due to zones 4x weakness, this fails and then I can use an analytic boosted HP Ice which can generally OHKO. It can take outrages so can ruin dragons using outrage as well. Thunder is to counter rhe waters that run rampage in the rain, and does a very nice job killing most other things. Toxic is to help raise crobats venoshock and can toxic stall, winning me battles sometimes. Protect is essential for toxic stalling and can also help me learn the opponents movesets. This pokemon also works well as a fire lurer in the sun... (The EVs equal out the defences)

Heatran @ Chesto Berry;485;
Nature: Modest (+ Sp Attack - Attack)
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp Attack/ 128 Defence/ 128 Sp Defence
-Heat Wave
-Dark Pulse
-Earth Power
-Rest
This pokemon is an amazing staller. The chesto-rest combonation on this pokemon can be exasperating for the opponent, and the defences mean it can PP stall even after the chesto berry is used. Heat wave is there for pure power as is earth power. Dark pulse is unexpected and is there mainly for balloon chandelure who would pwn me if I didn't have it. It is also quite useful for Jellicent.

Crobat @ Flight Gem;169;
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Speed/ 252 Attack/ 4 HP
-Acrobatics
-Sunny Day
-Venoshock
-Pursuit
This is an unexpected sweeper. Its main reason is to set up sun to counter waters but it can also attack extremely well. Acrobatics is so powerful as the item is used before the move making the power 242. Sunny Day is to get rid of rain and can help heatran immensly. Venoshock is to make use of toxic getting the power up to 195. Pursuit is to kill any scardy-cats running away. Works suprisingly well.

Salamence @ Yache Berry;373;
Ability: Moxie
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
I love moxie, mence abuses it perfectly. Earthquake just kills loads of steel counters, especially heatran who is a pain for this team. Here's where the yache berry comes in, it allows me to survive an ice shard from and ice, and then kill them un-expectantly with brick break. It also allows mence to distroy reflect. Crunch is for psychics, OHKOing just about all of them. Dragon claw is for STAB.

Well, that's my team! Please rate as any improvements are appreciated!:D
This team is wierd isn't it?

Last edited:

Sircharles

Marijuantsome?
Why are you choosing your jirachi? It'll be locked... And you can be put into annoying situations if you are locked into a move. And is the set for just haxing?
Jirachi@lifeorb
Jolly serene grace
252 hp 108 att 150 speed
-iron head
-ice punch
-wish
-protect
That's what I would use on a jirachi
Ice punch for those pesky dragons, and of course you need iron head on a rachi! Wish and protect to get rid of life orb damage etc.

-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw

Thought of using outrage? It is pretty much salamence's prime move. Also, ice will probably kill salamence since it has a mediocre spD, you could use the focus sash if ur afraid that ice will OHKO you, or a persim berry to recover from outrage. Another option is to use the life orb.
I hope I helped! :)

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Why are you choosing your jirachi? It'll be locked... And you can be put into annoying situations if you are locked into a move. And is the set for just haxing?
Jirachi@lifeorb
Jolly serene grace
252 hp 108 att 150 speed
-iron head
-ice punch
-wish
-protect
That's what I would use on a jirachi
Ice punch for those pesky dragons, and of course you need iron head on a rachi! Wish and protect to get rid of life orb damage etc.
Nope. That wouldn't work as rachi's speed would let it down. This pokemon is generally switch in switch out and status. Also without a scarf stalling wouldn't work because rachi would be out sped and probably OHKOed. Battle me later if you like and see how much of a pain this poke is.
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw

Thought of using outrage? It is pretty much salamence's prime move. Also, ice will probably kill salamence since it has a mediocre spD, you could use the focus sash if ur afraid that ice will OHKO you, or a persim berry to recover from outrage. Another option is to use the life orb.
I hope I helped! :)
Moxie and outrage is immpossible. This pokemon also comes in later on in the battle, after rocks are set up, so a sash wouldn't be very good. It can survive ice shard and it can generally out speed the user of the shard so ices usually fail against this poke. It's funny.

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned
Just as a heads-up: DualWeather almost is guarateed to fail. Reason? You have sweepers for one weather and sweepers for another weather. If one weather is disabled, the sweepers for that weather fail and technically becomes useless, which is true in Heatran's case. Heatran will get screwed over if you Crobat dies and fails to set up weather, as his main STAB will get ruined by Politoed and rain, which is really doing a disservice to yourself.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Just as a heads-up: DualWeather almost is guarateed to fail. Reason? You have sweepers for one weather and sweepers for another weather. If one weather is disabled, the sweepers for that weather fail and technically becomes useless, which is true in Heatran's case. Heatran will get screwed over if you Crobat dies and fails to set up weather, as his main STAB will get ruined by Politoed and rain, which is really doing a disservice to yourself.

That helps but... What do you want me to do about it? Heatran is there more as a staller then attacker and therefore doesn't need a STAB. Dual weather is brilliant and it can really screw teams up, given that it is used effectively. You have to be careful but the opponent generally struggles to see it coming so goes and sends their water/fire type only to get pwned. I may however change my mind if you can give me better options...