1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

3 Dragon Starters

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by dpdude, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Fataal

Fataal Lone Archetype

Instead of using false dragons, what we used the three pseudo legends as starters. Dragonite, Garchomp & Salamance sound great to me. And your rival (s) could have Tyranitar and Metagross.

2. Eclipse

Eclipse I AM GONE.

Charizard is based on a dragon. Sceptile is based on a raptor/lizard, and Feraligatr is based on a crocodile/alligator. They aren't dragons, at all.

3. Zalman

Zalman Master of Puppets

Charizard should be typed Fire/Dragon.

Seriously.

4. dpdude

dpdude teehee

yeah it should.

5. Final

Final I Submit to No One

Better than its current Typing defensively. Water becomes neutral, Electric weakness becomes an Electric resist, Rock weakness is halved, Fire becomes resisted even more at the price of getting hit by Ground moves unless it gets Levitate and Dragon moves Super Effectively. It would also gain STAB on its Dragon moves and gain Draco Meteor at the cost of STAB on its Flying moves. Air Slash would be the only real loss in that regard though. Yeah. Charizard would be better as a Fire / Dragon Type.

6. Eclipse

Eclipse I AM GONE.

Yes, but then wouldn't it be a little overpowered for a starter?

7. ◘Ins0mnIac◘

◘Ins0mnIac◘ Supreme Overlord

Indeed. If they make one dragon starter they'd have to make em all. The stats would be insanely uneven. and it's the flame Pokemon. Not the flame dragon pokemon. I'm sure there was reason for that.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but minus Johto-every generation has had a 3 level dragon become available earlier in the game and be lower down in the pokedex. Anyone else noticed this?

8. squeezcheese

squeezcheese Well-Known Member

In your sig you say BOW BEFORE THE DRAGONS!!!! and there is an aerodactyl underneath that.

9. dpdude

dpdude teehee

i know. thats my party. im just wondering why it is a dragon...

10. ZackRL

ZackRL about last night...

I like dragons because they have few weaknesses and resistance against lots of types.

11. dpdude

dpdude teehee

12. dragonmasta

dragonmasta Well-Known Member

seriously i don't know why gyarados is a water/flying and not a water/dragon.
    it's in the dragon egg group. it learns loads of dragon attacks and it looks like one.

but yeah charizard was always my favorite cuz it looked like a dragon.
    now i look at typing instead of looks i saw fire/flying and thought WTF!?!? i thought fire/dragon

13. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Because typing Gyarados as Water/Dragon in the 1st generation would have resulted in a broken Pokémon and because the Pokémon's origins support it being part-Flying-type.

The day we as a society accept that Gyarados and Charizard are not Dragon-types and never will be and quit whining about it is truly the day that we as a society become enlightened.

14. darkgamerGS

darkgamerGS Banned

Prtobably bad examples, but Crawdaunt learns Dragon Dance and Arbok's in the Dragon egg group. Are they dragons?

Altaria is a bird with cloud wings that evolved from a Normal/Flying into a Dragon/Flying. Does that look like a dragon?

Can't we accept the typings they got? The only starter to look anything like a dragon is Charizard, and that's Fire/Flying.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  15. Staryu

Staryu I know, I know..

^Altaria kind of looks like a dragon. Maybe a little bit xD.

They probably just didn't want Charizard to be much stronger than Venusaur and Blastoise, and if he was dragon type, he probably would be.

16. ShinyPichu4Ever

ShinyPichu4Ever Eye of the Storm

Dragons are awesome. and my favorite dragonesque starter is Feraligatr

17. I like dragon pokemon as much as most of you but one of the annoying aspects is that some of my favourites such as Dragonite, Garchomp, Salamance and Flygon are so incredibly weak against Ice, thats why I will never have more than one dragon type in my party.

18. ShinyPichu4Ever

All you have to do is build up their defence, that way they won't faint even when an attack is powerful + super-effective

19. Red Frostraven

Red Frostraven Well-Known Member

Fire Dragon with Levitate.

Mmmmmm...

But seriously, where is my 'solid rock' Ice Dragon already?

20. ShinyPichu4Ever

There isn't one