• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

30stm itt

GalladeX

IDEA-STEALING FTW.

So Alex did this with Daft Punk and I figured I'd do the same thing with 30 Seconds To Mars.

Be sure to listen to the tunes as you browse mah team.

Woo.

490.png

• Manaphy @ Leftovers
  • Hydration
  • Timid Nature
  • 4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
  • •Surf
  • •Tail Glow
  • •Ice Beam
  • •Energy Ball

L490

Manaphy is number 490 in the 'dex, of course.

Tail Glow set. Surf is STAB, Ice Beam takes care of Grass-types, Energy Ball lets me hit Water-types. Not much else to say.

233-frame1.png

• Porygon 2 @ Eviolite
  • Adaptability
  • Modest Nature
  • 252 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 4 Speed
  • Charge Beam
  • Tri Attack
  • Psyshock
  • Ice Beam

Anarchy in Tokyo

Good god I'm insensitive.

Also, gimmicky set is gimmicky. Conversion changes you to Electric, you Lock On, and then fire Zap Cannon. Probably gonna be a OHKO with 180 base Power. The Eviolite lets him survive long enough to pull off this combo. Ice Beam hits Dragon, Grass, Ground, etc.

Redesigned set. Charge Beam to set up, Tri Attack for STAB and because it's awesome, Psyshock is a great move, and Ice Beam because I can't think of anything else.

GarchompSprite.png

• Garchomp @ Life Orb
  • Sand Veil
  • Jolly Nature
  • 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
  • •Swords Dance
  • •Earthquake
  • Fire Fang
  • •Dragon Claw

Edge of the Earth

Well he is a Ground-type.

I could probably put False Swipe on this thing and still wreck. Swords Dance set, Earthquake/Rock Slide/Dragon Claw = death. Jolly because his Attack's pretty good anyway, non?

tornadus.png

• Tornadus @ Nothing
  • Prankster
  • Jolly Nature
  • 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
  • •Bulk Up
  • •Brick Break
  • •Acrobatics
  • Rock Slide

Hurricane

Not explaining it. :I

Physical Tornadus wut. Bulk Up gets priority, so he can set up to make his already good/greatt attack stat even better. Acrobatics + Flying Gem is chill. Brick Break takes care of Steel and Ice and such. Return can be good neutral coverage, but U-Turn can be good if you wanna GTFO.

victini.png

• Victini @ Wide Lens
  • Victory Star
  • Timid Nature
  • 4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
  • Fire Blast
  • Focus Blast
  • •Energy Ball
  • •Shadow Ball

Year Zero

Number Zero in the Unova dex.

Special Attacking Victini. Not much else to say. V-Create is STAB, Psyshock is STAB and auto mixes him, Energy Ball is coverage, and so is Shadow Ball.

Empoleon_Sprite.png

• Empoleon @ Leftovers
  • Defiant
  • Adamant Nature
  • 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 HP
  • •Swords Dance
  • •Aqua Jet
  • •Earthquake
  • •Rock Slide

Kings and Queens

He's very royal.

Uh wut. Physical Empoleon, too?! I thought it would be a good idea. :c
Swords Dance is the main booster, but Defiant can help to. Aqua Jet is STAB, Earthquake and Rock Slide is for coverage. The extra HP and leftovers is so he can survive to set up the Sword Dances.

Rate. :U

Updates in bold.

Last edited:

aquasuicune

I think that Porygon2 may be a bit too gimmicky. I'm not too familiar with the workings of conversion, but even with the great defenses, it's still taking three hits before it can fire back. You could achieve a similar result just launching a thunder wave and two thunderbolts or something.

I would also consider Stone Edge on Garchomp over rock slide, if for nothing more than the whole "Edge of the Earth" thing.

For Tornadus, unless you plan to keep him in on electrics, go with U-turn. Acrobatics hits everything return would hit for greater damage with the exception of electrics, who Tornadus probably wants to flee from. U-turn is nice for scouting and such anyway.

V-create may be immensely strong, but it is also physical... Still worth using on a modest Victini? I think Fire Blast would be more helpful if you want to sweep.

I would also consider putting Waterfall on Empoleon somewhere; it's nice to have STAB moves with a base power of more than 40. You could try Waterfall+Return for good coverage of most things with the notable exceptions of other Empoleon and Jellicent, who could actually be a problem. I am currently of the opinion that Waterfall+return would be the best option, as long as you can get rid of opposing Jellicent.

My last note is that I would question putting +atk/+sp. atk natures instead of +speed natures on nearly all of your pokémon. Check how much more damage you'll be able to do with the +atk natures, and weigh that against all the other pokémon you'll be able to outspeed by using timid or jolly. At least for me, I would prefer to outspeed rather than hit a little harder.

Last edited:

GalladeX

I think that Porygon2 may be a bit too gimmicky. I'm not too familiar with the workings of conversion, but even with the great defenses, it's still taking three hits before it can fire back. You could achieve a similar result just launching a thunder wave and two thunderbolts or something.

Perhaps you are correct.

I would also consider Stone Edge on Garchomp over rock slide, if for nothing more than the whole "Edge of the Earth" thing.

I prefer Rock Slide simply 'cause it has better accuracy, so if I need to take out an Ice-type, it WILL thankfully hit more often than Stone Edge, which could be gamebreaking.

For Tornadus, unless you plan to keep him in on electrics, go with U-turn. Acrobatics hits everything return would hit for greater damage with the exception of electrics, who Tornadus probably wants to flee from. U-turn is nice for scouting and such anyway.

You're probably right. I'll go with U-Turn.

V-create may be immensely strong, but it is also physical... Still worth using on a modest Victini? I think Fire Blast would be more helpful if you want to sweep.

...I thought V-Create was special. ._.
Well, I fail. :x
I'll go with Fire Blast.

I would also consider putting Waterfall on Empoleon somewhere; it's nice to have STAB moves with a base power of more than 40. You could try Waterfall+Return for good coverage of most things with the notable exceptions of other Empoleon and Jellicent, who could actually be a problem. I am currently of the opinion that Waterfall+return would be the best option, as long as you can get rid of opposing Jellicent.

Aaaaand you're probably right again. I'll run Waterfall over Aqua Jet and Return over Rock Slide. ^^

My last note is that I would question putting +atk/+sp. atk natures instead of +speed natures on nearly all of your pokémon. Check how much more damage you'll be able to do with the +atk natures, and weigh that against all the other pokémon you'll be able to outspeed by using timid or jolly. At least for me, I would prefer to outspeed rather than hit a little harder.

Thanks. I'll probably run Jolly over Adamant on Empoleon. Any other ideas?

Last edited:

aquasuicune

Do also realize that SE rock slide is just as powerful as STAB earthquake, so unless you're worried about Abomasnow or Articuno, you'll do just fine with Earthquake. In fact, you'd actually be best off with fire fang or fire blast in that last moveslot to hit Skarmory, Forretress, and Ferrothorn.

Porygon2 looks much better now.

I would actually nominate Victini, Tornadus, and even possibly Manaphy for speed boosting natures. Empoleon really doesn't need the speed, as he should be brought out late in the game for clean up, setting up a swords dance and killing as much as he can with aqua jet. Waterfall is for things you know are slower than you, or things you don't mind taking a hit from.

GalladeX

Do also realize that SE rock slide is just as powerful as STAB earthquake, so unless you're worried about Abomasnow or Articuno, you'll do just fine with Earthquake. In fact, you'd actually be best off with fire fang or fire blast in that last moveslot to hit Skarmory, Forretress, and Ferrothorn.

Yeah, you're right...

Porygon2 looks much better now.

Yay.

I would actually nominate Victini, Tornadus, and even possibly Manaphy for speed boosting natures. Empoleon really doesn't need the speed, as he should be brought out late in the game for clean up, setting up a swords dance and killing as much as he can with aqua jet. Waterfall is for things you know are slower than you, or things you don't mind taking a hit from.

I agree with Manaphy and Tornadus having +Speed natures, yeah, but I don't think Victini should have one. Manaphy and Tornadus are both setter-uppers, so they could boost their attack high enough as a +Attack/Sp Attack nature would do, but Victini doesn't really have a set-up move. I think Victini needs all the power he can get, in other words. I agree with what you said about Empoleon, too. Should Empoleon have Waterfall or Aqua Jet, by the way?

Last edited:

aquasuicune

Just realize that there are a TON of pokémon sitting between base 87 and 99 speed (nearly 70 I believe!) that will outspeed a modest Victini if they run max speed. Granted, many of them are not threatening (i.e. pikachu and poliwag), but take a look here: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/stat/speed.shtml and see how many of them can reach a max speed between 300 and 328, and see how important it is to you to be able to take them out.
Also, consider running damage checks with Victini too see if modest is actually getting you significant KO's; otherwise, you'd be far better off getting a bit of extra speed.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
hi.

yeah psyshock is a good move but just that isn't enough to justify its use, especially when it gives crap coverage. you seem to be going for bulky attacking on p-2 so stick recover in there instead imo. just seems so pointless not to use it when you have 252 hp and the evolite for ridiculous defence.

i'll be honest and admit that i did a double-take @ fire fang > rock slide on lolchomp. really rock slide is the better option here imo. dragon + fire has good coverage, yes, but quakedge has equally good, especially when this way the combo is playing off your stronger stab (as in earthquake's 100 base power compared with dragon claw's 80). i don't think three specific pokemon, two of which rarely appear in this generation, justify using fire fang > rock slide. the argument of "stab eq = se rock slide" is also pretty weak since stab eq > se fire fang except against 4x weaknesses. the argument's also made weaker by the fact that your stab eq can't even touch an entire type which rock slide hits for se against.

additionally, drop the life orb for leftovers. lolchomp's lolatk + swords dance + life orb is ridiculous overkill. play off its decent natural bulk with leftovers instead.

imo drop the flying gem on tornado thing and just have nothing since flying gem is a one-time use item, meaning that you could easily end up unloading it at a time when you really don't need to. save it for the later matches where it's important by keeping it safe in your items bag. i also noticed how badly u-turn and bulk up contradict each other. have rock slide in there instead to handle the flying weakness and then replace brick break with earthquake which does the same job but better.

try out the wide lens as victini's item to make fire blast even more foolproof and use focus blast > shadow ball, which is providing pretty useless coverage in all honesty. with focus blast you can be sure to cover dark types which at present could cause a fair bit of trouble. edit: seconding aquasuicune with the timid victini.

empoleon's evs are incomplete; you haven't allocated 4 points. i also don't see what the point the 8 evs in hp, with 4 taken from spe, is. care to elaborate? anyway, it wants aqua jet since even with max (or near-max) spe it's not very fast. in all honesty i don't see why not to make it bulky physical with 252 hp / 252 atk / 4 spe.

in terms of synergy you're alright but electric types will kill you. see what you can do to fix that. i think a replacement is in order and i don't see how tornado thing is helping you. you also (especially if you take my suggestions regarding tornado thing) have a lot of quakeedge here.

hope it helps.

Last edited:

GalladeX

8D <3

yeah psyshock is a good move but just that isn't enough to justify its use, especially when it gives crap coverage. you seem to be going for bulky attacking on p-2 so stick recover in there instead imo. just seems so pointless not to use it when you have 252 hp and the evolite for ridiculous defence.

sounds good. I thought maybe Psyshock would be good for fighting-types, but i guess Tri-Attack would still do a lot, non? Recover sounds good.

i'll be honest and admit that i did a double-take @ fire fang > rock slide on lolchomp. really rock slide is the better option here imo. dragon + fire has good coverage, yes, but quakedge has equally good, especially when this way the combo is playing off your stronger stab (as in earthquake's 100 base power compared with dragon claw's 80). i don't think three specific pokemon, two of which rarely appear in this generation, justify using fire fang > rock slide. the argument of "stab eq = se rock slide" is also pretty weak since stab eq > se fire fang except against 4x weaknesses. the argument's also made weaker by the fact that your stab eq can't even touch an entire type which rock slide hits for se against.

I knew it! Alrighty, i'll go with Rock Slide.

additionally, drop the life orb for leftovers. lolchomp's lolatk + swords dance + life orb is ridiculous overkill. play off its decent natural bulk with leftovers instead.

No kill like overkill.

BUT OK.

imo drop the flying gem on tornado thing and just have nothing since flying gem is a one-time use item, meaning that you could easily end up unloading it at a time when you really don't need to. save it for the later matches where it's important by keeping it safe in your items bag. i also noticed how badly u-turn and bulk up contradict each other. have rock slide in there instead to handle the flying weakness and then replace brick break with earthquake which does the same job but better.

lol tornado thing.

yeah, u-turn kinda sucks. i'll replace it with rock slide, but, he,

uh

tornadus doesn't learn earthquake. ._.

try out the wide lens as victini's item to make fire blast even more foolproof and use focus blast > shadow ball, which is providing pretty useless coverage in all honesty. with focus blast you can be sure to cover dark types which at present could cause a fair bit of trouble. edit: seconding aquasuicune with the timid victini.

hrm. wide lens? alright.
and focus blast sounds good, and would work with said wide lens, yeah.

mhm, i actually did a little testing with timid vs modest on Pokemon Online, since I couldn't find a Gen V damage calculator. timid worked out best, so i'll use that.

empoleon's evs are incomplete; you haven't allocated 4 points. i also don't see what the point the 8 evs in hp, with 4 taken from spe, is. care to elaborate? anyway, it wants aqua jet since even with max (or near-max) spe it's not very fast. in all honesty i don't see why not to make it bulky physical with 252 hp / 252 atk / 4 spe.

hrm. i thought i used them all. YAY FOR MY PRO MATH SKILLZ.

but yeah, i wanted to make him a set-up sweeper, but i'm usually (overly) careful with HP EVs, and I wanted to be sure he could survive to set up a SD if he needed to.
your evs sound good/better.

in terms of synergy you're alright but electric types will kill you. see what you can do to fix that. i think a replacement is in order and i don't see how tornado thing is helping you. you also (especially if you take my suggestions regarding tornado thing) have a lot of quakeedge here.

meh, that's why i put lolchomp.
also tornado thing has a name. :c
maybe i could use gliscor?

gliscor @ toxic orb
-poison heal
-adamant
-252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed
  • Earthquake
  • Swords Dance
  • Rock Slide
  • Fire Fang

what do you think? idk though, i kinda wanted to use tornadus.

but quakeedge is awesome. :c

hope it helps.

it did indeed. thanks bro.

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
sounds good. I thought maybe Psyshock would be good for fighting-types, but i guess Tri-Attack would still do a lot, non? Recover sounds good.

pretty sure adaptability tri attack ≈ se psyshock anyway.

but yeah, i wanted to make him a set-up sweeper, but i'm usually (overly) careful with HP EVs, and I wanted to be sure he could survive to set up a SD if he needed to.
your evs sound good/better.

well if you want to get all fancy with the evs you can run an agilipoleon which might be nice next to sdchomp.

also tornado thing has a name. :c

no it doesn't.

gliscor @ toxic orb
-poison heal
-adamant
-252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed
  • Earthquake
  • Swords Dance
  • Rock Slide
  • Fire Fang

what do you think?

tbh i'd avoid a ground type, especially gliscor, because it doubles up on chomp's 4x ice weakness which is not fun. especially when your rock moves to kill them with are on things like lolchomp and gliscor.

but quakeedge is awesome. :c

but redundancyyyyyyyyy.

GalladeX

pretty sure adaptability tri attack ≈ se psyshock anyway.

yeah, i believe so.

well if you want to get all fancy with the evs you can run an agilipoleon which might be nice next to sdchomp.

i've never been good with overly fancy evs, and honestly i've never been a fan of agility.

no it doesn't.

yes it does. :cccc

tbh i'd avoid a ground type, especially gliscor, because it doubles up on chomp's 4x ice weakness which is not fun. especially when your rock moves to kill them with are on things like lolchomp and gliscor.

yeah, i guess. i need something that takes care of electric-types...
earthquake, in other words.

HMMMM

what about hitmonlee?

i could use...

hitmonlee @ focus sash
-jolly, reckless
-4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 Speed
  • hi jump kick
  • earthquake
  • rock slide
  • blaze kick/return

he helps take care of lolchomp's ice weakness, and he fits with the team's synergy. sort of.
what would you recommend?

but redundancyyyyyyyyy.

but awesommmmeeee.