• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

#395 Empoleon: Your Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasnt got the worst stats, and isnt the ugliest Pokemon in the world, and its not a let-down for its type combo, but I dont consider it awesome. I conisder it only good.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I am an Empoleon fan, but I'm not crazy about it. I think it's good but not wonderful. Mine sucks because it has a Relaxed nature and everything outruns it.

Aviano

I dropped my balls
People get so horribly optimistic about their favorites.

:0

SOME good sides of Empoleon as far as battling is concerned:
  1. As far as stats go, Empoleon is the second best 4th Gen starter, behind Infernape (I believe that's true, I'm 99% sure)
  2. It has a great Special Attack stat
  3. The typing removes some weaknesses that would be a big deal
  4. It's moveset pwns
  5. It has solid stats, only lacking in Speed, and even then, give it a Quick Claw
  6. If you like powerful attacks, it's one of the few pokemon that learn Hydro Cannon
  7. Don't ever say he isn't good at battling, from personal experience, Empoleon can battle with the best

1.Stats doesn't mean anything, it's stat placement which is important, and Empoleon's stats is meh-ish
2.It has an adequate Special Attack stat
3.true, the typing is good.
4.It's movepool is freakishly small, but has some decent attacks.
5.it's stats are a little to solid. also, quick claw is for noobs.
6.Iif you like powerfull attacks like hydrocannon, then you're not a competitive battler and we don't care about your opinion.
7.It's decent, it counters some of the greatest threats half decently, but it's no superstar

Last edited:

Silver Suicune

Milotic = My Erotic
Here, discuss your thoughts on Empoleon, and if you want, Piplup and Prinplup.

Are you a fan? Kind of
If you are, why? It's a penguin
If you aren't, WHY?!? It's an ugly penguin
What do you think of it's moves?Nothing flashy
What do you think of it's looks?Ew
What do you think of it's rare type?Gives it more weaknesses than resistances

Point ^^^^^^^^^

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
I love it, it's ony of my favourtis pokemon (top ten), I liked it first for its cool looks, then for the awesome typing...Water/Steel rocks!

Amaranth

Swag
I Hate It A Lil' But Piplup Is Great, Cute Funny And Cute, Cute I Said That Right?

Prinlup Is Also Awesome, Shame It's Evo's Ugly :(

Flygon master

Battle Me!
Here, discuss your thoughts on Empoleon, and if you want, Piplup and Prinplup.

Are you a fan?
If you are, why?
If you aren't, WHY?!?
What do you think of it's moves?
What do you think of it's looks?
What do you think of it's rare type?

Those are a few examples of what I'm talking about.

I'm a fan, a BIG fan, I consider myself it's biggest fan. The moves, awesome. The looks, awesome. A decent penguin pokemon? Awesome. Steel/Water typing? Awesome. In describing my thoughts on Empoleon, I can't use the words 'awesome', 'great', and 'super-special-awesome' enough.

What are your thoughts on Empoleon?

Are you a fan? Yes, a HUGE fan!
If you are, why? He looks cool, powerful, I just like him!
If you aren't, WHY?!? Ehem.
What do you think of it's moves? Awesome, can learn a lot, love his moves!
What do you think of it's looks? Better, erm let me rephrase that, WAY better looking on all the cards! He looks pretty cool though on the game too.
What do you think of it's rare type? Well, it is the first water/steel type pokemon. I like it. Steel type adds fire to normal effective and ground, and fighting though to super effective. It also makes normal,dragon, rock, grass-normal, and all others to not very effective.

Empoleon is also trhe best starter in stats. He was rated better than infernape and only feraligatr has a total of 18 which I think Empoleon could beat. I just love Empoleon!

abgar

Fufufufu
i love empolions. beating giant penguins with my plusle sure makes my day.

Rudol Ichiga

The chosen one
Sucks major butt

*~Water Lover~*

You. Get it?
Empoleon's not horribly good, but it's not horribly bad either. Makes a good special wall on Sandstorm/Rain Dance teams.

??????

That guy.
Not the best Water Starter, but better than the Alligator. Its the worst one this generation due to stats, but the resistances are excellent.

We don't need more threads about individual Pokemon. Actually, those are against the General Pokemon Discussion rules in the first place. If we allowed threads for single Pokemon, we'd get people creating threads for the other 493(?) Pokemon. :/

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.