• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

#395 Empoleon: Your Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipKnoT

Here, discuss your thoughts on Empoleon, and if you want, Piplup and Prinplup.

Are you a fan?
If you are, why?
If you aren't, WHY?!?
What do you think of it's moves?
What do you think of it's looks?
What do you think of it's rare type?

Those are a few examples of what I'm talking about.

I'm a fan, a BIG fan, I consider myself it's biggest fan. The moves, awesome. The looks, awesome. A decent penguin pokemon? Awesome. Steel/Water typing? Awesome. In describing my thoughts on Empoleon, I can't use the words 'awesome', 'great', and 'super-special-awesome' enough.

What are your thoughts on Empoleon?

_Aerodactyl_

Skilled Trainer

Are you a fan? Not really
If you are, why? Well I'm not =P
If you aren't, WHY?!? I don't think it is very strong and its odd looking.
What do you think of it's moves? It's moves can be good, but most of the time are terrible.
What do you think of it's looks? Terrible
What do you think of it's rare type? I have to admit I like the type combo of it, getting rid of the weakness of Fire and Grass.

My answers are in the quote ;)

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
A bigger movepool would greatly benefit him. I also don't like his looks, you'd think a giant water penguin would be more mobile.

POKEMASTERNATHAN

Are you a fan?
Yes,it's an awesome Pokemon.
If you are, why?
...EVERY REASON!
What do you think of it's moves?
Marvelous.(I love poisoning Pokemon all the time)
What do you think of it's looks?
Kinda so-so.Not good,not bad.
What do you think of it's rare type?
One of the best!(Except that it leaves it vulnerable to Golem and Heracross and Rhyperior and stuff.)

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.
i'm kind of a fan, although i don't use it for my team anymore. i chose it as my starter and it was the only pokemon i used until i was able to go to pal park. it learned moves that were super effective against most of the elite 4.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
i like 'um there fun in battle they cant be poisoned by aron the can kill bertha flints a gonner and lucian cant beat mine but cyinthia she maybe able to beat min *mumbles cheater*

sippy_juice

Anvils are awesome
I traded for an Empoleon, and it's become one of my favorite Pokemon. It learns many kinds of moves, can't be poisoned, and resists a whole lot. Yeah, definitely an Emploeon fan.

coldFIRE-blazichard

Fire That Never Dies
The Empoleon family is cool, about time they made a penguin Pokemon btw, 4 generations for that wtf?

I wonder why they are so proud of themselves though, penguins are supposed to be nice xD

Ho-oh Master

Are you a fan? Yes
If you are, why? He is so cute
If you aren't, WHY?!?
What do you think of it's moves? I like them
What do you think of it's looks? He's awesome looking
What do you think of it's rare type? I like it..

Pochama FTW, I like him out of all the starters ever.

profpeanut

I'm kind of a fan, partly because I like penguins :D (I like it better than the other starters, anyway) It's movepool is good enough and an Aqua Jet always saved the day.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
I dont like empoleon... it just doesnt appeal to me... also the other two starters are much more useful i feal for competitive battling which is what i love to do...

SlipKnoT

I dont like empoleon... it just doesnt appeal to me... also the other two starters are much more useful i feal for competitive battling which is what i love to do...
:0

SOME good sides of Empoleon as far as battling is concerned:
  1. As far as stats go, Empoleon is the second best 4th Gen starter, behind Infernape (I believe that's true, I'm 99% sure)
  2. It has a great Special Attack stat
  3. The typing removes some weaknesses that would be a big deal
  4. It's moveset pwns
  5. It has solid stats, only lacking in Speed, and even then, give it a Quick Claw
  6. If you like powerful attacks, it's one of the few pokemon that learn Hydro Cannon
  7. Don't ever say he isn't good at battling, from personal experience, Empoleon can battle with the best

kronos

Are you a fan? Uh, kinda
If you are, why? Because Empoleon looks so darn cool and it has a unique type AND...its a PENGUIN !!!
If you aren't, WHY?!? I said that I am a fan...
What do you think of it's moves? I, erm, think they're quite useful for winning battles. :D.Empoleon was my strongest pokemon when I had Diamond.And I also like Empoleon's freakishly awesome special stat.
What do you think of it's looks? Empoleon's looks pwn all the other birdy pokemon.lol.
What do you think of it's rare type? I think it's very nice.Steel and Water both are some of my favourite types.Put 'em together and it's a dream come true !

What are your thoughts on Empoleon?
Answers are bolded in the quote.

Last edited:

KidLoose

Warning: Narutard!
I chose piplup as my starter after seeing the first episode of Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl, as I found Dawn and her piplup to be hilarious together. I haven't regretted that decision, as empoleon has become one of my favorite pokémon of the fourth generation (right behind lopunny). I love his typing (even though one of my biggest rivals used to abuse Earthquake against me), and I feel it's pretty well balanced all around. It's a little slow for my liking, but its defense and resistances make up for that. Plus, I think it just looks cool.

So yeah, I'm an empoleon fan! ^^

Limited movepool is the problem. Almost every usable Empoleon moveset must have Grass Knot..which bothers a little.

The typing is nice and unique, more resistances is always good.

MyPartnerIsPlusle

Delibird is a penguin? when did that happen? Anyways, I'm not a big fan of Empoleon. Its a goofy looking Pokemon. A walking lighting rod. I'm more into Grass types. Its weird. I liked all the water type starters until Piplup came along. Also, I hated all the Grass Starters (except Bulbasaur, hes awesome) until Turtwig came along. And the only good Fire type starters are Charizard and Blaziken.

coldFIRE-blazichard

Fire That Never Dies
Delibird is a penguin? when did that happen? Anyways, I'm not a big fan of Empoleon. Its a goofy looking Pokemon. A walking lighting rod. I'm more into Grass types. Its weird. I liked all the water type starters until Piplup came along. Also, I hated all the Grass Starters (except Bulbasaur, hes awesome) until Turtwig came along. And the only good Fire type starters are Charizard and Blaziken.

Strangely it is, thought it was a hmm.. red bird lol

Blaziken and Charizard is all <3 sig below says it all

MyPartnerIsPlusle

I could make a sig like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.