1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

3d models of pokemon/fakemon.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by -Raiga-, Mar 14, 2011.

1. -Raiga-

-Raiga- Well-Known Member

Sup'? Thought I'd show you guys all of my latest projects, some of them are pokemon, and others are fakemon for Pokemon Imperial Sky.

Items-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fakemon-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pokemon-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. Ditto123

Ditto123 ~Word~

These are really good. Keep up the work. I can't see anything wrong. But I also don't know about computer art -_-

First Post!

3. -Raiga-

Yeah, thats the problem with this type of thing, as its obvious when so few people do it, of course even an idiots 3d model would look cool. I just started, but I've already seen MANY people who are waaayyy better than this. While I can say I just do it for fun, I always try and do the best I can at any art related thing.

Thanks for the comment.

Duosion-[​IMG]

4. -Raiga-

Solosis-[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  5. Dunsparce4prez

Dunsparce4prez Well-Known Member

Awesome! You got the look down pat.

6. AzukanAsimbu

AzukanAsimbu Petal Paladin

i wanna eat it it looks gummi!

7. -Raiga-

Thanks to both of you for the comments!

Reuniclus-[​IMG]

I added texture to its cell wall like solosis, but it didn't look right so I removed it. Instead it has downright evil lighting from below.

8. TehPokeNoob

TehPokeNoob Online Battle Newbie

For these 3d images, do you use PhotoShop, GIMP, or a similar program?

9. -Raiga-

I WISH I could draw stuff like that. I use a program called Zbrush, which you can literally get the full prgram(a $600 one at that) in the 30 day trial version on their site. Its difficult to use if you just jump in, but they have PHENOMENAL tutorials on their site, and if you watch all of them and try everything in them(only about 6 hours total), you can certainly make something like this very easily.

Basically its a 3d modeling program simliar to maya, or 3ds max.

10. tomthepom

tomthepom Well-Known Member

I bow down to you sir, master of the 3D images.

These are amazing, Reuniclus looks like it could actually be out of a new PBR.
    Do you have any plans to go back and redo the older ones?

The only little thing i have to crit is the little squares all over Reuniclus, are they intentional or an effect of the light? It looks a little strange to me, but it also adds to it since everything in this new generation seems to have that black and white cross pattern.

11. -Raiga-

As I explained in my post above yours, I just stared a week or two ago, I ASSURE you I'm NOTHING compared to most.

Anywho, what you're reffering to is simply how the polycount(or amount of polygons used).

Just like-[​IMG]

...Back in the day has all of those square-like angles(and say, the models on the intro screen of black and white), due to system restrictions. But why do they look like more than a few squares you may ask....well, they were smart and just painted the shading on.

In other words, this is the solution to what you're talking about, simply dividing those polygons into more-[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  12. Thunder Snorlax

Thunder Snorlax Pokemon Artist

I like your fakemon 3D arts! You're very creative. :D

13. -Raiga-

If you're going to comment, read the first post at least. I didn't create them(the designs), I only made the 3d model of them.

14. WillowRib

WillowRib Yes, I build robots

That would be a kick *** glass charm!

15. Infectious

Infectious <('-'<)

I like them. Keep it up.

16. noahk

noahk Well-Known Member

*twitch* I worship this haha. That Reuniclus is amazing.

17. -Raiga-

[​IMG]

Little preview of reshiram so people don't think I abandoned the thread, thanks for all the kind comments.

Main problem I'm having is his feet, but I haven't spent much time on them since this is just leading up to me essentially redoing all of the "skin". And its hard to say I enjoy working on that dong of his.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  18. PokemonRoss

PokemonRoss Graphic Artist@17 :)

Very Impressed, I especially like Rueniclus,(My Faveourite pokemon EVERRR!!!) I'm not very good at 3d rendering, but i do enjoy free hand drawing in photoshop with my graphics tab.

Are you doing these in Maya or a different program?

19. -Raiga-

They are done in Zbrush, its a $600 dollar program, but you can get the FULL version in the 30 day trial and be able to save and all that good stuff.

They have some of the nicest tutorials I've seen for anything, and you can pretty much learn everything you need in 5-6 hours. Of course, as with anything in art, its easy to learn, but hard to master.

20. AzukanAsimbu

AzukanAsimbu Petal Paladin

color eeeeeet! it will look amazing