• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3d Rpg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
I know Diamond/Pearl would suck if it was in 3D on the DS, it should remain 2D.

But what do you think the offical 3D battle game for the Revolution will be? And in what ways would you like to use your pokemon from D/P? I think 3D Contests might be fun. Stupid idea maybe, but you could kind of imagine it to be like Stadium 2's minigames.

Do you think it should have a similar story mode like Colosseum/XD, involving Shadow Pokemon? Or do you think it should be an entirely new story?

Nomytaker

The Deadman
Flygon Prince said:

But what do you think the offical 3D battle game for the Revolution will be? And in what ways would you like to use your pokemon from D/P? I think 3D Contests might be fun. Stupid idea maybe, but you could kind of imagine it to be like Stadium 2's minigames.

Do you think it should have a similar story mode like Colosseum/XD, involving Shadow Pokemon? Or do you think it should be an entirely new story?
1. I wouldn't mind 3D, although I've a hunch that's 2D.
2a)Wrong part of the board for Revolution stuff.
b) Battling would be nice??
c) You said it would suck to be a 3D game [/n00bless understanding]
3) Willn't evolve ShPo since that is a console version.

Yami_no_Waru

Spikeshell Trainer
Flygon Prince said:

Probably another Coliseum like game, maybe more in-depth, wifi battling. I'd like to see, rather than contests, minigames, like Stadium, implemented, and online. That would be pretty cool. And of course D/P Pokemon would be useable :p

As for the plot... NO MORE SHADOW POKEMON >:O It's annoying and unoriginal enough :/

X

XDLord

Er....yes you can. Stick 2 unlucky trainers into a worldwide event with a super cool stadium and yes.

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
I don't think they'll do another Shadow Pokemon game, at least for consoles. As far as I've seen, they've been quite unpopular compared to the wild Pokemon/8 Gym method.

Its probably going to be in 3D which will be great. I think they will probably make a new Shadow like game for the new system for Gamecube. Its called the gamecube revoloution I think.

;003;Dark Venusaur;003;

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I don't know if this is exactly where this topic is supposed to be, but since I'm here...

I would think either another Orre game (after XD), or a stand-alone game in a new region. It seems to be difficult for programmers to script catching wild Pokemon in 3-D games, so the whole Shadow Pokemon thing is probably here to stay, at least for now.

(you know, hasn't Nintendo ever heard of Jade Cocoon?!)

Alastor DMc

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right... but I think the future console game will be called Pokemon Arena, and will have a story mode. As for the shadow pokemon, I doubt they'll be back, hopefully a seperate story.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
DJ-Will said:
I don't think they'll do another Shadow Pokemon game, at least for consoles. As far as I've seen, they've been quite unpopular compared to the wild Pokemon/8 Gym method.

I've enjoyed them just fine. Though, I have to agree it is a different feel.

As to catching wild pokemon in 3-d, XD did it just fine. You just had to use the pokespots to do it. As to randomly entering battles, that's because you always see everything in the 3-d environment. Walking pokemon and the like. They could, potentially, make a game similar to the series where the pokemon are shown kind of common, like a flock of pidgey, but be careful because the whole flock could attack you and you'd have to run away. :)

#1 Poke Fan

malcolm_n said:
I've enjoyed them just fine. Though, I have to agree it is a different feel.

As to catching wild pokemon in 3-d, XD did it just fine. You just had to use the pokespots to do it. As to randomly entering battles, that's because you always see everything in the 3-d environment. Walking pokemon and the like. They could, potentially, make a game similar to the series where the pokemon are shown kind of common, like a flock of pidgey, but be careful because the whole flock could attack you and you'd have to run away. :)

Thats a real good idea. Games based in dark Pokemon are just not as good as the "To be a Pokemon master quest" games. So as malcolm_n said, seeing the Pokemon and been able to choose it attack it or not would be excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.