• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3DS can't connect to Wi-Fi (Pokemon White 2)

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
It says that it cannot connect because the Wi-Fi User Info from the Nintendo DSi (even though I am using a 3DS) system and the save data do not match.

It then asks if it should update my Wi-Fi user data. I say yes and it attempts to connect. Then I get an error code 20109.

White 2 is the only game that is having this problem, and it wasn't doing it till my 3DS got back from being repaired because of a broken screen.

Anyone have a solution?

Last edited:

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
It says that it cannot connect because the Wi-Fi User Info from the Nintendo DSi (even though I am using a 3DS) system and the save data do not match.

It then asks if it should update my Wi-Fi user data. I say yes and it attempts to connect. Then I get an error code 20109.

White 2 is the only game that is having this problem, and it wasn't doing it till my 3DS got back from being repaired because of a broken screen.

Anyone have a solution?

Not sure about this, but I wonder if your problem regarding "updating" your wi-fi settings revolves around erasing all wi-fi settings, including those regarding the settings for 3DS games as well. If I'm wrong on that, then another possibility involves the inability to access the Connection screen on pokemon white 2 if inserted in a 3DS rather than a DSi/DSi XL, unless you set it up via the system settings app on 3DS main(home) menu in the case of the 3DS(pin required to access 3DS wi-fi settings), and if that's the case, and you're encountering problems trying to do it in-game on a 3DS, maybe you're forced to either transfer settings using the transfer tool obtainable from the DSi Shop on DSi/DSi XL, AND "System Transfer" on your 3DS if you want to play White 2 online on a 3DS, or, worst-case scenario, if your old system is absent, without the ability to update settings in-game in the case of DSi vs. 3DS(can do on DSi, not a chance on 3DS, due to pin), then that's too bad, as you have no choice but to trade all your pokemon and start over on the new 3DS, if you want online that bad... :(

^ Source

^ pdf reader or the manual obtained w/ the 3ds at purchase time to get needed to get the above problem-related material.