• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3DS/DSi and editing posts/security token.

Azurus

The Ancient Absol
I'm sure other people have this problem with attempting to edit a post on either forums or visitor message boards.

When I click the edit button on the forums, it brings up the box and shows the buttons for edit, delete, and two others, to which nothing can be confirmed, it just clicks and clicks and nothing happens

When you post a VM and want to edit/delete it, nothing can be done as it just clicks and clicks and nothing happens.

What are some solutions, if any, and if not, will there be a forum fix that allows this?

Security token.

About 35% of the time when I am posting/viewing stuff (usually on user profiles as VM's) on my 3DS, a message will pop up saying a security token is missing and cannot process my message, or something to that extent. I know clicking the "go advanced" button allows you to go past this obstacle, but I was wondering if there's a solution to this or a fix in the works.

I apologize if this has been asked or answered before, but you I'm sure you can understand why I wouldn't look at every variant of this possible topic due to the fact I am using a device that is slow and experiences errors on a constant basis.

Thanks in advance for any solutions/fixes/news that could help me and others with this problem.

BCVM22

There is no solution. Likely this build of the board software and infrastructure simply does things that the bare-bones 3DS browser can't process properly. Any number of similarly- and more complicated websites are going to give it the same issues. You can't sign in to Twitter from the 3DS browser, for example.

Azurus

The Ancient Absol
Thanks for the quick response, and that is what I figured. *sigh*
Kind of appropriate that you have a Metagross for an avatar considering the nature of your response though.

Skydra

I have used the 3DS for the forums before, and never had any problems other than a slow load time (which you would obviously expect). I think the VBulletin upgrade is partially related, as I've even had a problem posting from Chrome on my laptop at one point. The technology of the forums may have advanced past the 3DS with the forum upgrade.