• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3DS SD card problem

Zachmac

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I tried something pretty dumb, and know I need help getting out of it...

It's a little complicated, so I'll try to explain this as clearly as I can.

I downloaded Pokemon Y on my first SD card. I put a lot of time into it, already finding a shiny pokemon, EV trained several through super training, and many other achievements.

I found a second SD card. I downloaded pokemon Y onto this as well, using the same 3DS. I started a new file, played for a bit, and saved.

I put my first SD card back into the 3DS, expecting to pick up from where my first save file had left off. Instead, I got this message: "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it can't be used. Please refer to the electronics manual."

I don't care about the second SD card anymore, but is there anyway I could possibly retrieve the data from my first play through? I tried deleting and redownloading(with a save-data backup of course), but that didn't work.

I know this is pokemon related, but I feel it's best put in the tech section, considering the circumstances. I'm not asking about anything regarding the game itself, just rescuing save data. And sorry for the unspecific title, it's difficult to explain the situation in one phrase, I'm more stressed out by this than I should be.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
You have the digital version of the game, right? Every time you save your game on X or Y then it saves a small bit of data to the actual 3DS's system memory telling it that was the last save used. If you try to use a save that wasn't the last one used then it won't load. And since there's no way to access the 3DS's system memory there's no way to change that. They put that in place so people can't clone Pokemon by reloading older saves.

Someone else may post some way to fix your problem. But I'm pretty sure there's no way to get your old save back now. Sorry.

Zachmac

After both researching and waiting for a response, it seems I've found nothing.

Well, now that I've calmed down, I've decided to just delete the data and start again from scratch. So there is now fixing it now.

And from here on out, I've decided I'll only use things for their intended purpose, so at least I've learned something from this.