• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3DS shoulder button suddenly stops/starts working

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The right shoulder button will suddenly become unresponsive even in the middle of games. And it'll start working again just as quickly. I thought this happened after I had it fixed for something unrelated, but when I cleaned the button with a dry toothbrush (as instructed by someone at Nintendo help), it worked...for a while. It doesn't always work, and that may also be a coincidence.

Do I have to send it in for other repairs?

If it matters, the previous repairs are for a broken hinge (like...super broken, literally falling apart due to a quick trip to the pavement) and then for the 3D being unable to turn off even under parental controls (the new top screen was faulty). They shouldn't be related but if the repairs did both merit a new top screen...

Spacial

procrastination
I had an experience where my L button jammed on a weekend from playing Kid Icarus - I assumed I'd have to get it repaired but left my 3DS during the week and by Friday the button was working again and I haven't had any problems with it since. I'd say just give it time and try not to mash it too much when it is responsive.