• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3DS Trade in Rates

PokemonTrainerKaden

I have a used but in really good condition DSi XL. I'm looking to trade it in at GameStop for a 3DS tomorrow when I get my copy of Pokemon White 2, but I only want to trade it in if I'm going to get a good deal. I read somewhere that I could get $100 for it however those articles were posted near the release of the 3DS and I doubt those deals are still up. Could someone tell me how much I could expect to get from my system trade in?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I believe that price was only for the first few months the system was out. Now, you'll probably get the normal trade in value. When I went to trade in my DSi that offered me $30. Safe to say that your system won't break $45 unless your local store is doing a special deal something.

Actually your system could run for $100 if you trade it in at Bestbuy.

Last edited:

PokemonTrainerKaden

Thank you for the reply! I think I am going to trade it in.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Eh...I've actually heard good about Nyko's battery pack. Do keep in mind though, you won't be able to use the Circle Pad Pro with it. That said, if you choose to skip on the battery pack, I suggest buying the XL first, transferring the data from you old 3DS, then sell it.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Eh...I've actually heard good about Nyko's battery pack. Do keep in mind though, you won't be able to use the Circle Pad Pro with it. That said, if you choose to skip on the battery pack, I suggest buying the XL first, transferring the data from you old 3DS, then sell it.

There's actually this combo Battery pack/CPP that Nyko released a while back. It's $30, but it's worth it.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
There's actually this combo Battery pack/CPP that Nyko released a while back. It's $30, but it's worth it.
Got an image of it so you can possibly save Zoruaruler a couple bucks?

ParaChomp

be your own guru

PokemonTrainerKaden

Para, I don't have any idea what you're talking about could you explain it more in depth? Haha and either way I think you misunderstood me. I'm trading in my XL for a new 3DS not the other way around.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Para, I don't have any idea what you're talking about could you explain it more in depth? Haha and either way I think you misunderstood me. I'm trading in my XL for a new 3DS not the other way around.
Oops, misread it. I thought you were trading in your 3DS for a 3DS XL. Heh heh, we all make mistakes.

PokemonTrainerKaden

No haha and thanks for trying :D The reason I'm getting rid of my XL is because I don't like the bulkiness and that I really can't carry it anywhere without my leg going numb, so I'm going smaller.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
No haha and thanks for trying :D The reason I'm getting rid of my XL is because I don't like the bulkiness and that I really can't carry it anywhere without my leg going numb, so I'm going smaller.
Ah okay. Still warning you about the low battery life.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Thanks :D I'll look into the battery you were suggesting earlier.