• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3DS XL won't turn on!!

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I was innocently going to play ReMercenaries in my 3DS and this weird this happened:

I tried to turn my XL on normally and it made a pop sound then it turned itself off. I went on about five times and checked Google and YouTube. I turned my brightness all the way down and all, but once I put it back to the angle it turns off >_< I was so shocked that I swallowed the toothpaste inside my mouth *~*

Is there any ways to fix this? I don't want to but a new one coz I love this 3DS to death D: nya~

EDIT: It can turn on but before it makes the crack sound to set an angle to play to the proper angle. The first crack it doesn't turn off but it turns off when it hits the second crack, nya~

EDIT 2: Should I buy a new one or 2DS or the small 3DS or get it repaired? I'm unsure how the repairs work and how much they cost but myXL was on sale when I bought it. $300. Now they're over $330 for the new ones. So I'm stuck...nya~

Last edited:

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I was innocently going to play ReMercenaries in my 3DS and this weird this happened:

I tried to turn my XL on normally and it made a pop sound then it turned itself off. I went on about five times and checked Google and YouTube. I turned my brightness all the way down and all, but once I put it back to the angle it turns off >_< I was so shocked that I swallowed the toothpaste inside my mouth *~*

Is there any ways to fix this? I don't want to but a new one coz I love this 3DS to death D: nya~

EDIT: It can turn on but before it makes the crack sound to set an angle to play to the proper angle. The first crack it doesn't turn off but it turns off when it hits the second crack, nya~

EDIT 2: Should I buy a new one or 2DS or the small 3DS or get it repaired? I'm unsure how the repairs work and how much they cost but myXL was on sale when I bought it. $300. Now they're over $330 for the new ones. So I'm stuck...nya~

Sounds like the sound quality the 3DS is emitting is causing your problem. Try turning your volume up slightly, or use headphones w/ volume settings. If it still makes popping sounds, even if the 3DS's volume is as high as it can go, then you might want to think about repairs/replacements if the power shuts off on a sound that does not stop even if the system is slightly louder...

Oh, and 3DS XL is cheaper on Amazon, so if you don't want to hunt anywhere else for a cheaper-than-$300-$330 3DS XL, go here and make your color choice, even if you have to wait for your 3DS XL to come to your mailbox...

edit: At first, I thought it was the hinge. But after searching through Nintendo's search bar, I found it was likely not the hinge, but one related to the volume emitted by the 3DS XL...

Last edited:

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I'm not allowed buying stuff online. I like buying in person anyway. I don't own credit cards. Neither does my parents coz my dad got fooled once when he sold/boght something online of overseas.

I tried the volume thing, didn't work. I'm going to get it repaired...hopefully it'll be better :( nya~

VahnDeathHeart

Father and Breeder
That's what i had to do with my middle child s 2ds except it wouldn't turn on at any angle call nintendo and set up a repair