• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Colosseum/XD Speculation

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I sincerly apologize if this thread does not belong here. If a mod would please alert me and move this thread if that is the case.

Now that the WII is out, is it possible that there will no longer be Colosseum games for gamecube? I do not own a WII so I am hoping that this is not the case. The Colosseum games were enjoyable and I hope a new one for gamecube is released.

Please discuss your thoughts, Battle Revolution for WII IS NOT included in this discussion.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I know how you feel. Now that DP is out over the majority of the world and now that gamecube is pretty much obsolete, in Nintendo's eyes, we may never have another NGC Pokemon RPG. If they have one for the WII, who can buy it? I don't have a WII and I only know 2 other people that do and they despise pokemon. I seriously am hoping for another Gamecube Pokemon RPG.

charizard lover

I`d like the three regi`s in the game and take your pbr person and use him/her and charizard as a starter,Most likely not I can`t wait that is if there`s a game!;006;

If not for GC, then at least some RPG game for Wii. I feel as if PBR didn't accomplish as much as Colo and XD did.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I think the GCN future games are basically dead - if they make a new Pokemon RPG, they would more than likely go for the Wii as a platform...
This thread could also be a what-you-want-in-the-third-pokemon-rpg-on-Wii/GCN...

Firstly, I would like to see the return of shadow pokemon. It's such a good concept in my view, that it deserves a return.

Secondly, a storyline that doesn't have so many question marks or plot gaps. Seriously, there are so many unexplained things... at least a decent explaination for the shadow process ('closing' their hearts?)

Thirdly, well, I'm not sure if I want a return to Orre - certainly at least eventually (if not now, the next RPG). However either even more places, or the storyline occurs long enough that past places have significant changes. Maybe a new region in addition to Orre...

Forthly, I hope there would be some good humour like the one in XD - some decent jokes there.

Lastly, whenever or wherever the next RPG takes place, and ESPECIALLY if it involves Shadow Pokemon,
THERE MUST BE MIROR B.
Not to mention a nice new grovvy theme music for him. Maybe in rematches against him, he randomly has new music theme, and ones from XD and Colo.
Personally, Miror B's Colosseum theme is better than XD - and very addictive and catch. Da-da-da-da-DA-DA, Da-da-da-DA-DA...

Pinksizzors

I likes bugs
As bobandbill and chorusco said, it's highly unlikely that'll make new games for the Gamecube. If they do make a new Pokemon RPG to go with Colosseum and XD it'll be on the Wii.

I agree bobandbill, the shadow Pokemon concept is totally awesome, but they could have done it better. What would be interesting is if you could play as a villain and turn your Pokemon into shadow Pokes. Since this would kinda make the pokemon overly powerful (lv 100 ev trained shadows would most likely kill everything with ease) maybe their shadow moves would be set randomly, or maybe there could have recoil damage every turn, to even things out a bit.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Well I think that it should definatally have shadow pokemon,a new organization(or someone revives Cipher like they revived Team Rocket in G/S/C),Shadow Regi Trio,new Shadow Attacks,for those who don't have R/S/E,Shadow Kyogre,Shadow Groudon and Shadow Rayquaza(Which can easily be XD002,XD003 and XD004 respectively),and for XD0??'s Shadow Abilities.

Or on that subject. MORE XD0??'s! I loved how they gave Shadow Lugia that corrupted look. I want more Pokemon like that even if they're common Pokemon like Luxray and Staraptor.

You know something else I would love,you can have two save files and you're able to choose between two characters(one who is the hero,the other the villain).

I hope that at least 2 of these things happen :D

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Alright, lets start a new topic.

What would you like to see in the next 3d Colosseum/XD like RPG? (Plot and pokemon-wise)

I'm just going to post a little spiel and then it's your guys' turn.

~`~`~`~`~`~

It's a bright morning in Phenac City. The bright orange sun is rising over the horizon. At the Relgam Tower, a janitorial crew is cleaning the stadium in preparation of the day's battle between the mini-gym leader, Justy, and Vander of Mt. Battle. All of a sudden, dark clouds gather in the skys over Orre. Lightening pierces through the clouds and suddenly a large gust of wind, followed by a torrential downpour, signal the arrival of XD002, a shadow Palkia, XD003, a shadow Dialga, and an XD004, shadow Rayquaza. Palkia stands atop Mt. Battle and lets out a deafening roar. Black hovercrafts surround Mt. Battle as Aldos (Sp?) Eldes, Greevil, Nascour, Evice, and admins of cipher descend ontop of Rayquaza. Dialga stands atop Relgam Tower and the area around him begins to distort and those who step within his range go from middle aged janitors to infants. Lovrina and Ein descend in hovercrafts wearing special gear to prevent their transformation and step onto the arena smirking. Suddenly a tornado appears in the distance and heads towards Phenac.

Your character is in his house in Phenac and awakes from a dream, the previous scene. He runs to his window and sees that everything is fine. Next, he arrives in Pyrite at the fortune tellers to find out that the dream he had was a fortune the teller told the previous day. You are given the plot, you are the only one who can save the world and save the pokemon by opening the hearts of shadow pokemon.
You arrive back at Phenac. As you enter town, you stumble upon an injured Skitty/Machop/Pikachu (chosen by you) who you take home and nurse. You eventually capture the pokemon and then embark on your journey. The 2pokemon you don't choose can be captured as shadow pokemon later on.

Shadow Pokemon

Buizel
Cherubi
Shinx
Magby
Elekid
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Bulbasaur
Skitty/Machop/Pikachu
Squirtle
Cyndaquil
Charmander
Chikorita
Totodile
Torchic
Treeko
Mudkip
Pachirisu
Ditto
Roselia
Pidgeotto
Nidorina
Skitty/Machop/Pikachu
Nidorino
Gloom
Latios (Boss Battle with Ein)
Venomoth
Seviper
Staravia
Bibarel
Kricketune
Gyrados
Latias (Boss Battle with Lovrina)
Graveler
Cranidos/Sheildon
Wormadam
Mothim
Cranidos/Sheildon
Silcoon
Cascoon
Vespiquen
Gastrodon (Blue)
Aipom
Gastrodon (Red)
Regice ( Boss Battle with Mirror B)
Regirock (Boss Battle with Eldes)
Registeel (Boss Battle with Ardos)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll edit with more later.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
That's not a bad plot but the only thing that's wrong with it would be at the end of XD Greevil,Ardos and Eldes decided to stop with the whole shadow pokemon thing but the rest of it is good. And since Shadow Pokemon wind up with special moves when purified(as of XD) would the starter ethier A)Already have said move on them B) Be a shadow pokemon at a reasonable level until the time for purification comes and then get the move or C) something else that you can make up.

samuelrz

Lucario fan
Do you think there could be an adventure (I mean collecting badges, catching wild Pokémon...) in a 3D game someday (GC or WII)

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Personally, a full RPG adventure, like Diamond/Pearl/RSE, etc, mixed with a Shadow Pokemon plot (with Miror B somewhere), would be INSTANT WIN. What could be a problem though is the sheer size the game would take... nevertheless I think it could, can and (hopefully) possibly be made.
IF made, it would go on the Wii.

DeanoDance

I had sort-of an idea like that, but my idea would take up a HUGE amount of space.

It's like a 3D RPG, like the handhelds, but with all the regions rolled into one, a little like the Anime. You completely customise your character, and they begin in Pallet Town. From there, it's like the handheld video games, until it is time to move on to the next region, at which point, all your Pokémon are stored with Oak.

As for the Battling side of things, as you progress through the RPGs, you unlock more rental Pokémon, and characters from the games whose Pokémon have set levels and stats, for example Generation I Sabrina, and further on, Gen II Sabrina. As more stadiums are completed, you unlock Anime characters.

It's kinda an idea that hit me, but it's not very detailed as of yet.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
It's like a 3D RPG, like the handhelds, but with all the regions rolled into one, a little like the Anime. You completely customise your character, and they begin in Pallet Town.

Did you know character customisation in 3d is hard, beyond Painting? Take PBR for example, Cool Girl has lots of Tank tops, and has no Jacket. Why?

As a 3d artist/Poser User, I can explain. Cool Girl model probably has the tank top and trousers already on her. Each design of top is "painted" on. (Why else does Soul Calibur 3 offer all those colour options with most Parts?)

Chances are they will not use "Publicly" available Human Models like Daz 3D's Victoria 4, and they Make their own. Making a model and then making conforming clothes.

If the clothes don't conform you can get "Poke though." For example, take the Cool Girl. Let's say her tank top isn't done correctly, whenever she wave her arms, her boobs pop out. Turns a child's game in to a instant ESRB AO.

This example unlikely to happen as Most games will have added on the non-moving under clothes to the base model. (This trick also is used in the Poser community.) "Poke though" happens alot around the Torso due to connection of the joints. Example of Poke though: http://bignutter.deviantart.com/art/New-Jodi-Test-60376357

Conforming clothes also add the problem of that the Processor has to draw each extra item of clothing. (Personal Experience of using Poser-like software.)

The alternative is creating models for each outfit, or at least parts of the model, which eats more Disk space.

Disk space is quite likely a premium with RPGs, espessally with Pokémon, You've got over 500 models to start with, and that's just the Pokémon. Add the fact you're adding over 40 trainers(from RBY alone), and Several NPCs.. Then there's the Landscape in a higher defintion than any of the games.

It may just be impossible for all that with the current Disk size. Even guessing that all the Pokémon take approximately 1.5gig's you're still asking for a lot. If not in Disk and Processor power, but in Man hours to build it.

Chances it took over a day to lengthen Rui's Skirt and top.. most of was probably to make sure her skirt wasn't "Digging in" to her legs. (Rui, is the Girl that follows you around in Colosseum, who has a shorter top and skirt in the Japanese Version)

Just in case you ask how do I know this: http://bignutter.deviantart.com/

NaruRyan

I HAZ RETURNED
There are many secrets that weren't told in Pokemon XD, and I want those to be revealed in the sequel if it ever comes out.

What do you think the starter would be? I think it would be piplup, chimchar, or turtwig or a pokemon from a fighting/dark/psychic trio.

I want to see a shadow manaphy, shadow regigigas, and shadow shaymin. I also want the return of wild pokemon.

Kazuki Mirai

Pokemon 3-D games is going downhill. =/

First off, ever notice that they seem to reuse the 3-D models from older games? Now that's what I call lazy.

I agree that there is much left off from XD, Ardos is on the run too. I'd say, the storyline has so much depth and it was the first game to have a matured hero (Wes). I did enjoyed the storyline and it was unique in its own standards, still grasping the concepts of the Pokemon world.

And.. Battle Revolution was obviously rushed, it's truly a disappointment.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
First off, ever notice that they seem to reuse the 3-D models from older games? Now that's what I call lazy.

As a 3d modeller, and felt like Proving/disproving the above; I actually got out my N64 with Expansion Pack and Pokémon Stadium 2.

I found that you're WRONG and also RIGHT!

The Models for Pokémon Stadium 2 are lesser quality than of their XD counter parts. The difference is not that noticeable that you are aware of, unless you know what you're looking for, you've got to work in 3d to work on it.

I took Espeon (the rental is a girl) out for a spin as I used "him" for Col and XD. She moves the same way as he does. They would have to create new animation for completely new models.

The Col and XD models have been tweaked to reduce the hard edges. These models are more complex than the N64 models, most have extra polygons to smooth out some hard edges. As I've not checked all 251 Pokémon, but apparently Porygon wasn't touched. (Note: I don't have Cerebi for 3rd Gen, got a Aura Mew, and I've not managed to get enough Unown to spell a word yet)

Pikachu was put on a diet during the start of the 3rd Gen, at least sprite wise, and in the Col Title FMV, it's chubby as was in 1st Gen Pokémon games.

In Summary, XD's Pokémon Models are just modified N64 Pokémon Models.

And.. Battle Revolution was obviously rushed, it's truly a disappointment.

The Makers Also "said" it, too. They said:
Yoshiaki Iwasawa
There were a few things we wanted to develop, but could not because of time. We wanted to include puzzle games or sub-battles within the tutorial. The current tutorial is explained only by text, and you receive a special gift after completing it. Our game planner wanted to include stories for each of the Colosseum leaders like how the Master of Pokétopia has his own story.
http://www.pokemon-games.com/portal/gamenews_detail5.jsp

Considering that they didn't know what the Wii could do when finalising the DS to Wii software.

In the interview above, they said that PBR was made in 10 Months, That is actually useful info to someone who knows the type of works that goes on. Personally, I'm surprised on how much has been done in 10 months. A game often spends over a year in development, quite often nearer two.