• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Game Speculation - READ THE 1ST POST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Grey Village?

モーモー

クリームはお金を得る
Good question. Hopefully a better Mountain than the ones they have now. A tunnel would be pretty neat, too.

KuroiMawile

I was thinking about the Entralink, and what ever they come up with would have to be compatible with Black City/ White Forest, so Pokemon 5-3 can't just have one. What I thought about, though, was on a 'third' power:
There are currently two 'levels' in the entralink, each for interacting with Black and White. The high one power is the color of the tree changes (or a spiral-branch of that color grows bigger). For a third power, the ruins of the entralink could be fixed back into a palace (the music tracks for the entralink are called Palace 1 and 2, even).
This would mean interacting with Pokemon 5-3 and White or Black would be like normal with Pokemon 5-3 acting as the opposite version (visit from White, 3rd game acts as Black), there wouldn't even have to be changes in graphics, like how areas in Black and White seen through the other game look a certain way. If two Pokemon 5-3 interact they affect that third power.

Something that also means is that they could keep Black City's location and move White forest else where. Visit from Black and in black city's space, white forest is there (since Pokemon 5-3 acts as the opposite version).

Previously I suggested they keep Black City, and move White Forest. That way you don't screw up the Entralink.

Pokemon Scarlet... nah.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Previously I suggested they keep Black City, and move White Forest. That way you don't screw up the Entralink.

Pokemon Scarlet... nah.

I wouldn't count out the name scarlet/crimson entirely. Taoism has its roots in China, and red is supposed to have a good amount of significance in the culture. Out of the most likely names, I would say: gray, opal or scarlet/crimson. I say Opal is a likely choice because of its ability to show varying colors against certain light or dark backgrounds. And since one of the themes of Black and White is contrasting values and different opinions, Opal could be significant to many values coming together. And of course gray is obvious for obvious reasons.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Well, here's what I think they might be ending up doing:

Come out with RedRuby and BlueSapphire, just like they did with the 3rd gen remakes of the 1st gen games.

I doubt they'll remake Emerald, because they never remade Crystal Version.

I am dead sure that there will be all the 5th gen features and stuff, along with a few minor changes on what legendary pokes can be found and whatnot.

Personally, I would love to see them expand the games like they did when they first came out with Gold and Silver, when they added the Kanto region as well as the Johto one to the game.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
This isn't a thread for R/S/E remakes. It for the third game in the B/W series.

What if they have an awesome Lugia event ? When Alder is defeated,there is a disturbance around Undella Bay,then when you go,a huge whirlpool suck you in and a new area,Sea Ruins,is able to be navigated.At the end,a level 75 Lugia attacks ! Once caught/defeated the sea returns to normal.I WOULD PROVIDE WHY/HOW THIS HAPPENED IN ANOTHER POST !!

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Well, the pair of games that came right before B/W was Heartgold and Soulsilver, the Johto games, so I doubt they'll provide an ingame appearance for Lugia. In fact I don't think there will be any occurrence of past legends in B/W. Maybe some of the Sinnoh legends in potential R/S remakes, but that would be just to patch up the missing links in the pokedex. Platinum did have the legendary birds, but that was the extent of the legends that were programmed ingame. So I don't believe Lugia making an appearance is likely.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I suddenly have a newfound respect for lazy GameFreak employees who put Professor Oak in a house and have him make the legendary birds of Kanto roam Sinnoh.

KuroiMawile

Well, the pair of games that came right before B/W was Heartgold and Soulsilver, the Johto games, so I doubt they'll provide an ingame appearance for Lugia. In fact I don't think there will be any occurrence of past legends in B/W. Maybe some of the Sinnoh legends in potential R/S remakes, but that would be just to patch up the missing links in the pokedex. Platinum did have the legendary birds, but that was the extent of the legends that were programmed ingame. So I don't believe Lugia making an appearance is likely.

I would hope the pixie trio appear in Pokemon 5-3 and not the remakes (that way the Sinnoh-Dragon trio could be in Hoenn's remake, a la Hoenn in Johto). There is only one way to get them, unlike a good most every other non-event legendary. Platinum also had the regis, though with an event blocking them. Mascot-wise, no other mascot from a different generation has been in a 3rd game, and so Lugia and Ho-oh I also doubt.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Well, that is a good point, I wouldn't like having every legend from Sinnoh being crammed into the Hoenn region just to fill dex space. That would seem a bit unnatural. So spreading them out among the third game and remakes seems more likely. Or they could just distribute them via event if they so wish. I see that possibility as being likely as well. And concerning Reshiram and Zekrom, they probably will be in Dragonspiral Tower, just because I can't think of any other likely place they would be. So, I'm not too concerned about how that's going to be materialized.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I don't think you understood what I said earlier, the previous region that made an appearance before Unova was Johto. In Johto you can catch the legendary beasts naturally. On top of that, they even gave us an event where you get special legendary beasts. Currently we are drowning in legendary beasts. If they put some trio in there, it will be one they haven't done in a while. Also, I don't think there has been an instance of a pokemon receiving an improved capture rate between a set of games.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Explanation time for my Lugia event.Professor Juniper : ''Lugia suddenly appeared at Sea Ruins,why was it there ? ''.Ya know,something like Oak said for the birds in Platinum.

The less there is to explain, the easier it is to accept a lack of explanation.

Explanation for Reshiram and Zekrom's disturbance at Dragonspiral.They recongized you as a hero and they created a disturbance to draw you in or something.

That I could maybe see occurring, though there wouldn't be two separate towers. More like what they did with Platinum at Spear Pillar with Dialga/Palkia.

Well, that is a good point, I wouldn't like having every legend from Sinnoh being crammed in the Hoenn region just to fill dex space. That would seem a bit unnatural. So spreading them out among the third game and remakes seems more likely. Or they could just distribute them via event if they so wish. I see that possibility as being likely as well. And concerning Reshiram and Zekrom, they probably will be in Dragonspiral Tower, just because I can't think of any other likely place they would be. So, I'm not too concerned about how that's going to be materialized.

Not to mention the fact that we still need Kanto birds, Mewtwo, Johto beasts, and the Tower duo. ON TOP OF every single Hoenn and Sinnoh legendary. Heck, they very well may make a new Kanto game. FlamingFireRed and LeafyLeafGreen or something stupid like that.

I'd not be surprised if we do end up getting some of those Pokemon above via events. Technically, the Regi trio are 4th Gen events. Probably we'll also get some legends through Ranger games 4-7 (because God knows they milk the dumbest spin-offs the most).

They could also put Zekrom and Reshiram in Giant Chasm or N's Castle (if they make it accessable post-game), though Dragonspiral is most likely.

After defeating Alder and catching Reshiram and Zekrom,Suicune,Raikou and Entei begin roaming Unova with an improved 30 catch rate.

Clearly we need the beasts to be really, really easy. But the region's native roamers can still be at 3 and switch roaming positions every day.

I don't think you understood what I said earlier, the previous region that made an appearance before Unova was Johto. In Johto you can catch the legendary beasts naturally. On top of that, they even gave us an event where you get special legendary beasts. Currently we are drowning in legendary beasts. If they put some trio in there, it will be one they haven't done in a while. Also, I don't think there has been an instance of a pokemon receiving an improved capture rate between a set of games.

We're still going to get the Johto beasts again before the generation is out. They just won't come so soon after HGSS and the shiny beasts that were distributed both over WiFi and at Gamestop.

And, no, they have never changed any defining values for any Pokemon at any time. Gen 1 to Gen 2 special split is arguable, since it was a neccesity, given the new mechanics.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
After beating Alder and Cynthia plus capturing Reshiram and Zekrom,Dialga and Palkia cause a disturbance in Dragonspiral Tower.Level 75 each.

Then, after catching them, Groudon and Kyogre rise up in Dragonspiral Tower, catchable at Lv. 75 each.

Then, after catching them, Ho-oh and Lugia alight at Dragonspiral Tower, catchable at Lv. 75 each.

Then, after catching them, Latias and Latios alight at Dragonspiral Tower, catchable at Lv. 75 each.

Could we PLEASE stick to one legendary per location?

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
The less there is to explain, the easier it is to accept a lack of explanation.

That I could maybe see occurring, though there wouldn't be two separate towers. More like what they did with Platinum at Spear Pillar with Dialga/Palkia.

Not to mention the fact that we still need Kanto birds, Mewtwo, Johto beasts, and the Tower duo. ON TOP OF every single Hoenn and Sinnoh legendary. Heck, they very well may make a new Kanto game. FlamingFireRed and LeafyLeafGreen or something stupid like that.

I'd not be surprised if we do end up getting some of those Pokemon above via events. Technically, the Regi trio are 4th Gen events. Probably we'll also get some legends through Ranger games 4-7 (because God knows they milk the dumbest spin-offs the most).

They could also put Zekrom and Reshiram in Giant Chasm or N's Castle (if they make it accessable post-game), though Dragonspiral is most likely.

I did not even consider the legends of Johto and Kanto. I guess that was because HGSS came right before B/W. But you're right. Last generation they made sure you had a chance to get legendary at least once. I imagine they will try to do the same thing in this generation as well. I don't think it will be too hard to incorporate that. As they could easily fit five of those pokemon in pokemon ranger game if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.