• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Game Speculation - READ THE 1ST POST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Remember the Emerald Battle Frontier? Yeah. That.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Possibly a forest/cave/cliffside would be a nice addition for a future battle frontier. I am a fan of small aesthetic details and sidequests even if they have little point. Although I do feel that the Subway is still going to be important in the game. I do hope GF does something creative with the battle frontier this time (assuming they do it) Not that fourth generation battle frontier was bad, but I did feel a sort of lacking there.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Possibly a forest/cave/cliffside would be a nice addition for a future battle frontier. I am a fan of small aesthetic details and sidequests even if they have little point. Although I do feel that the Subway is still going to be important in the game. I do hope GF does something creative with the battle frontier this time (assuming they do it) Not that fourth generation battle frontier was bad, but I did feel a sort of lacking there.

I feel you there on the little things part. I love derpy little sidequests, gives me more to do. But speaking of the subway, did you ever notice how the train map goes to places that you can't normally ever get to? (I know you don't get to get out of the train, but just look at the map, there's obviously somewhere to go in the bottom left of Unova)

Geekachu

I feel you there on the little things part. I love derpy little sidequests, gives me more to do. But speaking of the subway, did you ever notice how the train map goes to places that you can't normally ever get to? (I know you don't get to get out of the train, but just look at the map, there's obviously somewhere to go in the bottom left of Unova)

Yeah, it's very strange when you look at it, it means that there are just random stations in the middle of nowhere. And I think that the South-West area of Unova would be a good place for them to put something new in the 3rd version.

Yeah, it's very strange when you look at it, it means that there are just random stations in the middle of nowhere. And I think that the South-West area of Unova would be a good place for them to put something new in the 3rd version.

Perhaps that area will be where an Emerald-sized Battle Frontier will be? I'm hopeful. I really am.

Geekachu

You don't have to be hopeful, I'd say that a Battle Frontier is pretty indefinite. Personally, I think a New Battle Frontier could be in Nimbasa City, as you say in the South-West area or if they make a Unova parallel of the Sevii Islands, there. My biggest wish for the 3rd Game is that they make those Unova versions of the Sevii Islands.

My second that they replace Alder.

EggieWhite545

Owner of N
In my mind Gray will be a sequel of Black/White. The reason I say that is because the last thing relevant to the story said in the game is something along the lines of "A boy with green hair was spotted flying on a Black/White Dragon. I have to go. If I see you again we will talk more". It's begging for a sequel.
We all know there won't be another pokemon game for the DS, so I think that Gamefreak will just make G VI for the 3DS with Grey to kick it off.
What I hope for is that you start out as the character from Black/White with some good lvl 60-70 pokemon (Zekrom/Reshiram being one of them). After the tutorial as the character from Black/White and the possible start of another war you switch to a newbie trainer.
What I want in Gray
-Shadow Pokemon (Like the gamecube games)
-Multiple Regons accessed by Boat, Train or Plane (like being able to visit Orre, Hoen and Sinoh or something)
-History based storyline (Getting to know more about Pokearth and the legendary lore)
-Mentions of past 'Heroes'

I mean, new places to go would be nice. But I, like many LOVED the Emerald Battle Frontier. There was just so much to it. If they add it to Nimbasa City, I'd be only a little disappointed. But that's just because of space issues. The 4th gen BF was just too cramped. It had fun facilities, but it really was just cramped.

I don't know if this is off topic, but if they remake R/S do you think they'll bring back secret bases? They could make Secret Power a move tutor move and just make the bases compatable with the Ruby/Sapphire remake. I'd like that, I loved getting new stuff for my room and rebattling my friends every day.

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
In my mind Gray will be a sequel of Black/White. The reason I say that is because the last thing relevant to the story said in the game is something along the lines of "A boy with green hair was spotted flying on a Black/White Dragon. I have to go. If I see you again we will talk more". It's begging for a sequel.
We all know there won't be another pokemon game for the DS, so I think that Gamefreak will just make G VI for the 3DS with Grey to kick it off.
What I hope for is that you start out as the character from Black/White with some good lvl 60-70 pokemon (Zekrom/Reshiram being one of them). After the tutorial as the character from Black/White and the possible start of another war you switch to a newbie trainer.
What I want in Gray
-Multiple Regons accessed by Boat, Train or Plane (like being able to visit Orre, Hoen and Sinoh or something)
-History based storyline (Getting to know more about Pokearth and the legendary lore)

Wait- how do we all know that there won't be another pokemon game for the DS? I didn't know, so I guess not everybody knows this revolutionary nugget of information, bro. And, while GameFreak improves gameplay and adds a few things with each generation, let's face it: They wouldn't be THAT radical. While I myself have to factual information to debunk any of your theories, the only thing you said that I think even has a chance of happening would be mentions of past 'Heroes'. On the other hand, if for some reason any of this actually happens, you'll be a very happy person. Have a nice day.

I don't know if this is off topic, but if they remake R/S do you think they'll bring back secret bases? They could make Secret Power a move tutor move and just make the bases compatable with the Ruby/Sapphire remake. I'd like that, I loved getting new stuff for my room and rebattling my friends every day.
That would be sick. I loved Secret Bases, and was so bummed when they removed them from the game. I just hope that if they do it, they don't make them like the DP ones. I hated those ones.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color

No it isn't. It's begging for an N cameo in another region.

EggieWhite545 said:

Actually, if you've been paying any attention to this thread in the least, you'd know that most of us agree that Grey will be available for the DS.

And they would never put a 3rd version for a game as the first game for the next Generation. Don't be ridiculous.

EggieWhite545 said:
What I hope for is that you start out as the character from Black/White with some good lvl 60-70 Pokemon (Zekrom/Reshiram being one of them). After the tutorial as the character from Black/White and the possible start of another war you switch to a newbie trainer.

"Another war?" What war happened in the first place?

This would be sort of neat, I guess.

EggieWhite545 said:
What I want in Gray

Aaaaaannd the credibility flies down a toilet.

They aren't going to put in a random Pokemon mechanic that has only ever been featured in an unrelated spinoff (which wasn't even created by GameFreak and thus isn't canon) into a main series game. Period. We will never see a Pokemon Ranger that uses a capture Styler, we will never see talking Pokemon that were once humans, we will never see Shadow Pokemon, or anything else from the spinoffs, because they weren't created by GameFreak and aren't within the canon of the main games.

Nobody seems to understand this.

EggieWhite545 said:

Yet another idea that is tossed around for years, and nobody ever sees this as the horrible idea that it is. First off, as I said above, Orre won't be featured because Orre doesn't exist in the main games. Hoenn and Sinnoh will only be featured by themselves, in their own remakes, unless GameFreak pulls an idea similar to Gold and Silver and makes either Hoenn or Sinnoh (not both) a post-game location.

EggieWhite545 said:

"Pokearth" is an invention of Serebii.net, nothing more. If you mean the world that the games are set in, I suppose I'd like that.

EggieWhite545 said:

This has already happened (Red appears in GSCHGSS, Cynthia in BW talks about Lucas/Dawn from Platinum), but I'd like to see more of it. Cynthia (in BW) mentions a "gathering of Champions" that happens every few years, where all of the Champions come together and compete. Logically, each of the Player Characters would be Champions, so that's where they could be mentioned or seen.

Grey Wind

No, that suggests an appearance in another game

Oh don't be ridiculous. Why would the third game be in a different Gnereation? And how do you know that Grey will be on the 3DS?

Erm, war?

What I want in Gray
They won't bring Shadow Pokemon back. As Grei said, they weren't invented by Game Freak.

The amount of times this has been brought up is astounding. They wil never do this.

Geekachu

This is actually really awesome, it would be really original for a Pokemon game, and a really nice, strong beginning that begs questions for the rest of the game. They could do this as you being one of the two original heroes and you can witness some backstory, as well as witnessing the original dragon splitting into Reshiram and Zekrom, as well as the birth of Kyurem too. I like this.

Actually, if you've been paying any attention to this thread in the least, you'd know that most of us agree that Grey will be available for the DS.

Admittedly, I'm in the same boat as you in wanting the third version to be on the DS (mainly because I'm poorer than a.... guy with no money? Yeah I couldn't think of a good similie, but I digress) however numerous discussions on these forums have convinced me that the third version has an extremely strong likeability of being on the 3DS, unfortunately for moniless people like me

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
Dude, I feel your pain. There is no way in heck that I'd be able to afford a 3DS. However, I know numerous people who feel the same way as myself, so until they lower the 3DS's price, there are still going to be DS games.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I mean, new places to go would be nice. But I, like many LOVED the Emerald Battle Frontier. There was just so much to it. If they add it to Nimbasa City, I'd be only a little disappointed. But that's just because of space issues. The 4th gen BF was just too cramped. It had fun facilities, but it really was just cramped.

Which is why they will most likely put the Battle Frontier in the giant empty space near Anville, the giant empty space above Opelucid, that giant empty space near Giant Chasm, or that giant empty space in southwest Unova.

Seeing as though they have ALL THAT and only did one area for a BF, I just don't see it being stuck in an already full city.

Grey Wind

I have this lovely thing called mom that will buy my 3DS for me :D

But I think the best thing would to put it on the DS, but have it 3DS enhanced.

Mangoes

Grand Empress

I would not like it if they did this because the level of wild pokemon would have to scale up to 60-100 and that would make it harder to train a pokemon from scratch, but I would like it if they had a sequel where you're a different protagonist but the story in Black and White already happened and there's a new plot and you could still battle Hilda as champion similar to battling Red in Gold and Silver.

Geekachu

I would not like it if they did this because the level of wild pokemon would have to scale up to 60-100 and that would make it harder to train a pokemon from scratch, but I would like it if they had a sequel where you're a different protagonist but the story in Black and White already happened and there's a new plot and you could still battle Hilda as champion similar to battling Red in Gold and Silver.

I think the original idea is that the 60-70 thing is a small prologue, which then switches to you, the innocent trainer, recieving their level 5 Pokemon on a new journey

I have this lovely thing called mom that will buy my 3DS for me :D

WAAAAAAAH T.T gimme your mom

I'll see if I can trade in my soul for a 3DS. If not, I have a fine and dandy picture of Top Cat that I drew.

Status
Not open for further replies.