• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

ultimate_charmander

bloody weather
thats some team so i have
1) Lotad, that must solo Roxanne to evolve, and must evolve as soon as you find a water stone
2)Shroomish called Musher. It must keep any one of the three powders (Poison, Stun, Sleep) forever. It must solo Wattson's steel types to evolve. It must always keep a Grass type and Fighting type move
3) Torchic aka Pollito . It must solo Brawly using Peck to evolve into Combusken, and defeat 15 Sharpedos fished in Mossdeep City to evolve into Blaziken.
4) Slugma.It must survive a Magnitude from Flannery's Numel before evolving.It must always have Harden.
5) Aron. It can evolve freely into Lairon, but must survive a STAB Earthquake from a Pokemon of a higher level before evolving into Aggron. It must also have Rock Head and know one recoil move at all times.
6 )Skarmory. It must use Steel Wing to raise it's defense 6 times before it can learn Fly. At least 2 of those times have to be in the same battle.
some really creative restrictions here to go with a creative challenge nice ill let you all know how i get on.

just a quick update ill do this in list form to save time

started and got my torchic and gave it the requested nickname Pollito
proceeded to beat may
after receiving my pokedex and pokeballs i went along route 102 where i spent 5 minutes searching for my lotad as no nickname was requested i named him Virtue
spent some time getting both Pollito and Virtue up to level 10
then entered Petalburg City and went to see Norman got interrupted by Wally after catching his ralts i set off
upon arriving in petalburg woods i proceeded to look for Musher the Shroomish after catching him i went back to battle the trainers i skipped to catch him up to his team mates
i then thrashed the team aqua grunt and went along to rustboro city
upon arriving i decided for virtue's evolution restriction to deposit Pollito and Musher and grind
after getting to what i considered a decent level i challenged roxanne with only Virtue with me and narrowly beat her as nospass took a beating
after the battle Virtue was gonna evolve but i decided to wait until after Pollito can evolve
went outside to witness a mugging and after picking up the rest of my team decided to help to find the same grunt from earlier and beat just as easily
after returning i was asked to deliver them as well as a letter and after leaving the building had the match call tutorial as i went to leave rustboro i noticed May who i then battle and defeated
i went to see Mr Briney to seek passage to Dewford he was only to happy to help

and thats as far as ive got so far and my team looks alittle something like this

;270; Virtue lv 17
astonish
growl
absorb
nature power

;255; Pollito lv 16
ember
scratch
focus energy
peck

;285; Musher lv 14
absorb
tackle
stun spore
leech seed

Last edited:

Ryker

Im back :D

Ryker

Im back :D
Damn double post :mad:

Errr really small update, used an RNG to get my current pokemon which is... *Drumroll

Tangerine the modest ;252; Treecko!

Yay! <~~~ Sarcasm.

Tangerine ;252; lvl 7
Modest
Overgrow (or whatever it is :/)
Moves:
Pound
Leer
Absorb

Just beat may. On way to Rustboro.

Loco0990

< Looking for:
I would definitely like a Sapphire team chosen for me! The only restriction i'll probably have to put on it is that i can't stand using semi-evolved poke's, i need them to be fully evolved by E4 time :p but put any restrictions on *when* they can evolve as you please :)

Last edited:

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
@Loco. What game?

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
@loco: Take a Sableye, male, and name it Loki. It must defeat Flannery using only Night Shade.

Kalosian

So long
Loco0990, take a Whismur, name it Lock. It must evolve into Loudred at the top of Mt. Chimney, and it must defeat one Machamp or four Machoke before evolving into Exploud.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Loco Take a Spoink named Bouncy.It must solo Tate and Liza before evolving.It must learn and keep Shadow Ball and Bounce.

Loco0990

< Looking for:
Team so far:

Loki the Sableye, (M)
- Night Shade
-
-
-

Lock the Whismur, (?)
-
-
-
-

Bouncy the Spoink, (?)
- Shadow Ball
- Bounce
-
-

Looking good, who's for a starter?

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
Palm the male Sceptile that needs to beat one of Flannery's Slugmas to evolve.

Moves needed:

Focus Punch
and
Substitute

Swoobat

Loco, take a Wingull, named Aquave. This way you have a Flier and a Surfer at the same time. It must beat 4 Electric-type Pokémon before evolving. It can never forget Supersonic.

Aegon

Loco0990, catch a Snorunt named Viktor. It must use Protect successfully three times in a row in three seperate battles before evolving. It must also use Hail in all of its battles against Team Aqua members.

Silent Murderer

Shadow Trainer
Alrighty I'll give this a go.I'm going to go with only pokemon that resemble the human figure. Any other restrictions are up to you guys. Don't care how hard they are and be creative :)

Silent Murderer

Shadow Trainer
Also,forgot to say this will be for Ruby version

deh74

Seine Majestät
I'm gonna go ahead and be the guy to say machoke, you may not evolve it.

Kalosian

So long
Silent Murderer, take a Meditite. It can only evolve after defeating a Hariyama by only using Hidden Power. It must also know Mind Reader and Recover. Nickname it Psychelock.

Silent Murderer

Shadow Trainer
Thanks deh74 and Winter02, nice additions to the team :). So we have:
-machoke(possible nickname)
-Meditite(Psychelock),evolution only after defeating a Hariyama by only using Hidden Power,must know Mind Reader and Recover.
-
-
-
-

SilverMorty

Silent Murderer are you taking about humanshape egg group or just a human-like form even if they're not in the egg group (body style?)

Either way, I'll give you a Cacturne since it is in both categories. Evolve it from Cacnea after it flinches 3 Fire pokemon (used by trainers) with Needle Arm. Name it Scarecrow.