• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Since you want Water, black and white scramble, start with Mudkip. Must always know a Water and a Ground move once it has access to them. For evolution (if you want restrictions), must beat Brawly in Dewford Gym to evolve the first time and must have fought 3 Keckleon to evolve the second.

SilverMorty

Black and white scramble take a Doduo that evolves after it defeats one of each TriAthlete (a runner, a cycler and a swimmer TriAthlete)

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Black and White: Take a Breloom. No restrictions.

I need 3 more pokémons + GOOD moveset for Xatu in the Battle Frontier

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Pokemon Trainer Xande, take a Bagon. This Bagon is adamant about wanting to Fly, so get it with an Adamant nature. To evolve into Shellgon, it must solo Bird Keeper Robert on route 120 10 times. To become confident enough to evolve into Salamence, it must defeat 2 of the 3 Regis of your choice (or be the sole Pokemon used to capture one of the three, since catching is a bit harder than straight out defeating them).

In the battle tower it should have:
Earthquake (TM 26)
Dragon Claw (level 79 or TM 02) or Double Edge (level 93)
Ariel Ace (TM 40) (or a Flying Hidden Power if it has it and you want it)
and Flamethrower (TM 35).

EDIT: for EVs, 252 Speed and Attack, 4 HP, I guess.

Last edited:

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
*Starmie @ Leftovers / Petaya Berry
Trait: Natural cure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp.att / 252 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic / Recover;
*Rhydon@Choice Band
Trait: Any
Evs: 252HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Brick Break/Focus Punch
- Megahorn
Must solo a Triathlete/Swimmer 's team in Drizzle 's summoned rain.
*Xatu: Needs moveset.
*Salamence@What I want
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Trait: Intimidate
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Aerial Ace/Flying Hidden Power
- Flamethrower
Solo Bird Keeper Robert 10 times before evolving in Shelgon; Must defeat/Be the only one to battle in the capture of at least 2 Regis.

2 more!

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Just felt that I have to point out that I do not think Salamence should have Dragon Claw as it is a special move in third generation, Rock Slide or Brick Break would be better. And I would recommend Fire Blast over Flamethrower, if you are going to use a Fire move at all.

For Xatu, this might be your moveset:

Xatu @ item of your choice
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 34 Sp.att / 224 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Baton Pass / Reflect

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic / Recover;
*Rhydon@Choice Band
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn
Xatu @Item I want
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Baton Pass / Reflect
*Salamence@What I want
EVs: Would like to get from Ememew
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
Solo Bird Keeper Robert 10 times before evolving in Shelgon; Must defeat/Be the only one to battle in the capture of at least 2 Regis.

2 more!

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Just felt that I have to point out that I do not think Salamence should have Dragon Claw as it is a special move in third generation, Rock Slide or Brick Break would be better. And I would recommend Fire Blast over Flamethrower, if you are going to use a Fire move at all.

I suggested Flamethrower because it has better accuracy and I've never had much luck with low accuracy attacks in the Battle Tower. Xande, you're free to switch Flamethrower/Fire Blast around depending on what you find works.

I considered Rock slide, but he's playing Sapphire and said he can't trade. I thought Rock Slide was only available for Salamance as a Move Tutor attack from Fr/Lg/E in Gen 3. If I'm mistaken, throw out Dragon Claw for Rock Slide, as it works of Salamance's Attack rather than Special Attack. You're free to use Brick Break or Double-Edge in place of Dragon Claw if it's available and Rock Slide isn't.

Also, Xande, I edited the EVs into my earlier post.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I suggested Flamethrower because it has better accuracy and I've never had much luck with low accuracy attacks in the Battle Tower. Xande, you're free to switch Flamethrower/Fire Blast around depending on what you find works.

I considered Rock slide, but he's playing Sapphire and said he can't trade. I thought Rock Slide was only available for Salamance as a Move Tutor attack from Fr/Lg/E in Gen 3. If I'm mistaken, throw out Dragon Claw for Rock Slide, as it works of Salamance's Attack rather than Special Attack. You're free to use Brick Break or Double-Edge in place of Dragon Claw if it's available and Rock Slide isn't.

Also, Xande, I edited the EVs into my earlier post.

No. I don 't like to have a Dragon/Flying that doesn 't have any Dragon-Type move.

Two more Pokémons. Give the movesets for the Battle Frontier too.

- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic / Recover;
*Rhydon@Choice Band
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn
Xatu @Item I want
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Baton Pass / Reflect
*Salamence@What I want
EVs: Would like to get from Ememew
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
2 more!

frewy

Leaf Green Team?
GO!
-Vulpix (Must know Sunny Day, Evolve after defeating Slowbro)
-Squirtle (Solo Brock-Wartortle, Solo Blaine-Blastoise)
-Exeggecute (must defeat one of Koga's pokemon to evolve. Name it Scrambled.)
-Nidorina (Evolve after Mt Moon Name it Whiskers)
-Machop (To evolve into Machoke, it must have 2 or more move tutor moves.)
-
TRY MAKE IT BALANCED :O
thanks

Last edited:

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Frewy, you get a machop! To evolve into Machoke, it must have 2 or more move tutor moves.

Frewy for your last Pokemon take a Dodrio as your flying type. No restrictions because I gotta go and I don't have time to think of any :)

TickingClock

Gabiting the dust
As restrictions for Doduo,he wants to race with other pokemon so to evolve he must beath some Rapidash/Ponyta/Doduo or Dodrio 10 of choice