• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I trained my Pokemon for a good while inside Fiery Path, and after healing once more at the rest house, I headed onwards towards Fallarbor Town since I needed to get there before I was able to go to Lavaridge Town. I entered that one route with all the volcanic ash, and I trained against the wild Pokemon as I was walking along. I battled some trainers there as well, and after picking up some items, I entered the house where they made glass items. I was given the Soot Sack, and I went off to collect ash. I battled some of the last trainers on that route, and then I arrived in Fallarbor Town. I healed at the Pokemon Center, and then I went to the local Poke Mart to stock up on supplies for the next part of my journey.

Current team:

;253; - Grovyle level 29
;271; - Lombre level 27
;286; - Breloom level 26
;315; - Roselia level 24

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
^^ Yay love this Walkthrough keep it up :) I'd love a PM of your walkthrough if you want, You don't have to though.

Was also thinking of doing a Mono walkthrough on Fire Red, Maybe fire. Anyone got any suggestions?

7 tyranitars

^^ Yay love this Walkthrough keep it up :) I'd love a PM of your walkthrough if you want, You don't have to though.

Was also thinking of doing a Mono walkthrough on Fire Red, Maybe fire. Anyone got any suggestions?

Fire is a very hard mono to start with, especialy on fire red, if you can't trade you can only get 4 fire pokemons without trading. I would suggest starting with Poison, Grass, Flying, Normal or in a stretch water. But it is entirely up to you. :)

7 tyranitars

what? u think fire is hard? fire is easier than normal (i know because i did this 2 monotypes)

Hard because you don't have a lot of choice in pokemon.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
True but I like to do a type I like. I do like Charizard, Arcanine and whatever other fire types there are xD Normals are boring, IMO Same with Flying, Poison and Grass. What about Water?

Drummerdude

I defeated my rival aboard the SS Anne surprisingly easily and recieved cut from the Captain. I exited the boat, healed, and headed straight for the gym. I taught Dig to Arbok because I figured it needed a strong move. I beat the gym trainers quickly and began checking garbage cans. (I hate this gym. Seriously.) I eventually got both switches and began my battle with Lt Surge. Arbok took out Voltorb with Dig, Gloom defeated Pikachu with Absorb, and Arbok finished off Raichu with another Dig. Victory was mine! I got my badge, TM, and left the gym.

I headed for Diglett's Cave, got the HM Flash, and went towards Vermillion. I went back to Cerulean and got my bicycle. I then went east towards Rock Tunnel, and defeated every trainer along the way. I healed my team before saving in front of the cave.

Current Team
pkfrlg031.png
pkfrlg024.png
pkfrlg044.png

Quick question: Do you guys think I should use Gengar or Venomoth? They both would be special sweepers to an extent and both would add a type to help against Sabrina. I can capture both before Erika, but I'm not sure which would help me in the long run.

Last edited:

Lorde

I visited the Contest Hall while I was still in Fallarbor Town. After chatting with everyone there, I headed west towards into the next route, and I battled some more trainers along that path as I headed south. I picked some berries around there as well, and then I visited Lanette's house. Once I had talked to her, I moved on towards the tall grass where I trained against the wild Pokemon. I had to heal my Pokemon once more afterwards though, since two of them had been Poisoned by a wild Seviper. Anyway, I returned to the route and I battled the last trainers there. I got inside of Meteor Falls, but I ran into Team Aqua there. They left eventually, but I knew that I had to go to Mt. Chimney in order to stop them, so I doubled back and I saved on Route 111.

Current team:

;253; - Grovyle level 30
;271; - Lombre level 28
;286; - Breloom level 27
;315; - Roselia level 26

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Quick question: Do you guys think I should use Gengar or Venomoth? They both would be special sweepers to an extent and both would add a type to help against Sabrina. I can capture both before Erika, but I'm not sure which would help me in the long run.

I think Gengar would be best at this? Better Sp. Attack and Speed.

Also anyone thought of a type and team for a mono walkthrough on Fire Red yet?

7 tyranitars

I think Gengar would be best at this? Better Sp. Attack and Speed.

Also anyone thought of a type and team for a mono walkthrough on Fire Red yet?

Fire is a very hard mono to start with, especialy on fire red, if you can't trade you can only get 4 fire pokemons without trading. I would suggest starting with Poison, Grass, Flying, Normal or in a stretch water. But it is entirely up to you. :)

This :p 10char

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I've never really done this before! Anyways, I'm gonna do either(on Emerald):
Water
Grass
Ground
Dragon

I'd do grass but I hate Tropius and Lileep.
Dragon takes too long to get.
Ground just sounds lame.
Water is probably good.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Water is quite good on Emerald as it has loads of Seas and loads of water types like Swampert, Wailord, Ludicolo, Pelipper etc.

7 tyranitars

Lorde

I headed through Fiery Path in my haste to get to the other side of the mountain. I finally reached the cable car station on the other side, and I took one of the cars to the top of the mountain. When I got there, I saw tons of Team Aqua and Team Magma grunts who were battling each other. I talked to most of them, then I headed towards the volcano's crater. I battled several Team Aqua grunts there, then I met Archie and we battled as well. He sent out his Mightyena first, and I used my Roselia against it. I was able to beat it after a while, then Archie used his Golbat, which was a lot of trouble. I had to use both Lombre and Grovyle just to beat it. Once that was done, I had to use Breloom against Sharpedo, but I won that battle easily. Team Aqua fled, and I saved before going to Lavaridge.

Current team:

;253; - Grovyle level 30
;271; - Lombre level 28
;286; - Breloom level 28
;315; - Roselia level 27

Drummerdude

I made my way through Rock Tunnel defeating everyone I could. All those rock types really helped Gloom catch up to the rest of the team in terms of levels. Eventually I made my way into Lavender Town and ran to Celadon City.

I headed for the Game Corner where I found a Rocket guarding a poster. I defeated him, found a button, and ended up in a Rocket Hideout. I took care of every Rocket member and grabbed every item before I took on Giovanni. Gloom and Nidoqueen swept him easily and he left me with a Silph Scope. I grabbed it, got the Tea, and ran back to Lavender Town. I entered the Pokemon Tower where I defeated my rival once again. I decided to take a break after that victory. Expect a new team member on the next post.

Current Team
pkfrlg031.png
pkfrlg024.png
pkfrlg044.png

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Eh true. I would do a Fire but there's only 4? (Charizard, Arcanine, Magmar, Moltres?). Water has some good types but I wanna add Arcanine. Then I would do poison to try out Nidoking but don't like any of the others.

So maybe I could do fire? And just have Charizard and Arcanine and get the others when I get that far. What do all you think?