• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

So I recently got to Viridian City on my FireRed Nuzlocke, and I'm still doing well- I've had no deaths, even if I did retire Lucky the Raticate so as to avoid his death. As a reminder, my rules are:

-If a Pokemon faints, it's dead and must be boxed.
-I can choose to either skip a Pokemon on a route before or sacrifice a team member if I want to avoid any Pokemon such as Spearow. This rule can only be used once per gym badge.
-If I find a Pokemon I already have, I can skip it and look for one I don't have.
-In the rare chance that I find a shiny, I am allowed to capture it and use it on my team. In addition, it will be given an immortal status due to its rarity. In the low chance that I find and catch three shinies in one playthrough, they will only be given two chances.
-I can catch legendaries, but they must be boxed in a special box for legendaries. Catching legendaries is the only point in the game I am permitted to SR in the case of a blackout, due to the low catch rates of legendaries. However, if a Pokémon dies by the end of the battle and I catch the legendary, any casualties must be instantly boxed.
-If I don't want to take a chance at attacking or running when a team member is at low HP, I can catch that Pokémon. However, that Pokémon must be boxed among my lost Pokémon and counted as a casualty.

As it has been a while since I last posted, I will start from an easy point. Just a few days back, I got out of Mt Moon with one casualty from my final rule (a Clefairy that would have destroyed my Ratatta, Lucky), and with a few additions to my team: Magnus the Mankey and Retrospect the Zubat. Although I longed to capture my newest Pokémon instantly, I decided to restrain myself until I got to Cerulean City and heal, due to the low HP all four of my current team members had. Thankfully, I got to Cerulean without any problems, and immediately left to Route 4 to capture a new team member. However, this turned out to be short-lived as I found an Ekans- a Pokémon I wasn't keen on using again. Nonetheless, I nicknamed her Vitti and trained her for a few battles before I gave up with her.

My rival, Kyle, was relatively tough with each Pokémon of my team- Pandora the Wartortle, Pit the Pidgeotto, Lucky the Rattata and Magnus the Mankey- each being at level 18. However, I knew where to strategise- until my rival pulled an unexpected move by switching out and unleashing his Bulbasaur on Pandora. Knowing full well the type matchups involved, I sent out Pit in an attempt to take it out and leave it clear for Pandora to sweep again. Big mistake- the Bulbasaur started to spam Sleep Powder and Leech Seed, barely giving Pit any opportunity to strike. He finally took the Bulbasaur out, near death and leaving me shocked that I had nearly lost him again for the second time in the span of a few hours. Finally, when Kyle sent out his Pidgeotto again, I let Pandora finish it off. The rest of his team was a cakewalk, especially with Lucky's Hyper Fang, but I was still shaking at the near loss of Pit.

Finally, healing my Pokémon (and especially Pit) once more, I advanced up Nugget Bridge, more concerned for the capture of my latest team member than the trainers before me. Also, FYI, Pit was having terrible luck that day- he almost fainted again. Lucky, however, was living up superbly to his name, and sweeping my opponents amazingly. However, it was at this point that I decided to retire him- although Lucky had been a faithful companion up to this point, I knew Raticate was substandard in the later game, and I was starting to grow attached to him. Alongside another member I adore, Magnus, if he fainted, I wasn't sure I could tolerate it. I decided to spare him and box him in my 'Retired' box.

Little did I now, I would soon capture the Pokémon to replace him in terms of affection- my new Oddish, Aphrodite. While training, she endured enemy attacks spectacularly well. Perhaps she may become a team member who will carry on to the Elite Four; I do not know. I personally hope she will.

After I completed the Nugget Bridge stuff and saved Bill, I decided to forego the Cerulean Gym for now and head to Vermillion in order to train Aphrodite sufficiently- to the point that she'd at least stand a chance with Absorb. Urgh... I'm not looking forward to it. My plan is to keep Aphrodite as a Gloom until she learns Moonlight and evolve her into a Vileplume so she can still learn Petal Dance. Nonetheless, I caught three team members near Vermillion: Fireball the Meowth, Enigma the Diglett and Lethe the Drowzee (I got lucky with him). Each of the three are level 18 as of now.

Team so far:
Party:
;008; Pandora- Was there supposed to be a pun here? (Level 20)
;056; Magnus (level 20)
;043; Aphrodite (level 20)
;052; Fireball (level 18)
;050; Enigma- *insert joke about Diglett's feet here* (level 18)
;096; Lethe (level 18)

On Hold
;017; Pit- That unlucky guy that almost always nearly faints. (In box during Fireball's training) (level 20)
;041; Retrospect- Given the fact that Golbat will still try to evolve without the National Dex, this will become very irritating... very fast! (in Daycare) (Level 7...ish)

Retired this update:
;020; Lucky- My mercy got the better of me. (level 5-20)
;023; Vitti- Would die anyway with just Poison Sting and Wrap (level 12-12. So impressive.)
;010; Gaol- Gaol? Who was that again? (level 3-5)

Casualties this update:
;035; Noyla- Caught as a last ditch attempt to save Lucky. As per the rules, I counted her as a casualty.

Total deaths: 1 (Noyla)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I continued to explore Mt. Moon's interior and I battled some Zubat which were annoying. I had to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center outside again, then I re-entered Mt. Moon and I wandered around some more. I battled more trainers and I climbed down some steps and arrived at a tunnel where I battled a Clefairy. I leveled up my team as much as I could by battling more wild Pokemon in the next big cavern until I ran into some Team Rocket grunts. I battled them and I headed deeper into the cave and picked up items. I then arrived at a spot with two fossils and I battled a guy there over them. After defeating him, I picked up the Dome Fossil and traveled further until I finally exited the cave and arrived at Route 4.

;002; - Celery Lv. 18
;016; - Pigeon Lv. 16
;012; - Mushi Lv. 13
;032; - Quill Lv. 11
;074; - Rocky Lv. 11

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
The FireRed Nuzlocke Challenge

So after my interest in Pokemon was raised recently due to Twitch Plays Pokemon, I decided I was going to do a couple of Nuzlocke runs on FireRed, Emeralde and Diamond/Pearl with a friend.

I started the FR Nuzlocke a couple of days ago and i've made good progress.

EDIT: Forgot the Rules

Standard Nuzlocke Rules
Not playing with the Dupe Clause, even if i've caught that pokemon before and its my first encounter i've still got to catch it.
As a mercy rule, if i black-out, i can use a saving grace on one of the pokemon in the party. The rest are released. The same pokemon cannot have more than one saving grace.

Current team

;005;

Charles the Charmeleon
Level: 20
Moveset: Scratch, Smokescreen, Ember, Metal Claw.
Obtained at Level 5.
Male

As a lifelong fan of Charizard, I decided to choose Charmander as my starter knowing full well i'd need to level it up or catch a monkey to take on the first gym. After grinding in V. Forest, I evolved Charles into Charmeleon so he could take on the Gym, where he helped achieve victory.

;017;

Pig-Bird the Pidgeotto
Level: 19
Moveset: Tackle, Sand-attack, Gust, Quick-attack
Caught at level 3
Female

My first capture, and winner of the stupidest nickname, Pig-Bird is a vital member of my team. She was vital in the 1st gym battle, where her sand-attacks made the Onix blind and unable to land the majority of its attacks. She's also been useful in reliving lower levelled team members during fights.

;019;

Rattiana the Rattata
Level: 17
Caught at level 3
Female

Winner of the most unimaginative nickname award, Rattiana was useful earlier in the game, holding her own against adversaries like Brock's Onix. However, recently her use has been somewhat diminished as she is replaced by newer team members.

;015;

Winfred the Beedrill
Level: 15
Caught at Level 3
Male

Honestly, I never expected Winfred to get this far. I always thought the weedle would only be useful as a meat shield for the others. But Winfred has fought on and has survived and continues to be a useful pokemon, although his weaknesses are starting to show.

;033;

Purplefury the Nidorino
Caught at Level 7
Male

One of the most powerful Pokemon in the team, Purplefury has gained a reputation for quickly eliminating his foes. His devastating double-kick has been nicknamed single-kick for its consistency to eliminate weaker pokemon in a single hit. With peck he can fight fighting types while having the resistance Pig-Bird lacks.

;043;

Lettuce the Oddish
Level: 18
Caught at Level 12
Female

The newest member to the group. lettuce quickly gained levels beating the rock types of the hikers of route 24. Lettuce is expected to be a vital member of the team in the upcoming battle with misty, where his might absorb and stun spore will come in useful.

In the PC

Damnbat
Level: 11
Caught at Level I forgot that stupid Bat
Female(?)

A Zubat caught at Mt Moon, named after the frustration i felt when i encountered it and not, i don't know, any other pokemon!

The Fallen

Squeakers the Rattata
Level at Death: 9
Caught at level 4
Female

The first and only casualty so far, Squeakers was lost due to recklessness and carelessness. never again. R.I.P Squeakers.

Last edited:

Lorde

I wandered east towards Cerulean City on Route 4 after exiting Mt. Moon's cavern. I arrived there eventually and the first thing I did was visit the local Pokemon Center in order to heal my injured Pokemon there. I headed out afterwards and I visited the Poke Mart south of the Pokemon Center, then some houses around the city. I went back to Route 4 to do some training in the tall grass. I battled wild Pokemon there for about half an hour to level up my team, then I returned to Cerulean City and I visited the Cerulean City Gym after healing my Pokemon. I battled against the couple of Gym trainers there and I used mostly Celery and Mushi against their Water-type Pokemon. I saved the game before battling Misty.

;002; - Celery Lv. 20
;016; - Pigeon Lv. 17
;012; - Mushi Lv. 17
;032; - Quill Lv. 14
;074; - Rocky Lv. 14

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
UPDATE 1

Just battled Misty, thinking myself ready. I was wrong… so wrong.

The battle was intense, starting out with lettuce vs Staryu. It should of been easy, with Lettuce's type advantage, but a lucky confusion meant Lettuce was down to under half health when the Staryu fainted. Then it was Starmie's turn to fight. I used Pig-Bird to sand attack it, but a critical water pulse nearly took her out. I switched to Winfred, to buy me some time. Winfred fainted, knocked out by water pulse, but it allowed me to heal up lettuce. Lettuce tried to pull off a poison powder, but was confused by Water pulse. I switched again, sending out Rattiana. Her tail whip was useful, and quick attack did some damage, but she was taken out as well. Next up was Purplefury, who landed peck on Starmie, doing more damage. But Water pulse took him down into red. I then realised the three useful pokemon in this fight (Purplefury, Pig-Bird and Lettuce) Were all badly hurt. I had to sacrifice someone…

I sent out Pig-Bird, who managed to survive the swift attack. This allowed me to fully heal Lettuce. Then Pig-Bird fell to the dreaded Water Pulse. I sent out Lettuce, knowing that if she fell I was doomed. I spammed absorb, not caring about anything else. And in the end, Lettuce's type advantage won over the Starmie. i had won. But i had lost half my team.

The Current Team

;005;

Charles the Charmeleon
Moveset: Scratch, Smokescreen, Ember, Metal Claw
Obtained at Level 5
Male

My starter, and the only pokemon to not partake in the fateful Cerulean Gym battle, Charles is the highest levelled member of the team. I'm expecting him to be very useful against the next two gyms.

;033;

Purplefury the Nidorino
Moveset: Leer, Peck, Poison Sting, Double Kick
Caught at Level 7
Male

Purplefury took quite the beating in the Cerulean Gym but managed to survive. No doubt he will be useful again Erica and maybe Lt Surge.

;043;

Lettuce the Oddish
Moveset: Absorb, Sweet Scent, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore.
Caught at Level 12
Female

Lettuce the Star-Slayer. Without Lettuce, the Cerulean Gym battle would of been a complete failure. She took down both of Misty's pokemon with her mighty absorb. And only two levels away from evolving, no doubt she will continue to be used in the future.

;041;

Damnbat the Zubat
Level: 11
Moveset: Leech Life, Astonish, Supersonic
Caught at Level 8
Female

Orignally a slot filler in the team, Damnbat is now one of the four surviving pokemon due to the fact she wasn't present at the Gym battle. Now she'll be raised to a similar level as the others and might even evolve into Golbat.

In the PC

The PC is currently empty.

The Fallen

;019;

Squeakers the Rattata
Level at Death: 9
Moveset at Death: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack
Caught at Level 4
Female

The second Rattata and the first casualty of the play through. Lost due to the poisons of Weedles.

;019;

Rattiana the Rattata
Level at Death: 17
Moveset at Death: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, hyper Fang
Caught at Level 3
Female

Rattiana, despite her seeing less and less battles, was a favourite of mine. Maybe it was her comically slow levelling compared to Charles and Pig-Bird or the fact it could of been her and not Squeakers who fell to the poison. But she met her end at the hands of the evil Starmie. But her contribution was noted: Her tail whip brought down the beasts defences. Rattiana, your death was not in vain.

;015;

Winfred the Beedrill.
Level at Death: 15
Moveset at Death: Poison Sting, Focus Energy, Harden, Fury Attack
Caught at Level 3
Male

One of the original four, Winfred had become a token member at the introduction of the more powerful Purplefury and Lettuce. However he died fighting against Misty, and his sacrifice ultimately bought me some time.

;017;

Pig-Bird the Pidgeotto
Level at Death: 19
Moveset at Death: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack
Caught at Level 3
Female

My second pokemon and one of the most important, I always thought Pig-Bird was going to make it all the way through with us. But that was a fool's hope as Pig-Bird fell to the deadly water pulse of Starmie. But Pig-Bird will not be forgotten. I will make sure my pokemon are always ready to fight the next Gym leader so something like this won't happen again

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
UPDATE 2

Currently In Vermillion City, training in the local routes to level up new members of the team before going onto the S.S. Anne to face my Rival, named Generic

The Team

;005;

Charles the Charmeleon
Level: 22
Moveset: Same as last time

;033;

Purplefury the Nidorino
Level: 21

;044;

Lettuce the Gloom
Level: 21

My Oddish finally evolved and continues to be a vital member of the team.

;041;

Damnbat the Zubat
Level: 17
Moveset: Leech Life, Astonish, Bite

Damnbat is coming along well, but is still the lowest level member of the team but can now hold his own with bite.

Some new members to the gang

;017;

Portamus the Pidgeotto
Moveset: Same as Pig-Bird
Caught at Level 15
Male

The replacement to Pig-Bird, I made a random sound and decided to nickname my new pidgey after that sound.

;050;

DJ Digz the Diglett
Moveset: Scratch, Growl, Magnitude, Dig
Caught at Level 18
Female

Planning to evolve before facing Lt Surge.

Recently Deceased

Lord Meow the Meowth, Level 11

Torpoleon

Zach's Pokémon LeafGreen Nuzlocke

I started a nuzlocke of Pokémon LeafGreen yesterday.

Rules:
1. Must nickname all Pokémon.
2. Only the first Pokémon in each new route or area counts, unless I find a duplicate and/or shiny. In each new route or area, I'll have 5 shots to catch something new. If in each of the 5 tries, I can't find something new, I don't get something from that route or area.
3. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead and must be stored in the PC.

Part 1: The Boulder Badge
- I'm Zach and my rival is Matt.
- Picked a Charmander and I nicknamed him Hokage.
- Battled Matt and I easily beat his Squirtle with Hokage.
- After doing some errands for Oak, I was given Poké Balls and was finally able to start catching Pokémon.
- Route 1: Rattata (Carrot)
- Route 22: Mankey (Peach)
- Route 2: Pidgey (Jet)
- Viridian Forest: Metapod (Monarch) Carrot killed a Caterpie I saw, so I was stuck with this, who only knew Harden...
- If you watched Marriland's HeartGold Wedlocke, you should recognize Carrot & Peach (they even have the same genders from the Wedlocke).
- Trained everyone up to LV 8 before fighting Matt.
- Zach VS Matt
Monarch VS Pidgey (Monarch is recalled)
Hokage VS Pidgey (Hokage is recalled)
Monarch VS Pidgey (Monarch is recalled)
Hokage VS Pidgey (Hokage wins and is recalled)
Carrot VS Squirtle (Carrot wins)
- I was trying to give Monarch some EXP, which is why I sent him out first. Training a Pokémon with just Harden is annoying.
- Anyways, after beating him, I healed and went through Viridian Forest.
- As expected, Monarch evolved while in Viridian Forest, so now he can finally start fighting on his own.
- After exiting Viridian Forest, I did a lot of training. My team was around LV 9/10 and I wanted them up to LV 13 for the gym. Got everyone except Peach up to LV 13 (got her to LV 12) because she'd be used a lot in the gym.
- I healed and then battled the trainer in the gym. After healing again, I took on Brock.
- Zach VS Brock
Hokage VS Geodude (Hokage wins and is recalled)
Peach VS Onix (Peach wins)
- Healed and saved at the Pokémon Center.

My Team
;004; Hokage/Charmander- LV 13
Ember, Metal Claw, Scratch & Growl

;019; Carrot/Rattata- LV 13
Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, Tackle & Tail Whip

;056; Peach/Mankey- LV 13
Low Kick, Karate Chop, Scratch & Leer

;016; Jet/Pidgey- LV 13
Gust, Quick Attack, Tackle & Sand-Attack

;012; Monarch/Butterfree- LV 13
Confusion, PoisonPowder & Harden

PC
None

Dead
None

Playtime: 3:31

Last edited:

Lorde

I challenged Gym Leader Misty at the Cerulean City Gym and I used Celery against her Staryu first. I attacked it with Vine Whip which was naturally super effective and enough to defeat the Staryu. I switched over to Pigeon in order to battle Misty's Starmie next. I mostly used it to weaken Starmie slowly but then I switched back to Celery since Misty's Starmie almost knocked it out. I defeated the Starmie with another of Celery's Vine Whip attacks and I won the battle. I obtained the Cascade Badge along with the Water Pulse TM from Misty and I exited the Cerulean City Gym. I headed out to the Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon and then I went back to Route 4 in order to level up my weaker Pokemon.

;002; - Celery Lv. 21
;017; - Pigeon Lv. 18
;012; - Mushi Lv. 17
;033; - Quill Lv. 16
;074; - Rocky Lv. 16

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
UPDATE 3

Just beaten Rival Generic at the Pokemon Tower, only losing one pokemon.

Before that I had to face Lt Surge, who was destroyed by my Diglett.

The Current team

;005;
Charles th Charmeleon
Level: 27
Moveset: Brick Break, Scary Face, Ember, Metal Claw

Charles is still going strong. Planning to replace Metal Claw with Wing Attack or Slash when he eventually evolves.

;034;
Purplefury the Nidoking
Level: 26
Moveset: Horn Attack, Shock Wave, Thrash, Double Kick

The tank of the team, Purplefury can take nearly any attack thrown at him. Double kick allows him to defeat rock types and shock wave to protect him from flying and water types.

;017;
Portamus the Pidgeotto
Level: 25
Moveset: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Currently the only flying type left on the team, Portamus is currently the lowest levelled member of the team but is still a valuable asset. I regret the stupid nickname.

;044;
Lettuce the Gloom
Level: 30
Moveset: Acid, Bullet Seed, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore

Lettuce is the Star-Slayer, Champion of Rock Tunnel and Conqueror of the Wartortle. She's currently the highest level in the team and can deliver a powerful punch despite her mediocre moves. Plannung to evolve at level 35.

;051;
DJ Digz
Level: 27
Moveset: Cut, Aerial Ace, Magnitude, Dig

Now a Dugtrio, DJ Digz wiped the entire electric gym single handedly and took on the Rival's Growlithe and won.

Recently defeated

Two Zubats: Damnbat (who i had just started to like.) and Goddamnbat (who was expendable anyway). levels 19 and 15 respectively

Lorde

I returned to Cerulean City after training my Pokemon at Route 4 and I headed north towards Route 24 next but I was stopped by my rival who showed up before I could leave the city. I battled him and I used Rocky to defeat his Pidgeotto. I then used Celery against his Abra and Rattata and Pigeon against his Chamander. I won the battle easily and I healed my Pokemon again just in case before arriving at Route 24. I battled trainers on the bridge there and I soon arrived at the very end and received a Nugget. I battled against the Team Rocket grunt in disguise and then I headed into the tall grass and caught a wild Abra that appeared. I nicknamed it Casey and I trained some more in the tall grass and saved.

;002; - Celery Lv. 22
;017; - Pigeon Lv. 18
;012; - Mushi Lv. 18
;033; - Quill Lv. 16
;074; - Rocky Lv. 17
;063; - Casey Lv. 13

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
I returned to Cerulean City after training my Pokemon at Route 4 and I headed north towards Route 24 next but I was stopped by my rival who showed up before I could leave the city. I battled him and I used Rocky to defeat his Pidgeotto. I then used Celery against his Abra and Rattata and Pigeon against his Chamander. I won the battle easily and I healed my Pokemon again just in case before arriving at Route 24. I battled trainers on the bridge there and I soon arrived at the very end and received a Nugget. I battled against the Team Rocket grunt in disguise and then I headed into the tall grass and caught a wild Abra that appeared. I nicknamed it Casey and I trained some more in the tall grass and saved.

;002; - Celery Lv. 22
;017; - Pigeon Lv. 18
;012; - Mushi Lv. 18
;033; - Quill Lv. 16
;074; - Rocky Lv. 17
;063; - Casey Lv. 13

You were lucky to catch an abra and good job on misty. seems to have gone a lot better than my fight with her

Lorde

After grinding in the tall grass near the bridge on Route 24, I headed east and I battled some more trainers in that area. I walked all the way until I arrived at the coast and I visited the Sea Cottage and spoke to Bill inside. I helped him with his experiment and then I received the S.S. Ticket key item that would allow me to board the S.S. Anne in Vermilion City. I wandered south towards Cerulean City once again after taking care of stuff and I healed my Pokemon before heading out of the city. I passed through the local house that had been robbed by Team Rocket and I battled a Team Rocket grunt outside. I beat him and got the Dig TM, then I passed through Route 5 and I caught a Meowth that I nicknamed Kat.

;002; - Celery Lv. 22
;017; - Pigeon Lv. 19
;012; - Mushi Lv. 18
;033; - Quill Lv. 17
;074; - Rocky Lv. 17
;063; - Casey Lv. 15

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
UPDATE 4

So I've beaten Erica and Giovanni in Celadon City, cleared Pokemon tower andaccidently fainted the snorlax on route 12. I'm currently in the middle of route 13

The Giovanni fight went smoothly. Purplefury took on Onix and Kangaskhan and Steevee took out Rhyhorn.

Erica, despite my type advantages, was a little tougher. Her Victreebel paralysed both Charles and Purplefury before falling to Portamus. I healed Charles, who proceeded to one shot tangelo and take out vileplume.

The Current Team

;006;
Charles the Charizard
Level: 36
Moveset: Brick Break, Wing Attack, Flamethrower, metal Claw

;034;
Purplefury the Nidoking
Level: 32
Moveset: Horn Attack, Shock Wave, Thrash, Double Kick

;051;
DJ Digz the Dugtrio
Level: 29

;017;
Portamus the Pidgeotto
Level: 30
Moveset: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Wing Attack, Quick Attack

;044;
Lettuce the Gloom
Level: 31
Moveset: Acid, Giga Drain, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore

;134;
Steevee the Vaporeon
Level: 31
Moveset: Water Pulse, Sand-Attack, Bite, Quick Attack.

In the Box

Ser Pounce the Meowth

Ditzy the Ditto

Torpoleon

Finally back with another part! A lot has happened.

Part 2: The Cascade Badge
- After beating Brock, I got the Running Shoes and continued eastward, battling all the trainers along the way.
- Route 3: Spearow (Fear)
- Mt. Moon: Geodude (Rocky)
- While in Mt. Moon, Hokage evolved into Charmeleon.
- Battled all the trainers in Mt. Moon and I chose the legendary Helix Fossil at the end. It helped Twitch Plays Pokémon, so hopefully it will guide me.
- Route 4: Sandshrew (Kazekage)
- Zach VS Matt
Jet VS Pidgeotto (Jet is recalled)
Hokage VS Pidgeotto (Hokage wins and is recalled)
Monarch VS Squirtle (Monarch wins and is recalled)
Jet VS Abra (Jet wins and is recalled)
Peach VS Rattata (Peach wins)
- After that, I battled the trainers on Nugget Bridge and Jet evolved.
- Route 24: Abra (Psydekick)
- Route 25: Bellsprout (Pear)
- Added Bellsprout to my team and after many close calls with the other trainers (at one point, she had 2 HP left and at another she only beat a Slowpoke because it used Growl on the second turn as opposed to Confusion), I made it to Bill.
- After talking to him, I decided to train. My team was at LV 17/18 and I wanted them at LV 20 for the gym.
- Beat the Team Rocket Grunt that has Dig.
- No encounter for Route 5 because after 5 tries, there was nothing new (after those, I started to see lots of Meowth, which was unfortunate).
- Also, I put Kazekage in the Day Care. I plan to use him, Rocky and possibly the inevitable Diglett from Diglett's Cave in the 3rd Gym.
- While training, Carrot evolved.
- Soon enough, my team was ready for the gym.
- Zach VS Misty
Pear VS Staryu (Pear wins and is recalled)
Jet VS Starmie (Jet is recalled) JET ONLY HAD 1 HP LEFT!!!!
Pear VS Starmie (PEAR DIED!!!!!)
Monarch VS Starmie (Monarch is recalled)
Carrot VS Starmie (Carrot DEMOLISHES Starmie)
- Awkwardly enough, Pear still evolved after the match, but it still wasn't enough to save her.
- I put Pear in the RIP Box (or the Graveyard) and after healing, I saved at the Pokémon Center. Poor Pear!

Final Words To Pear: Pear, I'm sorry this is the way it had to happen. Just when you looked like you were going to shine, that stupid Starmie killed you. I thought you could have survived Water Pulse. You could have helped against many Water Types, but I guess this is the way it was meant to be. May you meet up with Pear the Victreebel from Marriland's Wedlocke, the one you were named after. Rest in Peace, Pear the Weepinbell.

My Team
;005; Hokage/Charmeleon- LV 20
Ember, Metal Claw, Scratch & Mega Punch

;020; Carrot/Raticate- LV 20
Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, Tackle & Tail Whip

;056; Peach/Mankey- LV 20
Karate Chop, Low Kick, Scratch & Mega Kick

;017; Jet/Pidgeotto- LV 21
Quick Attack, Gust, Thief & Tackle

;012; Monarch/Butterfree- LV 20
Confusion, PoisonPowder, Stun Spore & Sleep Powder

PC
;021; ;074; ;063;
Fear, Rocky & Psydekick

Day Care
;027;
Kazekage

Dead
;070;
Pear- Killed by Misty's Starmie

Playtime: 6:42

Last edited:

Lorde

I visited the Pokemon Day Care on Route 5 and I withdrew Kat from my PC and left her there to level up while I continued traveling. I headed towards the gatehouse that led into Saffron City, but the guard there was stubborn and wouldn't let me through. I had to use the Underground Path instead and go underneath the city. I arrived at Route 6 after using that tunnel and I battled some wild Pokemon and trainers in the area. I headed further south until I arrived at my destination: Vermilion City. I visited the local Pokemon Center and then I went next door and I obtained an Old Rod. I headed out and visited the Pokemon Fan Club afterwards and I obtained the Bike Voucher from the Chairman there and saved.

;002; - Celery Lv. 23
;017; - Pigeon Lv. 20
;012; - Mushi Lv. 18
;033; - Quill Lv. 18
;074; - Rocky Lv. 17
;063; - Casey Lv. 15

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
UPDATE 5

Currently fighting my way through Sabrina's gym, having recently battled Koga, Generic and Giovanni in that order.

Koga was quite tough. I started out with Steevee, but when he was poisoned I switched to Snore. On the turn of that switch, Koffing used self-destruct and Snore barely survived, taking him out for the rest of the fight. Next up DJ Digz took on Muk and won. Then Charles took out the last two pokemon, but not before being badly hurt and being poisoned.

Generic was easy, as always. his team fell very quickly. Giovanni was a tougher nut to crack. Nidorino was taken out by Steevee. So was Nidoqueen, but first her attacks took Steevee down to 9 HP. That made me switch to Lettuce for Rhyhorn, who won easily. Then I was a showdown between Kangaskhan and Snore. The two fought epicly, but in the end Snore came out in top.

Current Team

;006;
Charles the Charizard
Level: 41
Moveset: Brick Break, Wing Attack, Flamethrower, Metal Claw

;134;
Steevee the Vaporeon
Level: 40
Moveset: Water Pulse, Surf, Bite, Aurora Beam

;045;
Lettuce the Vileplume
Level: 37
Moveset: Acid, Giga Drain, Poisonpowder, Moonlight.

;051;
DJ Digz the Dugtrio
Level: 38

;143;
Snore the Snorlax
Level: 39
Moveset: Body Slam, Yawn, Rest, Snore

;034;
Purplefury the Nidoking
Level: 37
Moveset: Strength, Shock Wave, Thrash, Double Kick

In the Box

Several Pokemon, but I have three main back ups
Soar the Fearow
Mike Tyson the Hitmonchan
Rascal the Lapras
All of them Level 25

Recently Deceased

Portamus the Pidgeotto, level 30

Shiny Espeon0429

Alrighty guys, thankfully I have defeated Tate & Liza and I'm rapidly approaching the end of the game! :'( So, from last time, I withdrew Freewinder as a Surf Slave from the PC and headed east to Route 120. Having already caught Freewinder from this route, I couldn't catch another Pokemon. Peanut and Fangs comfortably took out Gabby & Ty before I eased south to that horrendous trainer with the Manectric that knows Thunder. Thankfully, Peanut managed to take him out with Sky Uppercut. I meandered south down Route 120, defeating all the trainers. On Route 121, I prepared for the inevitable Shuppet catch and found... an Oddish?! I was happy enough as I had a back up for Peanut :))) and managed to catch her, naming her Violet and putting her on the bench for now. Onwards I traveled and entered the Safari Zone before remembering that you need a Pokeblock Case. Undeterred, I pushed on to Lilycove City and healed up, before entering the Contest Hall and picking up a Pokeblock Case from the lady at the counter.
I returned to the Safari Zone to make my capture there. I didn't really have a Pokemon in mind, but, as I had the Acro Bike, I decided to go far north. Here I caught a Natu, named Nitter, which I'd be more interested in if I didn't already have two Flying Pokemon. I benched him and left the Safari Zone. My next stop? Mt. Pyre. I didn't initially catch any Pokemon on Route 122, as they were all Tentacool, which I had caught before. Entering Mt. Pyre, my first Pokemon was unsurprisingly a Shuppet, which I nicknamed Rapture. Rapture, I soon decided would be my back-up for a Phoebe killer. Mt. Pyre was easy enough to traverse and I confronted Team Aqua at the top before collecting TM30 - Shadow Ball inside and teaching it to Fangs. :)
On my way out I used the Good Rod on Route 122 and got a... Magikarp. :/ I caught it anyway calling it Godkarp. I moved south to Route 123 (Which I did a few times to collect all the items) - there was no catch as I had caught all Pokemon found on the route, bar Kecleon and I didn't fancy waiting for a Pokemon that has a 1% chance of appearing. Incidently, do any of you realise that there are quite a few tough trainers on Route 123? I nearly lost a Pokemon a few times, including once when Fangs nearly died. Thankfully, I survived and returned to the Berry Master and his wife.
Having gone full circle, I decided to a few things before advancing the storyline. Firstly, I flew to Lilycove and took out May. Sadly, I don't remember much, but Fangs did most of the work, I remember. May scarpered and I flew to Rustboro to make my Route 115 catch. I Surfed northwards (All Water encounters were thankfully Tentacool!) and after defeating all trainers, I found a... Jigglypuff, nicknamed Pinky, who went straight to the bench.
Now to advance the storyline! I traveled to Team Magma's base on the Jagged Pass and comfortably eased my way through. Strike eased to victory v Maxie using the newly-acquired Strength mainly. I flew to Slateport for the Submarine Cutscene and then headed back to Lilycove to finish the Team Aqua hideout. Everything went fine and I picked up the Master Ball before healing up in Lilycove and traveling through Route 124. No catch was made as all the Pokemon on the Surf part of the route I'd caught before (But I may catch another one later) and Lilycove was soon reached. I healed up and cleared out the gym trainers before heading north to Shoal Cave to make my next catch.
First Pokemon out was obviously Spheal and I promptly caught it using Voltaire and nicknamed her Sub-Zero. I needed a Water Pokemon in my party, so I trained up Sub-Zero and, after a lot of work, she evolved twice and I was ready for Tate & Liza.
My strategy was an obvious one - Spam Surf! I sent out Sub-Zero and Strike to start. Sub-Zero used Surf and Strike used Ancientpower on Xatu, which was enough to take it down. The twins replaced it with Lunatone and I continued to spam Surf with Sub-Zero. Meanwhile, I used Metal Claw with Strike on Lunatone. Surf took down Claydol (And was replaced by Solrock obviously) but Metal Claw missed! Lunatone healed with a berry and Sub-Zero's Surf hurt both Lunatone and Solrock, but this time Strike's Metal Claw finished off Lunatone. Solrock sadly used Sunny Day, making my life more difficult, and Surf was used next turn, but Metal Claw missed again! Luckily, though a Sitrus Berry healed Solrock, Surf and a hitting Metal Claw finally finished off the Twins for good - Phew!

New Additions:
Spr_3e_043.gif
Violet the Oddish

Spr_3e_177.gif
Nitter the Natu

Spr_3e_353.gif
Rapture the Shuppet

Spr_3e_129.gif
Godkarp the Magikarp

Spr_3e_039.gif
Pinky the Jigglypuff

Spr_3e_363.gif
Sub-Zero the Spheal

New Evolutions:
Spr_3e_364.gif
Sub-Zero evolved into Sealeo

Spr_3e_365.gif
Sub-Zero evolved into Walrein

;277; Pecks - Swellow Lv47
Lax Male
Fly
Endeavour
Steel Wing
Aerial Ace

;286; Peanut - Breloom Lv47
Rash Female
Headbutt
Mega Drain
Mach Punch
Sky Uppercut

;169; Fangs - Crobat Lv47 <3
Timid Female
Wing Attack
Confuse Ray
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball

;348; Strike - Armaldo Lv47
Lax Female
Strength
Fury Cutter
Metal Claw
Ancientpower

;082; Voltaire - Magneton Lv47
Careful
Spark
Tri Attack
Thunder Wave
Thunder

;365; Sub-Zero - Walrein Lv47
Careful Female
Surf
Ice Ball
Body Slam
Aurora Beam

;261; Travis - Poochyena Lv11
;269; Rafa - Dustox Lv10
;293; Decibel - Whismur Lv5
;296; Pulse - Makuhita Lv9
;278; Zazu - Wingull Lv21
;327; Lopez - Spinda Lv16
;333; Draconia - Swablu Lv31
;325; Loco - Spoink Lv20
;360; Winston - Wynaut Lv5
;073; Marino - Tentacruel Lv33
;323; Rally - Camerupt Lv35
;317; Lera - Swalot Lv35
;264; Fluffy - Linoone Lv25
;183; Freewinder - Marill Lv25
;043; Violet - Oddish Lv28
;177; Nitter - Natu Lv27
;353; Rapture - Shuppet Lv27
;129; Godkarp - Magikarp Lv26
;039; Pinky - Jigglypuff Lv24

;256; Sarge the Combusken Lv5-28, Killed by a Ninja Boy's Koffing's Critical Hit Selfdestruct on Route 113.
;328; Tornado the Trapinch, Lv21-22, Killed by a Wild Machop's Critical Hit Karate Chop in the Fiery Pass.

RIP

1. When a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead. I cannot do anything with it, except put it in a Death Box in my PC. I can't use it for trades or anything like that. I can't revive it, it is dead.
2. I must nickname all of my Pokemon.
3. I will catch the first Pokemon I see on every route/city, but if I don't like it I can bench it and use it at a later date to replace a fallen comrade. However, I must use my starter.
4. If I accidentally kill the first Pokemon from a certain area, I can't capture a new one, I've lost my opportunity to capture a Pokemon from that area.
5. If the first Pokemon on a route is one I have caught before, then it doesn't count and the first Pokemon for that route is the first one I see that I haven't caught before. If a Pokemon from a previous route dies and I encounter it again first, I still cannot capture it.
6. If I have visited the route before I receive Pokeballs, I can still return to that Route and catch a Pokemon.
7. I can use repels but not until I have encountered my first Pokemon in that area.
8. I can use healing items in battle.
9. To determine what starter I pick, I will look at my Trainer ID. If my ID ends in 1, 4 or 7, I must pick Treecko. If it ends in 2, 5 or 8, I must pick Torchic. If it ends in a 3, 6 or 9, I must pick Mudkip. If it ends in a 0, I get free reign over which starter I pick.
10. If I white out at any point in the game, it is considered a Game Over, even if I have Pokemon still remaining on the bench.
11. The game ends when either I run out of Pokemon and Benched Pokemon, white out or defeat Wallace at the Pokemon League.
12. There are no Pokemon Centre restrictions (Its my first run!)
13. If I see a shiny in the wild, I reserve the right to catch it. However, I can't use it in my team unless it was the first Pokemon found in the route/city. If it wasn't the first found, it must be permanently boxed until the end of the challenge.
14. If the first Pokemon on a route is an evolution of a previously caught Pokemon, then it doesn't count and the first Pokemon for that route is the first one I see that I haven't caught before.

OK Guys, I should update after Juan - I am going through fast! I'm pretty happy with my atm, will probably only make one possible change and I'm not even sure I will make this change. See you all soon!

Last edited:

Lorde

I shopped for items at the Poke Mart in Vermilion City and then I headed over to the houses and I spoke to characters there. I headed over to the harbor after visiting all the locations that were currently accessible to me and I showed my S.S. Ticket to the sailor at the port and I arrived at the dock where the S.S. Anne was. I entered some cabins and I battled the trainers there and I collected a few items. I went to the galley afterwards and found some berries in the trash cans, then I went to the deck of the ship and I battled a couple of Sailors there. I headed back to the interior of the ship and I battled some more Sailors down below the deck. I then made my way towards the captain's room but met my rival.

;002; - Celery Lv. 24
;017; - Pigeon Lv. 21
;012; - Mushi Lv. 19
;033; - Quill Lv. 19
;074; - Rocky Lv. 18
;064; - Casey Lv. 17

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
UPDATE 6

7 gyms down, currently levelling up newest team member. I probably haven't fully registered the loss yet.

It was all going so well. My team was in the high-thirties and low-forties. We were unstoppable. Sabrina started out with Kadabra and Mr Mime, but both were beaten by Steevee's bite attacks. After that, Venemoth was taken down by Charles. Alakazam was all that was left. I sent out Steevee. She used calm mind, i used bite, she used calm mind and i used bite. And then she used psychic and Steevee fainted. I sent out Snore, who endured the attack and finished off Alakazam. But Steevee was gone

I released Steevee and replaced him with Rascal the Lapras, levelling her up to face Blaine. She wiped his team, but not without difficulties. Then we went to the sevii islands. We gaced off against the bikers. One after the other was defeated, but the last one used a Weezing against Purplefury…

…and it used Self-Destruct. I watched as Purplefury was knocked out. I was forced to release him, the pokemon i'd had from near the very beginning. After tyring out a Raticate and Persian, i decided on Mike Tyson the Hitmonchan to replace him. He'll need to have some levelling

The Current Team

;006;
Charles the Charizard
Level: 42
Moveset: Same as Last time

;045;
Lettuce the Vileplume

;051;
DJ Digz the Dugtrio

;143;
Snore the Snorlax

;131;
Rascal the Lapras
Level: 39
Moveset: Ice Beam, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Surf

;107;
Mike Tyson the Hitmonchan
Level: 26
Moveset: Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Mach Punch

Box Back-ups

Cat Pun the Persian Level 37

Ratzy the Raticate Level 36

Recent Losses

;034;
Purplefury the Nidoking
Moveset: Strength, Shock Wave, Thrash, Double Kick (the move he started with and the one he ended with)

;134;
Steevee the Vaporeon
Moveset: Water Pulse, Surf, Bite, Aurora Beam

Lorde

I battled against my rival on my way to the captain's room at the S.S. Anne and I used Rocky's Rock Throw against his Pidgeotto. After winning that match, I switched to Mushi and I beat my rival's Kadabra. I used Celery's Vine Whip to beat his Raticate, then Rocky's Magnitude to beat his Charmeleon. I headed into the captain's room after that battle and I rubbed his back since he was seasick. I got the Cut HM from him afterwards and I explored the ship once more before departing. I headed out to heal my Pokemon at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center, then I went east to Route 11 to battle against the trainers and wild Pokemon there. I spent a good 30 minutes training my team there before returning to Vermilion.

;002; - Celery Lv. 25
;017; - Pigeon Lv. 23
;012; - Mushi Lv. 21
;033; - Quill Lv. 20
;074; - Rocky Lv. 20
;064; - Casey Lv. 19