• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I finally managed to push all the boulders down through the holes in the ground and I headed back down to Surf on the currents. I eventually made it into a new part of the Seafoam Islands and I Surfed near Articuno's lair. I left that part of the Seafoam Islands eventually and I arrived at a staircase. I climbed the stairs and I reached the exit of the Seafoam Islands. I then Surf on the sea and I encountered more trainers who wanted to battle. I kept Surfing west towards Cinnabar Island and I eventually arrived there. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I bought some items over at the Poke Mart. I then saved the game before exploring the Pokemon Mansion that was north of town.

;003; - Celery Lv. 43
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 39
;034; - Quill Lv. 39
;075; - Rocky Lv. 40
;064; - Casey Lv. 39

ToNeS

• Trained up the rest of my team members.
  • Evolved Subwoofer into Loudred.
  • Evolved ArmStrong into Breloom.
  • Evolved Debugger into Ninjask and obtained Shedinja but I refuse to use as it makes the challenge far too easy.
  • Defeated Brendan and the rest of the trainers on my way towards Mauville City.
  • Fought against Wally.
  • Fought against Steven's family but Subwoofer died to a Meditate's Hi Jump Kick.
  • Withdrew Gigavolt to train but unfortunately it died to a critical hit Headbutt from Zigzagoon.
  • Caught Zigzagoon in the route between Verdanturf Town and Mauville City. Nicknamed it HMSlave.
  • Trained some more and evolved Gullwings into Pelipper.

My team so far:
;291; Debugger - Lvl21
;279; Gullwings - Lvl25
;286; ArmStrong - Lvl23
;304; Mechasaur - Lvl21

Boxed
;292; Shedinja - Lvl20
;263; HMSlave - Lvl13

Grave
;261; Doge - Lvl11
;309; Gigavolt - Lvl12
;294; Subwoofer - Lvl22

Lorde

I entered the Pokemon Mansion and I wandered around a bit. I encountered wild Pokemon and I battled against them for the experience. I eventually reached the stairs, but once I got to the next floor I realized that I'd have to use the switches to unlock certain doors. I met some trainers around the various floors as I moved around and I also read the diary entries. I battled more wild Pokemon, then I fell down to another floor. I wandered around battling more trainers until I reached the spot with the key that would unlock the Cinnabar Island Gym. I headed back outside and healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I went to the Pokemon Lab and I talked to the various characters there and saved.

;003; - Celery Lv. 45
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 41
;034; - Quill Lv. 41
;075; - Rocky Lv. 42
;064; - Casey Lv. 40

ToNeS

• Took on Mauville City Gym and defeated Wattson but Mechasaur died to Magneton's Shock Wave.
  • Head north of Mauville City and caught myself a Slugma in Jagged Pass and nicknamed it FlameOn (a reference to a catchphrase by one of the Fantastic 4).
  • Trained up FlameOn and my other pokemon to Lvl25.
  • Along the route towards Fallabour Town, I engaged a trainer's Koffing and it kept spamming Self-Destruct and so I lost my Ninjask Debugger.
  • Went towards Meteor Falls and then back to Jagged Pass to take the cable car.
  • Fought against the Team Magma members but unfortunately I lost my Slugma FlameOn due to a critical hit Magitude 8 from a Numel.
  • Defeated the Team Magma leader and headed south.
  • Caught myself a Numel and named it HumpBack.
  • Headed back to Mauville City and healed and saved there.

My team so far:
;279; Gullwings - Lvl25
;286; ArmStrong - Lvl23
;322; HumpBack - Lvl19

Boxed
;292; Shedinja - Lvl20
;263; HMSlave - Lvl13

Grave
;261; Doge - Lvl11
;309; Gigavolt - Lvl12
;294; Subwoofer - Lvl22
;304; Mechasaur - Lvl24
;218; Flameon - Lvl26
;291; Debugger - Lvl25

Last edited:

Lorde

I finally visited the Cinnabar Island Gym and I battled the Gym trainers. I could have easily solved the quiz questions, but I thought battling would be the better option since it leveled up my Pokemon. I continued battling until I reached Blaine and I challenged him a battle. I used my Rocky against his Ponyta and I beat it with Rock Blast. I then used Quill's Surf attack against his Arcanine. That beat Arcanine and then I used Quill against Blaine's Rapidash too. I was able to beat it with Earthquake and then I used Pigeon against his Growlithe. I defeated it with Fly attack and I won the match. I obtained the Volcano Badge from Blaine and then I met Bill outside. We took a ship and I saved once we arrived on One Island.

;003; - Celery Lv. 46
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 42
;034; - Quill Lv. 43
;075; - Rocky Lv. 43
;064; - Casey Lv. 41

Last edited:

ToNeS

• Headed to Jagged Pass and fought a trainer there.
  • Humpback died to a Magnitude from a Numel.
  • Defeated the rest of the trainers there.
  • Headed to Lavaridge Town and got myself an Egg from an Old Lady.
  • Defeated Flannery with just my Gullwings.
  • Got myself the GoGo Goggles and headed for the desert.
  • Caught myself a Baltoy and named it BeyBlade.
  • Trained it til lvl29.
  • Headed all the way back to Petalberg City.
  • Defeated the trainers there but not Norman.
  • Sent out my Armstrong against his Slaking and I almost won however Slaking's Facade took out my Armstrong in 1 hit.
  • Baltoy finished the job Armstrong started by using Psybeam.
  • Vigoroth killed my Beyblade with Slash.
  • I decided to use Supersonic unfortunately Vigoroth used Encore so I couldn't attack him at all. Vigoroth spammed Slash which ended this challenge. GAME OVER

P.S: I would start again but perhaps another time.

Boxed
;292; Shedinja - Lvl20
;263; HMSlave - Lvl13

Grave
;261; Doge - Lvl11
;309; Gigavolt - Lvl12
;294; Subwoofer - Lvl22
;304; Mechasaur - Lvl24
;218; Flameon - Lvl26
;291; Debugger - Lvl25
;279; Gullwings - Lvl31
;286; ArmStrong - Lvl29
;322; HumpBack - Lvl23
;343; Beyblade - Lvl30

Lorde

I talked to Celio once I arrived on One Island and I left the Pokemon Center after healing my Pokemon. I was given the opportunity to wander around the island, so I headed to Treasure Beach to collect items and battle some wild Pokemon. After taking care of stuff there, I headed over to Kindle Road. I battled some trainers when I arrived there and I battled a Ponyta and Meowth. I battled some more trainers near Ember Spa and then I entered it. I walked into the hot springs and my Pokemon were healed. I got the Rock Smash HM from a man inside and then I went back outside. I battled all the trainers in the area, so I went north to Mt. Ember afterwards in order to explore it and battle some of the wild Pokemon.

;003; - Celery Lv. 48
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 45
;034; - Quill Lv. 45
;075; - Rocky Lv. 45
;064; - Casey Lv. 44

ToNeS

I've decided to start again with new sets of rules covered in bold.

• No Starter Pokemon.
  • TM's are allowed.
  • Battle Style is Set.
  • No Rare Candies.
  • Only 1 pokemon encountered per route, however if a pokemon you already caught has been encountered again then the area isn't considered locked until another pokemon appears.
  • Once a pokemon faints, it's considered dead so it's permanently boxed.

• Picked Mudkip as a starter (since the Rival's pokemon would be Treeco and grass type pokemon have a lot of weaknesses).
  • Got myself pokeballs and headed towards the first route.
  • Caught myself a Wurmple and named it Wrigley's (a pun on the word wriggle and the brand name of chewing gum).
  • Released my starter pokemon.
  • Trained Wrigley's to 7 and it evolved into Silcoon.
  • Caught a Zigzagoon in the route above Oldale Town.
  • Nicknamed it HMTool.
  • Caught myself a Seedot in the route west of Oldale Town.
  • Nicknamed it Nuzlocke.
  • Nuzlocke died to a critical hit Tackle TWICE from a Poochyena.
  • Got through to Petalburg Woods and caught myself a Lonely natured Shroomish. Nicknamed it Boxer.
  • Trained Wrigley's to 10 and it evolved into Beautifly.
  • Trained Boxer to 10 as well.
  • Healed and saved at Petalburg City.
  • Went through the woods and evolved my Silcoon into Beautifly.
  • Headed to the route above Rustboro City and found a Tailow.
  • Used Stun Spore on it with Boxer and switched with Wrigley's.
  • I decided to use Gust to weaken it but it was a critical hit instead. RAGE!!!!!
  • Headed towards Rusturf Tunnel and caught a Brave natured Whismur and named it LoudMouth. AW YEAH!!!
  • Went back to Rustboro City to heal and save there.

My team so far:
;267; Wrigley's - Lvl13
;285; Boxer - Lvl13
;293; LoudMouth - Lvl6
;263; HMTool - Lvl2

Grave
;273; Nuzlocke - Lvl3

Last edited:

Lorde

I climbed Mt. Ember and battled trainers for some extra experience on the outer portion of the volcano. I also battled against some of the wild Pokemon outside, then I found the entrance to the inner portion of Mt. Ember. I battled some Machop and Geodude inside, then I headed around the crater until I reached the other side of the cavern. I climbed some more and I reached the mountain's summit. I pushed some boulders around and I found Moltres. I decided to challenge it to a battle and soon I managed to get its HP down to the red zone and eventually it fainted and I climbed back down and headed to Two Island next. I wandered along Cape Brink and caught a wild Golduck and nicknamed it Willis and saved.

;003; - Celery Lv. 50
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 46
;034; - Quill Lv. 46
;075; - Rocky Lv. 46
;064; - Casey Lv. 45
;055; - Willis Lv. 40

ToNeS

• Trained a bit more and defeated Roxanne.
  • Saved an old man's Wingull and headed off the Dewford Town.
  • Retrieved the goods and gave it back. I got myself a PokeNav afterwards.
  • Went into the cave and caught myself a Makuhita. Nicknamed it E.Honda (a reference to Street Fighter).
  • Trained my pokemon a bit more and reached Steven.
  • Took on Brawly's Gym.
  • I lost E.Honda from a critical hit Karate Chop from a Machop.
  • Defeated Brawly and headed to Slateport.
  • Saved on the beach.

My team so far:
;267; Wrigley's - Lvl17
;285; Boxer - Lvl17
;293; LoudMouth - Lvl16
;263; HMTool - Lvl2

Grave
;273; Nuzlocke - Lvl3
;296; E.Honda - Lvl14

Lorde

I went to Three Island and wandered towards Bond Bridge. I battled some trainers in the area and I eventually reached Berry Forest. I entered the forest and I collected some berries that were scattered throughout the forest ground. I battled some wild Pokemon as I moved around the tall grass, then I reached pond that I could Surf over. I did that, then I reached a place with some small trees that could be cut down. I cut them and I found an item. I continued to travel around the forest and I reached the very end and I found Lostelle. As I reached her, a wild Hypno appeared out of nowhere and I had to battled against it. I managed to defeat it easily and then I left the forest with Lostelle. I saved on Three Island.

;003; - Celery Lv. 50
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 47
;034; - Quill Lv. 47
;075; - Rocky Lv. 46
;064; - Casey Lv. 46
;055; - Willis Lv. 42

ToNeS

• Trained in the grass near Slateport City to evolve both my Loudmouth and Boxer.
  • Caught Electrike and named it Lightning (a reference to FF13).
  • Defeated a bunch of trainers along the way towards Mauville City.
  • Defeated the Trick Master.
  • Beated Wally and entered the Gym.
  • Defeated Wattson and got the badge.
  • Decided to release Wrigley's to replace it for a stronger pokemon afterwards.
  • Beated the trainers in the route between Vendanturf Town and Mauville City.
  • Made my way through Jagged Path and through the ashy route to Fallarbour Town.
  • Defeated the trainers along the way towards Meteor Falls but my Electrike died to a Magnitude 10 by a Hiker's Geodude.
  • Reached Meteor Falls and then went back to Jagged Path to defeat Team Magmar Leader Maxie.
  • Afterwards I reached Jagged Path again and caught myself a Numel which I named it Stoner (because it looks stoned).
  • Headed back to Mauville City to train Stoner.
  • Smashed the rock in Rusturf Tunnel and obtained the HM Strength.

My team so far:
;286; Boxer - Lvl29
;294; LoudMouth - Lvl29
;322; Stoner - Lvl22
;263; HMTool - Lvl2

Grave
;273; Nuzlocke - Lvl3
;296; E.Honda - Lvl14
;309; Lightning - Lvl20

Lorde

Since I had done all the tasks on the Sevii Islands, I headed back to One Island and I entered the Pokemon Center. Celio's machine was running smoothly, so it was time to return to Kanto. I headed back and I made my way to Viridian City since I needed to win the Earth Badge. I shopped for some items at Cinnabar Island, then I Surfed north to Pallet Town. I battled trainers along the sea route, then I arrived in Pallet Town. I talked to Professor Oak and I headed to Viridian City by travelling along Route 1. I healed my Pokemon at the PC, then I entered the Viridian City Gym which was finally unlocked since its Gym Leader had returned. I battled two Gym trainers inside and then I saved the game again afterwards.

;003; - Celery Lv. 51
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 48
;034; - Quill Lv. 48
;075; - Rocky Lv. 47
;064; - Casey Lv. 47
;055; - Willis Lv. 44

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Ok, I'm taking a short break from training on my Soul Silver Nuzlocke. I've decided to start a Nuzlocke run on Emerald that I bought a month and a half ago but haven't actually played yet.(Kind of surprised the Internal Battery hasn't run dry)

My rules:
1 Can only cath the first Pokemon you encounter in each new area.
2 If the first encounter is one you've caught before, you can ignore it and try a second encounter
3 If a Pokemon faints it's considered dead and must be released.

-I picked Mudkip as my starter and defeated the Zigzagoon and saved Prof. Birch.
-Gave my Mudkip the nickname John and set out to battle May on Route 103.
-When I arrived on Route 102 I battled May and defeated her.
-Returning back to Prof. Birch's Lab I received my Pokedex and Pokeballs.
-Now with my Pokeballs my Nuzlocke Challenge has officially begun.
-On Route 101 and encounter my first wild Pokemon, and it's a Wurmple which I named Sam.
-Passing by Oldale Town for a quick heal I head up to Route 103.
-While on Route 103 I found a Zigzagoon and named him Ron.
-Now with 3 Pokemon on hand I head towards Route 102.
-While on Route 102 I found a Poochyena and named him Max.
-I continue on Route 102 to meet my Dad at Petalburg City.

Team
;258; John -Lv 7
;261; Max -Lv 3
;263; Zigzagoon -Lv 3
;265; Sam -Lv 3

Lorde

I finally challenged Giovanni and he sent out his Rhyhorn first. I defeated it easily with Willis, then I switched to Celery when Giovanni sent out his Dugtrio. I had Celery use Frenzy Plant and Dugtrio fainted. Giovanni then sent out his Nidoqueen and I used Pigeon against it. I thought that it could handle Nidoqueen, but Nidoqueen proved to be too powerful. I had to swap Pokemon to Rocky and I defeated Giovanni's Nidoqueen with it. I then faced off against Giovanni's second Rhyhorn and I used Celery again. I managed to defeat it with Giga Drain, then only Giovanni's Nidoking remained. I used Willis and I defeated Nidoking. I defeated Giovanni and he handed me the Earth Badge and the TM containing Earthquake.

;003; - Celery Lv. 51
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 49
;034; - Quill Lv. 48
;075; - Rocky Lv. 48
;064; - Casey Lv. 47
;055; - Willis Lv. 45

ToNeS

• Headed towards Jagged Path.
  • Encountered a Hiker whose Baltoy Self-destructed on my Stoner with a critical hit.
  • Went straight back to Mauville City to rock smash the rock.
  • Caught myself a Geodude and named it Tiny (a reference to a character in Dota 2).
  • Trained Tiny and then headed for Flannery's Gym.
  • Got myself an egg from an eldery lady in Laveridge Town.
  • Loudmouth died to Flannery's Torkoal who used Overheat.
  • After a long match I finally won and Tiny evolved into Graveler.
  • Got the goggles and headed for the desert to get myself the Claw Fossil.
  • Revived the fossil at Rustboro City and got Anorith. Nicknamed it Critter.
  • Headed back to Fiery Path to train there.

My team so far:
;286; Boxer - Lvl30
;075; Tiny - Lvl27
;347; Critter - Lvl20
;263; HMTool - Lvl2

Grave
;273; Nuzlocke - Lvl3
;296; E.Honda - Lvl14
;309; Lightning - Lvl20
;294; LoudMouth - Lvl30

Last edited:

Lorde

After I obtained the Earth Badge, I headed out to the Viridian City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I then visited the Poke Mart and I bought some items. I then headed south to Pallet Town to talk to Professor Oak again. Once I had finished all the minor tasks there, I headed back to Viridian City and I went west to the gates to Victory Road. I met my rival as I was heading west and he requested a battle with me. I battled against hi and I had a hard time against his Charizard. Willis wasn't able to defeat it, so I had to use Rocky against it. Once Charizard and all of my rival's other Pokemon had been defeated, I healed at the Viridian City Pokemon Center one more time, then I walked through the Pokemon League gate.

;003; - Celery Lv. 52
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 50
;034; - Quill Lv. 49
;075; - Rocky Lv. 49
;064; - Casey Lv. 48
;055; - Willis Lv. 46

ToNeS

• Headed back to Petalburg City.
  • Fought against Norman but once again, misfortune struck.
  • Defeated his first Slaking and his Vigoroth with no problems whatsoever but his second Slaking kept spamming Yawn and then Focus Punch which wiped out my team.

I am genuinely getting fed up with this challenge however I am not giving up yet.

Grave
;273; Nuzlocke - Lvl3
;296; E.Honda - Lvl14
;309; Lightning - Lvl20
;294; LoudMouth - Lvl30
;286; Boxer - Lvl30
;075; Tiny - Lvl30
;347; Critter - Lvl24

Lorde

I had to pass through checkpoints on my way to Victory Road. I met some guards who checked my Gym badges and I had to Surf across a lake and then I finally reached the entrance to Victory Road and I entered the cave there. I wandered around a bit and I encountered a wild Onix. I captured it for use later on and then I started to push a boulder around. I managed to unlock a new area of the cave once I had pushed the boulder on top of a button, then I battled against a trainer. My Pokemon were able to defeat his Pokemon easily, then I moved around to look for more items and more trainers. I battled my way around the first section of Victory Road and then I saved the game as I arrived at another boulder.

;003; - Celery Lv. 53
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 50
;034; - Quill Lv. 50
;075; - Rocky Lv. 49
;064; - Casey Lv. 49
;055; - Willis Lv. 47

ToNeS

Starting again on the Nuzlocke and this time hopefully I should be able to complete this one.

• No Starter Pokemon.
  • TM's are allowed.
  • Battle Style is Shift.
  • No Rare Candies.
  • Only 1 pokemon encountered per route, however if a pokemon you already caught has been encountered again then the area isn't considered locked until another pokemon appears.
  • Once a pokemon faints, it gets released.

• Chose Mudkip as a starter and beated my rival.
  • Got myself pokeballs and caught myself a Zigzagoon. Nicknamed it HMSlave.
  • Went on another route above Oldale Town and caught myself a Poochyena. Nicknamed it Doge (again).
  • Caught a Wurmple in the route west of Oldale Town. Forgot to nickname it.
  • Headed for Petalburg City and healed there.
  • Went to the gym and helped Wally catch a Ralts.
  • Trained Wurmple to a Silcoon.
  • Accidentally got Silcoon killed by a Wingull (it took two turns instead of one).
  • Went towards the route west of Petalburg City and caught a Wingull. Nicknamed it KillBill (a reference to the movie and the word Bill meaning the top part of the beak).

My team so far:
;261; Doge - Lvl8
;278; KillBill - Lvl8
;263; HMSlave - Lvl3

Released
;266; Silcoon - Lvl7