• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I continued to move around Victory Road and I battled more trainers. I had to heal my Pokemon with items because they were getting injured with every battle, then I headed towards a new part of Victory Road. It was the last area that I had to navigate through and I eventually found the cave's exit. I battled one last time and then I arrived at the Pokemon League HQ. I entered the building and I healed my Pokemon. I then bought some more healing items for later. I went back to Victory Road afterwards and I did some grinding since my Pokemon needed to level up more for the Elite Four battles. After an hour of grinding, I returned to the Pokemon League building and I saved before continuing.

;003; - Celery Lv. 56
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 53
;034; - Quill Lv. 53
;075; - Rocky Lv. 53
;064; - Casey Lv. 52
;055; - Willis Lv. 51

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
-Making my way through Route 102 fighting trainers then reaching Petalburg City.
-Having made it to Petalburg City I visit the Gym to see my Dad. While talking Wally comes in and I get talked into helping him catch his first Pokemon.
-After getting jealous of Wally finding a Ralts on his first try we reutrn back to Petalburg's Gym.
-Now I continue on my journey entering Route 104, I found a Marill and named him Timmy.
-While doing a little bit of training Sam evolved into Cascoon.
-I made my way to Petalburg Woods, the first encounter was a Cascoon but luckily the second encounter was a Shroomish that I named Lee.
-While in Petalburg Woods I protect a guy from a Team Aqua Grunt, it was no trouble at all for Lee.
-I came out on the other side of Route 104 and while crossing the bridge I have my first double battle
-I made my way into Rustburo City and first stopped at the Pokemon Center.
-Then made my way to Route 116 the first encounter was a Poochyena, the second was a Nincada and named her Luna.
-I decided to take on Rustburo City Gym, while taking on the trainers inside Sam evolved into Dustox.
-I reach the end and take on Roxanne.
Johan takes out her Geodude easier with Water Gun. She sends out another Geodude and I decide to keep John on the field. Another Water Gun takes out the Geodude and last is her Nosepass I decided to switch to Lee. I started by setting up Leech Seed then use Stun Spore. I then started spamming Absorb. When Nosepass first lost about half it's health it ate an Oran Berry, then when it was almost dead Roxanne used a Potion. An again used another Potion most annoying thing ever. Finally Leech Seed and Absorb took down her Nosepass and I earned my first Gym Badge.

-As I exit out of the Gym I witness Team Aqua running away towards Route 116 having stolen a guy's Goods!

Team
;258; John -Lv 13
;261; Max -Lv 9
;263; Zigzagoon -Lv 9
;269; Sam -Lv 10
;285; Lee -Lv 13
;183; Timmy -Lv 9

Lorde

I entered Lorelei's room and battled her. She sent out her Dewgong and I used Celery. I managed to defeat Lorelei's Dewgong with Giga Drain, then she sent out her Cloyster. I used Celery's Frenzy Plant attack against it and then Cloyster fainted too. Lorelei sent out her Lapras afterwards and I used Rocky. I thought its Rock Tomb attack would come in handy, but Lorelei's Lapras didn't faint. I had to use Celery against Lapras to beat it. I switched to Quill when Lorelei sent out her Jynx and I defeated Jynx with Megahorn. I then used Celery again when Lorelei sent out her Slowbro and I defeated Slowbro with Giga Drain. I healed my team after I defeated Lorelei and I saved the game before moving on to the next room.

;003; - Celery Lv. 57
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 53
;034; - Quill Lv. 54
;075; - Rocky Lv. 54
;064; - Casey Lv. 53
;055; - Willis Lv. 51

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
-I caught up with the guy and he told me the Aqua grunt stole his Goods and headed onto Route 116.
-I headed through Route 116 and met an Old man standing infront of a cave.
-He told me that the Aqua grunt took his beloved Wingull and ran inside Rusturf Tunnel.
-While inside the Cave I found a Whismur and named him Echo.
-Further in the tunnel I found the Aqua Grunt and I beat him, got the Devon Goods and saved the Wingull.
-I made my way back to Rustburo City and gave back the stolen Devon Goods.
-He was grateful by giving me another Great Ball and then introduing me to the President of the Devon Corporation Mr. Stone.
-I received a Letter to be delivered to Steven in Dewford and received the PokeNav.
-While leaving Rustburo City I met up with May and had a battle, came pretty close to losing Max.
-I talked to Mr. Briney and he gave me a lift to Dewford Town so that I can deliver the Letter to Steven.
-After arriving at Dewford Town I made my way to Granite Cave to find Steven.
-I found an Aron while exploring and while trying to catch it Ron died by a Crit, I named him Mechadon.

Team
;258; John -Lv 14
;261; Max -Lv 11
;269; Sam -Lv 10
;285; Lee -Lv 15
;183; Timmy -Lv 10

Death Box
;263; Ron -Lv 3-11

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Since I plan on using Alpha Sapphire as my main Hoenn region playthrough game, I decided to start a Nuzlocke on my Sapphire game cart. I also took the female character as I always play as the boy in my main playthrough.

- You may only catch the first Pokémon of each route/location. If this Pokémon faints or if you run away from it, you won't be able to catch any Pokémon from the route/location. Exceptions may happen with the duplicate clause;
- Duplicate Clause: If the first Pokémon encountered in the first location is a Pokémon who is or belongs to the same family as a Pokémon actually alive, then you may have 3 other chances of encounter.
- You must nickname all obtained Pokémon.
- You must permanently place in the PC the Pokémon that faints during battle and never use it again.
- If a shiny Pokémon is encountered, the restrictive catching rule is nullified. A caught shiny does not prevent a Pokémon from the same species to be caught later on, as it is considered as a "never-happened" event.
- The use of items is allowed at any time, as well as the Pokémon Center.

So far, I don't have any badges and I am still at the point where I figure out how to organize my team. And I've got some pretty lucky catches, to be honest! I started my journey with a Treecko and named it Randall, after my salamander. Since then, I caught a Wurmple who is actually a Dustox (YES!) on Route 101, accidently killed a wild Zigzagoon on Route 103, caught a Poochyena on Route 102, caught a Tailow on Route 104 and just now, I caught a Slakoth (!!!) in Petalburg Woods after my duplicate clause activating on a wild Wurmple. I really want to train him because, as a Vigoroth, he might be the only chance I have to defeat Wattson later on, but the training is, so far, really tedious, as Truant is giving me a hard time...
At the moment, I have yet to go through Petalburg Woods and I won't get back there until Slakoth is at a level where it can survive on its own. Currently leveling him up on earlier routes. For now, taking down Lotad locked on Astonish seems to be the best method.

...​

LATER: After training Storm up to level 10, I went through Petalburg Woods without breaking a sweat and defeated the trainers near the Flower Shop, where I also got few berries, a Wailmer Pail and the useful TM Bullet Seed. Now here I am, on Route 116 (to Rustboro's right), training my team for the very first gym! I was also happy to get another Pokémon on that route but something pretty annoying happened. First encounter was a Tailow. "All right; duplicate clause, I have 3 more shots!". Then a Tailow, another Tailow, and even the third encounter following the initial Tailow ended up being a Tailow... Unfortunately for me, I had to resign and skip this one out! I really wanted a Nincada, it could've come in handy against Wattson...

Current team
252.png
- Randall ♂ - Overgrow - Level 14
269.png
- Fayy ♂ - Shield Dust - Level 11
276.png
- Jet ♂ - Guts - Level 11
287.png
- Storm ♂ - Truant - Level 11

Alive members in the box
261.png
- Shadow ♂ - Run Away - Level 8

Dead members
-

I won't lie to you guys by saying that I wished for all the members I caught (aside of Storm and Fayy if he ended up as a Dustox) to be female but ended up male. And, ironically enough, the Zigzagoon I accidently killed was female... :rolleyes: But I love the look of my team. It's varied and I honestly can't believe I got a 10% Tailow and a 5% Slakoth. Only needed a Ralts or a Surskit and I'd be breathless!

Last edited:

Lorde

I entered Bruno's room and the battle began. He sent out his Onix and I used my Celery against it. I was able to defeat it with Giga Drain, then Bruno sent out his Hitmonlee. I swapped out to Pigeon and I attacked it with Aerial Ace. Sadly, that wasn't enough to beat Hitmonlee. Hitmonlee attacked with Brick Break, but Pigeon's second Aerial Ace defeated it. I had to battle against Bruno's Hitmonchan afterwards and I defeated it with Fly. I swapped out to Willis after that and I used it against Machamp. Its Psychic attacks defeated Bruno's Machamp after a while and then only Bruno's second Onix was left. I used Willis's Surf attack to defeat the Onix and then I healed my Pokemon before going into Agatha's room.

;003; - Celery Lv. 57
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 54
;034; - Quill Lv. 54
;075; - Rocky Lv. 54
;064; - Casey Lv. 53
;055; - Willis Lv. 53

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Yesterday night, I managed to level up all my party to level 15, even though Storm took more time than the others. Not only does he demand a lot of experience, but Truant also made things more difficult. But once he reached level 14, he destroyed everything in its way with a single Scratch.
Entering Roxanne's Gym, Randall proceeded to defeat the two youngsters in it (Fayy and Jet being weak to Rock and Storm only knowing Scratch, I didn't have much choice). Randall ended up evolving and learned Pursuit in the process. As I face Roxanne, Randall used a single Absorb to take down her Geodude, but Nosepass was harder than I initially thought. Nonetheless, it took two Bullet Seed and one Absorb to finish it. The Stone Badge is mine!
My bad luck kept on running after that. I went in th Rusturf Tunnel to get the goods, Peeko and a new partner. While retrieving the goods and Peeko was an easy task, Fayy's Tackle and Poison Sting combination ended up being too strong for the wild male Whismur, making my Rusturf Tunnel catch a failure. I unfortunately also had to teach Randall the HM Cut, but I promised myself I would take it off as soon as I reach the move deleter.

After a trip with Mr. Briney to Dewford, I prepared myself for a catch in Granite Cave. I sneakily put a Repel on so I could get to the second floor and try to get a Aron, but I encountered instead... a Zubat. I wasn't very interested in it but I still caught it as a backup if Jet was to ever die (Fly can be quite useful). With Jet and Fayy in the party, it'd be stupid to have a Flying- and Poison type like Zubat in the team. Good thing is, though, that she is my first female team member. Nicknamed her Eska and put her in the PC.
As Storm was about to evolve, I trained him within the Granite Cave after I delivered Steven's Letter and obtained the TM Steel Wing. He only needed to take down one more wild Pokémon to evolve when a level 10 Makuhita used (to my big surprise) the Focus Energy and Arm Thrust combination. Luckily, it ended up doing two hits without a critical hit. That was the most stressful moment I've had in this Nuzlocke yet. He soon evolved into a strong Vigoroth and let me tell that the effort was worth the wait!

Current team
253.png
- Randall ♂ - Overgrow - Level 17
269.png
- Fayy ♂ - Shield Dust - Level 17
276.png
- Jet ♂ - Guts - Level 16
288.png
- Storm ♂ - Vital Spirit - Level 18

Alive members in the box (backup)
261.png
041.png
- Eska ♀ - Inner Focus - Level 9

Dead members
-

Now I'm on for a quick training of my team to level 18 for my fight against Brawly! :)
I also better start to be more careful with wild Pokémon... I lost two (one of them was a Whismur!) because my Pokémon were too strong and one because it kept being a duplicate...

Last edited:

Lorde

I went inside Agatha's room at the Pokemon League; she talked about Professor Oak and then we began to battle. She sent out her her first Gengar and I used Willis against it. I defeated Gengar pretty easily with Psychic, then I had to face off against her Golbat. I used Rocky's Rock Tomb against it and Agatha's Golbat fainted. She sent out her Haunter afterwards and I attacked it with Willis's Psychic attack. It didn't faint though and it used Mean Look to keep Willis in the battle. I defeated it eventually though after healing and I used Quill against Agatha's Arbok. I defeated Arbok easily with an Earthquake attack and then I used Casey's Shadow Ball attack against Agatha's second Gengar. I saved after the battle.

;003; - Celery Lv. 57
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 54
;034; - Quill Lv. 55
;075; - Rocky Lv. 54
;064; - Casey Lv. 54
;055; - Willis Lv. 54

Everlasting

Everything stays.
This morning, after a quick training, Jet single-handedly defeated both of Brawly's Pokémon with a couple of Wing Attack. The Knuckle Badge is mine!
I then went through the usual stuff; travelled to Slateport City, bought a few items, had a good amount of battle on Slateport's beach and obviously delivered to Captain Stern the goods after a cold meeting with Archie and his grunts at the museum. On Route 110, I caught a wild Gulpin, nicknamed him Carpey and sent it to the PC. After facing multiple trainers on the route and going through the Trick House's first level of tricks, I had a quick, easy fight with my rival Brendan.
I then arrived in Mauville City. I picked up a bike and had a one-turn fight with frail Wally in front of the gym (Storm). After defeating the trainers on both Route 118 and 117, I proceeded to have my catch on Route 117, which ended up being a Zigzagoon. I nicknamed her Anna and kept her for a short time for Pickup purposes. Nothing impressive happened in Verdanturf, maybe aside of getting the TM Attract and my Contest Pass.

I trained up my team up to level 24 (or so; Jet also evolved while grinding) and started thinking about my battle against Wattson, which seemed to be, so far, the biggest obstacle in my Nuzlocke. I equipped Vigoroth with Rock Smash and made up a strategy to turn around Magneton's incredible Defense. The battle was really stressful. How do you expect me to react to a guy who's team ace resists all of my STABs and has a Pokémon who can explode anytime ?
Magnemite was no big deal (three Rock Smash with Defense drops). I then sent out Jet against Voltorb. I knew it was risky but I had to try to kill it with him if I wanted to have a chance against Magneton. After a Quick Attack, Voltorb used Spark on it, which brought Jet down to yellow. Another Quick Attack was, fortunately, enough to take it out. Against Magneton, I sent out Randall so I could use Screech three times on it. When this was done, I sent out Fayy to heal up Storm. As Fayy lived Magneton's powerful Shock Wave, I switched out for Storm, who managed to snag a kill with two Rock Smash (it was much harder than I make it seem). The Dynamo Badge is mine!
I quickly got to Verdanturf so I could teach Storm the HM Strength. Now my baby's destroying everything in its path!

My encounter on Route 112 ended up being a Machop. Nicknamed him Jake and sent him to the PC. I hate the Machop line, and I have no intentions in using one in my challenge. I so wanted a Numel! Ah well, I guess I have two more tries- oh no, wait! Only one left because my Fiery Path catch was a Grimer! :( Nicknamed that bugger Slimy and sent it to the PC right away.

Current team
253.png
- Randall ♂ - Overgrow - Level 25
269.png
- Fayy ♂ - Shield Dust - Level 25
277.png
- Jet ♂ - Guts - Level 24
288.png
- Storm ♂ - Vital Spirit - Level 26

261.png
041.png
316.png
- Carpey ♂ - Sticky Hold - Level 12
263.png
- Anna ♀ - Pickup - Level 15
066.png
- Jake ♂ - Guts - Level 16
088.png
- Slimy ♂ - Stench - Level 16

Dead members
-

I am kinda impressed I didn't lose any Pokémon against Wattson. I really expected to at least lose someone. So far, no deaths, and I hope I can keep this up! :p

Last edited:

Lorde

I moved on to Lance's room and we battled. He sent out his Gyarados and I used Rocky against it. I defeated Lance's Gyarados with a critical hit Rock Tomb and then I swapped out to Willis when Lance sent out his first Dragonair. Willis hit Dragonair with a Blizzard attack and Dragonair fainted. I switched to Rocky after that and I faced off against Lance's Dragonite. I had it use Rock Tomb, but that didn't make Dragonite faint. I had to use Casey and Pigeon to defeat Lance's Dragonite, then I used Celery against Lance's second Dragonair. I defeated Dragonair and then I used Willis against Lance's Aerodactyl. I managed to hit Aerodactyl with a strong Surf attack and it fainted. I saved the game after I defeated Lance.

;003; - Celery Lv. 58
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 55
;034; - Quill Lv. 55
;075; - Rocky Lv. 55
;064; - Casey Lv. 55
;055; - Willis Lv. 55

ToNeS

• Headed into Petalburg Woods and caught a Shroomish. Nicknamed it Stretchy (due to its final evolution form having stretchy arms)
  • Went to the route east of Rustboro City and caught myself a Nincada. Forgot to nickname it.
  • Trained my pokemon a bit more before I face Roxanne.
  • Defeated Roxanne with Stretchy.
  • Got back the stolen goods from a Team Magma grunt.
  • Saved Peeko.
  • Got myself a PokeNav.
  • Headed back to Mr.Briney's house and set sail for Dewford.
  • Got into Granite Cave and caught Aron. Nicknamed it Godzilla.
  • Delivered the letter to Steven and got a Steel Wing TM.
  • Went to Slateport to rename my pokemon.
  • Renamed Doge to Suarez (a reference to what he's done in the world cup xD)
  • Renamed Nincada to BedBug.
  • Headed back to Dewford and saved there.

My team so far:
;261; Saurez- Lvl13
;278; KillBill - Lvl14
;285; Stretchy - Lvl15
;290; BedBug- Lvl10
;304; Godzilla - Lvl10
;263; HMSlave - Lvl3

Released
;266; Silcoon - Lvl7

Lorde

I entered the Champion's room and I battled my rival. He sent out his Pidgeot and it fainted from Rocky's Rock Tomb. My rival then sent out his Rhydon and I used Willis's Surf to defeat it. I sent out Pigeon when my rival sent out Exeggutor and I defeated Exeggutor with Fly. I switched out to Quill when my rival sent out his Alakazam and I managed to defeat Alakazam with Quill's Megahorn. I swapped out to Willis again when my rival used his Charizard and I defeated it with a couple of Surf attacks. I only had to battle against Gyarados after that and I defeated it with Celery and Casey's attacks. I defeated my rival and Professor Oak registered me and my Pokemon into the Hall of Fame. I then saved after the credits.

;003; - Celery Lv. 59
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 56
;034; - Quill Lv. 55
;075; - Rocky Lv. 56
;064; - Casey Lv. 55
;055; - Willis Lv. 56

Everlasting

Everything stays.
After going through the Fiery Path and catching Slimy, I got the TM Secret Power, who might be useful in the future, and got on Route 113, where I caught a wild Spinda. I nicknamed her Daisy and even though I really wanted to use this little one, I realized her stats aren't really great and I could sense an eventual death (which I don't want to happen, of course), so I decided to box her instead (she stays on my prime list, though!). I then encountered Lanette in Fallarbor Town, got the TM Dig and TM Roar on Route 114 and caught a wild Swablu that I nicknamed Jaelle.
My luck ran out in Meteor Falls as four Zubat appeared consecutively, meaning I couldn't catch a Pokémon in here. Now that I think of it, I should've simply put some repel to come back later for a possible Bagon, oh well. I met with Maxie in Meteor Falls along with some Team Aqua grunts, as well as Professor Cosmo and his meteorite. I then turned back and headed to Mt. Chimney.

Once on top of Mt. Chimney, I defeated two Team Aqua grunts and then faced Archie himself. He proved to be a threat for my team and I got kinda scared in the middle of it. Thankfully, my Pokémon managed to take them all down and I retrieved the meteorite after a short speech from Maxie.
On my way down to Lavaridge Town, I encountered a female (!!!) Numel (YES!), which I happily added to my party. She was nicknamed Ariana. Honestly, this (female) Numel was probably the Pokémon I was waiting for the most from the start of this Nuzlocke. So I avoided the trainers on Jagged Pass and headed to Route 117, where I could train my underlevelled Numel, Ariana, without fearing any death (because I'm not letting my precious Ariana die, oh no!).

Current team
253.png
- Randall ♂ - Overgrow - Level 28
269.png
- Fayy ♂ - Shield Dust - Level 28
277.png
- Jet ♂ - Guts - Level 27
288.png
- Storm ♂ - Vital Spirit - Level 28
322.png
- Ariana ♀ - Oblivious - Level 21

261.png
041.png
316.png
263.png
066.png
088.png
327.png
- Daisy ♀ - Own Tempo - Level 14
333.png
- Jaelle ♀ - Natural Cure - Level 17

Deceased members
-

Last edited:

Lorde

I decided to start working on the post-Elite Four stuff. I woke up in my house in Pallet Town and I headed over to Professor Oak's lab to talk to him. I met my rival there and Professor Oak asked both of us to help him with the National Pokedex. Our Pokedexes were upgraded, then I set out to Vermilion City. I took the ferry to One Island and I talked to Celio. He needed help finding the two gems for his network machine, so I Surfed to Kindle Road. I battled some Pokemon , and then I healed at the Ember Spa. I then Surfed towards Mt. Ember. I got there and I discovered a cave that had recently been created. I entered it and I wandered around the maze of tunnels for a while. I encountered wild Pokemon inside.

;003; - Celery Lv. 60
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 56
;034; - Quill Lv. 56
;075; - Rocky Lv. 56
;064; - Casey Lv. 55
;055; - Willis Lv. 56

ToNeS

• Went inside Granite Cave and got myself HM Flash.
  • Caught myself an Aron another floor of the cave.
  • Nicknamed it Godzilla.
  • Delivered the letter to Steven and got a TM Steel Wing.
  • Went to fight the trainers in Dewford City gym but BedBug died to a critical hit Confusion by a Meditite.
  • Decided to head to Slateport and train my pokemon there.
  • Caught myself a Guplin in the grassy area above Slateport City.
  • Nicknamed it Glutton.
  • Defeated all of the trainers on the beach and in the beach house.
  • Got myself 6 Soda Pops for beating them and ended up buying more.
  • Headed back to Dewford City gym.
  • Defeated Brawley with my KillBill.
  • Went back to Slateport to heal and save there.

My team so far:
;261; Saurez- Lvl16
;278; KillBill - Lvl18
;285; Stretchy - Lvl17
;304; Godzilla - Lvl12
;316; Glutton - Lvl12
;263; HMSlave - Lvl3

Dead
;266; Silcoon - Lvl7
;290; BedBug- Lvl11

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I haven't done much progress since my last update, but better make it less heavy when comes the next one. Here goes!
After training Ariana and Jet on Route 117 and on Route 114, I headed to the Lavaridge Town Gym. I didn't bother picking up the Wynaut egg because I have already a lot of backup and I don't think Wynaut would be helpful in this Nuzlocke.
After Storm and Jet took out all the trainers of the Gym, I went to heal my team at the Pokémon Center and bought a couple of Super Potion on the safe side. The battle against Flannery started pretty well. Ariana took out the first Slugma with one Magnitude but it took three of them for Ariana to take out the second one, who unfortunately had the chance to set up a Sunny Day. As Torkoal was sent on the field, Ariana's Magnitude brought it down to over half of its health but a Body Slam from the hot turtle did way too much to my Ariana. I decided to heal her up and take another Body Slam so I could bring Storm safely as the sun was fading (my main worry was for one of my Pokémon to take a Overheat under the sun). Storm landed a lucky critical hit Strength after being hit by a third Body Slam, winning me the Heat Badge.

I had a quick encounter with Brendan after exiting the gym. He gave me the Go-Goggles, which came in handy later when I entered the desert on the near route. A wild Cacnea ended up being my catch on Route 111, much to my displeasure (I was really hoping for a Trapinch). I nicknamed her Azalea, then proceeded to pick the Claw Fossil while avoiding the trainers around.
Back in Rustboro City, I revived my Claw Fossil, which provided me with a female Anorith that I nicknamed Sigma.

I saved in the desert of Route 111, where I will later start training my team for the next gym located in Petalburg City.

EDIT: While testing out what would be Sigma's Hidden Power type, I ran into a wild female shiny Marill! It was so unexpected yet thrilling! I'm not counting it as a Pokémon part of my Nuzlocke. Let's just say it never happened. :p

Current team
253.png
- Randall ♂ - Overgrow - Level 28
269.png
- Fayy ♂ - Shield Dust - Level 28
277.png
- Jet ♂ - Guts - Level 28
288.png
- Storm ♂ - Vital Spirit - Level 29
322.png
- Ariana ♀ - Oblivious - Level 28

261.png
041.png
316.png
263.png
066.png
088.png
327.png
333.png
331.png
- Azalea ♀ - Sand Veil - Level 21
347.png
- Sigma ♀ - Battle Armor - Level 20

Deceased members
-

I was thinking about replacing Fayy with something more "built" for the challenge because I have the feeling Fayy will soon be overwhelmed by the trainers that await me after Norman. I am scared of loosing him, but at the same time, I want to use my first Pokémon caught in this Nuzlocke... If I do make such a decision, then Sigma will join the team and replace Fayy.

Last edited:

Lorde

I eventually reached the place where the Ruby was. I got that and then I headed back out. Once I was outside Mt. Ember, I flew to One Island. I entered the Pokemon Center there, and I handed Celio the Ruby. He gave me the Rainbow Pass which would allow me to visit the other islands. I took the ferry to Three Island afterwards and I access the cave that was near the port. I obtained a Nugget from the man inside the cave and then I headed out and I battled a wild Dunsparce in the tall grass. I headed into town after that and I purchased items at the local Poke Mart. I headed to Berry Forest afterwards and I collected some berries while I was there. I then saved at the Three Island Pokemon Center afterwards.

;003; - Celery Lv. 60
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 56
;034; - Quill Lv. 57
;075; - Rocky Lv. 56
;064; - Casey Lv. 56
;055; - Willis Lv. 56

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Yesterday night I started training for the gym, and I finished it this morning. After defeating all the trainers who resided in Norman's gym, I went to heal my Pokémon at the Pokémon Center and then challenged Norman for a battle.
As I sent out Storm, my father sent out his first Slaking. The face-off was relatively easy, as I was able to play around Slaking's loafing around turns by either using Rock Smash to reduce its defense or heal up with Slack Off. Storm was withdrawn after defeating the first Slaking and I sent out Randall against the second one, figuring using Screech against it would allow me to finish it off with more ease and confidence with Storm later.

It was the biggest mistake I have ever made.

The unthinkable happened. Slaking started tightening its focus as I used Screech. I simply whispered "No..." as I saw the Slaking taking out my Randall with a single Focus Punch... Sadden by the events, I sent out Storm to finish it off with a Rock Smash Strength combination. The last Vigoroth wasn't much of a deal afterwards...
And I thought I would make it all the way with my precious Randall! It is such a wrong way to start having deaths in a Nuzlocke... But I gotta keep going. That's what Randall would like me to do.
After receiving the Balance Badge, the TM Facade and having a short talk with my father, I exited the gym, depressed, and put Randall in my box dedicated for the fallen warriors. Rest in peace, my dear Randall. You did what you could...

R.I.P
RANDALL

I picked up Surf from Wally's family and added Azalea to the team as our new Grass type. Even though I'm quite eager at using her, it just feels wrong without Randall around... I also made the decision to keep Fayy around. Probably for the best if my first catch was there as Randall, my very first Pokémon, fell...
Lastly, my catch in Petalburg City ended up being a Marill that I nicknamed Cobra and sent to the PC.

Current team
269.png
- Fayy ♂ - Shield Dust - Level 31
277.png
- Jet ♂ - Guts - Level 31
288.png
- Storm ♂ - Vital Spirit - Level 32
322.png
- Ariana ♀ - Oblivious - Level 31
331.png

261.png
041.png
316.png
263.png
066.png
088.png
327.png
333.png
331.png
347.png
183.png
- Cobra ♂ - Huge Power - Level 22

Deceased members
253.png
- Randall ♂ - Overgrow - Level 5 to level 31

Right now, I'll be training Azalea so she can catch up with her fellow team members... Goodbye, Randall... :( Anna also temporarily joined the party for Pickup and Surf purposes.

Last edited:

Lorde

I left Three Island and I took the Seagallop ferry to Four Island and I visited the Day Care. I left two previously captured Pokemon there and then I wandered around town. I got a sticker on my Trainer Card thanks to a guy inside one of the houses and then I visited Lorelei of the Elite Four's house. There were dolls everywhere, but not much else. I bought some items at the Four Island Poke Mart and then I headed over to Icefall Cave. I entered the cave and I used Surf to travel on the water there and then I used Waterfall to climb the waterfall that led to the other caverns. I captured a wild Swinub with a Great Ball inside one of the caverns there and nicknamed it Sam and I saved the game before moving on.

;003; - Celery Lv. 60
;018; - Pigeon Lv. 56
;034; - Quill Lv. 57
;075; - Rocky Lv. 56
;064; - Casey Lv. 56
;055; - Willis Lv. 56

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So, after leaving Petalburg City, I did some random stuff before actually continuing on the right path to Fortree City.
I first went to New Mauville to turn off the generator and Wattson gave me the TM Thunderbolt. Caught a wild Voltorb while doing so that I nicknamed Sonic. I also went in the desert to train Azalea, who was killed by a Baltoy's Self-Destruct... I was so mad but sad, too... I really wanted to use her! :( The team would've looked so good with her in it...

R.I.P
AZALEA

Then, I caught a Magikarp that I nicknamed Stella on Route 108, a Wailmer that I nicknamed Wave on Route 109 (lucky Good Rod catch!) and visited the Abandoned Ship on Route 108, where I found the TM Ice Beam. I missed both my catches on Route 107 and 106, not that it matters too much. I picked up the TM Sludge Bomb in Dewford Town and then made a quick stop in Mauville City to buy the TM Psychic in the Game Corner. I taught both move to Fayy, which helped him a lot.
Wave the Wailmer joined the party as soon as I caught her. I trained her a little bit on Route 114 and once that was done, I tried to catch something on Route 115, but eventually failed after seeing four Tailow in a row (mh, doesn't that sound familiar ?).

I kind of thought I caught something on Route 118, so I fled from the wild Pokémon encountered there, meaning no new Pokémon for me. I defeated the trainers there and on Route 123, then headed to Route 119, where I caught a wild Oddish that I nicknamed Fresh. I made my way to the Weather Institute (with Ariana evolving as I battled the trainers), defeated Shelly and her grunts and recieved a Castform that I released right after obtaining it as Fresh was my Route 119 catch.

Current team
269.png
- Fayy ♂ - Shield Dust - Level 34
277.png
- Jet ♂ - Guts - Level 34
288.png
- Storm ♂ - Vital Spirit - Level 34
323.png
- Ariana ♀ - Magma Armor - Level 34
320.png
- Wave ♀ - Water Veil - Level 33

261.png
041.png
316.png
263.png
066.png
088.png
327.png
333.png
331.png
347.png
183.png
- Cobra ♂ - Huge Power - Level 22
100.png
- Sonic - Static - Level 24
129.png
- Stella ♀ - Swift Swim - Level 22
043.png
- Fresh ♀ - Chlorophyll - Level 27

Deceased members
253.png
- Randall ♂ - Overgrow - Level 5 to level 31 - Died to Norman's Slaking's Focus Punch (used Screech).
331.png
- Azalea ♀ - Sand Veil - Level 21 to level 23 - Died to a wild Baltoy's Self-Destruct.

Last edited: