• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I made my way around Mt. Moon and I battled trainers as well as wild Pokemon. I headed down steps and I eventually ran into some Team Rocket grunts who were looking for fossils inside the cavern or something and I battled against them as well. I continued to battle trainers and then I reached a spot with two fossils. I was going to pick one up but some Super Nerd class trainer appeared and he wanted to battle me for the fossils. I defeated his team easily and then I picked up the Helix Fossil. I headed towards the exit of Mt. Moon afterwards and then I arrived at Route 4. I headed towards Cerulean City and I finally arrived there. I healed my Pokemon at the Cerulean City Pokemon Center and then I saved.

;005; - Sparky Lv. 18
;019; - Fran Lv. 14
;129; - Eric Lv. 10
;074; - Cliff Lv. 14

ToNeS

• Surfed east of Mauville City and encountered Ty and Gabby and defeated them.
  • Got a good rod from a fisherman.
  • Caught a Manectric in the grass and nicknamed it LiveWire.
  • Headed to the Weather Institute and took on Team Magma.
  • Defeated the Team Magma leader but LiveWire died in the process.
  • Obtained Castform for rescuing the people there.
  • Making my way towards Fortree City and encountered my rival there.
  • Defeated my rival the final time.
  • Headed towards Fortree City.
  • Went east of Fortree City and fought the trainers there as well as Ty and Gabby again.
  • Found Steven on the wooden bridge which he used the Devon Scope to reveal a Kecleon.
  • Defeated the Kecleon and headed towards Fortree City gym.
  • Defeated Winona and obtained the Aerial Ace TM.
  • Healed and saved in Fortree City.

My team so far:
;262; Saurez- Lvl31
;279; KillBill - Lvl32
;286; Stretchy - Lvl31
;263; HMSlave - Lvl3
;335; Shredder - Lvl33
;328; DragonFly - Lvl31

Boxed
;066; MeatHead - Lvl19
;351; Castform - Lvl25

Dead
;266; Silcoon - Lvl7
;290; BedBug- Lvl11
;304; Godzilla - Lvl28
;317; Glutton - Lvl28
;310; LiveWire - Lvl28

Last edited:

Lorde

I left the Cerulean PC and I headed out to explore the city. I purchased items at the local Poke Mart and once that was done, I entered the Cerulean City Gym. I battled against the Gym trainers and their Water-type Pokemon inside and then I got to Misty's area. I challenged her and she sent out her Staryu first. I was prepared and I sent out Fran. I had it attack Staryu a bit and then I sent out Sparky. I defeated Misty's Staryu with Sparky's Metal Claw, but then I had to battle against Misty's Starmie. I used Fran against it, but Starmie defeated it with Water Pulse. Sparky defeated Starmie with a critical hit Scratch attack afterwards and I won the Cascade Badge and Water Pulse TM and I then released Fran.

;005; - Sparky Lv. 21
;129; - Eric Lv. 13
;074; - Cliff Lv. 16

ToNeS

• Trained my DragonFly by battling trainers who wanted a rematch so it can evolve into Vibrava.
  • Headed east of Fortree City to face against Ty and Gabby again but this time Saurez died.
  • Looking for a replacement, I remembered I still have the Claw Fossil and headed to Rustboro City to revive it into Anorith.
  • Nicknamed it SpyCrab (a reference to a meme in Team Fortress 2).
  • Trained it to Lvl31 but died to a Cooltrainer's Castform in Route 120.
  • Caught myself a Gloom at Route 121 and nicknamed it Choi Sum (a name of a chinese vegetable).
  • Headed to the Safari Zone to catch myself another replacement.
  • Luckily enough, I encountered a Girafarig and caught it.
  • Nicknamed it Chomp (a reference to an enemy in the Mario series).
  • Decided to catch another pokemon in another area.
  • To my surprise, I encountered a Naughty natured Heracross and caught it.
  • Nicknamed it Xena (a reference to an old action show and it is female).
  • Saved outside the Safari Zone entrance.

My team so far:

;279; KillBill - Lvl35
;286; Stretchy - Lvl36
;263; HMSlave - Lvl3 (Temporary boxed)
;335; Shredder - Lvl36
;329; DragonFly - Lvl36
;203; Chomp - Lvl30
;214; Xena - Lvl27

Boxed
;066; MeatHead - Lvl19
;351; Castform - Lvl25
;044; Choi Sum - Lvl28

Dead
;266; Silcoon - Lvl7
;290; BedBug- Lvl11
;304; Godzilla - Lvl28
;317; Glutton - Lvl28
;310; LiveWire - Lvl28
;262; Saurez- Lvl31
;347; SpyCrab - Lvl31

Last edited:

Lorde

After I thrashed Misty at the Cerulean City Gym, I left the Gym and I healed my injured Pokemon at the Cerulean City Pokemon Center. I bought a couple more Poke Balls at the Poke Mart and then I headed north towards Route 24. I encountered my rival again before I was allowed to pass though and I battled against him. I defeated him and then I healed my Pokemon once again. I finally arrived at the bridge and I battled against the trainers there. I then arrived at Route 25 and I went east since I had to visit Bill's Cottage. I battled tons of trainers on the way there and then I finally reached the end of Route 25. I walked into Bill's Cottage and I helped him with one of his experiments. I saved after I got the S.S. Ticket.

;005; - Sparky Lv. 24
;129; - Eric Lv. 16
;074; - Cliff Lv. 20

ToNeS

• Trained my pokemon with Ty and Gabby but unfortunely KillBill died to Magneton's Thunderbolt.
  • Taught Dragonfly Fly and HMSlave Surf.
  • Went to Lilycove City to beat my rival the final time.
  • Headed to the coast of Lilycove City and fished for a Wailmer.
  • Caught and nicknamed Wailmer HSOWA (Hot Skitty On Wailord Action).
  • Headed to Mt.Pyre and caught myself a Vulpix.
  • Nicknamed it FireFox (a reference to Mozilla FireFox).
  • Headed south of Mt.Pyre and defeated the trainers there as well as obtaining the Giga Drain TM.
  • Headed towards the summit of Mt.Pyre.
  • Caught myself a Shuppet and nicknamed it Casper (a reference to Casper the friendly ghost).
  • Defeated the Team Magma grunts.
  • The Team Magma Boss took the Blue Orb.
  • Flew to Slateport City and met Capt.Stern.
  • The Team Magma Boss stole the submarine.
  • Trained HSOWA at Fiery Path.
  • Headed to Team Magma's Hideout.
  • Obtained the Master Ball after beating the Electrodes.
  • Defeated the Team Magma grunts and admin.
  • Exited the Hideout and headed to Mossdeep.
  • Met Steven and obtained the HM Dive.
  • Flew to Dewford Town and beat the trainers in the sea routes.
  • Headed towards the Abandoned Ship and saved there.

My team so far:
;320; HSOWA - Lvl38
;286; Stretchy - Lvl38
;335; Shredder - Lvl39
;329; DragonFly - Lvl38
;203; Chomp - Lvl38
;214; Xena - Lvl38

Boxed
;066; MeatHead - Lvl19
;351; Castform - Lvl25
;044; Choi Sum - Lvl28
;037; FireFox - Lvl28
;263; HMSlave - Lvl3
;353; Casper - Lvl30

Dead
;266; Silcoon - Lvl7
;290; BedBug- Lvl11
;304; Godzilla - Lvl28
;317; Glutton - Lvl28
;310; LiveWire - Lvl28
;262; Saurez- Lvl31
;347; SpyCrab - Lvl31
;279; KillBill - Lvl36

Lorde

I left Bill's Cottage after I obtained the S.S. Ticket. I headed south towards Cerulean City afterwards and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. Once that was done, I went to visit the house that had been robbed by Team Rocket. I climbed through a hole in the wall and I battled against a Rocket grunt outside. I got the Dig TM from him after I defeated him, then I headed south to Route 5. I battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass and then I visited the Day Care. I entered the Underground Path afterwards and I headed south until I reached the southern entrance and I arrived at Route 6 next. I battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass along there and then I saved before moving on towards Vermilion City.

;005; - Sparky Lv. 25
;129; - Eric Lv. 18
;074; - Cliff Lv. 22

Burakoru

Belly Slide
So; started up an Emerald Nuzlocke today. It's going to be a basic nuzlocke; catch first thing you find on a route, if it faints it's dead, ect. ect.

The only difference is I'm not including Dupes Clause; I catch what I find first, no matter what it is..so lets get things started. :)

Also, unless I have a specific reasoning behind a pokemon's name (which I'll probably explain if I do), all pokemon names have been randomized simply based on their gender.

• Started up the game as a Male trainer named Joey;
  • Set the clock, talked to May, ect. ect.
  • Professor Birch had his Zigzagoon problem, so I picked out my starter.
  • Introducing Dwain the Male Torchic; He has a Lonely nature
  • Afterwards, I went to go battle May, nothing really interesting happened. Just as a recap, I have that clause that allows me to not count any interactions in Routes 101 or 103 until I have pokeballs.
  • So I beat May, got the money, and headed back to Littleroot, where I got Pokeballs!!! Time to go catching!
  • Route 101 had a Zigzagoon, Route 103 had a Zigzagoon (That I accidentally killed) and Route 102 had a Lotad.
  • Introducing Radovan the Male Zigzagoon; He has a Sassy nature
  • Introducing Marina the Female Lota-
  • ...and Marina fainted while grinding on Route 101, which I did a little before writing this down; without thinking, I released her, so I forgot to write down her nature...Don't you just LOVE critical hits. -_-;
  • Radovan picked me up a couple Repels if that's any consolation?
  • Lastly, more tutorial involving Wally, and I captured a Male Marill, and trained him n' Radovan a little bit.
  • Introducing Adam the Male Marill; He has a Calm nature

Team
255.png
Dwain - Male - Lonely - Blaze - Lv. 10
263.png
Radovan - Male - Sassy - Pickup - Lv. 7
183.png
Adam - Male - Calm - Thick Fat - Lv. 7

R.I.P.
270.png
Marina - Female - Critical Hit Tackle from a Poochyena while training - Lv. 2-3

Lorde

I arrived in Vermilion City and visited the local Pokemon Center in order to heal my team, then I visited the local Poke Mart in order to buy items. I wandered around town a bit more afterwards and I visited the Pokemon Fan Club and I got a Bike Voucher from the chairman. Once that was done, I headed over to the port and I showed the S.S. Ticket to the man there and I was allowed on the S.S. Anne. I entered cabins when I arrived and I battled against trainers on board. I visited the kitchens after those battles and I got some items from the trash cans. I visited the deck of the ship and then I headed down to the sailor's cabins in order to battle against them. I defeated half of them and then I saved the game.

;005; - Sparky Lv. 26
;130; - Eric Lv. 20
;074; - Cliff Lv. 23

ToNeS

• Defeated the trainers in the abandoned ship and found an Ice Beam TM.
  • Headed outside and lew to Lavaridge Town and cycled all the way down to fight Ty and Gabby.
  • Chomp died to Magneton's Thunderbolt after it spammed Metal Sound on Chomp.
  • Withdrew Casper as a replacement.
  • Flew to Mt.Pyre and trained there.
  • Taught it Shadow Ball with a TM.
  • It evolved at lvl37.
  • Trained on Ty and Gabby for ages.
  • HSOWA evolved to Wailord.
  • Dragonfly evolved into Flygon.
  • I flew to Rustboro City and surfed north to another route.
  • Fought the trainers there and found a Swablu in a grassy area.
  • Nicknamed it Aoi Tori (means Blue Bird in japanese and it's a reference to one of the ending songs in Bleach).
  • When my party reached lvl45, I went to Mossdeep City.
  • With my newly evolved Flygon and Casper, I wiped out the gym.
  • Taught HSOWA Dive and Ice Beam.
  • Healed and saved at Mossdeep City.

My team so far:
;321; HSOWA - Lvl45
;286; Stretchy - Lvl45
;335; Shredder - Lvl45
;330; DragonFly - Lvl46
;214; Xena - Lvl45
;354; Casper - Lvl46

Boxed
;066; MeatHead - Lvl19
;351; Castform - Lvl25
;044; Choi Sum - Lvl28
;037; FireFox - Lvl28
;263; HMSlave - Lvl3
;333; Aoi Tori - Lvl25

Dead
;266; Silcoon - Lvl7
;290; BedBug- Lvl11
;304; Godzilla - Lvl28
;317; Glutton - Lvl28
;310; LiveWire - Lvl28
;262; Saurez- Lvl31
;347; SpyCrab - Lvl31
;279; KillBill - Lvl36
;203; Chomp - Lvl38

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
OK, seeing as these are all the rage nowadays, I have decided to take my own spin on this! This will be a Pokemon Sapphire Nuzlocke challenge, but with a few extra rules.

- All normal rules apply, unless they contradict another rule
- Shiny Clause- In the extremely unlikely event of encountering a shiny, I can catch it (or at least attempt to, regardless of whether or not if it is the first Pokemon in the route (if it is then all continues normally)), however any deaths that occur during the course of the fight are counted as deaths, and dead Pokemon must be de[posited in the PC like normal.
-3 Chances Clause- If the first Pokemon in the route I encounter is one that is already being used/reserved, or in the same evolutionary line, I may run and have 3 more chances to encounter a new Pokemon. This does not apply if I have a dead species of that Pokemon. If no new ones are found, I leave with no new Pokemon at all.
-Have a friend Clause- This is a new rule which I have made up which enables me to hunt for 1 and only 1 Pokemon specifically, if they are not the first one I encounter in a route. This will be Trapinch in my case.

Occurances-

Party-

Reserved-

Deceased-

Last edited:

Lorde

I battled more Sailors inside the S.S. Anne and then I healed my team. I wandered over to the captain's room, but I was stopped in the hallway by my rival who wanted to battle me. I battled against him and I won that battle easily. I entered the captain's room afterwards and I helped him get over his seasickness. I got the Cut HM from him afterwards and I left the S.S. Anne. I ran to the Vermilion City Pokemon Center and I taught Cut to Sparky and then I headed over to the Vermilion City Gym. I cut down the tree in front of the Gym and I entered it. I had to navigate around the Gym while battling Gym trainers and I also had to find the hidden switches inside the trash cans in order to deactivate the Gym's traps.

;005; - Sparky Lv. 27
;130; - Eric Lv. 21
;074; - Cliff Lv. 24

Rules: Normal Nuzlocke rules, Dupes Clause and Shining Clause!

Hey there guys! Snazzy here! I've decided to do a Pokemon Sapphire Nuzlocke! Started with a guy named Donald (as always) and checked my ID and it ended with a 5 so I guess.... Torchic.... Dang it... Went and set the clock (not really) and then went to the neighbors and met May. Then got my Torchic! It's male so I called him Bashamo then trained him up to level 9 before May and then went and easily beat her. Then went and got the Pokedex and Pokeballs! My first encounter on Route 101 was a Zigzagoon! Which I caught and named Massaguma! And then trained him up to level 9. Went to Route 103 and caught Guraena the Poochyena! And I'll end this off with me training a bit. :p See ya!

Team:

;263; Massaguma, male Zigzagoon lvl.9
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, and Headbutt

;255; Bashamo, male Torchic lvl.10
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, Ember

;261;Guraena, male Poochyena lvl.3
Moves: Tackle

Last edited:

Lorde

So next I shopped for items at the Poke Mart after beating Lt. Surge and I went to Route 11 to train my Pokemon against the trainers in the area. I managed to defeat all the trainers and then I returned to the Vermilion City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon again. I went north afterwards and I used the Underground Path to travel to Route 5. I arrived in Cerulean City again and I cut down the tree that was blocking the path to Route 9. I arrived at the mountain path and I started battling against the trainers in the area. I had to return to Cerulean City to heal my Pokemon in between battles, but I eventually arrived at the entrance to Rock Tunnel. I healed my Pokemon inside the local Pokemon Center.

;005; - Sparky Lv. 28
;130; - Eric Lv. 23
;075; - Cliff Lv. 25

ToNeS

• Trained with Ty and Gabby but unfortunately Shredder died to Magneton's Thunderbolt.
  • Replaced Shredder with Firefox.
  • Trained Firefox til Lvl35 and evolved it with a Fire Stone.
  • Trained everybody up to Lvl50.
  • Flew to Mossdeep City to heal and save there.

My team so far:
;321; HSOWA - Lvl50
;286; Stretchy - Lvl50
;038; FireFox - Lvl50
;330; DragonFly - Lvl51
;214; Xena - Lvl50
;354; Casper - Lvl50

Boxed
;066; MeatHead - Lvl19
;351; Castform - Lvl25
;044; Choi Sum - Lvl28
;263; HMSlave - Lvl3
;333; Aoi Tori - Lvl25

Dead
;266; Silcoon - Lvl7
;290; BedBug- Lvl11
;304; Godzilla - Lvl28
;317; Glutton - Lvl28
;310; LiveWire - Lvl28
;262; Saurez- Lvl31
;347; SpyCrab - Lvl31
;279; KillBill - Lvl36
;203; Chomp - Lvl38
;335; Shredder - Lvl46

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español
~FireRed Nuzlocke Challenge~
Rules:
  • You can only catch one pokemon per route.
  • All pokemon needs to be nicknamed.
  • All fainted pokemon will be placed in a box called "Heaven"
  • A shiny encounter can be catch even tought is not the 1st encounter

Hi my name is Tyki, I started my adventure and went into the Lab, I first saw a tiny turtle in a pokeball, Get him and called Dive.
Also meet my rival Blue, after defeating Bulbasaur, prof. Oak told me to go to Viridian City to get him a Parcel and done.
After giving him his parcel, Proff. Oak gave me a few pokeballs and so, my adventure starts~
My first encounter was a little Pidgey caught him and called Joe, after returning to Viridian I went into Route 22 to try to catch a Mankey but no, a wild Spearon rams against Dive and Joe, after a little battle she accepted me as her Trainer and she was called Spear~
Talk with the oldman and learn how to catch:D yay as I enter into the Viridian Forest I was walking and hoping to find nothing by the moment and then a few sparks came in my way, a Pikachu, yes I get a Pikachu, but at what cost~ Spear is dead, R.I.P. my little friend.
Now with 3 pokes, Viridian Forest is waiting.

;007; (M) Dive Lv.8 - Calm Nature
;016; (M) Joe Lv. 8 - Hasty Nature
;025; (F) Sparks Lv.5 - Naughty Nature

;021; (F) Spear (Lv. 3-4)

Lorde

I walked through Rock Tunnel and battled tons of trainers as I moved around from floor to floor. I collected some items before leaving the cavern and then I arrived at the southern portion of Route 10. I arrived in Lavender Town shortly afterwards and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I bought some items at the Poke Mart and then I visited Mr. Fuji's house. It turned out that he was at the top of the Pokemon Tower, so I began to climb it. I encountered my rival on the second floor and I had to battle against him. I left the tower afterwards since there was no point in climbing the rest of the tower since I couldn't identify the ghosts. I healed once more at the Lavender Town Pokemon Center and saved.

;005; - Sparky Lv. 29
;130; - Eric Lv. 25
;075; - Cliff Lv. 26

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español
~FireRed Nuzlocke Challenge~
=Big News=
Forget to save and well everything I done until Mt. Moon was lost.

Hi my name is Tyki, I started my adventure and went into the Lab, I first saw a tiny turtle in a pokeball, Get him and called Dive.
Also meet my rival Blue, after defeating Bulbasaur, prof. Oak told me to go to Viridian City to get him a Parcel and done.
After giving him his parcel, Proff. Oak gave me a few pokeballs and so, my adventure starts~
My first encounter was a little Pidgey caught him and called Joe, after returning to Viridian I went into Route 22 to try to catch a Mankey but no, a wild Spearon rams against Dive and Joe, after a little battle she accepted me as her Trainer and she was called Spear~
After leveled Spear for a while I jumped Route 2 without encounters and now into Viridian Forest, I wish I can catch a Pikachu ;-; but well a Weedle jumps on my back, and that little bug gave me a hell of a fight, he managed to poison both Dive and Joe e_e after almost losing Joe to him, finally I caught him a called Drill, now the Viridan Forest is crossed~

;006; Dive (M) Lv 8 Calm
;016; Joe (M) Lv 6 Hasty
;021; Spear (F) Lv 7 Docile
;013; Drill (M) Lv 4 Careful

Lorde

I headed west to Saffron City and I arrived at Route 8 and battled trainers. I had an easy time against them and I eventually reached the entrance to the Underground Path, which led to Route 7. I traveled through the Underground Path and I eventually made it to Route 7 where I trained my Pokemon and also caught a wild Oddish and named it Fern. I soon made my way to Celadon City and I healed my Pokemon at the PC. I then visited the Department Store and I stocked up on items there. I explored the rest of the city afterwards and then I obtained the Coin Case so that I could store coins from the Game Corner. I played the slots at the local Game Corner afterwards and then I found the entrance to Rocket Hideout.

;005; - Sparky Lv. 30
;130; - Eric Lv. 26
;075; - Cliff Lv. 27
;043; - Fern Lv. 22

ToNeS

• Surfed in the sea and dived below to find the Submarine.
  • Found the Seafloor Cavern and battled Maxie.
  • Groundon is awakened and I get teleported outside.
  • I dived beneath the sea again and found Sootopolis City.
  • I entered the Cave of Origin, found the Waterfall HM and defeated Groundon.
  • I healed in the city and proceeded to fight Wallace.
  • His Milotic gave me a bit of trouble but I succeeded in the end.
  • I flew to Lilycove City to delete the Dive move from HSOWA seeing as though I don't need it anymore.
  • Taught it the Waterfall HM.
  • Flew to Mossdeep City.
  • Surfed towards Ever Grande City and went up the waterfall.
  • I healed and saved at the pokmon centre.

My team so far:
;321; HSOWA - Lvl51
;286; Stretchy - Lvl51
;038; FireFox - Lvl51
;330; DragonFly - Lvl51
;214; Xena - Lvl51
;354; Casper - Lvl52

Boxed
;066; MeatHead - Lvl19
;351; Castform - Lvl25
;044; Choi Sum - Lvl28
;263; HMSlave - Lvl3