• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I received Oak's Parcel in Viridian City and I went back south towards Pallet Town. I then entered Professor Oak's lab and I gave him the item and I was given some Poke Balls and a Pokedex from him next and I headed back to Route 1. I battled more Pidgey in the tall grass and I trained Leo some more. I returned to Viridian City afterwards and I healed Leo at the Pokemon Center. I talked to an old man who was blocking the road and he gave me the Teachy TV, then I entered Route 2. I captured a wild Pidgey and named it Charlie and then I reached the Viridian Forest. I entered the forest after passing the gatehouse and I walked around. I battled a Bug Catcher and then I saved after battling several wild Pokemon.

;007; - Leo Lv. 9
;016; - Charlie Lv. 5

Navarch

I started a Nuzlocke Challenge in Fire Red today. I chose the male character and named myself Nick. I named my rival Gary. I woke up in my bed, and then I checked my PC to get a Potion. I went downstairs and chatted with my mother. As I left my house and made my way to Route 1, I was stopped by Professor Oak. He took me to his lab, where Gary and I were able to choose our starter Pokemon. I chose Squirtle, and named him Bryan. He has a Bold nature.

007.png
- Bryan: Lv. 5

Last edited:

Lorde

At the Viridian Forest, I slayed more Bug Catchers and I managed to level up my Pokemon well enough after 40 minutes and then I left the Viridian Forest and I arrived at the northern part of Route 2 next. I arrived in Pewter City afterwards and I rushed into the Pokemon Center and I healed Charlie and Leo inside there when I arrived. I left after that and I talked to some of the random NPCs around Pewter City. Next I visited the Poke Mart and I bought some Potions and stuff. I entered the Pewter Museum of Science as well and then I left once I had taken a good look around the space exhibit. I went to the Pewter City Gym afterwards and I battled against the Gym trainer inside and then I saved the game again.

;007; - Leo Lv. 15
;016; - Charlie Lv. 12

Exodd

A couple days ago I started a new Nuzlocke in Leaf Green. I decided to use the optional rule that wild battles can't be fled from. The first leg of the journey went very well. The rival (his name is JIB) battle was easy, since my whole party was around level 10. Viridian Forest was no sweat. I only used one Antidote. Brock went down quickly to my Squirtle and Mankey. Mt. Moon took a while, since there were a lot of encounters and I wanted to fight every trainer.
Cerulean City is where things got more difficult. I was underleveled for the gym, so I cleared out the route to the north first. The second rival battle was more risky; my Pidgey vs. a Pidgeotto at the same level. JIB's other Pokemon weren't as much of a problem, though. After that, my new Nidoran♀ solo'd the entire nugget bridge and evolved. My Pidgey, Hash, was taken down in the next area by a crit from a Slowpoke. First down. Visited Bill's place then headed back to face Misty. I sent out Squash, which I had just evolved into a Nidoqueen. For some reason I temporarily disregarded the Ground typing. Misty's Staryu got a crit with Water Pulse, but Squash survived with 3 HP and won! Next up was the Starmie, which proceeded to get two crits in a row, taking out my Rattata, Rattatoulle, and my Mankey, Riceball. Only party member left in fighting shape was Wartortle, only decent move to use was Tackle. I managed to win after using up three Super Potions and a few Potions.
Caught some more Pokemon on the way to Vermillion and trained most of my party up to around level 20. JIB showed up earlier than I expected in the S.S. Anne, but he wasn't as difficult to battle this time. In Diglett's Cave, another surprise: Magnitude 9 critical hit and my Wartortle, Blueberry, fainted. Invested in some Repels after that. The Diglett I caught there atoned for his fellow's sin by helping out in the third gym. Surge's Raichu was annoying with Double Team, but my Nidoqueen eventually got in the hits.

Party:
;012; Jelly lvl. 19
;027; Krispie lvl. 8
;031; Squash lvl. 25
;052; Catsup lvl. 16
;070; Cabbage lvl. 21
;096; Curry lvl. 15

In PC:
;041; Grape lvl. 7
;050; Potato lvl. 21

Badges: 3 "Deaths": ;016;;019;;056;;008;

Last edited:

Lorde

I left the Pewter Gym after winning the Boulder Badge. I healed my team at the Pewter City PC, then I purchased stuff at the Poke Mart. I headed out to Route 3 and snatched the Running Shoes and I ran around and thrashed many trainers. I was able to level up my small team thanks to those battles and Leo finally evolved into Wartortle. I dashed around Route 3 after I defeated the trainers there and I eventually arrived at the Pokemon Center by Mt. Moon's entrance. I healed my Pokemon there and then I purchased a Magikarp from a salesman. I nicknamed it Ellen and then I entered Mt. Moon. I slayed a few wild Pokemon at the entrance next and then I started to battle against the trainers inside as well.

;008; - Leo Lv. 18
;016; - Charlie Lv. 16
;129; - Ellen Lv. 8

Exodd

Battled my way east of Cerulean and caught a couple Pokemon. One of them was a Spearow I named Cinnamon, which didn't last through Rock Tunnel. Thus began a series of many knockouts. Parfait the Voltorb fainted on Route 12. Why does Double Slap hit more than twice? Catsup, my Meowth, got kicked by a couple of Nidoran. Jelly the Butterfree took a hit from a Muk, Curry the Drowzee turned out to be too underleveled to deal with training, and Potato the Diglett got stomped by a Rapidash. I went to several available areas trying to get the party numbers back up. I missed out on two Vulpix, but promptly evolved the Eevee I got in Celadon into a Flareon. I caught a Doduo next, which I taught Fly. This proved useful as my Pokemon got poisoned many times in following battles. I think I shall do some level grinding before taking on the Game Corner and the next gym.

Party:

;031; Squash lvl. 31
;041; Grape lvl. 13
;070; Cabbage lvl. 30
;084; Doughnuts lvl. 20
;129; Fillet lvl. 12
;136; Salsa lvl. 27

In PC:

;027; Krispie lvl. 8

Badges: 3 "Deaths": ;016;;019;;056;;008;;021;;100;;052;;012;;096;;050;

Last edited:

Lorde

So I ran quickly through Mt. Moon's interior and I fought trainers. I headed further into Mt. Moon and I soon encountered some Team Rocket grunts who were scheming things and looking for fossils inside the cave. I quickly battled against a few of them and I continued to challenge trainers until I reached a spot with two fossils. I was going to pick one up, but then this one ratchet Super Nerd appeared and he wanted to battle me for the fossils. I defeated him easily using Leo mostly and then I picked up the Helix Fossil. I headed to the exit of Mt. Moon and then I arrived at Route 4. I sprinted east towards Cerulean City and I finally arrived. I healed my Pokemon at the Cerulean City Pokemon Center and then I saved.

;008; - Leo Lv. 20
;017; - Charlie Lv. 18
;129; - Ellen Lv. 11

Exodd

Visited the Game Corner and was given some coins. No use to gamble, though, as I already got a Pokemon in the city, so I headed to the "secret" underground to clear out Team Rocket. None of them gave much trouble, but Giovanni's Kangaskhan did a surprising amount of damage before getting knocked out. Twas time to make my Nidoqueen's fighting move stronger, so I booted up a Brick Break TM. I also gave Giga Drain to my Weepinbell. I decided to just jump right into the Celadon gym. My Doduo took out almost everything in there, but then Erika's Vileplume poisoned my Doughnuts. I sent in Flareon who, despite not having any Fire-type attacks at the time, finished the battle.
With the Silph Scope in hand, Pokemon Tower was the next destination. I stopped to train up my Magikarp and Flareon first. JIB showed up again. Fighting his Gyarados was risky for my Weepinbell, but otherwise he wasn't much trouble. I picked up a Gastly, which I named Goulash. I trained her all the way through the tower, and Goulash even solo'ed the Marowak ghost, but then the Gastly was knocked out by a Zubat. Yep. Anyway, I procured the PokeFlute and removed the Snorlax that was on Route 16.
I biked through Cycling Road, taking the opportunity to level up and evolve my Sandshrew. I tested out the Fuschia gym, but the levels were higher than I expected, so I continued east back to Lavender Town. I aimed to catch the Snorlax this time. I managed to do so with only one Ultra Ball! I headed into Saffron and conquered the Fighting Dojo. My new Fearow, Spice, nearly swept the whole place, all but the Hitmonchan. Is this a pattern with Flying-types? Went into Silph Co. and found the Card Key very quickly, so I strolled through each floor getting the items. Most of the battles didn't seem noteworthy enough to describe here. However, my Venonat, Onion, and Sandslash, Krispie, were both hit by exploding enemies. I eventually found and battled JIB again. My Snorlax did very well against his Gyarados despite being a bit under-leveled. His Venusaur gave some trouble by using Sleep Powder almost every other turn, but my Flareon eventually took the thing out. Afterwards, a guy gave me a Lapras without even asking. I guess that counts as my encounter for Saffron. Before taking on the Rocket boss, I traveled back to Fuschia to pick up the Strength and Surf HMs. I also nabbed a Paras in the Safari Zone. After a couple more quick stops, I went back to clear out Giovanni. The battle wasn't as tough as I expected.

Party:

;031; Squash lvl. 45
;042; Succotash (formerly Grape) lvl. 26
;070; Cabbage lvl. 33
;130; Fillet lvl. 33
;136; Salsa lvl. 41
;143; Loaf lvl. 30

In PC:

;046; Portobello lvl. 23
;132; Pudding lvl. 23
;131; Escargot lvl. 25

Badges: 4 "Deaths": ;016;;019;;056;;008;;021;;100;;052;;012;;096;;050;;084;;092;;022;;048;;028;

Lorde

Once at Cerulean City, I visited the Poke Mart and then the Cerulean Gym. I fought a few Gym trainers inside and challenged Gym Leader Misty. I somehow beat her and got the Cascade Badge. I healed my Pokemon at the Cerulean City Pokemon Center next, then I dashed north to Route 24. I encountered my rival before I was allowed to move ahead and I battled against him. I defeated him and crossed Nugget Bridge and caught a wild Bellsprout and named her Bella, then I arrived at Route 25 and I ran towards Bill's Cottage. I battled more trainers and then I finally reached the end of Route 25. I sashayed into Bill's Cottage and I helped him with a project, then I saved next after I got the S.S. Ticket from him.

008.png
- Leo Lv. 23
017.png
- Charlie Lv. 21
129.png
- Ellen Lv. 15
069.png
- Bella Lv. 15

andrew4999

I'm not sure if this is viable on this thread but I'm doing a randomized soul silver nuzlocke, so far:
Starter: Electrode
Route 29: Gligar RIP
Route 46: Tentacruel RIP
Route 30: Chimchar
Dark Cave: Empoleon, did not catch
Route 31: Whiscash
Violet City: Egg (hasn't hatched)
Route 32: Starly
Ruins of Alph: Drowzee, did not catch
Sprout Tower: Wobbufet, did not catch

Hoping my luck improves. Not sure what will hatch from the egg (randomized)
Wish me luck!

Exodd

Next up was the Saffron gym. Salsa, my Flareon, and Fillet, my Gyarados, were the only ones who had super-effective moves to use here, so I sent out those two to take out all the gym trainers. There were a few close calls as Fillet often got confused. Eventually I warped in to face Sabrina. The first three Pokemon she sent out didn't do much damage, but the Bite attacks I was using weren't enough to prevent her Alakazam from setting up with Sp. Atk boosts. The Alakazam proceeded to pelt both Salsa and Fillet with Psychic attacks. However, they lowered the thing's HP enough so my Snorlax could win with a decisive hit! I suppose I shouldn't be considering any of my party as safe during this run.
The Fuschia gym was less difficult. I probably should have gone to that one first. Koga kept stalling with Minimize and Smokescreen, but ultimately wasn't much of a threat to my Nidoqueen. I surfed along the southern sea routes on my way to the next town. The wild Pokemon in Seafoam Islands were actually a threat due to the types of attacks they had and their levels, so I tried to get through the cave as fast as possible. I found my way to the Articuno, but I put off battling the bird Pokemon until later. The rule doesn't say wild Pokemon have to be fought immediately. :p
I eventually landed on Cinnabar. The encounter rate at Pokemon Mansion was crazy. The Slowpoke I was trying to level up, Molasses, got overwhelmed. I selected a newly-caught Raticate to fill the space in the party. Also, I realized I had forgotten to put Blackglasses on my Flareon. That could have made a big difference. Anyway, I got the Secret Key and unlocked the gym. How long were all those trainers just sitting in there waiting for someone to loot the Mansion? I did again what I typically did before at the fire-type gym - Surf on all the things! Well, most of the things. I sent out my Nidoqueen to take out Blaine's Rapidash and Arcanine. There was a close call when Squash took two Fire Blasts, but after consuming a Hyper Potion, she went on to win.

Party:

;020; Maple lvl. 32
;031; Squash lvl. 50
;042; Succotash lvl. 32
;070; Cabbage lvl. 39
;131; Escargot lvl. 32
;143; Loaf lvl. 33

In PC:

;046; Portobello lvl. 23
;072; Calamari lvl. 9
;132; Pudding lvl. 23

Badges: 7 "Deaths": ;016;;019;;056;;008;;021;;100;;052;;012;;096;;050;;084;;092;;022;;048;;028;;136;;130;;079;

Lorde

So now I left Route 25 and ran back to Cerulean City after chatting with Bill. I quickly healed my darlings at the Cerulean City Pokemon Center and then I wandered over to that one house that had been robbed by Team Rocket recently. I then walked through a hole in the wall and I battled a Team Rocket grunt right outside. I snatched the Dig TM from him after winning, then I sprinted towards Route 5. I battled wild Pokemon in the tall grass and then I visited the Day Care as well. I then strutted into the Underground Path and I dashed south until I arrived at the southern part and walked into Route 6. I grinded against the Pokemon in the tall grass for extra experience and I saved before reaching Vermilion City.

008.png
- Leo Lv. 26
017.png
- Charlie Lv. 24
129.png
- Ellen Lv. 17
069.png
- Bella Lv. 18

Exodd

Upon exiting the Cinnabar Gym, Bill showed up and asked me to go to the Sevii Islands. Before doing the main quests, I set out to explore Treasure Beach and Kindle Road. At Mt. Ember, my Lapras, Escargot, was hit by a wild Machop I was trying to catch. I decided to fight the legendary bird here. This wasn't too difficult for my Nidoqueen, but the Moltres' Flamethrower did quite a bit of damage. I continued to the second island adn then the third. I cleared out the biker gang and found the missing girl, picking up a bunch more Pokemon and items along the way. Bill had helped fix the PC by this time. Why did he want me to travel with him again? Just to deliver a space rock? Anyway, I sailed back to the mainland, and then hopped around exploring some small areas in the other towns. I also sought out and defeated Zapdos at the Power Plant. I decided to revive an Aerodactyl from the Old Amber, counting that as an encounter from Pewter City. Then time to return to Viridian.

Party:

;020; Maple lvl. 36
;031; Squash lvl. 54
;070; Cabbage lvl. 47
;098; KingCrab lvl. 24
;142; Gravy lvl. 14
;143; Loaf lvl. 38

In PC:

;017; Lasagna lvl. 37
;042; Succotash lvl. 37
;046; Portobello lvl 23
;072;Calamari lvl. 9
;077;Tabasco lvl. 31
;114;Frisee lvl. 33
;132;Pudding lvl. 23

Badges: 7 "Deaths": ;016;;019;;056;;008;;021;;100;;052;;012;;096;;050;;084;;092;;022;;048;;028;;136;;130;;079;;131;

Lasagna the Pidgeotto was hit by a Machoke in the Viridian Gym. Then, one by one, Squash, Loaf, Cabbage, KingCrab, Maple, and Gravy were shaken by Giovanni's Nidoqueen and Nidoking. Wipeout.

Last edited:

Lorde

I entered Vermilion City and healed my team and got the Vs. Seeker. I also visited the Pokemon Fan Club and I got a Bike Voucher there, then an Old Rod in another house. I boarded the S.S. Anne next and battled trainers. I ran to the captain's room, but first I spotted my rival. After slaying him, I entered the captain's room and I helped cure his seasickness. I got the Cut HM from him as a reward, then I left the S.S. Anne. I trained at Route 11 and next I dashed over to the Vermilion City Gym. I cut down the tree in front of the Gym and I entered it. I had to sprint around the Gym's interior while battling Gym trainers and I also had to find the switches inside the trash cans that would turn off Lt. Surge's booby traps.

008.png
- Leo Lv. 27
017.png
- Charlie Lv. 26
130.png
- Ellen Lv. 20
069.png
- Bella Lv. 20

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Doing a run in my old Sapphire game.

Team so far:
Sriracha the Torchic
Vitani the Poochyena
Pedro the Lotad
Fluffy the Zigzagoon
Amanda the Shroomish

Last edited:

Lorde

I beat Lt. Surge: Long story short, I had a tough time and Ellen fainted. I won the Thunder Badge and Shock Wave TM from Lt. Surge, then I healed my team at the PC. I visited Route 11 next and caught a Drowzee and named it Clemont and I fought trainers too. I returned to Vermilion City and dashed to Route 6. I arrived in Cerulean City and headed east towards Route 9 and battled the trainers in the area. I had to return to Cerulean City eventually though to heal my Pokemon in between battles, then I finally arrived at the entrance to Rock Tunnel at Route 10's northern side. I healed my Pokemon again inside the nearby Pokemon Center and then I entered the tunnel. I saved my game while walking through the dark.

008.png
- Leo Lv. 29
017.png
- Charlie Lv. 27
070.png
- Bella Lv. 23
096.png
- Clemont Lv. 21

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Just made it to Fallarbor town, still no deaths.

Team:
Sriracha the Combusken
Cheeks the Sandshrew
Vitani the Mightyena
Corey the Loudred
Guano the Zubat
Pedro the Lombre

PC:
Fluffy the Zigzagoon
Colorado the Oddish
Sakura the Nincada
Kanye the Magikarp
Amanda the Shroomish
Karla the Numel
Steamerina the Torkoal
Splatoon the Tentacool
Marshie the Swablu

Last edited:

Lorde

I beat more trainers inside of Rock Tunnel, then I found the exit and arrived at Route 10. I ran to Lavender Town and I healed my team at the PC, then I visited the Pokemon Tower. I couldn't progress though, so instead I ran to Route 8 and I battled trainers and entered the Underground Path. I soon arrived at Route 7 and caught a wild Vulpix and named her Sherry. I dashed to Celadon City next and I visited the Celadon Department Store and I purchased a Leaf Stone and Fire Stone for later, then I explored the rest of the city afterwards and got the Coin Case for the Celadon Game Corner at a restaurant. I played the slots at the Game Corner after that, then I went out and trained for a while at Route 7 some more.

008.png
- Leo Lv. 31
017.png
- Charlie Lv. 29
070.png
- Bella Lv. 25
096.png
- Clemont Lv. 24
037.png
- Sherry Lv. 23

Lorde

After thrashing Gym trainers at the Celadon City Gym, I finally fought Erika. I quickly beat her Victreebel and Tangela with Charlie's Wing Attacks, then I thrashed Erika's Vileplume using Sherry's Ember. I won the Rainbow Badge and Giga Drain TM, then I dashed to the Game Corner and visited Rocket Hideout. Once inside, I slayed several Team Rocket grunts and picked up all the items. I soon got the Lift Key and used an elevator and found Giovanni's room. I fought him next and slayed his Onix and Rhyhorn with Leo's Water Pulse attack, then his Kangaskhan using Clemont and Bella. Once Giovanni lost, I got the Silph Scope item that I needed for Lavender Town and I healed my team at Celadon's PC and saved next.

008.png
- Leo Lv. 32
017.png
- Charlie Lv. 31
070.png
- Bella Lv. 27
097.png
- Clemont Lv. 26
037.png
- Sherry Lv. 26