• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

bbbrrritcold

Crazy Trainer
Edit that also goes for the safari zone can I catch a pokemon in different zones or areas

I have seen it done both ways. Personally, I do every area as separate. However, others do not. It is your choice, really.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
So, I started a nuzlocke challenge in my Emerald game a few days ago, and I just got my 3rd gym badge this morning. This is my team:
;256; (Felix) Level 25
;267; (Eliza) Level 23
;262; (Nuria) Level 23
;271; (Rio) Level 23
;184; (Elsie) Level 23
;286; (Ceren) Level 23

Am I at a good level for this point in the game? If not, how high level should I train to before continuing? How high level should I train to for the 4th gym? Suggestions would be appreciated.

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Hmm, if I remember right, Flannery's lowest lv. pokemon is 24, while the highest is 29. I would train to about lv. 29 or somewhere around there. Make sure to use Elsie since it is your best pokemon against her.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Hmm, if I remember right, Flannery's lowest lv. pokemon is 24, while the highest is 29. I would train to about lv. 29 or somewhere around there. Make sure to use Elsie since it is your best pokemon against her.

Thank you for the suggestion. :) I don't remember Emerald that well because I haven't played it in a while, so any help is appreciated. I will use Elsie in the battle, and have Felix and Nuria as backup.

Last edited:

stowe9616

I started a Nuzlocke Challenge on Sapphire a few days ago. I will start updating more often. Most of my pokemon died against the second badge so this is all I have now.

Kiplin- ;259; Level 23
Winston- ;269; Level 18
Simon- ;263; Level 12

Dead:
Macho- ;296;
Richard- ;263;
Boris- ;293;

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I started a Nuzlocke Challenge on Sapphire a few days ago. I will start updating more often. Most of my pokemon died against the second badge so this is all I have now.

Kiplin- ;259; Level 23
Winston- ;269; Level 18
Simon- ;263; Level 12

Dead:
Macho- ;296;
Richard- ;263;
Boris- ;293;

I'm sorry for your losses. :( The second gym was tough for me, too. I would have lost my Shroomish (now a Breloom) if it wasn't for Stun Spore and Leech Seed.

stowe9616

This is my team after the 3rd badge. On route 117 I found a new teammate August. After beating Wally easily I challenged the gym. I also easily beat Wattson with only Kiplin's Mud Shot. No deathes this time!

Kiplin- ;259; Level 28
Winston- ;269; Level 20
Simon- ;263; Level 12
August- ;315; Level 13

Dead:
Macho- ;296;
Richard- ;263;
Boris- ;293;

stowe9616

About done playing today. But one more new teammate found in Fiery path. His name is Marcello. Gotta train to fight Archie.

Kiplin- ;259; Level 28
Winston- ;269; Level 20
Simon- ;263; Level 12
August- ;315; Level 13
Marcello- ;088; Level 16

Dead:
Macho- ;296;
Richard- ;263;
Boris- ;293;

Started an Emerald Nuzlocke. I got a Mudkip, and I named it Mudkipz (shocker, eh). While Torchic is my favourite, I feel Mudkip will be better suited for the challenge as I'd prefer a more durable Pokemon (Blaziken can go down quite quickly).

Anyway I didn't do much, all I did was rescue Professor Birch then made my way to Oldale town. I can't catch any Pokemon in the first route because that Zigzagoon counts as the encounter of the route. Now I'm gonna go buy some Pokeballs and catch my second in the route above Oldale, and faceoff against Brendan (I'm a guy, but I always choose the girl whenever I do a challenge)

Current Team:
Mudkip (Mudkipz) Level 5.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Well, in my Emerald nuzlocke challenge, my team and I finally made it to Lavaridge city after a detour to Meteor Falls and an intense battle with Maxie. Flannery's Pokemon were high level, but they went down easily with the help of Elsie's powerful Bubblebeam. Now, it's time for us to explore the desert and take on the 5th gym!

;256; (Felix) Level 29
;267; (Eliza) Level 27
;262; (Nuria) Level 26
;271; (Rio) Level 26
;184; (Elsie) Level 27
;286; (Ceren) Level 27

Dead:
None, and I hope to keep it that way. :)

Been awhile since I updated. I actually got slaughtered by Brawly, so I only had a level 3 Zigzagoon and a Zubat which both died at Slateport. So I started again and skipped Brawly. I just beat the third gym and I'm clearing all the trainers on the way to Vertunturf before progressing on my adventure!

Current Team:
Sweeny (Gloom)
Mudkipz (Marshtomp)
Dawg (Poochyena) - In the day care. I plan to only use this thing if my whole team loses, so I have a backup.

Dead:
Shroomish
2 Poochyena's
Whismur
Mukuhita

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
In my Emerald nuzlocke, I have just obtained my 5th gym badge. However, my victory came with a price. Norman had sent out his Slaking, and it had just been hit by a Bite from Nuria, my Mightyena. It barely hung on, however, and killed her with a critical hit Facade, thus ignoring the severe attack cut I had given it earlier. Fortunately, Elsie, my Azumarill, avenged her with one swift Bubblebeam. Nuria will not be forgotten...

After the intense battle, I noticed that my team had a massive flying weakness, so I added Kai the Electrike to my team. I hope he will survive and do well! :)

My team:
;256; (Felix) Level 33
;267; (Eliza) Level 31
;271; (Rio) Level 31
;184; (Elsie) Level 31
;286; (Ceren) Level 31
;309; (Kai) Level 12

Dead:
;262; (Nuria) Level 2-31 Killed by Norman's Slaking

Kacho

You are next.
wait, for nuzlocke, it is OK to count forest/cave/mountain as separate?

what about potting? the rule says that fainted pokemon are counted as dead, but what are the rules on healing at PC or buying pots to keep alive?

and what about first pokemon i come across but i fainted them instead of catching them? do i lose my chance to capture a poke the entire area, or do i keep trying?

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
wait, for nuzlocke, it is OK to count forest/cave/mountain as separate?

what about potting? the rule says that fainted pokemon are counted as dead, but what are the rules on healing at PC or buying pots to keep alive?

and what about first pokemon i come across but i fainted them instead of catching them? do i lose my chance to capture a poke the entire area, or do i keep trying?

Yes, mountains/caves/forests are separate.

Nope, you can't even heal them with revives or by using the PC. If they faint, they're dead. No exceptions.

If you knock out your first encounter, that's the only one you get. No second tries.

Kacho

You are next.
Yes, mountains/caves/forests are separate.

Nope, you can't even heal them with revives or by using the PC. If they faint, they're dead. No exceptions.

If you knock out your first encounter, that's the only one you get. No second tries.

hold on. either you're reading my post wrong or i am phrasing it wrong.
let me try again on the healing part.

BEFORE THEY FAINT, can I buy pots to keep them alive?

Ninja Dog

Banned
Yeah, You're allowed to do that.

My entire team got slaughtered by Norman and his bellydrumming Linoone. I have Pokemon in the PC as backups in case something like this would happen, but it's only a Marill level 15 and a Lilleep level 20. It's going to be a long road to grind them to a high enough level to face him.

Besides the desert and the Trick House, they should have really provided more new trainers for you to gain levels off of

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
^ Ouch, at least you had some reserves just in case

Okay so I just started a nuzlocke in emerald and I picked Mudkip because I've never used a Swampert before. I'm using the standard rules, so one pokemon per area or route. If I faint it or run out of pokeballs to bad. And if a pokemon faints it must be put in the R.I.P box and never be used again. Unfortunately I couldn't ninja my way through the grass to Oldale town or May so no pokemon for me just yet. I've just beaten May.

Current team:

;258; (Skipper) level 8

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
In my Emerald nuzlocke, it has been a long, eventful two days for my team and I. After the loss of Nuria, my Mightyena, we worked hard training Kai the Electrike until he finally evolved. We made it to Fortree City, where we proceeded to train more, until something very exciting happened. While fighting a wild Kecleon, Felix evolved into Blaziken! Now that he had evolved, we took on the 6th gym and won easily. We traveled to Lilycove city, where we fought May and emerged victorious. The last thing that we did over these eventful two days was travel to Mt. Pyre. There, we paid our respects to Nuria, the Mightyena who unfortunately passed away during the 5th gym battle. We found Team Aqua, but they made off with the Red Orb before we could stop them. Now, onwards to Route 123!

Team:
;257; (Felix) Level 38
;267; (Eliza) Level 35
;271; (Rio) Level 35
;184; (Elsie) Level 35
;286; (Ceren) Level 35
;310; (Kai) Level 35
Dead:
;262; Level 2-31 Killed by Norman's Slaking

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
wow inferno great only 1 death as for my own emerald nuzlocke i havent gotten a chance to play in a while