• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

BenjaminLDuco

I have started a Pokemon Dark Rising Nuzlocke (a hack of Fire Red)

The rules are simple
1. Can only catch the first encounter on the route.
2. If it is duplicate I can opt to catch another pokemon or catch that pokemon if it's original is dead. (if I have let's say a growlithe and he is alive, I cannot catch the next growlithe I encounter. If the growlithe I had is dead I may catch the next growlithe I see)
3. All pokemon must recieve a nickname.
4. If a Pokemon faints it must be released.

What is Dark Rising?
Well it's a hack of Fire Red that changes the story and replaces certain pokemon to add in 4th and 5th gen pokemon. I recently figured out this game is really challenging seeing as you need level 100 pokemon for the Elite Four. So join me on my adventure on this maddening nuzlocke.

Here is the playlist of my adventures so far.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnUbHHfqcKAGjUhOAPDJHc9uYuYcoXbH4&feature=view_all

deh74

Seine Majestät
So I'm starting a nuzlocke on my emerald version with the basic rules. I rnged for Mt starter and got a torchic which I banned torch (ya I'm not real creative.). I leveled out up to nine before beating may with one scratch. I then guy my pokeballs Abe caught apoochyena nabbed xena, and a seedot. I'm currently hanging out at the Pokemon center in petalburgh city.

Edit: I lost seedot to the twins on the bridge south of rustborough...

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I won my second ever Nuzlocke, even more easily than my first (previously in this topic, on Sapphire). I only have a few minutes here to revel in my victory, so here's a brief summary:

Final team...

1) Raphael the Blastoise. Level 56. Surf, Brick Break, Bite, Return

2) Princess the Pidgeot. Level 57. Aerial Ace, Fly, Feather Dance, Double Team

3) Vlam the Ninetales. Level 56. Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Will O Wisp, Quick Attack

4) Jack the Hitmonchan. Level 56. Sky Uppercut, Strength, Earthquake, Bulk Up

5) Happy the Muk. Level 56. Minimize, Acid Armor, Sludge, Sludge Bomb

6) Zena the Slowbro. Level 39. Space-filler.

Time: ~28 hours.

Elite Four breakdown:

Lorelei - Raphael swept Agatha thanks to Brick Break and Bite. The only problem turned out to be her Jynx, who just kept freezing Raphael with Ice Punch (seriously...3 out of 5 Ice Punches froze me!) or putting him to sleep with Lovely Kiss. But Raph perservered and won the day.

Bruno - I led with Raphael to beat Onix, then switched to Jack to sweep the rest of his team. Bulk Up x 5 against Bruno's own Hitmonchan, and then one Sky Uppercut felled the rest of his team.

Agatha - Pidgeot sweep! Against her Gengar, both Princess and Gengar started out by spamming Double team. Unfortunately for Gengar, Princess had Aerial Ace. After opening DT x 6, I easily handled her whole team.

Lance - Led with Raphael to take down Gyarados with a bunch of Bite attacks. After Gyarados, I switched to Happy against Lance's Dragonair. Acid Armor x 3 and Minimize x5 to open, and then I pretty easily tanked and beat everything he threw at me.

Rival/Blue - I opened Vlam against his Pidgeot. Will O Wisp and Confuse Ray and Flamethrowers to beat it. Then Raphael came in against Rhydon for OHK Surf. Princess came in against Venusar and while 'Saur spammed Growth, Princess spammed Double Team. After two or three Fly attacks, that was over. Princess stayed out to beat Alakazam. Gyarados came out next, and I left in Princess. Despite SEVERAL Double teams, Gyarados proceeded to hit Hydro Pump FOUR TIMES IN A ROW. Didn't matter because Princess tanked like a boss. I used up all my Aerial Ace and Fly while Blue kept Full Restoring, so I resorted to Feather Dancing it twice and then switching out to Happy for the win. Arcanine was last, Roar'ed away my boosted Muk. Vlam came out and absorbed a Flamethrower and took out Arcanine.

I didn't lose a single team member in the E4/Championship! Nice!

Last edited:

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
It's been a while since my last update, but I need to stop in to give some news. Hephaestus, my level 46 Camerupt has just been defeated by Ground on to make the first death of my run :( I'll give the info on the run when I defeat the elite four. RIP Hephaestus

Just (re)started my leafgreen Nuzlocke, after being corner by the Fighting Dojo trainers.
Previous team
Ningame the Wartortle
Bayguel the Sandslash
Chimera the Eevee (unused)
Slave the Bellsprout (slave? Yeah, also, the only survivor of the onslaught of the fighting dojo...the f$@&?!)
Fallen comrades:
Clefinity the Clefable
Taka the Pidgeotto (truly missed)
Stubs the Dugtrio
Venus the Weepinbel
Many (so many) Rattatas
Secret Guy the female Zubat
And lastly, Lanza the Magikarp.
But! Know I have Katon the Charmander, Tailwind the Pidgey, and Roadie the Rattata. This file will turn out much better than the previous two.
My second was non-existent. I lost to the second rival battle :(
Wish me luck!

Rules I'll use:
Fainted pokemon will be dead (but boxed, with a sky wallpaper)
One catch per route! But no duplicates, which I should have employed on my first file..
Rare candies can revive a fainted pokemon, BUT only if I have it in my bag, while the pokemon is still "dead", and it must redeem itself with a battle without being healed beforehand.
Wish me luck!

Patrick Symus

I have already started a nuzlocke for Fire Red,... so I guess I will make this forum my first post... I am not going to take up too much forum space, and will just provide the link to the website with all of my updates and rules on it.
http://patricksymus.webs.com\nuzlocke
I will try to leave a current team here:
;005; Ignis
;016; Avis
;025; Fulminis
;129; Piscis
;041; Umbra

Last edited:

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Woah, it has been... quite a while o_O After beating May I trained my Pokemon to levels 21-23, got the bike, beat a few trainers and went to the gym. I had Dojo (Breloom) up front, and was feeling confident. Dojo OHKO'd Magnemite, GOAL beat Voltorb (though he survived wit only 2 HP left), and RoastChick beat Magneton. No deaths in this gym either, yay! :D Though I'm not looking forward for the next one... fire types... ugh.... Not being able to catch new Pokemon on the route to west, I just battled the trainers. Once I got to Verdanturf I stopped and tooka break

;256; RoastChick Lvl 24
;269; Pumpkin Lvl 22
;285; Dojo Lvl 24
;294; Joel Lvl 23
;316; GOAL Lvl 23

;263; NumeroUno Lv 3

Last edited:

Drummerdude

I cleared the desert of all the trainers and then I spent a long time training my entire team up to Lv30. Once I did that I hurried over to Petalburg and entered into my dad's gym. I defeated every single gym trainer with Punchy just to be on the safe side. I ended up taking a break before challenging Norman because I was terrified of losing team members. After two months I finally gathered the courage to challenge him. Punchy started off with a Fake Out on his first Slaking and then a couple Vital Throw's knocked it out. Puppee defeated Vigoroth with 2 Spark's, and then Norman's second Slaking was defeated the same way as the first one. All that worry for such an easy fight??? I got my badge and then taught Skipper Surf.

I decided to go do another Trick House challenge so I went east of Oldale and let Cheeky have a chance to shine against the Fighting types. Then I went to Slateport and surfed all the way to Dewford Town, skipping the Abandoned Ship for now. I caught a Tentacool (Jelly) on Route 109 and then a Wingull (Belle) on Route 107 but thanks to a Repel I skipped Route 108 for now. I took a break after healing in Dewford Town.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
;259; Skipper Lv30
;277; Cheeky Lv31
;297; Punchy Lv32
;310; Puppee Lv32
;218; Slucious Lv30
;345; Felipe Lv32

;263; Ughghgh Lv5
;293; Earily Lv6
;290; Sweeney Lv8
;315; MossEisley Lv14
;322; Camille Lv15
;027; Unwanted Lv 15
;271; Lily Lv 16
;041; Bruce Lv 15
;066; KehRaTay Lv 16
;328; Percy Lv21
;072; Jelly Lv5
;278; Belle Lv23

;267; Wonderworm Lv3-15
;262; Cerberus Lv3-22

TheSilentBang

Im An OxyMoron!
So guys! Im gonna start a LG (LeafGreen) Nuzlocke then afer that hopefully move on to a Emerald Wedlocke! We shall soon se! Wish me luck!

Drummerdude

I went back to the Abandoned Ship and cleared it before sailing back to Petalburg City. I went to Mauville City and learned from Wattson about some generator problems so I investigated and captured a Magnemite (PolesApart) in Old Mauville. I stopped the generator, got Thunderbolt, and then headed east onto Route 118 where I fished up a Magikarp (Derp) on Route 118. I beat the trainers in the area and proceeded north onto Route 119 and captured a Linoone (Ughghgh2). I made my way through the entire route and cleared out the Weather Institute and May no sweat. I healed in Fortree City and then went east onto Route 120 where I captured the hidden Kecleon (Cammo). I returned to Fortree and headed to the gym.

I let Slucious and Puppee take care of the gym trainers, but Winona proved to be a team effort. Skipper barely pulled off a victory against her Swellow, Puppee defeated both Skarmory and Pelliper with Spark, and then Altaria went down thanks to a collaborative effort from Punchy and Cheeky. I got Aerial Ace and then headed down Route 120. Skipper evolved into Swampert along the way which was awesome, but then tragedy struck! Felipe fainted from a critical hit Water Pulse from that freaking Milotic!! I decided on Cammo as Felipe's replacement. I took a break after the devastating loss.

Sapphire Nuzlocke
;260; Skipper Lv36
;277; Cheeky Lv35
;297; Punchy Lv35
;310; Puppee Lv35
;218; Slucious Lv35
;352; Cammo Lv30

;263; Ughghgh Lv5
;293; Earily Lv6
;290; Sweeney Lv8
;315; MossEisley Lv14
;322; Camille Lv15
;027; Unwanted Lv 15
;271; Lily Lv 16
;041; Bruce Lv 15
;066; KehRaTay Lv 16
;328; Percy Lv21
;072; Jelly Lv5
;278; Belle Lv23
;081; PolesApart Lv24
;129; Derp Lv23
;264; Ughghgh2 Lv25

;267; Wonderworm Lv3-15
;262; Cerberus Lv3-22
;345; Felipe Lv20-34

Last edited:
I've started a Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke.

Started as a male named Emer. I'm going to name my Pokemon after different types of foods. Chose Torchic and named him Hot Wingz. Beat May in two hits. Went and got the Poke Balls and PokeDex. Also got the Running Shoes. Caught Artichoke the Wurmple. Killed a Poochyena and a Zigzagoon :(. That's it for now. Cya next time! :D

Team:

;255; @nothing
lvl.10, Quiet Nature
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, Ember

;265; @nothing
lvl.3, Naughty Nature
Ability: Sheild Dust
Moves: Tackle, String Shot

Last edited:

Chandelurefan1

Now I have begun a Pokemon Firered Nuzlocke run

I follow the rules

If a Pokemon faints it is counted as dead and should be released
I'm only allowed to catch the first pokemon I encounter in the area.

Here is my progress

I started the game and named myself Aakash, while naming my rival Aswin. I chose Bulbasaur as my starter, my rival got a Charmander. I named my Bulbasaur Brute Root. I battled and defeated my rival. After that I went out and entered Route 1 and trained there. I went all the way to Viridian City for the Poke Mart and got Oaks Parcel. Upon returning to Professor Oaks Lab. I got my Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs.

I re-entered Route 1 and caught a Pidgey and named her Birdy. I trained both Brute Root and Birdy. After going west of Viridian City, I enter Route 22 and caught a Spearow and named him Halbird. I just trained them

;001; Brute Root- Lv9
;016; Birdy- Lv9
;021; Halbird- Lv9

None

None

;001; Bulbasaur- Brute Root- Pallet Town
;016; Pidgey- Birdy- Route 1
;021; Spearow- Halbird- Route 22

7 tyranitars

rules:

-A fainted pokemon is death.
-I can only catch the first pokemon in an area, that isn't a duplicate.
-No trading unless for evolving.
-No nicknames, seriously I hate them.
-Before every gym I have to add 1 pokemon. So for example I need 2 for gym one, 3 for gym 2, 4 for gym 3, etc..

For my pokemon Emerald I decided to go with a nuzlocke using the above mentioned rules, my starter will be Torchic. I did all the beginning stuff defeating May and getting a pokemon. For the Nuzlocke I will count Torchic as a Littleroot Town pokemon.

Now I could finally start, I went to catch some pokemon first; Route 101: Wurmple Route 102: Poochyena Route 103: Zigzagoon. I defeated the trainers on my way to Petalburg and I helped Wally get his Ralts. I went to Route 104, where I got a Wingul. I defeated the trainers there and went to Petalburg woods. I defeated the team aqua member there easily. I got myself a shroomish in Petalburg forest and went north back into Route 104, there defeated the other trainers and went into Rustboro City. Went east to Route 116 that is where I added a Taillow to my collection. And on the Rustturf Tunne I suprisingly came across a whismur. I trained my Torchic an extra level so he would evolve into a Combusken. After that I defeated the first Gym.

;256; Combusken Level 16
-Peck
-Double Kick
-Focus Energy
-Ember

;278; Wingull Level 14
-Growl
-Water Gun
-Super Sonic
-Wing Attack

;265; Wurmple Level 3
;261; Poochyena Level 3
;263; Zigzagoon Level 3
;285; Shroomish Level 5
;276; Taillow Level 8
;293; Whismur Level 7

Littleroot Town: ;255; Torchic Level 5
Route 101: ;265; Wurmple Level 3
Route 102: ;261; Poochyena Level 3
Route 103: ;263; Zigzagoon Level 3
Route 104: ;278; Wingull Level 4
Petalburg Woods: ;285; Shroomish Level 5
Route 116: ;276; Taillow Level 8
Rustturf Tunnel: ;293; Whismur Level 7

Last edited:

zerozoner

First time doing a Nuzlocke, so doing it in the game I know the best Pokemon Emerald. Since this is my first go through I'm keeping the rules simple.

-A fainted Pokemon is dead.
-I can only catch the first Pokemon in an area, that isn't a duplicate.
-No Pokemon that require trading.
-Every change in encounter percentage is considered a new area. (Easy mode for first Nuzlocke)

Journal-
6/7/13
Why do I keep on criting everything I'm trying to catch? Thank goodness I'm only using Mud-Slap.

Team so far.

Hector:
258.gif
level 8

Grave:
261.gif
level 3

Ziggzagoon:
263.gif
level 3 (Forgot to give Nickname)

Last edited:

eltigras

I started a nuzlocke again with sapphire.
I am now in Rustburo City training for Roxanne

My team atm

Loco/Whismur: lvl 9
Pala/Dustox: lvl 11
Aqua/mudkip: lvl 13
Salty/nincada: lvl 10
HM Slave/zigzagoon: lvl 10

Box

Bless/slakoth: lvl 6

Dead

Negro/poochyena: lvl 7

Shinymoonumbreon

Darkness user
Doing a Emerald Nuzlocke,
Rules
- First pokemon you see have to catch
- Nickname all pokemon
- Evolve by only battle Trainers/Gym Leaders No wild pokemon
- Only heal at Pokemon Centres
- Only use items found in fields.
- Floors in caves are counted as different areas.

Name character Taylor, Started with Torchic(Male) Named it Seno. Surprisingly Ran into no pokemon while going to battle Brendan beat Brendan and Leveled up to level 6. First pokemon seen is a Poochyena, Named him Nasus (route 101). Healed up at Oldale town went to route 103 again caught a wingull named him Kami. After catching and defeating the two first trainers at route 102 i ran into a Zigzagoon caught and named her Scout. Just before the next town lost Kami in a trainer battle with near death to all other team members.

Upon getting to PetalBurg city we put Kami in the dead box, and healed up the rest of the team.

;255; Torchic - Seno
;261; Poochyena - Nasus
;263; Zigzagoon - Scout

;278;Wingull - Kami

Last edited:

Shinymoonumbreon

Darkness user
Continuing on from route 104 after helping Wally catch his Ralts I ran into one of my favourite pokemon off Tailow. Managed to catch Him and named him Ace. Beat all the trainers and running low on health with all pokemon except Seno. caught Shroomish in Petalborg forest and continuing on to the next city in hope for healing. Passed through Rustboro City and healed up continued on to route 116 found a whismur and named him Beatz. Training everyone up on route 116 before going to fight Roxanne while doing that we Lost Nasus. Had another bad switch out while training and lost Beatz already. Ivy Solo'd Roxannes gym and lost no one.

With a horrible start we lose Scout while trying to help get Team Aqua. after getting the PokeNav we continue on to the next area, During the fight with Brendan, Seno has Evolved. After getting to Dewford City i realise my pokemon will be too weak to beat Brawly so i go off to train in the cave, after training in the cave getting Ace to 16, Seno to 21 and Ivy to 15 we manage to defeat Brawly and give Steven the note. As well as managed to catch an Aron named Ms. Stark. and now we had off to Slateport.
;255; Combusken - Seno - 21
;276; Tailow - Ace - 18
;285; Shroomish - Ivy - 15
;304; Aron - Ms Stark - 11

;278; Wingull - Kami - 2
;261; Poochyena - Nasus - 8
;293; Whismur - Beatz - 7
;263; Zigzagoon - Scout - 8

Last edited:

Shinymoonumbreon

Darkness user
After gettign to Slateport we catch a Eletrike and named her sovi, shortly after we lose her and Ms. Stark, and then we head off to challenge Mauvilles gym leader after some long training. Ace has evolved and Ivy has evolved. We head up to Mt Chimney to help Team Aqua stop Team Magma and then down to challenge Flannery and get an Egg. We get Go-goggles and catch a Trapinch named JetStream. To end of the night last night we went to beat Norman which was really easy with Seno and Ivy with their fighting moves.

The egg hatches and we catch some new pokemon, Swablu and Marill (Cloud Nine and Rollz) and we head off to route 118 by surfing across and getting a good rod, We catch another Manetrike and name it Bolt. As well as fishing finds us a level 27 Carvanha named Kisame and caught it which is going to be a big help we also lose Rollz in a trainer battle. in a double battle on route 123 we lose cloud 9. Ivy goes down to Poison after a trainer battle... Caught a Tropius named it Banana and as a gift we got a Castform Named Strata During the battle with Brendan we lost Tropius. We make it to Fortree City, With half my pokemon under level we will be training for a while.

Poochyena - Joce - 13
Wynaut - Why Not - 5
Blaziken - Seno - 35
Swellow - Ace - 30
Trapinch - Jetstream - 25
Carvanha - Kisame - 27
Manetrike - Bolt - 26
Castform - Strata - 25

Wingull - Kami
Poochyena - Nasus
Whismur - Beatz
Zigzagoon - Scout
Aron - Ms Stark
Electrike - Sovi
Swablu - Cloud 9
Marill - Rollz
Breloom - Ivy
Tropius - Banana
Weezing - Weezer

eltigras

Since my last nuzlocke ended in a failure against Norman, i start again.
A Sapphire nuzlocke is going to be the thing to do.
My starter is gonna be based on my trained id

-My trained id is ending with a 3 so I take treecko (craps)
- Beaten May and her Torchic
- Caught a wurmple on route 101 (Nagi)
- Caught a zigzagoon on route 103 (Jagger)
- Caught a Lotad on route 102 (Paddle)
- Nagi the Wurmple evolved into Silcoon
- Caught a wingull on route 103 (Haven)
- Haven died in battle with a taillow of a trainer :(
- Found a shroomish in petalburg woods but was killed by Nagi
- Nagi evolved into beautifly
- Caught a taillow on route 116 (Goon)
- Caught a whismur in Rusturf Tunnel (Boom)
- Craps evolved into Grovyle
- Paddle evolved into lonbre
- Received the badge after defeating Roxanne.

My team atm

;253; Craps lvl 16
;263; Jagger lvl 10
;271; Paddle lvl 15
;267; Nagi lvl 10
;276; Goon lvl 11

Box

;293; Boom lvl 8

Dead

;278; Haven 3-7