• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

I challenge you to do a EverLocke for 3rd gen!

What is an EverLocke Challenge?

An EverLocke challenge is a variation of the famous Nuzlocke challenge. It follows some of the same guidelines with a twist; all your pokemon must hold an everstone if possible!

EverLocke Challenge Rules
  • Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
  • You can only use the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/town/city/cave.
  • All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
  • If any Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and cannot battle anymore. You must then release it or place it in your PC Box.
  • Every Pokemon you catch CANNOT be evolved and must have an everstone as a held item at all times
  • For every gym leader that you defeat you are allowed ONE evolution. Choose your evolutions wisely.
  • Once a pokemon you have reaches its final evolution, you may remove the everstone and replace it with an item of your choice.
  • If you do not have more then one everstone, you must press 'B' to stop the evolution at every time.
  • If you wish to use any other restrictions, please specify them in the first post you make in this thread for your challenge.

Shiny Espeon0429

A Nuzlocke Newbie here, but I'm going to try my hand at it on Emerald. I'm not going to make it overly difficult as its my first one, but also I'm not just going to have the first two rules as I know Emerald quite well and I'm a naturally cautious player anyway. Here are my rules:

1. When a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead. I cannot do anything with it, except put it in a Death Box in my PC. I can't use it for trades or anything like that. I can't revive it, it is dead.
2. I must nickname all of my Pokemon.
3. I will catch the first Pokemon I see on every route/city, but if I don't like it I can bench it and use it at a later date to replace a fallen comrade. However, I must use my starter.
4. If I accidentally kill the first Pokemon from a certain area, I can't capture a new one, I've lost my opportunity to capture a Pokemon from that area.
5. If the first Pokemon on a route is one I have caught before, then it doesn't count and the first Pokemon for that route is the first one I see that I haven't caught before. If a Pokemon from a previous route dies and I encounter it again first, I still cannot capture it.
6. If I have visited the route before I receive Pokeballs, I can still return to that Route and catch a Pokemon.
7. I can use repels but not until I have encountered my first Pokemon in that area.
8. I can use healing items in battle.
9. To determine what starter I pick, I will look at my Trainer ID. If my ID ends in 1, 4 or 7, I must pick Treecko. If it ends in 2, 5 or 8, I must pick Torchic. If it ends in a 3, 6 or 9, I must pick Mudkip. If it ends in a 0, I get free reign over which starter I pick.
10. If I white out at any point in the game, it is considered a Game Over, even if I have Pokemon still remaining on the bench.
11. The game ends when either I run out of Pokemon and Benched Pokemon, white out or defeat Wallace at the Pokemon League.
12. There are no Pokemon Centre restrictions (Its my first run!)
13. If I see a shiny in the wild, I reserve the right to catch it. However, I can't use it in my team unless it was the first Pokemon found in the route/city. If it wasn't the first found, it must be permanently boxed until the end of the challenge.

I'm quite nervous actually! Here I go! I've started, called myself Locke (Get it?) and Trainer ID is... 65522, which means I get Torchic! Yay! I did all the boring side-quest stuff, picked... Torchic of course! :)
And saved Prof. Birch from the Poochyena. I nicknamed Torchic Sarge and trained Sarge to Lv8 before taking on May. I was taking no chances. I beat May comfortably, went back to Littleroot and picked up Pokeballs. I went north to Route 101 and the first pokemon was a... Poochyena! Which I caught and promptly named Travis. I've just healed and I'm about to train Travis as I haven't used a Poochyena in a while...

New Additions:

Spr_3e_255.gif
Sarge the Torchic

Spr_3e_261.gif
Travis the Poochyena

;255; Sarge - Torchic Lv9
Brave Male
Scratch
Growl
Focus Energy

;261; Travis - Poochyena Lv3
Docile Male
Tackle

None

None! :D

;255; Torchic - Sarge - Littleroot Town
;261; Poochyena - Travis - Route 101

Last edited:

Swoobat

Good luck, Shiny Espeon0429!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, now I have 60 Pokémon, so now I can go to the other islands as well.

- One Island again! Now I have to find the gems... I spoke to Celio, and was told to look for them in One Island.
- Got to Mt. Ember, where I met Team Rocket once again. What are their plans here? I battled them (lv 37 and 35, seriously?)
- I got to another part of Mt. Ember, which I consider to be a different place. I caught a lv 24 Slugma here. I named it God. It was Naive.
- In the end I found the Ruby and gave it to Helio. He gave me the Rainbow Pass.
- I got to the Four Island, where I found Gary. A lv 12 Wooper was my encounter in this island. I caught it and named it Upah. It was Quirky.
- Went to the Icefall Cave, where I caught a lv 45 Seel and named it Foca. It was Calm.
- Found a Nevermeltice, and, more importantly, HM07 Waterfall. Had to teach it to Shellhorn.
- Using Waterfall, I found Lorelei facing a few Rocket grunts. "So despicably weak". Now I kow where their hideout is: In the Five Island. Time to go there!
- There I caught a lv 12 Hoppip, which I named Jumpy and was Adamant. Went to the Water Labyrinth.
- Another lv 12 Hoppip was my encounter here. I caught it and named it Saltarin. It was Impish. Also recieved an Egg.
- Got to the Resort Gorgeous, where I caught a lv 17 Qwilfish and named it Pinchi. It was Bashful.

;020; Fear, Lv 4-60, Hardy nature, Male.
;097; Dreammm, Lv 11-62, Mild nature, Female.
;135; Bolt, Lv 25-61, Bold nature, Male.
;085; Cabezas, Lv 24-62, Rash nature, Male.
;131; Shellhorn, Lv 25-60, Hasty nature, Male.
;052; Biendicho, Lv 12-12, Bashful nature, Female.

;011; Capulli, Lv 5-5, Adamant nature, Male
;019; Top, Lv 10-10, Quirky nature, Male.
;015; Gafe, Lv 8-10, Calm nature, Female.
;012; Spupa, Lv 7-10, Hardy nature, Female.
;130; Krapp, Lv 5-20, Adamant nature, Female.
;023; Kobsnak, Lv 11-11, Calm nature, Female.
;021; Piukiller, Lv 13-13, Naughty nature, Female.
;056; Ragey, Lv 16-16, Impish nature, Male.
;024; Solid, Lv 19-22, Jolly nature, Female.
;044; Arbustillo, Lv 19-21, Modest nature, Male.
;022; Misspiu, Lv 20-21, Sassy nature, Female.
;093; Jack, Lv 14-25, Quirky nature, Female.
;048; Antena, Lv 24-24, Brave nature, Female.
;049; Eyey, Lv 24-31, Careful nature, Male.
;119; Reddy, Lv 24-33, Adamant nature, Female.
;084; Avestruzo, Lv 24-24, Impish nature, Male.
;052; Maul, Lv 10-10, Rash nature, Male.
;082; Dragmag, Lv 22-34, Quiet nature.
;117; Dragoon, Lv 22-32, Hardy nature, Female.
;072; Medusa, Lv 10-10, Timid nature, Male.
;116; Seam, Lv 22-22, Hasty nature, Female.
;055; Tonto, Lv 29-33, Naughty nature, Male.
;142; Ancient, Lv 5-5, Bold nature, Male.
;143; Yawny, Lv 30-30, Naive nature, Male.
;109; Boom, Lv 28-28, Mild nature, Female.
;078; Wind, Lv 34-40, Mild nature, Male.
;074; Puncheter, Lv 33-33, Lonely nature, Male.
;067; Cachas, Lv 40-40, Lax nature, Female.
;045; Peste, Lv 36-36, Quirky nature, Female.
;103; Edgey, Lv 35-37, Hardy nature, Male.
;062; Espiral, Lv 26-26, Mild nature, Male.
;095; Brocker, Lv 46-46, Calm nature, Male.
;114; Enredo, Lv 33-33, Quiet nature, Male.
;130; Groar, Lv 18-18, Adamant nature, Male.
;060; Polis, Lv 18-18, Naughty nature, Female.
;218; God, Lv 24-24, Naive nature, Female.
;194; Upah, Lv 12-12, Quirky nature, Male.
;086; Foca, Lv 45-45, Calm nature, Male.
;187; Jumpy, Lv 12-12, Adamant nature, Female.
;211; Pinchi, Lv 17-17, Bashful nature, Female.

;016; Piu, Lv 3-15, Male. Died to a Youngster's Spearow Fury Attack at Route 3.
;075; Puncher, Lv 7-28, Male. Died to a Hiker's Geodude Magnitude 9 at the Rock Tunnel.
;006; Ascua, Lv 5-47, Male. Died to a Channeler's Gastly Destiny Bond at Sabrina's gym.
;050; Molish, Lv 17-18, Female. Died to a wild lv 36 Fearow becasue of a big mistake of mine.

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Rattata/Raticate
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
Meowth/Persian
Mankey/Primeape
Ekans/Arbok
Spearow/Fearow
Venonat/Venomoth
Doduo/Dodrio
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Geodude/Graveler/Golem
Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume/Bellossom
Psyduck/Golduck
Tangela
MagiKrap/Gyarados
Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed
Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff

Last edited:

Shiny Espeon0429

Thank you Swoobat, much appreciated. :)

Well a quick update. Travis was trained without too much issue and I decided to see what Pokemon I'd get from Route 103 and 102. On Route 103, the first four or five Pokemon were Poochyena, which I already had and so I caught the fifth Pokemon to appear... Wingull! Which I promptly named Zazu (Yeah it sucks but I'm sure I'll grow to like it!) and then I went to Route 102 where the first pokemon was sadly Wurmple (nicknamed Rafa). :( I was hoping for Lotad or if I was really lucky a Ralts. After training everyone to Lv10, Rafa evolved twice into the Dustox line! I headed to Petalburg and did the Wally side-quest and decided to update!

New Additions:

Spr_3e_278.gif
Zazu the Wingull

Spr_3e_265.gif
Rafa the Wurmple

New Evolutions:

Spr_3e_268.gif
Rafa evolved to Cascoon

Spr_3e_269.gif
Rafa evolved to Dustox

;255; Sarge - Torchic Lv10
Brave Male
Scratch
Growl
Focus Energy
Ember

;261; Travis - Poochyena Lv11
Docile Male
Tackle
Howl
Sand Attack

;278; Zazu - Wingull Lv10
Adamant :)() Male
Water Gun
Growl
Supersonic

;269; Rafa - Dustox Lv10
Mild Female
Tackle
String Shot
Poison Sting
Confusion

None

;278; Wingull - Zazu - Route 103
;265; Wurmple - Rafa - Route 102

1. When a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead. I cannot do anything with it, except put it in a Death Box in my PC. I can't use it for trades or anything like that. I can't revive it, it is dead.
3. I will catch the first Pokemon I see on every route/city, but if I don't like it I can bench it and use it at a later date to replace a fallen comrade. However, I must use my starter.
4. If I accidentally kill the first Pokemon from a certain area, I can't capture a new one, I've lost my opportunity to capture a Pokemon from that area.
5. If the first Pokemon on a route is one I have caught before, then it doesn't count and the first Pokemon for that route is the first one I see that I haven't caught before. If a Pokemon from a previous route dies and I encounter it again first, I still cannot capture it.
6. If I have visited the route before I receive Pokeballs, I can still return to that Route and catch a Pokemon.
7. I can use repels but not until I have encountered my first Pokemon in that area.
9. To determine what starter I pick, I will look at my Trainer ID. If my ID ends in 1, 4 or 7, I must pick Treecko. If it ends in 2, 5 or 8, I must pick Torchic. If it ends in a 3, 6 or 9, I must pick Mudkip. If it ends in a 0, I get free reign over which starter I pick.
10. If I white out at any point in the game, it is considered a Game Over, even if I have Pokemon still remaining on the bench.
11. The game ends when either I run out of Pokemon and Benched Pokemon, white out or defeat Wallace at the Pokemon League.
13. If I see a shiny in the wild, I reserve the right to catch it. However, I can't use it in my team unless it was the first Pokemon found in the route/city. If it wasn't the first found, it must be permanently boxed until the end of the challenge.

I'll probably wait before the next update, Its a lot to write! Not sure if I'll keep many of them long term. Rafa probably not and Zazu depends on whether I get a Taillow in Route 104...

Good luck to everyone doing a Nuzlocke! :)

Last edited:

Swoobat

Ups, an Adamant Wingull, sorry about that, well, a Wingull proved to be very important in my Emerald nuzlocke, but mine had a better nature.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, let's keep on exploring the islands. (I lost progress, it seems I forgot to save, so I'll have to redo this part).

- Got to the Lost Cave. There I caught a v 52 Haunter, and named it Jeje. It was... Modest!
- Found and beat Lady Selphy in the cave.
- Went to the Five Island Meadow, where I met and caught a lv 15 Sentret. I named it Cutey and it was Modest.
- I beat the Rockets, but now I need a second password to enter the warehouse. Six Island is my next destiny.
- In the Water Path I ran into another Sentret, a lv 10 one. I caught it and named it Cuqui, and it was Lax.

;020; Fear, Lv 4-61, Hardy nature, Male.
;097; Dreammm, Lv 11-62, Mild nature, Female.
;135; Bolt, Lv 25-61, Bold nature, Male.
;085; Cabezas, Lv 24-62, Rash nature, Male.
;131; Shellhorn, Lv 25-60, Hasty nature, Male.

;187; Saltarin, Lv 12-12, Impish nature, Male.
;093; Jeje, Lv 52-52, Modest nature, Female.
;161; Cutey, Lv 15-15, Modest nature, Female.
;161; Cuqui, Lv 10-10, Lax nature, Female.

;075; Puncher, Lv 7-28, Male. Died to a Hiker's Geodude Magnitude 9 at the Rock Tunnel.
;006; Ascua, Lv 5-47, Male. Died to a Channeler's Gastly Destiny Bond at Sabrina's gym.
;050; Molish, Lv 17-18, Female. Died to a wild lv 36 Fearow becasue of a big mistake of mine.

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Rattata/Raticate
Meowth/Persian
Mankey/Primeape
Ekans/Arbok
Spearow/Fearow
Venonat/Venomoth
Doduo/Dodrio
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Geodude/Graveler/Golem
Psyduck/Golduck
Tangela
MagiKrap/Gyarados
Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar
Sentret/Furret

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
It's currently 12:21 AM and I'm bored, time to start up a Leaf Green Nuzlocke Challenge :D

Da Rules:
- Pokemon faints it's considered Dead and must be released.
- Can only catch the first Pokemon in each area.
- Must nickname all Pokemon.

Exceptions:
- Areas don't count until I've received the Pokedex and Pokeballs.
- Not following the duplicate clause(meaning I'm allowed to catch the same Pokemon even if I've already caught it in a different route.)
- I can catch shinies, but I'm not allowed to use them.(Extremely rare but has actually happened before.)
- The Safari Zone/Game Corner, I will only be able to catch/buy one Pokemon only.
- I can catch the first Snorlax regardless if I've caught/fainted the first Pokemon in that area. I'm counting them separate, I'll than be unable to catch the second one regardless.

I've decided to choose a different starter since I've always gone with Charmander, so I'll be choosing Squirtle as my starter.[Fun fact about me, in my history of playing R/B/Y and Leaf Green I have chosen Bulbasaur only twice and Squirtle only three times(now four).]

I gave Squirtle the nickname Tortuga the Spanish word for Turtle. It's nature is Mild. I always hate the in-game tutorials, I've been playing this series for 15+ years now. I'm pretty sure I know all the basics :)
Anyways I beat my Rival Blue, it would really suck to lose to him right at the start. Some of you might be saying How could you lose? Two words Critical-hit! Don't believe me, well Swoobat knows, btw sorry about that dude it happens :(
After I delivered Oak's package and receive my Pokedex and Pokeballs this Nuzlocke challenge has officially started. An on Route 1 I actually managed to get through it without a single wild battle...aside from that I went back and caught a lv 3 Pidgey with Hasty nature that I named Jack.

;007; Tortuga Lv 5-7
;016; Jack Lv 3

It's late now I'll post....later today after I've gotten some sleep lol.

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I made it to Viridian City again and went straight to Route 22 to catch another team member. Was kind of hopping for a Mankey but I find a Rattata Lv 3 and nicknamed it Kate. I then headed to Route 2, there's a rare chance of getting a nidoran I hate how they changed that. I found another Rattata Lv 4 and nicknamed it Smith, an since I'm not following the duplicate clause so I'm allowed to catch it. I went ahead back to Route 22 and started to grind just a few levels to face my Rival. When I fought him I nearly lost Tortuga because of stupid Sand-Attack, I missed three times in a row MOST ANNOYING MOVE EVER!
When I beat him I decided to prepare for Viridian Forest meaning buy tons of antidotes. The first Pokemon I found in the Viridian Forest was a Weedle Lv 4 which I nicknamed Buzz. Jack learned Gust which made this area a whole lot easier for me. I did the whole let Buzz go first then switch so it'll gain exp and didn't take long for it to level up to 7 and evolve. I made it to Pewter City and since I have Tortuga the gym is going to be a piece of cake. Well I took on Brock and I was too cocky switching back and fourth between Buzz and Tortuga to level it up and evolve. Brock's Onix brought my Squirtle down to 1 Hp but luckily Onix isn't faster and I beat him by blowing bubbles. Both Buzz and Tortuga leveled up to 10 and 11 meaning Buzz evolved into Beedrill. Now it's time to head to Route 3 and just before I leave Pewter City Professor Oak's aid gives me the Running Shoes, Yeeessssssssssss.

;007; Tortuga Lv 11
;016; Jack Lv 11
;019; Kate Lv 7
;019; Smith Lv 7
;015; Buzz Lv 10

Last edited:

Swoobat

You're right Zyon, it happens, two crits after a Tail Whip beat my Charmander before. I should have used the Potion after the first critical hit, but I didn't expect two in a row.

Well, let's explore the Six Island today.

- Decided to explore the north part first. Got to the Green Path and then to the Pattern Bush.
- A lv 9 Kakuna was my encounter here... ¡THANKS, LADY LUCK! And I needed 3 Ultra Balls to catch it. I named it Unwanted and it was Modest. Now it's even more unwanted. I beat all the trainers here and got to the other side of the Green Path.
- Here I caught a Mild lv 18 Tentacool. I named it Picar. Got to the Outcast Island.
- Entered the Altering Cave and there I caught a lv 12 Zubat. It was Calm. I named it Cruelbat, like the Crobat that got to the end of my Emerald nuzlocke. (I can't believe I met my first Zubat/Golbat this far...)
- Now I explored the south part of the island. I got to the Ruin Valley, where I caught a lv 15 Natu. I named it Magic and it was Naughty. (I am losing imagination, I can't think of original nicknames...)
- Entered the Dotted Hole using Cut.
- Got to the Sapphire, but an annoying scientist took it... He told me the 2nd password for the Rocket hideout though.
- Now I'll explore the Seven Island, and after that I'll beat the Rockets.

;020; Fear, Lv 4-63, Hardy nature, Male.
;097; Dreammm, Lv 11-63, Mild nature, Female.
;135; Bolt, Lv 25-62, Bold nature, Male.
;085; Cabezas, Lv 24-63, Rash nature, Male.
;131; Shellhorn, Lv 25-62, Hasty nature, Male.

;014; Unwanted, Lv 9-9, Modest nature, Male.
;072; Picar, Lv 18-18, Mild nature, Female.
;041; Cruelbat, Lv 12-12, Calm nature, Male.
;177; Magic, Lv 15-15, Naughty nature, Male.

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Rattata/Raticate
Meowth/Persian
Mankey/Primeape
Ekans/Arbok
Spearow/Fearow
Venonat/Venomoth
Doduo/Dodrio
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Geodude/Graveler/Golem
Psyduck/Golduck
Tangela
MagiKrap/Gyarados
Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar
Sentret/Furret
Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
Tentacool/Tentacruel

Shiny Espeon0429

Right people, I’ve got my first gym badge and my team are motoring on nicely! Anyway, my first step was to go and find my first Pokemon in Route 104. The first two or three were either Wurmple or Poochyena, but fourth up was Taillow – Get in! (Swellow is one of my favourite Pokemon) After naming him Pecks, I trained him up and had a very nervous moment when he was on 1HP! Luckily he survived and I defeated the Route 104 trainers and went into Petalburg Woods where I found the second Pokemon (the first was a Wurmple) – Shroomish, another one of my favourites :) which I named Peanut (After my favourite Animal Crossing villager) and trained her up on a par with Pokemon. I swept through Petalburg Woods and defeated the Team Aqua grunt before going out back onto Route 104. I’d already caught a Pokemon here so I motored onwards to Rustboro City where I promptly benched Travis and Rafa, who I didn’t need for now. I swept Rustoboro gym, trained my team up to Level 16, where Sarge evolved! And I headed for the gym... Roxanne luckily didn’t pose much of a threat to me. Zazu took out the first Geodude with Water Gun, the second Geodude was taken out with Mega Drain, before I sent out Sarge against Nosepass. Nosepass tried to use Rock Tomb, but Sarge was too strong with Double Kick and though Roxanne healed twice, I still prevailed to live another day!

New Additions:

Spr_3e_276.gif
Pecks the Taillow
Spr_3e_285.gif
Peanut the Shroomish

New Evolutions:

Spr_3e_256.gif
Sarge evolved to Combusken

;256; Sarge – Combusken Lv16
Brave Male
Ember
Peck
Double Kick
Scratch

;278; Zazu – Wingull Lv16
Adamant Male
Wing Attack
Growl
Supersonic
Water Gun

;276; Pecks – Taillow Lv16
Lax Male
Wing Attack (Forget Peck for it by accident :()
Growl
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

;285; Peanut – Shroomish Lv16
Rash Female
Mega Drain
Tackle
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

;261; Travis – Poochyena Lv11
;269; Rafa – Dustox Lv10

;278; Wingull - Zazu - Route 103
;265; Wurmple - Rafa - Route 102
;276; Taillow - Pecks - Route 104
;285; Shroomish - Peanut - Petalburg Woods

BTW: I’m adding a new rule regarding shines. This is something I've just thought of and hasn't happened to me yet! If I see a shiny in the wild, I reserve the right to catch it. However, I can't use it in my team unless it was the first Pokemon found in the route/city. If it wasn't the first found, it must be permanently boxed until the end of the challenge.
I'll go back and edit it in the previous updates! :)

OK, I'll probably update after Brawly. Tbh, I'm not sure if I'll catch any Pokemon for the long term before then but it depends on who I catch. Its going well so far, no casualties as of yet and I hope it stays that way!

Last edited:

Swoobat

Well, this quest is reaching its end...

- Got to the Seven Island and went North first, reaching the Trainer Tower.
- Just beat the 2 Psychics there.
- Now, south to the Canyon Entrance.
- There I caught a lv 10 Phanpy. I named it Trompa and it was Naughty.
- Got to the Seavault Canyon, where I caught a lv 15 Phanpy. I named it Elef and it was Adamant.
- Solved the Tanoby Key puzzle and went on exploring the Seavault Canyon beating the remaining trainers.
- Danced the Chansey Dance and then got to the Tanoby Ruins. I caught a lv 25 Unown in one of the Chambers and named it Unknown. It was Naive.
- The Rocket Hideout awaits me!
- Got to the hideout after passing by the already beaten grunts.
- Began battling the grunts. Found TM36 Sludge Bomb.
- Dreammm took care of the first Admin using Psychic, and now it's time to deal with the hardest trainer in the islands.
- Tough? Not at all! Shellhorn took Golbat and Houndoom down with Ice Beam and Surf, respectively, and Weezing fell to Dreammm's Psychic.
- A scientist is left. Fear dealt with the Voltorb, the Electrode and the Porygon, and Shellhorn destroyed Magnemite and Magneton with Surf. Finally got the Sapphire.
- Gave the Sapphire to Celio. His machine works now!
- Cerulean Cave is now available! I'll explore it...
- A lv 61 Ditto was my encounter there. I caught it and named it Pinky. It was Hasty. Got to Mewtwo after getting all the items, but didn't fight it.

I think I can say the challenge is over. Gary's best Pokémon is at lv 75, and to reach those levels I'd have to grind a lot. Thanks all of you that read through the whole thing, I've enjoyed this nuzlocke a lot, although I expected more losses, things went better than I expected.

I can't believe a Raticate I caught at the first Route endured the whole game without fainting. It was much weaker than Dodrio, but it could beat trainers, and its Return was amazing. Lapras is a great Pokémon to have, it's better than Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan as a Saffron encouter in my opinion. Jolteon is fast and strong, making it a very nice Pokémon. Hypno is amazing for a nuzlocke as it's quite bulky and learns Psychic really early in case you don't want to spend the TM. Besides, it's also very common, easy to get. Dodrio proved to be very useful and replaced Charizard quite nicely, as its Drill Peck hurts a lot. And I can't forget Meowth. Its Pickup ability and compatibility with some HMs made it quite good to have. Pickup gave me a ton useful items, and some Nuggets as well.

Well, it's over. I've written quite a bit these days, and played a lot. I hope you enjoyed reading my progress, I am not a good writer, that I know (English isn't even my first language and that may make me sound repetitive sometimes), but I did my best in trying to express myself and telling you how things went. Thanks for reading those who did, and expect to see me in this forums soon, as this hasn't been my last challenge.

;020; Fear, Lv 4-64, Hardy nature, Male.
;097; Dreammm, Lv 11-64, Mild nature, Female.
;135; Bolt, Lv 25-64, Bold nature, Male.
;085; Cabezas, Lv 24-64, Rash nature, Male.
;131; Shellhorn, Lv 25-64, Hasty nature, Male.

;014; Unwanted, Lv 9-9, Modest nature, Male.
;072; Picar, Lv 18-18, Mild nature, Female.
;041; Cruelbat, Lv 12-12, Calm nature, Male.
;177; Magic, Lv 15-15, Naughty nature, Male.
;231; Trompa, Lv 10-10, Naughty nature, Male.
;231; Elef, Lv 15-15, Adamant nature, Male.
;201-n; Unknown, Lv 25-25, Naive nature.
;132; Pinky, Lv 61-61, Hasty nature.

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Rattata/Raticate
Meowth/Persian
Mankey/Primeape
Ekans/Arbok
Spearow/Fearow
Venonat/Venomoth
Doduo/Dodrio
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Geodude/Graveler/Golem
Psyduck/Golduck
Tangela
MagiKrap/Gyarados
Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar
Sentret/Furret
Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
Tentacool/Tentacruel
Phanpy/Donphan

EDIT: Oh, well, in the end I tried beating the E4 again, with the rules intact, but considering the challenge as finished; I mean, if I were to lose, it doesn't matter, this nuzlocke is a success whether I lose the rematches or not. If I had taken this seriously I would have grinded for this, just I wanted to see how my team would perform against these overleveled trainers. I surprisingly got to Gary, but without Cabezas and Dreammm, and Heracross destroyed Shellhorn, Fear and Bolt. Well, Shellhorn managed to beat the Heracross in the end, but Shellhorn was so low in health that Tyranitar's Sandstorm killed it immediately. If I had had Cabezas, it would have been possible, but it fell to Agatha's Gengar. Dreammm fell to Lance's Kingdra, a critical Surf killed it. But as I said, this doesn't count, as I didn't even prepare for it, the nuzlocke is a success.

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
-On Route 3 I was too stubborn to switch and Kate died by a Pidgey's Gust
-On Route 3 I found another Pidgey but decided not to catch it.
-I went into Mt. Moon and found a Zubat however Smith just had to get a Crit. So no Pokemon for this area :(
-About halfway through Mt. Moon Tortuga evolves into Wartortle.
-I made it to the last Team Rocket grunt and Jack was already half Hp but got destroyed by a Rattat's Hyper Fang. I wasn't paying much attention so it caught me by surprise.
-So since my other Pokemon except Tortuga were low on Hp I just went ahead and let Tortuga lead just to play it safe.
-When I beat the Super nerd I chose the Dome fossil. I'll go back and get the Old Amber and decided later which fossil I want to use.
-I made it out of Mt. Moon and just for the lolz I taught Tortuga Mega Kick.
-After depositing Jack in my death box I go back to Route 4 to look for a new team member.
-I found a Lv 8 Spearow that I named Jake, with Relaxed nature.
-Now it's time to grind a little for the battle against our Rival.

;008; Tortuga Lv 18
;019; Smith Lv 15
;015; Buzz Lv 13
;021; Jake Lv 8

;019; Kate Lv 3-7, Died Route 3 to Pidgey's Gust
;016; Jack Lv 3-14, Died Mt. Moon to Rattata's Hyper Fang

When dealing with duplicate Pokemon, since it's my choice if I want to catch it again or not when I already have one active(team) or on standby(PC). If I choose to not catch it again I'll allow myself to catch the next Pokemon that appears which then I'll follow the old rule of catching a pokemon meaning if it's the same again or one that I already have that's not dead I won't get anything in that area.
*My rules will be updated and posted on my next post.*

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
-I faced against my Rival Blue and again nearly lost Tortuga cause of leech seed and poison powder. Why I didn't switch to Buzz before is beyond me.
-I then take on the Nugget Bridge Challenge, to bad I can't do the Nugget glitch since this is a Nuzlocke Challenge XD
-I love nidoran but I hate it when I'm facing them because of Poison Point. Anyways I beat the Nugget Bridge got the Nugget and beat the Team Rocket grunt.
-I found a Lv 8 Metapod on Route 24 and nicknamed it Sammy.
-I found a Lv 13 Bellsprout (Yes thx game), Route 25 and nicknamed it Isabel.
-I made it to Bills and helped him and gave me the S.S Anne ticket.
-Before facing against Misty I decided to go on to Route 5 to get another Pokemon.
-I found a Lv 12 Meowth on Route 5 and nicknamed it Evin
-Went to face Misty to get my 2nd gym badge, but man her Starmie was so annoying. Paralyzed it with Isabel and switched to Tortuga kept using Bite since it's super-effective and it kept using Recover. Finally got it to the red and Misty uses a Super Potion. After it couldn't move because of Para hax and then flinching I finally was able to beat it.

;008; Tortuga Lv 20
;019; Smith Lv 19
;069; Isabel Lv 20
;015; Buzz Lv 18
;021; Jake Lv 16
;052; Evin Lv 12

;011; Sammy Lv 8

*Now heading to Vermilion City.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
-I travel down Route 5 and through the Underground Path and came out in Route 6.
-I found a Lv 15 Pidgey on Route 6 and nicknamed it Jackie.
-While fighting the trainers on Route 6, Smith evolved into Raticate.
-I made it to Vermilion City and got myself an old rod from the fisherman.
-I headed east to Route 11 and entered in Diglett's Cave, What kind of Pokemon will I ever find in this cave?
-In Diglett's Cave I found a Lv 19 Diglett and nicknamed it DigDug.(I love that game)
-I found a Lv 14 Sandshrew and nicknamed it Molly.
-Now I've got two ground types, gotta take on S.S Anne and then Lt. Surge should be a peice of cake.
-While battling the trainers in S.S Anne Isabel evolves into Weepinbell.
-An I almost forgot that Evin has Pick Up ability I've gotten three Rare Candies in a row already from just walking around the ship :O
-An to top it of Evin found a Nugget :D
-I took on my Rival besides Tortuga getting a little roughed up by his Ivysaur I smashed his team. Then went to get HM Cut.
-Now it's time to take on Lt. Surge and get my third gym badge.

;008; Tortuga Lv 23
;020; Smith Lv 22
;070; Isabel Lv 21
;015; Buzz Lv 21
;050; DigDug Lv 22
;052; Evin Lv 15

;011; Sammy Lv 8
;016; Jackie Lv 15
;021; Jake Lv 19
;027; Molly Lv 14

~Edit: I'll be updating later tonight or tomorrow morning with a big update.~

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Slightly large update this time. Even though I only got 2 badges.

-Alright with Pokemon X&Y just around the corner this Nuzlocke Challenge is going into Super Speedy Mode(or as fast as I possibly can anyway :3). So expect a huge update this time.
-I quick go inside the Vermilion Gym and how lucky is this, right away the second trash can I look I find the key then right next to it I find the second one :)
-An Diglett completely owned Lt. Surge now moving on to Rock Tunnel.....so dark.
-I get back to Curelean City and trade in the bike voucher for a bike, faster travel baby.
-Before I head off to Route 9, 10, and Rock Tunnel I stock up on supplies. I just bought x99 Antidotes making the grand total of x106 I'm good till the end of time XD.
-I found another Rattata and Smith the powerhouse that he is destroyed it with a crit hit.
-While fighting the trainers on Route 9 DigDug evolved into Dugtrio
-Omg thank god for Tortuga's bulkyness it survived a switch in to a Geodude's Magnitude 9 with 10 hp. Why is it that I keep putting Tortuga in harms way like that @_@
-I found a Voltorb Lv 17 on Route 10 and nicknamed him John.
-I found a Mankey Lv 16 in Rock Tunnel and nicknamed her Mandy.
-I made it through Rock Tunnel with little trouble and got Tortuga some much needed levels. Soon it'll be a mighty Blastoise.
-Taking on Route 8 and I found a Lv 18 Pidgey and nicknamed him Walter.
-Just going through Route 8 beating every trainer and Jake evolves into Fearow.
-An I gave Jake Secret Power which is owning, great since he needs it. Could have gaven it to Smith but I see myself using Jake in the long run as my fly user.
-Made it through the Underground Path to Route 7 and found a Lv 22 Bellsprout and nicknamed it Brad.
-I made it into Celadon City one of my favorite places in Kanto. An just like everytime I play this game I go straight for Eevee.
-I'll be using Eevee either as a replacement for Tortuga if worse comes to worse I'll still have a good water Pokemon, or Jolteon for a great electric Pokemon.
-Anyways I got Eevee and nicknamed him Origin and possible will rename him alter on depending what I evolve him into.
-An I take on Celadon City Gym which should give Jake some nice exp.
-Jake ran out of Aerial Ace's and her Vileplume pratically paralyzed my whole team but I beat it and got the 4th gym badge.
-Now it's time to play the slots and reck Team Rocket's Hideout.
-I got a little screwed over by Giovanni by not paying attention.
-Isabel died to Kangaskhan's Mega Punch which sucks but I do have Brad another bellsprout.
-Jake died to Kangaskhan's Mega Punch I made a derp mistake but I could have beaten his Kangaskhan.
-Evin died to doduo's fury attack while I was trying to catch it.
-I found a Doduo Lv 20 route 16 nicknamed it twins.
-I found a Gastley Lv 15 inside Pokemon Tower and nicknamed it Jasmine.
-I've decided to seriously grind after losing both Isabel and Jake. While grinding Tortuga finally gained a level and evolved into Blastoise. Which is still the only Poke I have that's above Lv 30.
-I'm going through Pokemon Tower and Brad evolves into Weepinbell.
-I made it through the Pokemon Tower and saved Mr. Fuji, returned back to his house and I got the Poke flute.
-Went back to Route 16 and woke up Snorlax :D
-I managed to catch him by just throwing balls cause any attempt to lower it's hp or paralyze it, it'll just Rest. Lv 30 Snorlax on Route 16 nicknamed him Johnson, I'm happy :)
-I then went to the other Snorlax on Route 12 and had to kill it, makes me sad having to do so :'(
-I got the Super Rod and decided to fish on Route 12 to see what I could catch.
-An found a Gyarados but it killed it's self by using Trash and confusing it's self to death -_-
-On Route 13 I caught a Lv 2something Krabby
-On Route 14 John learned Selfdestruct....I hope I never have to use it.
-An I'm nearly there to Fushia City so many trainers, I'm wishing now that I went through Routes 16-18 instead.
-I managed to use a Repel and sneak past all the trainers on Route 14 an 15 so I can heal everyone up.
-Now that I'm all healed up and ready I head back to Route 14 and 15 to battle the trainers and hopefully catch two new members for my team.
-I found a Lv 15 Venonat on Route 15 and nicknamed him Randy.
-I decided to get some extra levels before I took on Koga, so I went up Routes 18, 17, and 16.
-Just battling along Route 17 when John finally evolves into Electrode. Finally John isn't such a Glass Cannon anymore.
-I freakn hate the Poison Pokemon Joh, Twins, and DigDug all were effected by Poison and had one heck of a time trying to open the menu. Nearly lost DigDug she had only 1 Hp left @_@
-On Route 16 Twins finally evolved into Dodrio, I'll be going to the name rater to change fer name to Triplets.
-After beating all the trainers on Routes 16, 17, and 18 I decided to go and face the fifth gym. I'm probably going to use Johnson and DigDug mainly since Johnson has Immunity that prevents poisoning, and DigDug for super-effecitve moves. To bad Koffing and Weezing has levitate -_-
-I'm realizing that I'm under leveled for this gym, I'm the same level as the trainers but I know Koga has a Lv 43 Weezing. While most of mine are 31, Johnson and DigDug are 34-35, an my highest level Poke is Tortuga at 37 :/
-Alright that had to be one of the hardest battles so far. Thank Arceus Johnson had Immunity he was able to take care of Koga's Koffing's, when he sent out Muk and started to set up Acid Armor and Minimize I go so lucky at getting Magnitude 9-10 with DigDug. In a previous Nuzlocke challenge his Muk sweeped through my entire team after doing those moves. His Weezing had to be the most annoying Pokemon. Johnson was to low on Hp so I had to switch out, it's Sludge was nearly one shoting my other Pokemon. Finally with Tortuga spamming Surf I thought I could win but Koga hyper potion not once but twice. Finally got it in the red again and used John to outspeed it since his Weezing was paralyzed and I won.
-Oh Arceus, I hope I'm more prepared when I face Sabrina @_@

;009; Tortuga Lv 37
;101; John Lv 32
;070; Brad Lv 31
;085; Twins Lv 31
;051; DigDug Lv 34
;143; Johnson Lv 35

;011; Sammy Lv 8
;016; Jackie Lv 15
;016; Walter Lv 18
;056; Mandy Lv 16
;027; Molly Lv 14
;092; Jasmine Lv 15
;015; Buzz Lv 22
;133; Origin Lv 25
;020; Smith Lv 27
;098; Slim Lv 25
;048; Randy Lv 26
;111; Rover Lv 26

;069; Isabel Lv 13-27 Died Team Rocket Hideout to Kangaskhan's Mega Punch
;022; Jake Lv 8-28 Died Team Rocket Hideout to Kangaskhan's Mega Punch
;052; Evin Lv 12-15 Died Route 20 to Doduo's Fury Attack

Shiny Espeon0429

Right everyone, sorry its taken so long but here is my third update. My time has been taken up recently playing a Scramble Challenge on Fire Red and work. So since, last time, I exited Roxanne's gym and saw the Aqua grunt flee northwards towards Route 116. I followed him and prepared for my first Pokemon there which was... Whismur. :( Aware that I was about to catch one in Risturf Tunnel, I didn't bother catching it and I moved on. My Pokemon didn't really struggle at all as I hunted down the Aqua Grunt, caught a Whismur inside Risturf Tunnel (Called Decibel), saved Peeko and retrieved the Devon Goods. The Devon President gave me the Pokenav and I headed south where I promptly ran into May. May was pretty easy, Zazu taking out her Torkoal with Water Gun and Peanut destroying Mudkip with Mega Drain.
Before going to Mr. Britney, I first benched Decibel as I've used an Exploud recently. Mr. Britney took me to Dewford City, where I picked up the Old Rod and fished on the coast to catch a... Tentacool (named Marino after a Tentacruel in my previous Ruby Water Mono-type). I wasn't sure whether or not to keep Marino, so I kept him in my party for the time being. Before checking out Dewford gym, I zipped to Granite Cave to find a Pokemon there which was... Makuhita (named Pulse). I wasn't too happy with it as I've used Hariyama loads in the past and I was hoping for a Geodude or Zubat tbh. Oh well. I did the Granite Cave quest in the dark (It really isn't hard to navigate is it?) and gave the letter to Steven. I taught Pecks TM47 - Steel Wing as a reward. I returned to Dewford and cleared out the gym of trainers with little difficulty and benched Pulse (I won't be using it unless I get desperate). After training my Pokemon to Lv20, I took on Brawley, who was pretty easy thankfully. Pecks took care of Meditite and Machop with Wing Attack and Zazu was able to comfortably beat Makuhita even though Brawley kept healing. I had got my second badge!
After this I met Mr. Britney and headed to Slateport, where I did the beach battles and rested up in Slateport. Team Aqua were at the museum of course, but they posed little threat to Sarge. :) With most of the Slateport events taken care of for now, I cautiously headed north to Route 110 where after finding a Poochyena first, my second Pokemon was... Gulpin! I was really happy as I hadn't trained one before. I nicknamed her Lera and trained her up to Lv21 on a par with the rest of my Pokemon. I decided to bench Zazu at this point as I had only really wanted him to take out Brawley but I may well pick him up in the future. I cleared out the trainers at the bottom of Route 110, on Route 103 and in the Trick House, during which Pecks reached Lv22 and evolved into Swellow! :D After healing up, I prepared to take on May. May wasn't too hard, but I opened with Peanut first (as I wasn't sure of her first Pokemon) When Lombre came out first, I switched to Lera who took him out with Sludge. I was a bit nervous when she sent out Marshtomp as he used Bide, but Peanut still 2HKOed him with Mega Drain. Finally Pecks comfortably beat Slugma with Wing Attack. Phew!

New Additions:

Spr_3e_293.gif
Decibel the Whismur

Spr_3e_072.gif
Marino the Tentacool

Spr_3e_296.gif
Pulse the Makuhita

Spr_3e_316.gif
Lera the Gulpin

New Evolutions:

Spr_3e_277.gif
Pecks evolved into Swellow

;256; Sarge - Combusken Lv22
Brave Male
Ember
Peck
Double Kick
Cut

;277; Pecks - Swellow Lv22
Lax Male
Wing Attack
Double Team
Steel Wing
Quick Attack

;285; Peanut - Shroomish Lv22
Rash Female
Headbutt
Mega Drain
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

;316; Lera - Gulpin Lv22
Modest Female
Pound
Yawn
Amnesia
Sludge

;269; Rafa - Dustox Lv10
;293; Decibel - Whismur Lv5
;072; Marino - Tentacool Lv10
;296; Pulse - Makuhita Lv9
;278; Zazu - Wingull Lv21

I'm stopping the Pokemon by Location Spoiler Box as its needless and you can just read my challenge. Right, its going well! Wattson should be OK with Sarge, but I'm a bit worried about Maxie and Flannery so I may start raising Marino just in case. Wattson will probably be too soon so I'll update after Maxie in all probability. Good luck to anyone doing Nuzlockes!

Last edited:

Shiny Espeon0429

Oh guys, I'm distraught. I've lost my first Pokemon. :'( :(

I'll let you know what happened. From last time I headed northwards, defeating trainers, before healing up in Mauville, picking up the bike and heading to Route 117 and dumping Marino in the day care, so he could get levelled up for the upcoming Fire trainers. Here, sadly I made my first big mistake of the Nuzlocke. The first new Pokemon I saw was Oddish and unfortunately, I accidentally used Pecks' Wing Attack on it, so it fainted. :( Anyway, I trained my Pokemon up to Lv25 by clearing out Cycling Road and Wattson's gym. Peanut evolved in the process. :)

It was time to take on Wattson, which was a tough battle. Firstly, I sent out Sarge against Voltorb. He was able to defeat it with a mix of Ember and Double Kick but suffered a Thunder Wave to be paralyzed. I gambled on keeping Sarge out for Electrike and thankfully it paid off with him KOing Electrike with Double Kick. Thirdly was Magneton v Peanut and Peanut eased to the victory with a Mach Punch, but he also got paralyzed by Thunder Wave in the process. Manectric is where it started to get difficult. I sent out Lera to use Yawn firstly before using Sludge. Unfortunately Sludge didn't do much whilst Shock Wave took over half of Lera's HP. I healed Lera up and continued using Sludge whilst Manectric was asleep. Wattson healed and soon Manectric woke up so I decided to switch Lera out. The last thing Lera did was crucial though as Sludge poisoned Manectric. I switched to Peanut, who with Mach Punch and Poison was able to comfortably take out Manectric. Phew!

Afterwards, I healed up and picked up Marino who was now on a par with my team and headed to Verdanturf Town where I freed Risturf Tunnel before heading back and moving north. I took out the Winstrates before capturing my next Pokemon... Rally the Numel. I taught him Rock Smash and continued onwards, but I made an annoying mistake in the Fiery Path, forgetting to pick up a Pokemon. :p I continued to Route 113, where I caught Lopez the Spinda and I had a heart attack when I took on that double battle in the north as the Koffing used Selfdestruct, but luckily it wasn't enough to kill either Pecks or Sarge who went down to yellow health. However, later in the route, disaster struck. Sarge was fighting a Koffing and Ember only went down to red health before the Koffing used Selfdestruct. And got a Critical Hit. Sarge never stood a chance. RIP Sarge. :( To everyone who said how hard it is to lose a Pokemon, they are totally right. It seems ridiculous, but there was a pit in my stomach. I was so distracted, I nearly lost Peanut before Fallarbor Town, sending him out against two Flying Pokemon in a row, but I switched in time. I healed up at Fallarbor and deposited Sarge in the Graveyard. RIP SARGE! ;256;

I made a decision to train up Rally as a back-up and after a lot of training I was ready to carry on. Not much more of note happened. I caught Draconia the Swablu on Route 114, before fighting my way through to Meteor Falls where, sadly, the first Pokemon was a Zubat and not a Solrock. :/ Oh Well, I named him Fangs and saw Archie face the Magma Grunts before I headed south back to Rustboro where I healed up and I am now. I'm gutted about Sarge, I truly am.

New Additions:

Spr_3e_322.gif
Rally the Numel

Spr_3e_327.gif
Lopez the Spinda

Spr_3e_333.gif
Draconia the Swablu

Spr_3e_041.gif
Fangs the Zubat

New Evolutions:

Spr_3e_286.gif
Peanut evolved into Breloom

Spr_3e_317.gif
Lera evolved into Swalot

;277; Pecks - Swellow Lv29
Lax Male
Wing Attack
Endeavour
Steel Wing
Quick Attack

;286; Peanut - Breloom Lv29
Rash Female
Headbutt
Mega Drain
Mach Punch
Leech Seed

;317; Lera - Swalot Lv29
Modest Female
Body Slam
Yawn
Amnesia
Sludge

;072; Marino - Tentacool Lv29
Mild Male
Supersonic
Constrict
Acid
Bubblebeam

;322; Rally - Numel Lv29
Lax Male
Ember
Take Down
Magnitude
Rock Smash

;269; Rafa - Dustox Lv10
;293; Decibel - Whismur Lv5
;296; Pulse - Makuhita Lv9
;278; Zazu - Wingull Lv21
;327; Lopez - Spinda Lv16
;333; Draconia - Swablu Lv15
;041; Fangs - Zubat Lv16

;256; Sarge the Combusken Lv5-28, Killed by a Ninja Boy's Koffing's Critical Hit Selfdestruct.

RIP

Well, I'll update after Flannery but it may not be until later this week. I need to go to bed now because I have work in the morning, but I will say for tonight...

Spr_3e_256.gif

RIP SARGE

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Another slightly big update, things will be goign much faster now.

-I took on the Fighting-type gym in Saffron City to get myself either Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan.
-Twins got some much need exp by just spamming Flying. An I chose Hitmonchan nicknamed him JackieChan...I'm so original.
-I took care of all the Team Rocket grunts in Silph Co. building
-I took on my Rival and it was a complete joke, even though his Pokes were just 2 levels higher then mine. I just destroyed everything.
-I grabbed the Lapras and nicknamed it Nessy, a nice Water/Ice-type Pokemon just if I ever need it.
-Now Giovanni was a little trouble because Brad only had Giga Drain but some what bad defenses. I could have had Tortuga take care of everything but I wanted my other Pokes to have a chance. Probably not the best thing considering DigDug is so squishy. I was able to beat him without losing anyone thankfully. Unlike the last battle, Isabel & Jake you'll be missed :'(
-On Route 19 I fished and found a Lv 25 Krabby and nicknamed it Jim. If you put both the krabby's I've captured together you get Slim Jim :D
-Time for some serious grinding before I face Sabrina, I really don't want to lose the Challenge now :(
-So I just messed around on Routes 19, 20, an 21 made my way to Cinnabar Island.
-I found a Lv 22 Tangela on Route 21 nicknamed him Spaghetti.
-I found a Lv 30 Grimer in Pokemon Mansion and nicknamed him Sludge
-Now most of my Pokemon are lv 40, and pretty much the only Pokemon I have to fight Sabrina with is Tortuga. Johnson can take the hits so he's an option but everyone else will get destroyed.
-Well that was easier then I thought it would be. Snorlax just walled her entire team and demolished them. I didn't even need to use anyone else in this battle, can't believe I was worried XD
-I decided to get the Itemfinder so that I can get the Leftovers from the Snorlax's and I put them on my bulkiest Pokemon, Snorlax and Tortuga.
-An now I'll be getting my seventh gym badge right after since Tortuga is more then ready.
-As far as what Pokemon I'll be getting on Cinnabar Island, I don't know if I want to revive Kabuto or Aerodactyl
-Ok beat all the trainers in Blaines gym, I decided to put DigDug up front to get a quick kill. I want to put some excitement instead of just easily taking out all his Pokemon with Tortuga.
-His Lv 42 Growlithe's Fire Blast took DigDug down to 33 Hp....well that's enough excitement for me in this battle :)
-Surprise, surprise when I go outside of Blaines gym to find Bill. Time to head to the Sevii Islands.
-I found a Lv 31 Ponyta on Kindle Road and nicknamed her Jessie. Nice I finally got a fire-type Pokemon.
-I got to Mt. Ember and started to think I was stuck because I absolutely forgot to pick up HM Strentgh and couldn't move the boulders that were in my way. Of course I learned that I didn't need to go to Mt. Ember but yet I had to go to Two, an Three Island to finish the mission(Derp moment, it happens)
-I found a Pidgey on Bond Bridge but didn't want it so I killed it...
-On my way to save Lostelle Brad finally leveled up to 42 to learn Razor Leaf, not entirely sure if I really should have waited so long to learn it because it's not all that powerful. Anyways I used the leaf stone on Brad to evolve him into a Victreebel.
-I found a Lv 31 Slowpoke in Berry Forest and nicknamed him Derpmon.
-I found Lostelle and easily beat the Hypno. I gave the meterorite and went back to talk with Bill to go back to Kanto.
-I decided after arriving back in Kanto to grab the Old Amber in Pewter City. I went back to Cinnabar Island and revived Aerodactyl instead of Kabutops. I nicknamed him Sash.
-Now that I have all seven gym badges it's time to take on the 8th and final gym. Then I can take on the Elite Four, as far as the challenge it will continue but in a way it's also complete. Leaf Green/Fire Red, even G/S and HG/SS are different then other games because the advanture continues even after you beat the Elite four.
-I gave Triplets, Brad, and Tortuga the chance to take care of all the trainers in the 8th gym.
-I then demolished Giovanni's entire team with Tortuga and Brad.
-It's time to take on Victory Raod, and then the Elite Four. It'll have it's own part and should be posted sometime tonight or tomorrow(I've got work whcih takes up most of my time)

;009; Tortuga Lv 48
;101; John Lv 43
;071; Brad Lv 45
;085; Triplets Lv 43
;051; DigDug Lv 42
;143; Johnson Lv 41

;011; Sammy Lv 8
;016; Jackie Lv 15
;016; Walter Lv 18
;056; Mandy Lv 16
;027; Molly Lv 14
;092; Jasmine Lv 15
;015; Buzz Lv 22
;133; Origin Lv 25
;020; Smith Lv 27
;098; Slim Lv 25
;048; Randy Lv 26
;111; Rover Lv 26
;107; JackieChan Lv 25
;131; Nessy Lv 25
;098; Jim Lv 23
;114; Spaghetti Lv 22
;088; Sludge Lv 30
;077; Jessie Lv 31
;079; Derpmon Lv 31
;142; Sash Lv 5

Note: I wanted to mention in my second update but forgot. I'll be doing another Nuzlocke Challenge as soon as I defeat(or lose) the Elite Four. This is just to keep me busy until Pokemon X & Y are released. So the next Nuzlocke Challenge will be Soul Silver, I'll be going through the generations in order and I'll start a new one as soon as I defeat the Elite four even if there's more after it like in Gen I & II.

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Note: This would have been posted earlier but unfortunetly I got sick for 3 days starting on the 11th. Had the stomatch fue and a major migraine did nothing but sleep for two days and was able to eat again on the third day. It wasn't fun at all.

In all my previous updates I've never really went into great detail on what's been happening(pretty much because I'm rushing a little). But since this is the ending as far as I'm counting anyways, I'll be putting in details of the battles especially when I face against the Elite Four.(Since the battles will be slightly long they'll all be in spoilers.)

-Ok to start things off I'm a little worried since my Pokemon a little low leveled.(I haven't really grind) So taking on my Rival before I go through Victory Road is going to be a slight challenge I think. Since I already know he'll be leading off with Pidgeot I'll be using John, I would use DigDug but his stats are starting to show.
-I'm leading with John to get the advantage against my Rival Blue.
-He sends out Pidgeot that's four levels higher then John and goes for a Quick Attack but get's Paralyzed by Johns Static Ability.
-I used Spark just to see if it would be enough but sadly it brings it to the Yellow. I go for another Spark hopping he does heal, Pidgeot is paralyzed and unable to move and Spark kills it.
-He's about to send out Rhyhorn so I switch to Brad. I go for a Razor Leaf and get a OHKO, an oh god he's sending out Alakazam it's a tough decision on who I use.
-Either Tortuga or Johnson as they have the high Sp. Def and everyone else will get destroyed. I sent out Johnson in hopes I can wall it even though he's Level 41.
-I go for Yawn just to put it to sleep later on, and he uses Clam Mind....oh god. He uses another Clam Mind and I use Body Slam in hopes I can OHKO it but it barely lives in the Yellow.
-It does get Paralyzed but Synchronize makes Johnson paralyzed as well(doesn't matter he's already slow). Crap he used Disabled and I used Body Slam again >.<.
-He uses Psychic and takes a huge chunk of Johnsons Hp, I go for a headbutt but Johnson is Paralyzed. I use a Full Restore and his Alakazam is paralyzed Thank Arceus.
-I go for another Heatbutt to take it out and I outspeed him, his most threatning Pokemon is gone.
-He's sending out Growlithe so I use Tortuga, I go for the KO with Surf.
-He's sending out his starter so I decide to send out Triplets, he uses Razor Leaf and does some damage I go for Fly but take half it's Hp(He's 10 levels higher then Triplets that's why).
-I go for another Fly but his razor leaf get's a crit, Triplets is dead. I send out Johnson his razor leaf hardly does anything and Body Slam brings him to the read.
-I go for another Body slam his razor leaf brings me to the Yellow with 76 Hp and I kill his Venusaur.
-Now his final Pokemon is Gyrados I sent out John to get an easy win to end it. His intimidate lowers my Atk so I use Shock Wave and OHKO's his Gyrados.
-With losing my Flying Pokemon I'm unsure who will replace him. I went back to the Pokemon Center to deposit Triplets and heal my Pokemon. I head back to conitnue onto Victory Road.
-I go by each guard showing my badges to enter into Victory Road.
-On Route 23 I found a Slowpoke but decide to pass since I already have a high level Slowpoke.
-I now stand infront of the Victory Road entrance. This is the second challenge before facing the Elite Four. I check my bag and realize I'm unprepared(Also that I don't have HM STRENTGH -_-)
-I'm currently using Walter as my Flying Pokemon. I'm thinking about leveling up Sash for the Elite Four. If only I had enough Pokemon caught to get the Exp. Share. I'll also be replacing DigDug with someone else because he's way to squishy and I don't want him dieing so easily. So I'm going to train up Derpmon
-When I first entered into the Victory Road I found an Onix nicknamed it Pebbles.
-I finally made my way through Victory Road, many of the trainers inside tested my skills. But none of them were a challenge. I made it to Indigo Plateau and looked over my team. An I decided that I needed to grained some much needed levels. I'm afraid Pokemon in the 40's won't do as well considering my Rival is in the 60's.
-Alright after grinding a tons of levels on One Island. I managed to get Sash and Derpmon to the rest of my team levels.
-Final preparations and stocking up on Full Restores. This is it the final challenge, it's now time to face the Elite Four.
-I lead off with John for the type advantage, as she sends out her Dewgong.
-Thunderbolt nearly kills it and she uses Hail to change the weather. As I take damage my leftovers recovers from it.
-I go for shock wave to save T-bolt's pp an her Dewgong is down.
-She sends out Cloyster and I got for another T-bolt which is a OHKO. John even levels up to 54 to learn Explosion....
-Lorelei sends out Slowbro I use another T-bolt and it just barely survives. It attacks back with a Surf bring John to half hp. The Hail finishes her Slowbro.
-She now sending out her best Pokemon Lapras. I used a Max Potion not knowing what she'll do. She uses Ice Beam that doesn't hurt John that much and one T-bolt takes it down.
-Her Final Pokemon Jynx comes out while I switch to Derpmon.
-She uses Sweet Kiss and puts Derpmon to sleep. Then uses Ice Punch, Derpmon still sleeps like a baby. He won't wake up and Jynx uses another Ice Punch. Should have used a full restore I have like 27 of them. It uses one more Ice Punch and Derpmon wakes up to land a Shadow Ball that kills it in one shot.
-One Elite Four Member down, three to go. I heal the injuried and head on.
-I lead off with Sash for the type advantage of course, but I completely forgot he starts with Onix XD
-Doesn't matter this Elite Four member is always the least threatning. So I send in Tortuga and take a Rock Tomb.
-An down his Onix goes with a Surf, Hitmonchan is coming so I send back out Sash.
-I use Fly and fly up high his move of course misses and I use Fly. It kills his Hitmon chan in one hit.
-Bruno decideds to send out his best Pokemon Machamp. Sash uses Fly while Machamp uses Bulk Up and only manages to bring his Machamp down half Hp. It eats a berry to recover a little health.
-I use Fly again to bring him down to the red, and luckily his Machamp missed.
-As expected he uses a Full restore while I use Fly bring him down half Hp and while I do that his Machamp uses another Bulk Up.
-With another Fly I bring him down to the red but because of his Bulk Up the Cross Chop OHKO's Sash. I said earlier he isn't threatning which he isn't but only when his Machamp gets a few Bulk Up's.
-I send out Derpmon to take care of it with a Psychic, his Cross Chop did about 60 Hp not enough to bring Derpmon to half Hp.
-Hitmonlee is next it's Mega Kick only does about 40 Hp to Derpmon. One Psychic nearly kills his Hitmonlee lucky him, and of coure he uses a Full Restore, an wow a Brick Break did half Hp to Hitmonlee.
-Tries Mega Kick but misses and gets killed by Psychic. His last Pokemon is Onix easy enough.
-I send out Tortuga to finish it with a Surf.
-Sad aboust Sash I should have just let Derpmon take care of Machamp after the few Bulk Ups
-I start off with Snorlax and she leads with Gengar but wish I could have gaven him a proper move to use....I go for a Water Pulse just for the loz. Of course it just has to miss, not to Derp up completely I just switch to Derpmon.
-Confuse Ray just keeps messing up Derpmon but with his high defenses even Gengar isn't dealing much in fact it's just Double teaming like a npc noob.
-One Shadow Ball brings it down to near death and Agatha just has to use a Full Restore. The next one is a Critical Hit.
-Golbat is next and I decided to send out John. T-bolt to the face...with a smile and it dies.
-Arbok is third and here comes Derpmon, Arbok's Sludge Bomb leaves Derpmon with 44 Hp but gets killed by a Psychic.
-Another Gengar comes out and Derpmon is prepared just look at his face, so determined. I use a Hyper Potion. Shadow Balls goes flying, while her Gengar puts Derpmon to sleep with Hypnosis.
-Derpmon sleeps soundly while it gets pelted with Shadow Balls. A Full Restore is all she needs.
-So many Shadow Balls and I'm surprised Derpmon's Sp. Def hasn't even fell once, lucky. But another Hyper Potion cause of the constant SB's.
-Another Shadow Ball brings her Gengar down to 1 Hp but it's Sitrus Berry recoves some Hp. Another Hyper Potion.....An her Full Restore -_-
-Darn Hypnosis........and Nightmare.........
-One Shadow Ball and Derpmon wakes up, a Shadow Ball hits Gengar and it's Sp. Def lowers :D
-Another Hyper Poiton just to be safe, and a darn Critical hit brings it down to 46 Hp.....another...Hyper poition....
-Derpmon's Sp. Def finally falls and I send out Tortuga to use Surf and kills the annoying Gengar.
-Her last Pokemon is Haunter which eats another Surf. Barely lives it but dies to the second one.-With three of the four members down, Lance is the last one. The Dragon Master.
-I lead off with John as Lance leads with Gyarados. T-bolt to the face Gyarados.
-Dragonair comes next and I send out Tortuga. I use Ice Beam but it barely lives. I tried to Surf for the kill but of course a Full Restore. One more Ice Beam kills it.
-Another Dragonair comes out to take the Ice Beam. It barely lives and comes back with a Hyper Beam which does crap to Tortuga and dies to a Surf.
-A Dragonite comes out, his strongest Pokemon. I use Ice Beam but it only uses Safeguard. It just barely lives with it's x4 weakness to Ice.
-Outrage barely does anything but my Surf misses. His Outrage continues but dies to the Surf.
-Aerodactyl is his last Pokemon I start off with a Full Restore. It's Hyper Beam barely does half Hp to Tortuga. I go for the free Ice Beam but survives in the yellow. I go for another Ice Beam to finish of Lance. It's Hyper Beam leaves me with 66 Hp and his Aerodactyl dies.
-That's it the Elite Four has been defeated. But there's one more challenger I must face...My Rival(Shocker)
-I lead off with John again, Blue leads with Pidgeot. T-bolt to the darn face Pidgeot. It just barely lives, darn you Pidgeot and your high defenses
-Shock wave for the kill but he uses Full Restore. Only brings it down half Hp so another Shock Wave to finally finish it.
-Rhydon is next so Tortuga comes out. Uses Surf for a OHKO I've taken the lead.
-His best Pokemon Venusuar comes out and I send out Johnson. I try out a Return with a Lv 52 Snoralx to a Lv 63 Venusaur...but almost does half. Second time it uses Sunny Day, time to spam Return just barely kills it.
-It's Sitrus Berry restores a little of it's Hp, another Return for the kill but before that a Solar Beam just barely kills Johnson with 20 Hp.
-His Alakazam comes out now so I send out Derpmon. It hits me for a Psychic barely brings me down half, but Shadow Ball almost kills it. Prepared for a Full Restore here.
-How did I call it so another Shadow Ball to the face Alakazam to bring it down again. Another Full Restore come on cause I used Brick Break to finish it. Another Shadow Ball will kill it but he switches it to his Gyarados.
-Dragon rage brings me to half and Psychic nearly kills it, same moves and his Gyarados dies.
-Arcanine comes out so I send out Tortuga, Surf ftw for your Extremespeed does nothing. But my Surf barely kills it. Another Surf shoudl have killed it but of course another Full Restore.
-It uses another Extremespeed so it get killed by the Surf. Now it's just his last Pokemon Alakazam.
-Derpmon comes out and I use a Full Restore because it's ok when I do it. It's Pyschic brigns her down to half hp but Shadow Ball finishes it
-YES, I've defeated my Rival and became the League Champion!

;009; Tortuga Lv 57
;101; John Lv 55
;071; Brad Lv 53
;143; Johnson Lv 52
;080; Derpmon Lv 54

;011; Sammy Lv 8
;016; Jackie Lv 15
;016; Walter Lv 18
;056; Mandy Lv 16
;027; Molly Lv 14
;092; Jasmine Lv 15
;015; Buzz Lv 22
;133; Origin Lv 25
;020; Smith Lv 27
;098; Slim Lv 25
;048; Randy Lv 26
;111; Rover Lv 26
;107; JackieChan Lv 25
;131; Nessy Lv 25
;098; Jim Lv 23
;114; Spaghetti Lv 22
;088; Sludge Lv 30
;077; Jessie Lv 31
;051; DigDug Lv 42
;095; Pebbles Lv 43
;137; McDuck Lv 18

;085; Triplets Lv 20-43 Died Route 22 to Venasuar's Razor Leaf Citical-hit
;142; Sash Lv 5-54 Died Pokemon League to Machamps boosted Cross Chop

Swoobat

Congratulations Zyon! You've just done the most diificult part of the challenge, as the Sevii Islands are fairly easy. A few things I'd like to comment...

-Derpmon's Sp. Def finally falls and I send out Tortuga to use Surf and kills the annoying Gengar.

You know, even if Shadow Ball lowers your Sp. Defense, it's still physical (Gen. 3 doesn't have the Physical/Special split) so it doesn't matter at all.

Outrage barely does anything but my Surf misses. His Outrage continues but dies to the Surf.

Surf never misses, how did it miss?

And at last I have returned to a Nuzlocke challenge!

This time, I decided to start a FireRed challenge, with new rules. I can catch duplicates if I want to, but otherwise, if a Pokémon in an evolutionary line I have appears (whether alive or dead), then I can keep looking for a new one. Shinies can be caught, no matter if I've already caught a Pokémon for that area, and, due to their rarity, can be considered 'immortal'... unless I find more than three, in which case they'll be reduced to starter status. Speaking of which, starters are the only Pokémon which get a second chance if they faint.

Another ridiculous rule I've started that, in most cases, a lot of nicknames will be Kid Icarus themed. Only in a few cases can this be exempt, such as Rattata (which I nicknamed Lucky after one in a solo-Rattata run).

As usual, I started the game, and this time, instead of my usual starter, Charmander, I decided to use one I rarely used- Squirtle. Luckily enough, she turned out to start off female, and thus, quickly inventing my final rule there, I nicknamed her Pandora. With my new Squirtle in hand, I did the same old tutorial stuff, before I got my first five Pokeballs at long last and began on my way.

The first Pokémon I ran into was a level 3 male Pidgey. Weakening him with Pandora's Tackle, I got him down to sufficient HP to capture him. It only took the first ball, and remembering the rule of a Kid Icarus theme, what better name to call it than the main protagonist, Pit?

Before progressing, I decided to train a bit in order to fight my rival. Carefully, I trained both Pandora and Pit to level 8 before I realised that I hadn't caught the new member of my team from the next route. Instantly, I rushed there, and dashed straight into the grass to find a simple Rattata. Disappointing, considering there are Mankeys there. Even so, I caught him, and, quickly forgetting the rule, named him Lucky. Whoops. So I altered it a bit... >:3

I spent more time training before stopping for the day.

Team so far:
;007; Pandora, level 10
;016; Pit, level 10
;019; Lucky, level 10

Stored:
;010; Gaol, level 5

@Swoobat: Surf doesn't always hit. I've had it miss.

EDIT: I trained my team to level 10, beat my rival and caught my newest team member, Gaol the Caterpie. However, I was struggling to trai her, so I placed her in one of my 'Hold' boxes in case I need her.

Last edited: