• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Section mergers = new thread! Discuss what you're doing in the RSE/FRLG games here.

If you have questions, please use the Help Thread sticky within this section. We also encourage that you put some effort into your posts, because one-liners like 'I beat the E4' are spammy and boring to read.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yay first post. :p

On my current Emerald playthrough, I defeated the Elite Four and only had the Champion left to battle. So, I walked into Wallace’s room and battled him. I sent out my Xatu and used Calm Mind a couple of times before taking out Wailord and Tentacruel with Psychic. Milotic came in next and I decided to stick with Xatu. I boosted my stats a bit more with Calm Mind and then used Psychic again to defeated both Milotic and Ludicolo. After that, I used Giga Drain on Whiscash and then used another Psychic attack to OHKO Gyarados.

After defeating Wallace, May and Prof. Birch entered the room to fawn over me. I then went into the next room to get entered into the Hall of Fame, then watched the ending credits.

Kalosian

So long
Since I recently found out that I have never tried the Trainer Hill in Emerald, I have decided to give it a try now. So I took a break from the Battle Factory and flew to Mauville City, went north to the Hill. Put together a team of some Pokemon I have used for the Battle Frontier, consisting of Starmie, Salamence, Blissey, Slaking, Gengar and Snorlax. Not by any means a ultimate team of any sort, but it will have to do. I gave them all held items and thought about buying some healing items... but I didn't have enough money, so I had to skip it. Might do some regular battles in the near future to get more money.

I entered the Trainer Hill challenge, have decided to try all modes in order so I started on Normal Mode today. Managed to beat all trainers, though two of my own Pokemon fainted along the way, and I found out that I couldn't let Blissey use Softboiled to revive them. The battles were mostly easy but some of them were annoying because my opponent used tactics that I wasn't prepared for, making some of the battles take longer than I had wanted them to. Still, I managed to beat it within a relatively short time and for that, I got a Revive from the owner when I arrived at the top floor. Will continue with the next mode and do the rest of them in order, although I might try and get some money to buy healing items for first, will have to see how I decide to do.

Aquarelle

Staff member
After I defeated the Elite Four & Champion, I started back in my room in Littleroot Town. When I went downstairs, I watched the news program about a Pokemon flying around Hoenn and my mom asked me what colour it was. I chose red because I wanted to soft reset for a Latias with a good Nature & I already reset for a Latios on my previous save file.

So, I then went searching for Latias. I put my low-level Tentacruel in the front of my party, used a repel, and went searching in the grass on Route 110. After going in and out of the Cycling Road gate a million times, I encountered Latias and caught in in a Master Ball. Unfortunately, it didn't have a good Nature, so I had to reset and try again. That kind of sucked because it took me so long to just find Latias...
Luckily for me, though, I only had to reset two or three times before getting a Latias with the Nature I wanted. Glad it only took a few tries.

Kalosian

So long
Since my last post, I have continued with the Trainer Hill on Emerald. Yesterday, before trying the next mode, I went outside and battled a few trainers for money. However, I got bored of it quickly and ended up battling only two trainers. Got a little money at least. Went back to Trainer Hill to buy some healing items... only to find that I already had several Revives and Full Restores. Should have checked my bag better instead of just assuming I had nothing. Anyway, I bought a few Max Potions at least as I didn't have any of those.

Then I entered the challenge again, Variety Mode this time. This time, I found the trainers to be much easier compared to Normal Mode, but some of the puzzles were harder. The first puzzle in particular took me a while to figure out, which costed me a bit of time. However, all of the battles went very fast, and because of that, I was able to complete it faster than Normal Mode. I got an Elixir from the owner this time around. Two of the trainers here had hilarious teams which consisted of nothing but Unown. That battle was also the only one where any of my team members got damaged, so this mode was very easy battle-wise.

Today, I made another try, Unique Mode this time around. I could complete it rather quickly, the puzzles were not as difficult as the ones from Variety mode, but could still feel frustrating at points. One floor was really interesting because it had notes placed which played melodies when stepped on in order, I am pretty sure the two melodies were Pallet Town from the Kanto games, and Route 101 from the Hoenn games, which is fitting considering the Gen 3 games take place in Kanto and Hoenn.

I managed to beat most trainers with ease, the sole exception being the trainers on the last floor which gave me a bit of trouble and caused two of my Pokemon to faint. I was also surprised to see that some trainers here used legendaries, I saw Moltres, Articuno and Entei, which was pretty cool. There was also one trainer who had a team consisting only of Smeargle. It would have been cool to see what movesets they had, but as I managed to defeat them all easily, I only got to see that one of them knew Lock-On. I suspect its other moves were OHKO moves. After beating all trainers and going through all floors, I arrived at the top once more, got an Ether from the owner this time around. Got a quite good time this time around as well. Went down to the bottom again afterwards. Tomorrow, I will continue with the final mode here.

Aquarelle

Staff member
With Latias caught, I deposited it in the PC and then headed over to the harbour in Slateport. I got on the new ferry there and started sailing to Lilycove. While on the ship, Scott came up to me and told me about the Battle Frontier that just opened. After that, I went around the ship and visited every cabin in order to fight the passengers. I then headed to the lower level of the ferry for a couple more battles and found some Leftovers in a trash can.

Once the ship arrived in Lilycove, I got off. Then, I went back on and sailed to the Battle Frontier this time.

Kalosian

So long
Continued on the last mode in Trainer Hill today, which was Expert Mode. True to its name, it turned out to be quite a bit more difficult than any of the previous modes. I found the first trainer duo really difficult as they managed to defeat four out of six members of the team I am using. I had to use several Revives and Potions afterwards, which costed a bit of time. Changed my strategy slightly for the remaining battles in order to have an easier time against the rest of the trainers. Which I think helped as I found them considerably easier. The only other duo that managed to make some of my Pokemon faint were the ones at the final floor, two members of my team fainted against them.

Like Unique mode, this mode also had a floor with musical notes. They played another melody while stepped on, it sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place it. I guess it is another Pokemon song. Arrived at the top floor and recieved a Fluffy Tail from the owner this time around. Not the best reward but it will have to do. Went down and checked my time, I got the worst time out of all modes from this mode, just as expected. But I have at least completed all of the modes here once, so I am now done with Trainer Hill. Will go back to the Battle Factory next on Emerald, but I still need to complete all modes at the Trainer Tower in FR/LG, so I'll be doing that next.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
On Emerald, after checking out a few more facilities around the Battle Frontier, I flew to Fortree City and dashed south to Route 120. I visited the Weather Institute building again and spoke with some scientist who rambled on about unusual heavy rain somewhere. I set out to locate Marine Cave next and found it on Route 105 south of Petalburg City. I used Dive at a dive spot and saw Kyogre in a pool of water. I fought and weakened it, then I successfully caught it in an Ultra Ball. Sometime later I heard about intense sunlight and I found Terra Cave at Route 116. I fought Groudon and caught it, then I set off to track down the roaming Latias. I found it while searching south of Mauville City, but it fled before I could catch it.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Once I arrived at the Battle Frontier, I entered a nearby building. In there, I was given a Frontier Pass and learned some things about the Frontier and its facilities. Then, I started exploring the Battle Frontier area. I wandered around from facility to facility and talked to everyone I met, though I did not battle at any of the facilities.

After exploring for a while, I went over to where the Sudowoodo was, watered it, and battled it. I weakened it with my HM slave Tentacruel and then caught it on my first Ultra Ball. Once the Sudowoodo was out of the way, I started Surfing on a body of water it was blocking. I soon reached the entrance to Artisan Cave and went inside. I captured a Smeargle there (which took several Ultra Balls), found some items, then exited near the Battle Tower.

Kalosian

So long
Took a break from Emerald for now, but played FireRed a bit today instead. Went to the Trainer Tower and made some preparations. Had a bunch of healing items already so I didn't need to buy any. I also needed hold items for my team, but I had no idea what to give most of them as I don't have many good items here. So I had to give several of them bad items, unfortunately. Thought a bit about trading over some better items from Emerald, but decided to not do so for now. I have already completed the Single and Double modes here, but I wanted to try the Single mode again to see if I could get a better time than the one I already have. So that's what I did.

Entered Single mode and managed to beat all trainers. They were easy for the most part, though some of them gave me minor problems with annoying moves. Only one member of my team fainted along the way. Several other members of my team also got damaged or inflicted with status. But it was nothing major, and I made it all the way. One of the trainers I faced here had a Shiny Meowth, which was rather cool. I arrived at the top and spoke to the owner, but didn't get an item, which surprised me as I had expected to get at least something. Oh well, maybe another time. I managed to get a new best time at least, considerably better than the one I already had. Will continue with one of the two remaining modes next, though I have been thinking about trading over some hold items for my team from Emerald first in order to make it better. Not completely sure about it though... will have to decide soon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Didn't want to do anything else at the Battle Frontier, so I flew back to Fallarbor Town. From there, I headed over to the fossil maniac's house just outside of town and entered the Desert Underpass. I ran all the way to the end of the tunnel and found a Claw Fossil. Then, I started heading back and encountered a wild Ditto along the way. I weakened it with my Tropius Fly slave and caught it pretty easily.

Once I was back outside, I flew down to Rustboro City. I went over to the Devon Co. building and talked to a scientist who was reviving Pokemon from fossils. I gave him my Claw Fossil and then my Root Fossil, obtaining an Anorith and Lileep from them. After nicknaming them, they were transferred to my PC and I saved.

Kalosian

So long
Didn't do anything yesterday, but continued a bit today. I made the decision to trade over held items to FireRed to improve my team here a bit. So I did some preparations on it and Emerald, then linked up the two games and traded over 4 Leftovers and one Choice Band. When that was done, I went back to the Trainer Tower and assembled my team again, giving them all proper hold items this time around. Entered the third mode, which was Knockout mode. Went through it and managed to beat most trainers without major trouble, most opposing Pokemon were defeated with one or two hits from my lead. One of the trainers had a shiny Seaking on their team which was cool to see.

I only ran into minor trouble along the way, some Pokemon were a bit difficult to handle (most notably the ones at the last floor) while others managed to damage some of my team members heavily. I had to use a Full Restore on one of my Pokemon once since it was at low HP and poisoned, but that's the only item I used. None of my team members fainted along the way. All of the battles here were single battles with the trainers only having one Pokemon, which made it take a little longer than the other modes. So, as expected, I didn't get a very good time, it was worse than my times for both of the other modes. But I did get an item from the owner at the top, a Metal Coat this time around, which was neat. Now I only have one mode left to complete here, which I will do next up.

Lorde

I restarted Ruby and chose the female character. I arrived at my new home in Littleroot Town and fixed the clock inside my room, then I went downstairs and I spoke to my mom. Afterwards, I sashayed outside and explored Littleroot Town and visited Birch's home. Next I walked into Route 101 and saw Professor Birch being chased by a Poochyena. I went to his bag and snatched Treecko's Poke Ball and defeated the Poochyena. Upon rescuing Birch, I visited his lab and, after chatting with him, I left Littleroot Town. I fought wild Pokemon, then I arrived in Oldale Town after battling and I healed my Treecko at the Pokemon Center. I obtained a free Potion by the Poke Mart as well next, then I headed north to Route 103.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Flew back to Mossdeep City today. I went over to Steven’s house and got a Beldum that he left there for me. After nicknaming it, I left and flew over to Sootopolis City. I Surfed on the water and then used Dive to go underwater. I wanted to find a Relicanth, so I started swimming around in the seaweed for one. After finding a ton of Clamperl, I finally encountered a Relicanth and paralyzed it with my Xatu’s Thunder Wave. Then, I switched to my Tentacruel and used Bubblebeam. I successfully captured the Relicanth after tossing several Ultra Balls.

Next, I surfaced and returned to Mossdeep City. I purchased some more Net and Ultra Balls and then saved.

Kalosian

So long
Continued in the Trainer Tower today by doing the last mode, which was Mixed. I entered with my team and beat all trainers, but not without trouble. Some of them were a bit difficult to beat, one of my team members fainted along the way, another got hit by status, and others were heavily damaged in the process. But it didn't have any major effects on my performance and I made it to the top again. This time, I got a King's Rock from the owner. The time I got from this mode wasn't my best, but not my worst either. Left the Trainer Tower as I am now done with it on this game, though I need to complete it in LeafGreen as well. Which is what I will do next.

Lorde

I walked through Route 103 and encountered Birch's son Brendan and we fought. I beat his Torchic with Treecko eventually, then I headed back to Littleroot Town and attained the Pokedex from Prof. Birch and Poke Balls from Brendan. I ran back through Route 101 and caught a wild Wurmple and Poochyena, then I arrived in Oldale Town and visited the Pokemon Center. I stepped out to Route 102 afterwards and thrashed some trainers. I then explored the tall grass and caught a wild Seedot and Ralts, then I picked Berries and I arrived in Petalburg City. I visited the Gym and saw Norman inside and next Wally arrived and my dad lent him a Zigzagoon and I was asked to help Wally catch his first Pokemon at Route 102.

Aquarelle

Staff member
With Relicanth caught, I still needed to get a Wailord to be able to get the Regis in the future. So, I walked down to the water in Mossdeep and used my Super Rod. I reeled in a Wailmer right away, which was pretty great, and easily caught it in a Net Ball. After that, I flew back to the Battle Frontier. I needed to get Wailmer to evolve, but I didn't really want to spend a lot of time level grinding, so I went to the Battle Tower and cloned some Rare Candies. I then used some of the Rare Candies on Wailmer until it evolved into Wailord.
Finally, I flew over to Pacifidlog Town. Next time, I'll finally start exploring the routes between that town and Slateport City.

Kalosian

So long
Started with the Trainer Tower on LeafGreen today. I already had my team with the hold items I wanted them to have, so there was nothing to prepare regarding that. Also had quite a bunch of healing items in my bag. I had already completed the Single Mode here, so I started directly on Double Mode. However, it didn't go very well. I had lots of problems against most of the trainers, many members of my team fainted along the way, some even multiple times. I had to use more than half of the Revives I had in my bag. All members of the team got damaged even if they didn't faint, and some also got hit by status effects. I blame this on my team not being very well adapted to Double battles, and I guess the team in itself isn't very good to start with. Anyway, I made it to the top at least, though I didn't get a very good time. I got a Dragon Scale from the owner at least. Went down to the bottom floor again and bought some new Revives to replace the ones I had to use. Will continue with the next mode tomorrow.

Lorde

So after Wally had caught a wild Ralts at Route 102, I dashed back to Petalburg City and I stopped by the PC once more. I then pranced into Route 104 and walked along the shore and fought a couple of trainers and caught a Wingull, then I stopped by Mr. Briney's cottage. After speaking with Mr. Briney, I hurried back into the grass and trained my team there. I dashed north to the Petalburg Woods next and I picked Berries in the soft soil by the entrance, then I entered the Petalburg Woods and I strutted around and caught a wild Shroomish, Silcoon, Cascoon, and Slakoth in the tall grass. I trained my darlings some more as I marched around and then I went back to Petalburg City to heal my team again.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Started Surfing on the ocean in Pacifidlog Town and headed west. I soon found myself caught in the fast currents on Routes 132, 133, and 134. I wanted to fully explore all three of those routes, so I had to Fly back to Pacifidlog several times in order to take different paths through the currents. Going through this section is always pretty annoying for me, but this time it was okay and fortunately it didn’t take me nearly as long as it did on Sapphire last year.
Anyway, I think I got all the items and trainers taken care of, so now all I have to do is get to the diving spot and unlock the Regis.