• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Talk about lucky. I always fumed at the fact those events were limited to certain countries, none of which were New Zealand.

I beaten the Elite 4 twice, all while going through a long and arduous task of evolving the Pokemon discovered through Sevii Islands, get a lot of money with Pay Day, hunt for Moon Stones by my CH'DNG using Thief. I think it's more telling of how little activity there is on this thread

Leonhart

Imagineer
I recently managed to find one of those old e-Reader cards that can be scanned to make a special trainer appear in Ruby and Sapphire, which I hadn't been able to do before despite playing the games for more than a decade. The thing is, you don't win money or gain experience from those trainers, which makes the function seem highly redundant and nothing more than a watered-down Battle Tower battle. And speaking of the Battle Tower, I defeated a set of seven trainers there on Ruby version a week ago just to see if my team consisting of Raikou, Latios, and Entei would do well. The experiment was a success from the look of how easy it was to win.

I now want to start replaying Sapphire version just for the thrill of going through the Houen region once again.

zolios

I bought a copy of Leaf Green around Christmas to add it to my "collection" of Pokemon games. A few days ago I decided to play through this game because I haven't actually played Gen 1 remakes in over 5 years and they are actually my favorite remakes and some of my favorite Pokemon games in general. I started the journey a few days ago so I'll do a little recap since I'm already getting ready to face Erika for my fourth Gym badge.

I started with a Bulbasaur because Venusaur is my favorite starter and I had a cool new idea for Bulbasuar's nickname because of the show I've been watching recently. So I named my Bulbasuar Yoda because its face kinda reminds me of baby Yoda a little and when it evolves into a Venusaur it looks old and wise just like old Yoda was. Maybe you guys disagree and think that it's not that good/clever of a nickname as I think it is but I enjoy it nonetheless.
I then caught a Pidgey and defeated Brock. Pidgey evolves into a Pidgeotto and Bulbasaur evolves into an Ivysaur. Then in Mt. Moon I caught a Clefairy since I never used one in a playthrough before and I grew to like this Pokemon a lot in the last few years so i wanted to finally use one. I then proceeded to beat Misty and Lt. Surge and make my way towards Lavender Town. Ivysaur evolves into a Venusaur. I wanted to catch my next team member in Pokemon Tower but before I could do that I had to go and get the Silph Scope in Celedon City. While there I pick up an Eevee and since it turned out to be a Modest Eevee I decided to add it to the team and later evolve it into a Vaporeon. I beat Giovanni and before going back to Lavender Town I decided to challenge the Celedon Gym first since I'm already here.
We are all caught up now!

Here is my team right now before I go and face Erika for my fourth Gym Badge:
- Venusaur (M)/Yoda Lv. 34
- Pidgeotto (F)/Hera Lv. 33
- Clefairy (F)/Selene Lv. 33
- Eevee (M)/Atlan Lv. 29

Just a quick tale of woe - a trainer in the Battle Arena has just sent out a shiny Girafarig against me in my Emerald game. That's not fair - I want one!

zolios

Forgot to update about my Leaf Green playthrough but I did finish the game about a week ago and my final team was Venusaur, Pidgeot, Clefable, Vaporeon, Marowak and Hitmonlee. It was a very fun playthrough and it was very nice going back to Gen 3 again and enjoying the look of the good old sprites (I like the fact that Pokemon are in 3D now but I also do miss the sprites sometimes).

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
Was replaying Emerald and managed to find Pokérus for the first ever time, which was exciting.

Drummerdude

Thanks to Corona I finished up an Emerald game that I started about a year ago and played on and off from time to time and it made me all nostalgic for the GBA era so I decided to start a new game on FireRed since I don't believe I have played it since RBY came out on the 3DS. That was a long sentence.

260.png
Lv52
289.png
Lv50
292.png
Lv50
219.png
Lv51
332.png
Lv50
373.png
Lv51

I feel like I am on a bit of a Water starter trend lately so I decided to pick Bulbasaur to spice it up and I reset a few times to get one without a -SpAtk nature. I beat up on Gary and delivered a parcel to Oak so that I could get some Poke Balls. I do remember that you need 60 (I think) Pokemon registered to get the National Dex so I caught everything I could and used my team of weaklings to take down Gary once more. I caught Weedle, Caterpie and Pikachu in Viridian Forest and used Weedle against the trainers to get more dex entries and so Bulbasaur doesn't get too overpowered. Once it reached Beedrill I did the same thing with Caterpie.

Surprisingly Brock was a pushover. Geodude and Onix went down in a single Vine Whip each. At this point I FINALLY got the Running Shoes. I did my best to skip as many trainers on Route 3 as I could until I reached the grassy area and caught my second team member, a Jigglypuff. I returned to Pewter City and took a break.

Sadly I only have a few more weeks of working from home so I'm going to see if I can beat this before I have to go back. Plus it's something else to do while I continue to reset for Shiny Lugia in SoulSilver which I realized this morning has gone on well beyond a month. I regret everything.

001.png
Lv15
039.png
Lv6

Drummerdude

It wasn't until I started the game back up that I realized Jigglypuff does not have any attacking moves so I had to baby it until it reached Level 9 and learned Pound. During said training Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur! I kept getting poisoned during my trek through Mt Moon and I was too stubborn to run back to Pewter City to get Antidotes but not stubborn enough to run back to the Pokemon Center just outside Mt Moon to heal which made for a long journey. I picked the Helix Fossil near the end for no real reason exited the mountain. I taught Jigglypuff Mega Punch on the way to Cerulean City and upon arriving I healed up and headed north to battle Gary once more...

...and I lost. To be fair his stupid Pidgeotto's Sand Attack made Mega Punch almost never hit AND his Charmander burned both Ivysaur and Jigglypuff with Ember. I was having none of that nonsense again so I evolved Jigglypuff into Wigglytuff with a Moon Stone and tried again with much better results. I then hiked up towards Bill's house and got over-leveled along the way as I tend to do. After he gave me the SS Ticket I decided I was ready to take on Misty. Wigglytuff's Mega Punch OHKO'd Staryu and Ivysaur's Razor Leaf OHKO'd Starmie. Yeah I was ready. I got Dig from a random Rocket grunt and ran underground to Vermillion City. I quickly ran east and caught a Spearow to trade for Farfetch'd. Why? Because it's a new dex entry of course! And my third team member!! I defeated all the trainers north and east of Vermillion City to train up Farfetch'd heading onto the SS Anne and beating the trainers and Gary so I could learn Cut.

I taught Farfetch'd my new HM and headed to the Vermillion Gym. Unfortunately my newest team member wasn't going to help much in this Electric Gym but Wigglytuff and Ivysaur more than picked up the slack. Wigglytuff even solo'd Lt Surge's team thanks to Mega Punch. Now that I had 3 badges I ventured through Diglett's Cave and got the Flash HM before returning to Cerulean City so I could make my way to Rock Tunnel. I caught a random Voltorb to teach Flash too and then ventured through the cave. Since Farfetch'd was traded I tried not to use it too much but my reliance on my other team members meant Ivysaur evolved earlier than I expected. Once I reached Lavender Town I beat up on Gary once again before running west and skipping trainers until I reached a second underground path. I followed it all the way to Celadon City where I took a break.

003.png
Lv33
040.png
Lv32
083.png
Lv30

WalesNote

I need to get myself a Gba Sp and reply my emerald. The only thing I remember about it from the last time I played is that the battery thing has run dry, so time-based events don't happen or something like that.

Drummerdude

With Farfetch'd about to disobey me I decided to head to the Celadon City gym first. I tried to use Farfetch'd the entire time but had to use Wigglytuff at times when Farfetch'd got on my nerves. Once all the gym trainers had been beaten I healed up at the Pokemon Center and challenged Erika. Farfetch'd vs Victreebel....and Farfetch'd immediately dozes off. Super. It woke up a few turns later and ignored my Aerial Ace request and chose to use Fly instead. Which I was fine with. It listened against Tangela and used Aerial Ace to KO it and finally used Fly to defeat Vileplume. I taught Venusaur Giga Drain and then headed to the Game Corner with my three overpowered Pokemon and swept all the grunts and Giovanni with relative ease.

Now that I have the Silph Scope I flew back to Lavender Town and returned to Pokemon Tower where I captured my fourth team member, a Cubone! I taught it Rock Slide in Rock Tunnel and also taught it Thief. I climbed a few floors of Pokemon Tower until I reached the Heal Zone and proceeded to spend THREE HOURS hunting Cubone to steal a Thick Club. At last I got one and finished my climb up to rescue Mr Fuji and nab a PokeFlute. I returned west of Lavender Town and defeated the trainers I skipped with Cubone until it evolved into Marowak! Next I headed south along the bridges until I encountered the sleeping Snorlax and I successfully captured it. Honestly I've been slipping on my Pokedex.

I continued south for a little longer and got a Super Rod from a nice fisherman and I returned to Route 6 where I fished up not one but two Poliwhirl with one of those being my fifth team member! I flew to Cerulean City and traded the second Poliwhirl for Jynx...which is my sixth team member! I taught Poliwhirl Water Pulse and Jynx Psychic before training Jynx in the Fighting Dojo. I didn't fight the head of the Dojo yet but instead chose to go take on some Bikers on Cycling Road after knocking out the second Snorlax. Poliwhirl kept fainting so I decided to go ahead and evolve it into Poliwrath and teach it Brick Break! After a few more biker battles I took a break.

003.png
Lv37
040.png
Lv37
083.png
Lv37
105.png
Lv33
062.png
Lv30
124.png
Lv32

Drummerdude

Oh man I've been slacking on updating. I defeated all the bikers on Cycling Road as well as every trainer between Fuchsia City and Lavender Town which took quite a bit of time. Once I felt I had explored the Safari Zone and got both Surf and Strength I decided to challenge the Fuchsia Gym. All of Koga's Pokemon fell in a single turn by attacks from Wigglytuff, Marowak, Poliwrath and Jynx. I decided to Surf south to defeat the swimmers leading up to the Seafoam Islands before flying to Saffron City exploring every floor of Silph Co in a bid to clear Team Rocket from the building. After I defeated Gary and Giovanni once more I made my way to the Saffron Gym and somehow got to Sabrina on my first try with the warp tiles. She wasn't too challenging apart from Alakazam whose Psychic attack knocked out Farfetch'd, Wigglytuff and Marowak. Jynx resisted the attack and pulled out a win with Ice Punch.

After working on my Pokedex a little more I returned to Pallet Town and surfed south to Cinnabar Island. The Pokemon Mansion puzzle wasn't as confusing as I remember and after grabbing a Secret Key I intentionally missed all the quiz questions (I swear it was intentional). Like the other gym leaders so far Blaine wasn't too difficult though Marowak's less than accurate movepool meant Arcanine was able to knock it out. After receiving my badge I was greeted by Bill who whisked me away to One Island. I explored the island a bit before moving on to Two and Three Island to finish the Lostelle subplot so I could get back to what really matters....catching 60 Pokemon for my Pokedex! I caught all three Legendary birds as well as few random stone evolutions to work my way to the magic number before heading back to Viridian City.

Once I had my fun spinning around the Viridian Gym I made my to the back and challenged Giovanni whose Pokemon were no match for my team. Seriously he has a Lv50 Rhyhorn!! I healed up and battled Gary once again on Route 22 before heading north to Victory Road. I had planned on making partial progress before leaving to heal but there weren't as many trainers as I remembered so I just powered through until I arrived at Indigo Plateau! I bought some potions and revives and took a break.

003.png
Lv51
040.png
Lv50
083.png
Lv52
105.png
Lv51
062.png
Lv51
124.png
Lv51

Drummerdude

Lorelei was my first opponent of the Elite 4 and didn't prove to be much of a challenge. Venusaur's Frenzy Plant and Giga Drain took care of most of her team. Her Jynx was a little terrifying but my Jynx was faster and stronger and knocked it out.

Bruno was also easy. Poliwrath took down his first Onix with Surf so Bruno....sent out his second Onix to suffer the same fate. Jynx's Psychic brought down Hitmonchan and Machamp while Farfetch'd defeated Hitmonlee with Fly.

Jynx outsped Agatha's first Gengar and knocked it out with Psychic. Marowak's Rock Slide took out Golbat while Earthquake defeated Arbok. Jynx returned to defeat Haunter while her second Gengar was too fast for Jynx and won with Earthquake. Marowak returned to the fight and repeatedly used Rock Slide until Gengar fell. Fortunately Hypnosis kept missing so it wasn't too annoying of a fight.

Wigglytuff finally got her chance to shine by knocking out Gyarados with Shock Wave. Jynx's Ice Punch was enough for the set of Dragonair and Dragonite while Poliwrath and Marowak teamed up to bring down Aerodactyl. Overall the Elite 4 wasn't bad at all.

I made a decision to use every member of my team to defeat Gary. Jynx kicked things off against Pidgeot and won with Ice Punch. Venusaur defeated his Rhydon with Giga Drain and Wiggltuff survived against Alakazam with a few Return's while Alakazam wasted a turn with Future Sight. Farfetch'd came out against Exeggutor in a rather frustrating battle. This stupid coconut tree could not miss Sleep Powder. I ended constantly healing while it wasted its Giga Drain and Egg Bomb PP and was forced to use Light Screen and Sleep Powder which to reiterate can not miss. I would say that single battle lasted at least 5 minutes. Marowak got lucky because Gyarados missed Hydro Pump twice and won with Rock Slide. And lastly Poliwrath vs Charizard. Charizard being faster and knowing Wing Attack knocked out Poliwrath and also defeated Marowak because Rock Slide missed. Wigglytuff came in and finished it off with Return.

I do want to keep going with the rest of the Sevii Islands as it has been probably close to 7-8 years since I have messed around with the postgame. Unfortunately I do have to go back into the office again tomorrow so my playtime is going to be severely lacking moving forward.

003.png
Lv53
040.png
Lv51
083.png
Lv52
105.png
Lv52
062.png
Lv52
124.png
Lv54

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Just learned that dugtrio can learn sludge bomb for some reason.

In any case, been playing through leafgreen recently (must be weird than i can have fun playing through leafgreen, yet struggle to get any motivation to replay the gen 4 games) and been having a blast.

Current team.
Natsu (Charizard) lv40, Flamethrower, Fly, Scratch, Metal claw
Elfman (Primeape) lv40, Strength, Leer, Areial ace, Brick break
Droy (Victreebel) lv40, Giga drain, Growth, Acid, Toxic
Tempo (Dugtrio) lv41, Slash, Dig, Rock slide, Growl
Mecha (Dragonair) lv41, Thunderbolt, Thunder wave, Twister, Surf
Star Man (Starmie) lv41, Ice beam, Surf, Psychic, Recover

Last edited:

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
Finished an Emerald playthrough recently, and accidentally went into the Elite 4 without any PP restoring items and without healing my PP (although only my Ludicolo had PP depleted). A combination of that and set mode made the Elite 4 harder than I remembered. Wallace was the real issue, it mostly came down to a stall-fest between my Walrein and his Milotic. He had far too many Full Restores... I won in the end though.

After that, I went to the Battle Frontier and have been trying to beat the Battle Factory, then go and EV train some Pokémon for the rest of the facilities. My highest streak so far has been 15, with that run ending due to a Blissey spamming Double Team and Toxic.

EDIT: Current team is:
Pikachu (Altaria) Level 53
Pikachu (Flygon) Level 53
Pikachu (Absol) Level 53
Pikachu (Blaziken) Level 53
Pikachu (Walrein) Level 54
Pikachu (Ludicolo) Level 54

The nicknames are a result of a joke taken too far.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
Finally beat the Battle Factory, getting both the Gold and Silver symbols in the same run.
Now to EV train a team for the other facilities.
Thinking of using a Metagross, Latias, and Salamance.

JourneymanN00b

Hello everyone. This is a roguelike addict who is taking a very unique approach to playing a main Generation III game for the first time. I previously played parts Red/Blue/Yellow as an elementary school student in around 1999, but never completely finished a game until 2010 due to my stupidity, the games accidentally getting deleted, and real life/homework forcing a near-decade hiatus. I was able to fully finish Gold in the summer of 2010, but never progressed further than that due to preparing for college and not having enough time for video games. Now that the pandemic is freeing up time to reconsider these games, I decided to attempt to dive in to Generation III. To make the experience memorable and relatively quick, I will be playing the character as a Lithium Rogue. What is a Lithium Rogue, you may ask? Well, it is a player that attempts to beat the Elite Four by adhering to the below set of rules:

1. Lithium is the simplest possible metal. As such, the Lithium Rogue will be taking the most direct possible path towards beating the Elite Four. No locations outside this direct route to victory can be visited. No optional sidequests can be undertaken, either.

2. In a roguelike, the player gets only one life. If the player dies, a new game must be started from the beginning. As such, if the Lithium Rogue gets a black out, the run is over, and a fresh game must be started to begin the adventure anew. However, any fainted Pokémon is allowed to be revived in a Pokémon Center or items, provided that at least one Pokémon is still in active condition.

3. Zero grinding is allowed. This is the golden rule of this challenge and defies the principles of being a Lithium Rogue. The Lithium Rogue is expected to advance through the game as quickly as possible and not waste time training Pokémon like lesser mortals with infinite time. The Lithium Rogue is also expected to use whatever resources that are on hand to overcome any obstacles that may be encountered from following this simple approach.

4. No backtracking is permitted. Unless it is to advance the story, an area can only be visited once. The Lithium Rogue is not permitted to go back to an area to catch a desired Pokémon or to return to a town to heal up in a Pokémon center.

5. Any trainers that are not necessary to fight to move to the next area must be avoided, if possible. However, it is understood that mistakes can be made, especially with those involving “spinners”, and the Lithium Rogue will occasionally be forced to fight these trainers in order to advance. As such, any run-in fights with “unnecessary” trainers may be utilized to provide the Lithium Rogue’s Pokémon with additional experience.

6. The Lithium Rogue is permitted to pick up items in trainer areas, but only those that would be typically picked up for speedruns. Like trainers in the previous run, additional items may be picked up and utilized if doing so would not add unreasonable time to the Lithium Rogue’s journey.

7. Any time spent on wild grass must be kept to a minimum. Any Pokémon encountered in these areas can be battled and caught to suit the Lithium Rogue’s needs. The Lithium Rogue is not playing a Nuzlocke challenge, so there are no Pokémon catching limits.

8. No manipulations are allowed to be used here. The Lithium Rogue has no knowledge of such acts of cheating, and utilizing them ruins the spirit of this adventure. Any disadvantages from not utilizing these manipulations may be made up by fighting additional trainers or picking up additional items, as needed.

From what I have heard about Ruby and Sapphire, doing this should be a fairly easy challenge to achieve, given the proper application of common sense. Now that the ground rules have been set, I will be starting a run that fits all of the above rules, which will be into parts divided by gyms. So the goal of the first part is to clear the first gym and get the first Gym Badge.

Part 1:

Littleroot Town

Get Potion from PC and set clock. Head to route 101.

Route 101

Choose Mudkip, and tackle the Wild Poochyena twice. After saying yes to Professor Birch, head to Route 103.

Oldale Town

Heal up at the Pokémon Center, get the potion from the man to the right of the Pokémon center.

Route 103

In Rival Battle #1, tackle the Rival’s Treecko four times. Return to lab and heal using mother and get running shoes.

Route 102

Battle Youngster Calvin. Tackle Youngster Calvin’s Zigzagoon 4-6 times, heal if HP gets below 13.

Petalburg City

Buy 5 potions and 1 Repel at the store. Heal at the Pokémon center, then go to father’s gym and help Wally catch his first Pokémon.

Route 104

Cut through the grass to Petalburg woods. If a Wingull is encountered, catch it after tackling once to weaken it. Heal to at least 16 HP before the second patch of grass.

Petalburg Woods

Tackle spam any trainers/wild Pokémon that might be encountered here. Battle Team Aqua Grunt. Tackle Team Aqua Grunt’s Poochyena 5 times. Get the Great Ball from the Team Aqua Grunt victim. Get the Ether from the northwest corner of the area.

Rustboro City

Heal at the Pokémon Center, go to gym. Put Wingull on the front line if one is caught. Battle Youngster Josh. If Wingull was caught, use Water Gun on Youngster Josh’s first Geodude once and let it faint. Use Mud Slap 6 times with Mudkip on first Geodude. Water Gun the other two Geodudes. Battle Youngster Tommy. Use water gun on Youngster Tommy’s Geodude. Heal if necessary, and put Mudkip in the front if a Wingull was caught. Battle Roxanne. Water Gun Roxanne’s Geodude. Water Gun Roxanne’s Nosepass 2 to 7 times. Get the first Stone Badge.

I hope that there are no flaws with this first part of the game plan to complete the challenge. I can always adjust the above rules to make things more challenging/reasonable. Oh, and feel free to vote on the gender and name of the first Lithium Rogue that will undertake this challenge. I will come back to this thread after a couple of days, read any replies, and begin the first run.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

So with no takers, I choose to play a male character and select Rogelio as my name. The attempt ended in failure due to a mistake at the end of this run.

The Lithium’s Rogue’s Journey Attempt #1: Rogelio

Part 1 Report:

So I start off by getting the potion and introducing myself to May. Then I head to Route 101 and get the Mudkip, and proceed to tackle the Wild Poochyena three times. When I get the chance, I find out that the Mudkip has 10 Attack, 10 Defense, 11 Sp. Attack, 10 Special Defense, and 9 Speed. Not good. I make it to Olddale town without any encounters and get the Potion from the mart owner. I tackle the Rival’s Treecko without any problems and return to the lab and heal using mother and get the running shoes. When battling Youngster Calvin, my Mudkip gets to 10 HP, but I manage to make it to the Pokémon Center in Petalburg City without any problems. After healing up, and getting 5 Potions and 1 Repel, I head to father’s gym and help Wally. When I reach Route 104, I pick up the 2 Oran Berries and 2 Pecha Berries, and encounter a Wingull. After tackling it twice, I attempt to catch it, but fail. I then proceed to tackle it a third time, but it turned out to be a critical hit, which caused it to faint. Darn. I also run into Rich Boy Winston at the end of Route 104 after getting the timing of the spinner wrong. I end up having to use a Potion to heal Wingull to deal with the Rich Boy Winston’s Zigzagoon. I also run into Bug Catcher James after failing to get the timing correct and am forced to use another Potion. After that battle, my Mudkip learns Water Gun and I proceed to get the Ether. Before I am able to escape, I run into a Zigzagoon and decide to catch it as a spare after using Water Gun on it twice. In the second half of Route 104, I fail to avoid a Lady Cindy and am forced to Water Gun Lady Cindy’s Zigzagoon. I make it to Rustboro City and heal up at the Pokémon Center. I then head to the gym and stupidly skipped the Youngsters and directly face Roxanne due to the encounters that I already had before, which proved to be a fatal mistake. Roxanne’s Geodude takes two Water Guns to faint, and her Nosepass ends up killing my Mudkip after I used two Potions and her rock tomb lands a critical hit on me. My Zigzagoon ends up quickly suffering the same fate.

So yeah, this run was a bust because I skipped the Youngsters, which is a lesson to stick to the script. I will try another run in the next several days with a new character. Feel free to vote on the gender and new name of the next player. I'll probably start a run either tomorrow or on Sunday, so any votes should come before then for the 0-1 people interested in seeing something like this.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

So with no response, I choose another male character and name him Kacper. This time, the attempt gets to a good start.

The Lithium’s Rogue’s Journey Attempt #2: Kacper

Part 1 Report:

So after getting the PC potion and introducing myself to May, I head to Route 101 and get the Mudkip, and proceed to tackle the Wild Poochyena three times. When I get the chance to take a look at the Mudkip’s stats, I find that it has 12 Attack, 11 Defense, 11 Sp. Attack, 10 Sp. Defense, and 8 Speed. Not good at all. I make it to Olddale town without any encounters and get the Potion from the mart owner. On my way to my Rival, I encounter a Zigzagoon and tackle it, which leaves my Mudkip at 14 HP. When battling the Rival’s Treeko, my Mudkip gets to 2 HP, but manages to win against her Treecko. After returning to the lab and getting the running shoes, I heal using mother, and head to Route 102. I Tackle Youngster Calvin’s Zigzagoon 4 times and encounter a Zigzagoon, which I decide to Tackle spam to get EXP and get 2 Oran Berries and 2 Pecha Berries. Before I reach the end of the route, I encounter a Wurmple and Zigzagoon and Tackle them both for EXP. I make it to Petalburg City, heal at the Pokémon Center, and buy 5 Potions and 1 Repel. I then go to father’s gym and help Wally catch his first Pokémon. I then head to Route 104, get 2 Oran Berries and 2 Pecha Berries, and encounter a Zigzagoon that gets Tackled for EXP. In Petalburg Woods, I get a Paralyz heal while successfully dodging a spinner, and was lucky enough to encounter a Taillow, which I Tackle once (which turned out to be a critical hit) and catch on the first try. I Tackle Team Aqua Grunt’s Poochyena 5 times and get the Great Ball. I encounter a Slakoth when crossing the patch of grass to the exit, forcing me to use a Potion on my Mudkip to survive, who falls asleep in the battle after getting Slakoth to the red zone by Tackling it three times. I decide to catch the Slakoth to simplify the situation. After that, I get the Ether and leave Petalburg Woods. When entering the second half of Route 104, I decide to veer off and get 2 Oran Berries, 4 Cheri Berries, 2 Leppa Berries, the Chesto Berry, and the TM09. I then make it to Rustboro City and heal up at the Pokémon center. After that, I head to Rustboro Gym and Mud Slapped Youngster Josh’s First Geodude 5 times (one of them being critical), and proceeded to Water Gun his next two Geodudes. I then Water Gun Youngster Tommy’s Geodude and use a Potion for safety before facing Roxanne. I Water Gun Roxanne’s Geodude and Water Gun her Nosepass 5 times and use a Potion for safety reasons due to Rock Throw Damage before finishing off the Nosepass with a 6th Water Gun. I get the Stone Badage and TM39 and end the part with pride.

So now that the first part is done, it’s time to plan the second part to clear the second gym and get the second Gym Badge.

Part 2:

Before leaving Rustboro Gym, heal at the Pokémon Center.

Route 116

Take the upper path and fight Youngster Joey. Water Gun Youngster Joey’s Zigzagoon twice, Water Gun Youngster Joey’s Machop three times. Battle Hiker Clark. Water Gun each of Hiker Clark’s Geodudes. Battle any wild Pokémon, since a Taillow was already caught.

Rusturf Tunnel

Battle Team Aqua Grunt. Water Gun Aqua Grunt’s Poochyena twice. If Mud Shot is learned, replace Growl to make room with it.

Rustboro City

Return Devon Goods to Devon worker, acquire Pokenav and letter. Go to Mart and sell all Poké Balls, 2 Great Balls, and TM39 and buy 4 Super Potion, 2 X Speed, 3 X Attack, and 4 Repel.

Route 104

Visit Mr. Briney and go to Dewford Town.

Dewford Town

Heal at the Pokémon Center, and head directly to Granite Cave.

Granite Cave

Find Steven, and give him the letter. Grab the Escape Rope on the way. Return to Dewford Town.

Dewford Town

Heal at the Pokémon Center, go to gym. Battle Battle Girl Laura. Use Water Gun and Mud Shot on Battle Girl Laura’s Medtite. Battle Brawly. Use X Attack, then use Mud Shot three times on Brawly’s Machop. Use Mud Shot twice on Brawly’s Makuhita. Get the Knuckle Badge.

Any suggestions or other comments are welcome. I'll probably start the second part in a few hours and report back on how things end up.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

Alright, so Kacper finishes the second part of the Lithium Rogue’s Journey without too much trouble.

Part 2 Report:

So I continue the journey by healing at the Pokémon center, and getting HM01 and the Quick claw. After equipping Mudkip with the Quick Claw, I go to Route 116 and fight Youngster Joey. I Water Gun Youngster Joey’s Zigzagoon twice, and Water Gun Youngster Joey’s Machop three times. My Mudkip learns Bide in place of Growl. I miss the timing and run into Lass Janice, whose Marill I dispatch using 2 Mud Slap and 3 Tackles. I then encounter and Water Gun a Zigzagoon, and battle Hiker Clark, where I Water Gun each of Hiker Clark’s Geodudes. My Mudip evolves into Marshstomp and forgets Bide to learn Mud Shot. I then choose to teach Cut on my Skakoth in case any shortcuts can be used using Cut. After that, I encounter and defeat 2 Whimsaurs, get a Poke Ball, and battle Team Aqua Grunt and Water Gun Aqua Grunt’s Poochyena twice. After getting the Devon Goods, I encounter and defeat a third Whimsaur and a Nincada, and return to Rustboro City, where I return the Devon Goods, get another Great Ball, the PokeNav, the Slateport package, and a letter for Steven. I then heal up at the Pokémon Center and head to the Mart and sell all Poké Balls, 2 Great Balls, and TM39 and buy 4 Super Potion, 2 X Speed, 3 X Attack, and 4 Repel. I then head to Route 104, visit Mr. Briney, and go to Dewford town. I then head straight to the Granite Cave, get the HM05 and Escape Rope, and fight 3 Makuhitas, 2 Arons, and 3 Zubats on my way to Steven. I end up using a Potion to recover some HP. Upon reaching Steven, I give him the letter and get TM47, and use the Escape Rope to leave the Granite Cave. I then return to Dewford Town, heal up at the Pokémon Center, and head to the gym. I fight Battle Girl Laura and use Water Gun and Mud Shot on Battle Girl Laura’s Medtite. I then begin the battle against Brawly. I use X Attack, then use Mud Shot twice on Brawly’s Machop. I then use Mud Shot once on Brawly’s Makuhita, which turned out to be a critical hit and enough to take it down. I get the Knuckle Badge and TM08 and proceed to end the part with pride.

So now it’s time to plan the third part to get the third Gym Badge.

Part 3:

Visit Mr. Briney and head to Slateport.

Route 109:

Get the hidden revive and the Soft Sand.

Slateport City:

Fight the Aqua Grunts. Mud Shot Aqua Grunt 1’s Carvanha. Tackle and then Water Gun Aqua Grunt 2’s Zubat, then Mud Shot Agua Grunt 2’s Carvanha.

Route 110:

Equip Soft Sand, make sure that Marshstomp is between 19-40 Health, and use a Repel. Get the Full Heal. Start the second Rival Battle, by using 2 X Attacks, 2 X Speed, 1 Super Potion, and then use a Mud Slap on the Rival’s Wailmer. Use Mud Shot twice on the Rival’s Numel, and a Mud Shot on Rival’s Grovyle. Get the Hidden Revive.

Mauville City:

Get HM06 and Mach Bike, use Super Potion and Ether on Mud Shot if necessary, Teach Rock Smash over Mud Slap. Register Bike. Fight Wally and use Mud Shot on Ralts. Head to gym. Fight Battle Girl Vivian and use Water Gun and Mud Shot on Battle Girl Vivian’s Meditite. Fight Guitarist Shawn and use Mud Shot on all three of Guitarist Shawn’s Voltorb. Fight Wattson and use X Speed before using Mud Shot on his Magnemite, Voltorb, and Magneton. Get the Dynamo Badge.

My Marshstomp is currently at Lv 19, while my Taillow and Slakoth are at Lv 5. Hopefully there are no flaws in my plan to get the third badge. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. I’ll probably start the third part within a day and provide a report then.