1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

3rd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Ashscot

Ashscot Sheikah

Over the weekend update.

• Left Fortree and began raising Smoothie up. I explored Routes 120-123 to raise Smoothie. Got him up to level 32.
    • Proceeded to go to Mt. Pyre, and explored the inside and outside.
    • Fought Team Magma and won.
    • Went to Slateport to see Team Magma steal the submarine.
    • Made my way towards Lilycove, and decided to raise Igneous up to evolve him. I knew a lot of water was coming up, so I figured I'd do this now. It took a little while, but I was able to do it.
    • In the Lilycove Pokemon Center, I decided Nacho needed to evolve now as well. So I traded him to a Sapphire Version I had lying around and traded him back.
    • Battled May, and I swept her again with Bandit. I actually thought it was pretty funny knocking out her Numel with a Surf from Bandit. I know Numel doesn't have the best stats, but still.
    • Raided the Team Magma hideout. Kurt evolved into a Swampert here.
    • Left the hideout and began exploring the sea on my way to Mossdeep.
    • Only notable thing to occur here was the gym battle. I used Kurt and Smoothie only. I took out Solrock and Lunatone using only Muddy Water and Magical Leaf. The most surprising part of this battle was that I took no damage.
    • Pursued Team Magma to the underwater cavern and kicked their butts.
    • Caught Groudon in Sootopolis.
    • Went to the gym and experienced the most frustrating gym battle ever......EVER. I had to battle Wallace twice. EVERY SINGLE TIME his Pokemon used Water Pulse, it's secondary effect confused mine. To make matter worse, my Pokemon kept hurting themselves. I also experienced a first here. His Seaking knocked out Mimi with a Horn Drill. I have never had a Pokemon get hit with a one-hit KO move. Milotic was his toughest Pokemon to best. I had to resort to Headbutt with Bandit to beat it.
    • Saved my game, and next time I plan on raising my team to 43 before hitting Victory Road.
    Current Team
    • Kurt (Swampert), Level 40
    • Bandit (Linoone), Level 38
    • Mimi (Minun), Level 41
    • Igneous (Magcargo), Level 39
    • Nacho (Machamp), Level 40
    • Smoothie (Tropius), Level 39

2. Ashscot

Ashscot Sheikah

Not much has happened over the last few days.

• Left Sootopolis and began exploring the whole sea while leveling up my Pokemon.
    • Made my way to Pacifidlog Town, and got the TM for Return. Taught it to Bandit.
    • Braved the fast currents west of Pacifidlog town and battled plenty of trainers and collected items.
    • Went to the Trainer Eyes function on the PokeNav and re-battled quite a few trainers.
    • Made my way to Ever Grande City.
    • Saved before embarking into Victory Road.
    Current Team
    • Kurt (Swampert), Level 43
    • Bandit (Linoone), Level 43
    • Mimi (Minun), Level 43
    • Igneous (Magcargo), Level 43
    • Nacho (Machamp), Level 43
    • Smoothie (Tropius), Level 43

3. Ashscot

Ashscot Sheikah

Final update!

• Made my way through Victory Road, and got my team to level 45.
    • Stocked up on Hyper Potions, Revives, and Full Heals.
    • Headed in to battle the Elite Four.
    • Nacho took care of Sidney's Mightyena, Sharpedo, and Absol. Igneous took care of Shiftry and Cacturne. This was a relatively easy fight.
    • Phoebe on the other hand was a bit of a problem. I tried to lead with Smoothie, but he got KO'd. To my surpise, Bandit took care of her team by using Surf. It took awhile, but I was able to overcome her.
    • Nacho swept Glacia with Cross Chop and Karate Chop.
    • Again, Nacho swept Drake. I set up Bulk Up 6 times on his Shelgon haha. He proceeded to KO everything in one shot with Strength.
    • Steven was hard! Let's just say I had to use healing items a few times. Anyways, here's basically what happened. Mimi took care of Skarmory with Thunder. Nacho took care of Aggron and Cradily with Cross Chop. Kurt took care of Metagross, Claydol, and Armaldo with Mud Shot and Waterfall.
    • In case you are wondering, I did not teach any of my Pokemon any TMs I thought I would find useful like Earthquake and Psychic. I will be trading these over to Emerald for when I decide to breed Pokemon and take on the Battle Frontier.
    Final Team Update
    • Kurt (Swampert), Level 47
    • Bandit (Linoone), Level 46
    • Mimi (Minun), Level 46
    • Igneous (Magcargo), Level 45
    • Nacho (Machamp), Level 48
    • Smoothie (Tropius), Level 45

4. LucarioIsMegaEvolving

LucarioIsMegaEvolving A single misplaced step

Finally beat the Battle Factory, getting both the Gold and Silver symbols in the same run.
    Now to EV train a team for the other facilities.
    Thinking of using a Metagross, Latias, and Salamance.

TwilightBlade and Ashscot like this.