• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Challenged the level 50 Battle Factory again. This time, I had some pretty decent Pokemon to choose from and ended up picking a team of Sharpedo, Sandslash, and Arbok. My first opponent wasn’t super difficult to defeat. They had a Dunsparce that was a little annoying, but the other two Pokemon went down easily. The next battle, though, didn’t go so well for me. My opponent lead with a speedy Delcatty that destroyed my Sharpedo and Sandslash with critical hits from Thunderbolt and Ice Beam respectively. That left me with just Arbok, who did a good job taking down two of the opponent’s Pokemon, but just couldn’t hand the final Pokemon, Vigoroth, on its own. So, I lost there and didn’t feel like trying again today.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today on Emerald:

- I did some pokemon hunting in the Safari zone's expanded areas and caught a Pineco, Hoothoot, Shuckle and Gligar. I evolved Hoothoot and Pineco and then traded with Sapphire.
- I went fishing for a Feebas at Route 119 next but even after searching many tiles in the river, all I found was tons of Carvanha and no Feebas. I just decided to breed one instead. ^^
- After my Milotic laid Feebas eggs, I traded two to Sapphire and flew back to the Battle frontier and challenged the Battle pyramid for fun and I made it through a whole round this time.

Bananarama

The light is coming
So after I thwarted another Team Rocket grunt's plans, I went to Vermilion City and obtained a VS Seeker from a girl in the Pokémon Center. I went on to catch a Spearow, which I traded for a Farfetch'd back in Vermilion City. After catching a Diglett, I went into the S. S. Anne, and I beat my rival again and later got an HM for Cut. I moved on to easily beat Lt. Surge and his electric types with Diglett, earning me my third badge.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today on Emerald:

- I challenged the Battle pyramid once more and I had trouble this time since I had to suffer through my pokemon's paralysis and I couldn't find any useful items. I still won tho. ^^;
- I faced Brandon the next time I climbed the Battle pyramid and I faced his Regi trio which put up a good fight against my own legendary team and sadly I lost the match against them.
- I did some shopping next and left the Battle frontier and focused on breeding and hatching eggs next. I also messed around in the Mauville Game Corner and played the slots. :3

Aquarelle

Staff member
Tried the level 50 Battle Factory again today. I got a decent selection of Pokemon to choose from and went with a team of Azumarill, Sudowoodo, and Butterfree. After winning the first two battles with that team, I swapped out Sudowoodo for a Sableye, which ended up being pretty useful with Fake Out and Knock Off. A few battles later, I exchanged Butterfree for a Graveler. The remaining battles weren’t that bad, though there were a few annoying Pokemon I had to face like Luvdisc with Attract and Minimize spamming Grimer. Once I defeated seven trainers, I received a few more Battle Points and then saved.

Bananarama

The light is coming
So I ventured back into Diglett's Cave to get an HM for Flash from one of the professor's aides. I also went back to Pewter City to receive an Old Amber fossil from the museum. After that, I went all the way back to Cerulean City, and I moved on to route 9, where I fought multiple trainers and healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. After bumping into many walls in the Rock Tunnel, I finally found myself in Lavender Town. I fought more trainers in the surrounding area when I decided to fight my rival in Pokemon Tower. I managed to defeat him once again. I later saved the game.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today in my Emerald game:

- As I was hatching some eggs and exploring Route 110 again, I found Latias which I hadn't caught in my game yet. I threw an Ultra ball at it and surprisingly that actually worked. :3
- I went down Cycling road and visited Slateport city next and exchanged pokemon, then I went to the Abandoned ship and accessed the sunken area via Dive and found many keys.
- I grabbed the Scanner next and exchanged that for a DeepSeaTooth in Slateport city, then I attached it to a Clamperl and traded it to Sapphire which evolved it into Huntail. :D

Bananarama

The light is coming
I went all the way to Celadon City, and I obtained an Eevee at the Celadon Mansion. I challenged Erika and won my fourth badge after having some trouble with Victreebel. I went into the Game Corner and battled a Rocket grunt, who showed me the way into the Rocket Hideout. After fighting multiple grunts, I finally found Giovanni, who I defeated easily. I picked up the Silph Scope he left behind, and I saved the game.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
On Emerald this morning:

- I did some more trades and filled up my Pokedex a bit more. I worked on growing berries especially Liechi berries cuz I only had 5 in my inventory. I then hurried to Shoal cave.
- Since it was low tide, I went to the frozen cave section and caught another Snorunt and then I went fishing by Mossdeep city's shore and hooked a Sharpedo and flew to Ever Grande.
- I fished and caught a Luvdisc and surfed to Pacifidlog town and grabbed a Return Tm, then I flew to the Battle frontier and challenged the Battle palace and barely finished 7 matches.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued with the Battle Factory today. I entered the level 50 challenge again and started by choosing a team of rental Pokemon. The rental Pokemon themselves were all pretty decent, but many of them only had attacking moves of one type, which I really didn’t like. I ended up choosing a team of Kadabra, Porygon, and Sudowoodo. The first couple of battles went well for me and I ended up swapping Porygon for a Hitmonchan. A battle or two later, I swapped Kadabra for Octillery. The Hitmonchan and Octillery were very useful and really helped me defeat the remaining trainers.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Today in Emerald,I started training Makuhita by battling the wild Pokemon on Route 116.Soon,I encountered a Skitty for the first time during this playthrough and caught her in a Nest Ball.After I finished the grinding,I flew to Lilycove and entered the Safari Game.I managed to catch a Houndour and a Snubbull there before I walked 500 steps.When the Safari Game was over,I flew to Battle Frontier and saved the game.

Bananarama

The light is coming
So I went back to Pokémon Tower with the Silph Scope, and I battled multiple channelers until I arrived at the top floor. After catching a Cubone, I thwarted Team Rocket yet again, and I found Mr. Fuji, who took me to his house and gave me a Pokéflute. I used it on the nearby Snorlax, which I was able to catch. I then made my way to Fuschia City, and I immediately went to the Safari Zone, where I caught several Pokémon and found the Surf HM. I also found the Gold Teeth, which I gave to the Warden, who gave me the HM for Strength. I then saved the game.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today in Emerald version:

- I got over my frustration with the Battle palace and challenged it once more and despite thinking I'd lose, I managed to defeat another 7 trainers and soon I got to fight Spenser.
- Sadly I ended up losing to him for the second time, which upset me. I tried my luck at the Battle factory again instead, although halfway through I ended up losing as well. ^^;
- I flew from the Battle frontier island next and went on a pokemon catching spree and evolved a Slakoth into a Vigoroth, a Swablu into an Altaria and a Chinchou into a Lanturn.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I left the Battle Factory for the moment and went over to the Battle Dome. There, I decided to enter a Double Battle tournament since I do the Singles option 99% of the time. I already had an open level streak of 3 straight tournament wins from a long time ago, so I continued it. I selected a team of Metagross, Salamence, and Starmie and then started fighting trainers.

The first three were pretty easy, though I did have a tough moment on the second battle when I lost Salamence to a surprise Ice Beam. The final battle was very tough, though, and I came so close to losing it. I had my Metagross and Starmie against a Kangaskhan and Claydol duo and lost Starmie before either of the opponent's Pokemon fainted. My Metagross was at red HP by the end of the battle. Fortunately, the Kangaskhan wasted the first few turns of the battle trying to use Counter against my Starmie's Special Attacks instead of attacking outright, which allowed Metagross to KO Kangaskhan in the end. I won that battle and the tournament and checked out the tourney tree in the lobby before saving.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
On Emerald this afternoon I:

- I finished evolving some pokemon finally and I then went back to the Safari zone and caught a Snubbull, Houndour, Sunkern and Mareep which I now worked on training and evolving.
- I did some breeding and left two Marills in the day care center on Route 117 and hatched an Azurill egg once that was finished and I also formed a new team for my next BF challenge.
- I stormed the Battle palace again and defeated trainers using Zapdos, Latias, and Swampert and I faced off against Spenser again and this time I won and got the Spirits symbol. :)

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
Did a battle factory run for the first time since I was 7, 10 years later I understand so much more haha

Aquarelle

Staff member
Entered another Double Battle tournament at the Battle Dome today. I brought my Salamence, Metagross, and Starmie with me just like a couple days ago. This time, the trainers I faced weren't too challenging, much easier than the trainers I fought the other day. I did get hit with quite a few status conditions like poison and some of the enemy Pokemon were annoying due to Protect spamming, but overall the battles weren't too bad. I think I only had a Pokemon faint during one of the four battles.
Anyway, I won that tournament, received more BP, then saved.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
On Emerald this evening:

- I exchanged pokemon at the pokemon center at the Battle frontier and then I went surfing and down a waterfall and visited Artisan's cave and caught a Smeargle inside of there.
- I did some evolving next and fought trainers around the Hoenn region, then I bred pokemon and collected eggs from the day care as well and planted and harvested berries.
- I then battled against the E4 for money since I was running low on funds hee hee. I won against Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake and Steven easily and did some more breeding next.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I headed over to the Battle Arena. I decided to start a new level 50 challenge and did so with my Alakazam, Salamence, and Metagross as my team. The trainers I faced had mostly unevolved Pokemon, so they weren't too hard to defeat. My Alakazam swept through most of the trainers on its own. However, there was one battle where I had to use Salamence due to Alakazam fainting. In that battle, Alakazam ended up losing to a Geodude because of its Focus Band activating twice in a row. -_-
In the end, I defeated all seven trainers and then saved.

Bananarama

The light is coming
So I started to train my Pokémon, and I encountered and caught a surprise shiny Spearow. I managed to evolve my Dratini into Dragonair and my Pidgeotto into Pidgeot. Afterwards, I flew back to Saffron City, and I went into Silph Co.'s headquarters and battled countless Team Rocket grunts and scientists, as well as my rival. After doing that, I battled Giovanni again and got the Master Ball. I went into the Fighting Dojo and battled some black belts. I chose Hitmonchan, and I saved after that.