1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

3rd Gen Remakes - Should it happen?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by DarkSpace2012, May 9, 2010.

?

When should 3rd Gen remakes come out?

Poll closed Sep 27, 2010.
  1. In between B/W and 3rd game

56 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. After B/W/3rd game

64 vote(s)
    45.7%
  3. As part of Generation 6

20 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSpace2012

DarkSpace2012 And, as if by magic~

Ok, after the storm of HeartGold and SoulSilver, do you believe there should be remakes of the 3rd Gen games, Ruby and Sapphire? Do the games that introduced a generation to Pokemon (including me) deserve a revival?

2. Saph

Saph Rapscallion

I would play it. But we won't get them until 2013 at least, if we get them at all.

The only thing that makes me think we won't get them is that 5th Gen is still compatible with the 3rd Gen. You can trade from RSEFRLG to DPPtHGSS to BW. RBYGSC were incompatible with RSEDPPt, so they were remade.

Of course, if Game Freak decides that they still want to remake them for whatever reason (a 10th anniversary for example) they will. It's not like they won't sell.

3. I think we should get them, just not now. Try 3 years or so. A lot of people still have & play their GBA games.

4. Disturbed1

Disturbed1 Well-Known Member

I think we will get them. They'll be timed to come out after Pokemon Gray(or whatever BW's third game is), but before Gen 6.

5. Tropios

Tropios ':o Me is stinky??'

uuum, not since the dsi and itcould be earlier, if you look at frlg

6. lugia used splash

lugia used splash Likes Cake.

Im not that sure. Prehaps in a few years.

7. weavile33

weavile33 < - Pure awesome!

I'd love "x" ruby and "y" sapphire. So many people seem to think that they were the weakest games but i personally loved them. I definetely think that they should happen but im not exactly sure that they will.

8. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

I'm going to say no, because are fine by themselves. They don't need any remakes, they are good enough.

9. Satoshi_poketo monsta

Satoshi_poketo monsta Home-Made Trainer.

I think there really is the 3rd gen remakes.
    Maybe In two years they're going to make the 3rd version of black and white first, then the next year they're make it the 3rd gen remakes. maybe~

10. Typhlosion101

Typhlosion101 Active Member

i hope there is gonna be i loved ruby and sapphire.

11. HoundoomFlare

HoundoomFlare Banned

Knowing Nintendo, there is going to be one, probably after the enhanced version of B&W

12. Vermehlo_Steele

Vermehlo_Steele Grand Arbiter II

It depends on wether or not Black, White and Gray can directly trade with D/P/Pt/HG/SS.
    If not, then there will be no remake of Ruby and Sapphire. If B/W/G can't directly trade with Generation 4 (pretty much a given, as there'll be new pokemon, moves, abilities et cetera) then there is a high chance of EarthRuby and SeaSapphire* coming out.

After all, R/S/E/FR/LG could import Pokemon to Generation 4 and one could finish the game without remakes, yet HG/SS came around anyway. I bet that one could import Pogermanz from P/D/Pt/HG/SS to B/W/G yet we will probably see EarthRuby and SeaSapphire come around.

*I say EarthRuby and SeaSapphire as it ties with the weather/world terrain theme of Hoenn.

13. Vermehlo_Steele

Vermehlo_Steele Grand Arbiter II

It depends on wether or not Black, White and Gray can directly trade with D/P/Pt/HG/SS.
    If not, then there will be no remake of Ruby and Sapphire. If B/W/G can't directly trade with Generation 4 (pretty much a given, as there'll be new pokemon, moves, abilities et cetera) then there is a high chance of EarthRuby and SeaSapphire* coming out.

After all, R/S/E/FR/LG could import Pokemon to Generation 4 and one could finish the game without remakes, yet HG/SS came around anyway. I bet that one could import Pogermanz from P/D/Pt/HG/SS to B/W/G yet we will probably see EarthRuby and SeaSapphire come around.

*I say EarthRuby and SeaSapphire as it ties with the weather/world terrain theme of Hoenn.

14. PaleoPhoenix

PaleoPhoenix Protector of Nature

I hope they do, Hoenn was my favorite land so far. In fact I'm about to start a new game in Ruby, and Emerald too as soon as I find the cartridge.

15. sealeo

sealeo Member

Although i preferred generation 2 games to generation 3 I think it would still be a very fun game to play as a remake

16. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

I would like to see a R/S remake one day, probably won't happen for another couple of years but I do imagine it would happen again, just wonder what they would change.

17. Neo Duality

Neo Duality Banned

tbh I'd be sad if they milked pokemon after 5th gen.

18. Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon Crazy Dude

Well they've always milked Pokemon, so start being sad.

19. Neo Duality

Neo Duality Banned

You really are a psychopath.

20. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

I agree. Unfortunately, I don't see many new things they can change if they will do a remake for this game. I think this time it will not happen, because they already know it might be too expected. It all depends on how many years they will set aside for themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.