• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Remakes - Should it happen?

When should 3rd Gen remakes come out?

• In between B/W and 3rd game

Votes: 56 40.0%
  • After B/W/3rd game

Votes: 64 45.7%
  • As part of Generation 6

Votes: 20 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WafflesMaster

Big Brown Dumps
I say that they should. It's just common sense. The average consumer of Pokemon games in the United States, one of video games' biggest markets, is children 8-13. Therefore, if the game is released in the probable date of 2013, the players would have to have gotten the game when they were very young. Plus, it allows Game Freak to get money for repeating the same story and characters, which means bigger Pokemon adventures!

On a personal note, Generation III was my favorite and I LOVE Hoenn, so I would really want them.

B-Master Flash

Veteran Trainer
Crystal was my first Pokemon game, but I screwed a bunch of things up in it... Emerald was the first Pokemon game I had w/out ruining the experiance. I loved it, plain and simple. The new PC system, the rebirth of Sprite animations...it was awesome. The Hoenn region is still my favorite, and although remakes would nice, I feel it would detract from the awesomeness of the originals.

PaleoPhoenix

Protector of Nature
The average consumer of Pokemon games in the United States, one of video games' biggest markets, is children 8-13.

This makes me feel very old.

Also, I hope they don't ruin it if they make a remake. For some reason HeartGold just doesn't feel the same as Gold did, but then again I'm ten years older.

Beebar234

Gen III is the first gen where there are massive changes between the paired versions and the third. That's why I think that they should remake Emerald. Not Ruby and Sapphire. Imagine the whole Sky Pillar, Magma Hideout, Mirage Tower and Battle Frontier in 3D! Plus Emerald's storyline is way better than Ruby/Sapphire's, and this is coming from a person who has played all three. I was introduced into the series in Gen III, so remakes would be awesome.

BCVM22

That's why I think that they should remake Emerald. Not Ruby and Sapphire. Imagine the whole Sky Pillar, Magma Hideout, Mirage Tower and Battle Frontier in 3D! Plus Emerald's storyline is way better than Ruby/Sapphire's, and this is coming from a person who has played all three. I was introduced into the series in Gen III, so remakes would be awesome.

That's too narrow a view. HeartGold and SoulSilver weren't simply remakes of Gold and Silver, they were remakes of Gold and Silver with most of the material exclusive to Crystal - the Odd Egg, the Suicune subplot, etc. - folded in.

If and when they remake the Hoenn titles, there's no reason to expect they'd do anything different, i.e. two titles, branded as and taking most of their material from Ruby and Sapphire, with the material that was exclusive to Emerald mixed in where appropriate.

Last edited:

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Most people who are saying we shouldn't have will probably be people who grew up with red/blue and gold/silver and they got there remake so the people who grew up with the 3rd gen should get ours

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
They will make them.

Also people saying "DERPDERPDERP! LULZ, WE WONT GET THEM BECAUSE a) THEY SUCKED AND b) WE CAN TRADE ALL THE WAY FROM THE THIRD GEN. BYE"

That was the same retarded argument we got agianst 2nd Gen remakes and we still go them. Besides, by then nobody but us nerds will have 3rd gen carts.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
They will make them.

Also people saying "DERPDERPDERP! LULZ, WE WONT GET THEM BECAUSE a) THEY SUCKED AND b) WE CAN TRADE ALL THE WAY FROM THE THIRD GEN. BYE"

That was the same retarded argument we got agianst 2nd Gen remakes and we still go them. Besides, by then nobody but us nerds will have 3rd gen carts.

true except for the last thing, 99% here are nerds 1% are people who just like pokemon and want to fill their pokedex (me :p)

Beebar234

Yes BCVM22, you're right. I should explain more. The thing about Crystal and HGSS is that in Crystal they didn't introduce something in the plot that affected the Gold and Silver's mascots. Correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't played Crystal, but apart from the Suicune storyline, the only things they added were the Battle Tower, Sprite animations, Odd Eggs, and the puzzle in the ruins of Alph. That's easy to add to a plot, because at that point in the series the stories were weak. Don't get me wrong; I think Gen II and their remakes are awesome games, but the story wasn't a strong point. But in Emerald, you get Battle tents, both teams (because there are two it makes the story complicated in all three games), the whole Rayquaza storyline that is quite a bit different, and the Battle Frontier. I left out the Mirage Tower because it wouldn't be hard to put in the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Sorry for ranting, and I hope that explains what I meant better. :) Oh and I'm not sure that there is the Odd Egg thing in HGSS.

Last edited:

Beebar234

Ok... so a remake of Emerald, or a remake of R/S with Emerald elements? but that doesn't quite work.
Exactly! This is the first Gen of this kind! It has major plot and location changes! And will they put the V Gen's Battle Frontier or Emerald's?

Last edited:

UberSorcerer

I personaly can't wait for this and 'ReFire Red and ReLeaf Green', for two reasons, one being specific to Hoenn.

1) A lot of the Hoenn Pokemon benefited greatly by the Attack Split, Sharpedo and Crawdaunt probably being the biggest names amongst them. I would like to see a Hoenn where the player can take full advantage of every pokemon that was new at the time and not be hindered by 'Stats don't benefit attacks, meh, Box 'em'.

2) The Generation 3 Engine, in the way it was in the 3rd Generation games, feels wrong. Generation 4, 1 and to a lesser degree, 2, feel about the same. Text, tile set, general tone, there is something off in the way these games are presented. But looking past that, Hoenn, and Kanto, are not bad places, nor are the monsters introduced in Hoenn bad.

Sure, I am looking forward to the new stuff, will buy it day one, but I am more than willing to run for Ruby and Sapphire, and to a lesser extent G1, remade right.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I hope they'll be remade, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. The 3rd Gen games are still good and playable, plus, they're compatible with the 5th Gen. But those are also the reasons there is a shred of doubt within me that thinks they might NOT be remade. But anythings possible, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
While I have been known for my disinterest for the 3rd gen games, I honestly believe they DO deserve remakes. The Hoenn region could certainly benefit from the upgraded graphics, if nothing else. They would most likely add some nice "gimicks" (I prefer to call them special features) as well.

I mean, I don't even like this region very much (it's boring) but I would still be interested in playing a remake of them.

And... I think a remake of FR/LG would wait until after the 6th gen... which I'd be ok with even though that would make the wait from now... something like 6 years? At least? But at the same time it would be kind of cool, even if by that point in my life I've outgrown pokemon or video games (well, I'd be in my mid to late twenties...), because I can't picture myself not buying it if only because it would be the same game I've played as a child, then a teenager, then as an adult for the 3rd (and most likely final) time around.

PokeTrainerEX

Maybe not now but they probably will be remade so they can be up to date with the fifth generation. They already remade the other games so I don't see why they wouldn't remake the 3rd generation games.

Shadow XD001

Generation 1: Remade
Generation 2: Remade
Generation 3: ??? but I think it should be remade.

Obviously Generation 4 & 5 definitely won't be remade for a while.

Pokemon Sapphire was my first game (followed by Ruby) and I also have Emerald (I don't know why I have all 3, but it's probably because my brother didn't have a Pokemon game until LeafGreen, so we didn't have the opposite copy at the time) and I would love to see the Third Generation remade.

I would get Sapphire, being my first game, and I do still play the games, but not as much as I used to do. All of you older Pokemon Fans (Late teens and older) got your "wish" off Red, Green, Gold & Silver being remade, so why not include R/S into that?

Some of you might say that the DS is still compatible with R/S/E, and that's just the original DS (not a lot of people have that anymore), DS Lite (probably most popular).

The DSi and DSi XL don't have compatibility with GBA games, so what if the 3DS doesn't have GBA compatibility?

And, if there is a Third Generation Remake, it would probably be around the 10th Anniversary, but definitely after the Third Installment to Black & White.

pkmn trainer chris

well since gen III wil be compatible we have 1 problem on our backs DSI. NO GBA SLOT. then again the remakes were because of the story line (hoen and kanto problems started arond the same time and ten year later well you know(i have been told this not 100 % sure)) + 2014 20th aniversery of red and blue and 4 years after the Gen V so Gen VI might stick out its head.
LOLZ 2014 pokemon flamingfirered and oakleafgreen?

when will it actualy end? I mean in Ten years from now we will have 1200 pokemon to collect if there is a Gen VI and VIII that keeps it to the rules of bieng a next pokemon gen

Beebar234

well since gen III wil be compatible we have 1 problem on our backs DSI. NO GBA SLOT. then again the remakes were because of the story line (hoen and kanto problems started arond the same time and ten year later well you know(i have been told this not 100 % sure)) + 2014 20th aniversery of red and blue and 4 years after the Gen V so Gen VI might stick out its head.
LOLZ 2014 pokemon flamingfirered and oakleafgreen?

when will it actualy end? I mean in Ten years from now we will have 1200 pokemon to collect if there is a Gen VI and VIII that keeps it to the rules of bieng a next pokemon gen
Woah, slow down. We hardly know anything about Gen V and you're already thinking that far? I'm impressed.

parade911

as much as i want remakes, i wont raise my hopes too high.

by the time the third version of generation 5 is out, the new nintendo ds (3ds?) would almost be released, and remakes have always been on the same console as the generation they followed.

but im not sure, since firered leafgreen came out a very short time before the gameboy advance started to die...

i'm not sure what im saying...because im kinda contradicting myself. :S

;038; ?

Status
Not open for further replies.