• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Remakes - Should it happen?

When should 3rd Gen remakes come out?

• In between B/W and 3rd game

Votes: 56 40.0%
  • After B/W/3rd game

Votes: 64 45.7%
  • As part of Generation 6

Votes: 20 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

Personally RSE are my favorite games and even though some people think a remake would be nice, I don't want to see the game change.

After two different sets of remakes now, you don't think that they'd keep R/S completely the same if/when they do remake them, do you?

Saph

Rapscallion
Come on now. Haven't we been over this enough times?
Before HGSS, you said that a GSC remake wasn't likely because we already had a way to get Johto exclusives.

Why was it a valid argument when you used it but not when other people are using it now?

I don't know...
Everybody seemed to hate the 3rd Generation for some reason.

I really don't see a reason to remake it, I mean, the reason they remade Red/Blue and Gold/Silver was to bring classics into a new generation. Ruby/Sapphire aren't really classics.

However, if they chose to remake them, I would gladly support that decision, I love the
3rd generation.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Why was it a valid argument when you used it but not when other people are using it now?

Because as you said, that was before HG/SS. This is after it. The circumstances have completely changed. So obviously the validity of different points change.

I really don't see a reason to remake it, I mean, the reason they remade Red/Blue and Gold/Silver was to bring classics into a new generation. Ruby/Sapphire aren't really classics.

They will be when the time comes to actually remake them.

Last edited:

bioteddy

Ruby/sapphire seemed to be lacking some things, and now that I think about it, a remake could really fill in pretty much all of what was missing.
The only real reason I can think of against it is that if it were remade in gen 5, we know already that it'd be possible to send a pokemon from ruby/sapphire to gen 4 and then to the remakes, which I doubt they'd do... then again, you can send a poke' from fire/leaf up to heart/soul and its location met is still "kanto"... so I guess that means it's not a problem?

Jolteon Jordan

As Fast As a Star...
Personally, no. I think it's much too early. Yes, sometimes when you play 4th gen, then look at 3rd gen, it might look old and kinda primitive, but it's actually not that bad. It's fine as is. Yes, there is the internal battery, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't corrupt the data unlike with G/S/C, which I think was one of the big factors that a remake was needed. It took ten years for G/S/C to be remade, and it's only been about seven years since R/S/E was made. But then again, it took eight years for Nintendo to remake R/G/B/Y, so that is a contradiction in that statement.

Speaking of FR/LG, if they remake R/S/E, might fans request a remake for FR/LG? A remake of a remake? Then we'll have a remake for D/P/Pt? Remakes of HG/SS? It'll be a never-ending series of remakes and remakes of remakes. Though, maybe that's pushing it a little too far. Let's just ignore that statement.

The point is that it doesn't feel right to do it just yet. Maybe a little longer. It just feels much too early to make a remake of these games already. I love R/S/E, and I have nothing against these games, and if they made remakes, whatever, I'll go with it. I just think it's too early to do it.

Torpoleon

I think remakes of the Generation III Hoenn Pokemon Games is possible sometime during the Generation V Era after Pokemon Black & White Versions have been released. Hoenn is the only region not incorporated in the Nintendo DS System. Yes, RSE Remakes would probably be for the Nintendo 3DS, but at least the Nintendo 3DS has backwards compatibility with the older Nintendo DS forms so it could connect with DPPtHGSS.

So, I say yes to RSE Remakes when the time comes in a few more years. There wouldn't be a need to remake FRLG because a lot of the things in there, like the Safari Zone are in HGSS. The Sevii Islands aren't too important.

BCVM22

Personally, no. I think it's much too early.

The point is that it doesn't feel right to do it just yet. Maybe a little longer. It just feels much too early to make a remake of these games already.

How does this keep coming up? No one is saying they should do it now, soon or anytime sooner than at least two years from now.

Saph

Rapscallion
Because as you said, that was before HG/SS. This is after it. The circumstances have completely changed. So obviously the validity of different points change.
It just seems a bit hypocritical to berate others for using an argument that you stuck by religiously the last time we were in this situation.

Indeed, the circumstances have changed; before HGSS, the availability of all Johto Pokemon was limited, with a lot of the legends being event-only or available through Colosseum/XD. Getting them all was possible, but it was difficult.

But most importantly; GSC, the originals, were completely cut off from the current games. There was no connectivity whatsoever.

RSE is quite different. The legends were easily obtainable in HGSS, and the other Pokemon weren't scattered over different games; DPPt had most of them available by swarming/dongle method.

And of course, connectivity with RSE is still possible. Pokemon caught in Ruby/Sapphire way back in 2002 can be transferred all the way, via DPPtHGSS, to Black/White in 2010. Black/White themselves can be played on the DS, which features the GBA slot! (They're not going to use it, but still.)

The situation isn't completely the same.

Not to say I don't believe there will be RSE remakes. In the end, Game Freak do what they want. But if we go by the criteria of the arguments used pre-HGSS, the possibility of RSE remakes are even less likely.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
yes it should

yes it will

just because you dont like them doesnt mean it shouldnt

yes it should

The games are still fully playable and even compatible with the 4th generation. There's isn't a problem with them like there was with GSC with the internal battery. At this point in time, no, they are not necessary.

just because you dont like them doesnt mean it shouldnt

The third generation was my favorite and Emerald is my favorite Pokemon game. Dipshit.

Tropios

The games are still fully playable and even compatible with the 4th generation. There's isn't a problem with them like there was with GSC with the internal battery. At this point in time, no, they are not necessary.

The third generation was my favorite and Emerald is my favorite Pokemon game. Dipshit.

fcourse, but its fun to have new things in your fav region and play with the 5th gen pokemon in it. since the dsi, they wont be compatble anymore.
for me there doesnt have to be an official reason like compatability for it. hoenn was also your fav, wouldnt it be fun to see it being upgraded.

Tropios

fcourse, but its fun to have new things in your fav region and play with the 5th gen pokemon in it. since the dsi, they wont be compatble anymore.
for me there doesnt have to be an official reason like compatability for it. hoenn was also your fav, wouldnt it be fun to see it being upgraded.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I personally don't see the need for it yet, as 3rd gen is still compatible with 4th gen.

I mean, as soon as the GBA games no longer fall into the backwards compatibility scale, a third gen remake is inevitable (okay, not the best phrasing since a 3rd gen remake will come someday), but who knows.

Either way, if a R/S/E remake is released in 5th gen, we'll know for sure a pattern has been established.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Not to say I don't believe there will be RSE remakes. In the end, Game Freak do what they want. But if we go by the criteria of the arguments used pre-HGSS, the possibility of RSE remakes are even less likely.

But that's the thing, none of those criteria or arguments are really valid any more. Because any arguments against it were proven to be false as soon as the games were announced.

Saph

Rapscallion
But that's the thing, none of those criteria or arguments are really valid any more. Because any arguments against it were proven to be false as soon as the games were announced.
Okay, fine, ignore the rest of my post where I highlight the reasons why those arguments are strengthened when applied to RSE instead of GSC.

If you can't refute my points, don't bother dismissing it.

TehLulzMastur

Why not call them AquaSapphire and MagmaRuby?

Anyway, I could see them doing remakes for the 3DS in 2015. But who knows? Since B/W is going to be on the DS, the R/S remakes could too.

BCVM22

Anyway, I could see them doing remakes for the 3DS in 2015.

Too long. The 5th generation begins, officially, in fall of 2010; that generation will be over by 2015.

HeartGold and SoulSilver were released three years, almost to the day, after Diamond and Pearl; somewhere around there would be a safe bet for any potential Hoenn remakes.

But who knows? Since B/W is going to be on the DS, the R/S remakes could too.

The Nintendo DS (DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL) has seen its last summer. It will be dead - no longer Nintendo's primary handheld - by March of 2011 at the latest and possibly earlier than that. Once that happens, software support for it is going to dwindle very rapidly and Game Freak is certainly not going to produce software for a system Nintendo no longer actively supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.