• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen/Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness

What is a "Scramble Challenge"?

The Scramble Challenge involves playing through the storyline and beating the game seeing the credits) with a team of six Pokemon which are assigned to you by other people on this forum. You may also be given certain guidelines, limitations, and restrictions concerning the Pokemon, usually by the person who suggested the Pokemon themselves. However, you may also create limitations for yourself.

The goal of the Scramble Challenge is to be able to complete the game without using the most powerful Pokemon, or your own favorites. It encourages you to think outside the box and make the most of what you are given.

Example Posts:

Some Challenger said:
Looking for more Pokemon for a Pokemon Ruby play-through, taking additional restrictions. My team is:
- Swampert, must know Muddy Water
- Ludicolo, must solo 2 gyms to evolve

Some guy said:
@ Challenger, take a Altaria. It cannot learn Fly.

Scramble Challenge Rules:

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
  • Always mention your planned team (based on others' responses) when you ask for more team members, so others know what has already been suggested.
  • You may create your own set of (minor) restrictions concerning gameplay - just be sure to mention those as well. If you have a lot of/and or major restrictions though consider using the 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' threads instead.
  • Just because of the fact that not everyone is on the same level experience-wise, you may reject team suggestions. However, please don't abuse this. If you feel that you need a really easy challenge, say so.
  • Typically, no Legendaries and no duplicates are allowed. Apparently, trading in any form (except for evolution) is discouraged, as well as post-Nat. Dex Pokémon, but if you wish to use a traded Pokemon you may,
  • Note that it's your game, and you can change the difficulty, limitations, and pretty much anything else, to suit your playing style. For example, if you want to breed in one game and send things over.
  • Please limit your suggestions to one per team (if it's rejected, you may suggest again), so that everyone can contribute. If the challenger's team goes two or more pages without a suggestion, you may suggest a maximum of an extra one, but no more.
  • Purposely giving challengers blatantly terrible choices (Lillipup that may not evolve at all, etc.) is against the spirit of the game and will not be tolerated.
  • Make sure all your suggestions are directed clearly. Using "@" is encouraged.
  • Enjoy! It's a game, after all!

Scramble Challenge Rules originally by Monochromatic from a previous thread with minor changes.

Last edited:
So with the new challenge forum [finally] released, I thought I'd take a Scramble for my Emerald. XD

Only thing I request is that I have a Surfer and a Flyer [if you wanna give me a Pelipper to satisfy both then do so XD], and to not give me Pokemon I have to trade to obtain. Also, when you give me my team, put in your best nicknames for them. Heh.

[Emerald Playthrough Scramble Challenge]
- [surfer]
- [flyer]
- []
- []
- []
- []

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Dramatic Melody, take a Minun. Name it Division, and it must always know the move Charge.

Dramatic melody, as your starter, take a Mudkip. Name it Derhios (Reverse the name and you'll get it). To evolve, it must solo One of Brawly's Pokemon, and to evolve again, it must Solo five wild Tropius.
It must always know Surf once you obtain it.

SilverMorty

Dramatic Melody take a female Whismur named Aria. Evolve it to Loudred when Soundproof activates against a Roar/Uproar from a pokemon that is not from the Whismur line.

Evolve it to Exploud when it can defeat Winona's Altaria.

7 tyranitars

dramatic melody take a cacturne called Stingy no evolve restrictions needs to have needle arm as it's only grass move

Name it Derhios (Reverse the name and you'll get it).

Shouldn't it be Drehios? XD Awesome nickname though!

- Division/Minun [Must always know Charge]
- Derhios/Mudkip [Solo one of Brawly's Pokemon --> Marshtomp. Solo 5 Tropius --> Swampert. Must always know Surf.
- Aria/Whismur [Female. Activate Soundproof against Roar/Uproar from non-Whismur-line Pokemon --> Lourded. Solo Winona's Altaria --> Exploud.]
- Stingy/Cacturne [Needle Arm should be its only Grass-type move]
- [flyer]
- []

HydroSwampert

Dramatic Melody Take a Tropius as your Flyer. It must always know Growth, Sweet Scent, or Whirlwind. Your choice! Have fun and good luck!

I can't believe I got to give a Moderator a Pokemon to use!

Dramatic Melody Take a Tropius as your Flyer. It must always know Growth, Sweet Scent, or Whirlwind. Your choice! Have fun and good luck!

I can't believe I got to give a Moderator a Pokemon to use!

Ironic how I need to kill five Tropius for my Marshtomp to evolve, then I have to catch another one. XD

What's its nickname? XD

- Division/Minun [Must always know Charge.]
- Derhios/Mudkip [Solo one of Brawly's Pokemon --> Marshtomp. Solo 5 Tropius --> Swampert. Must always know Surf.]
- Aria/Whismur [Female. Activate Soundproof against Roar/Uproar from non-Whismur-line Pokemon --> Lourded. Solo Winona's Altaria --> Exploud.]
- Stingy/Cacturne [Needle Arm should be its only Grass-type move.]
- Tropius [Must always know Whirlwind.]
- []

One more!

SilverMorty

Flairguy77 take an Oddish that evolves to Gloom after defeating a trainer's Roselia. Evolve it to Bellossom after defeating any trainer's Poison type using only Grass moves.

HydroSwampert

Dramatic Melody name your Tropius Mr.Banana or Mrs.Banana . Can put in spaces, by the period in each, if you want. If you don't like those nicknaes then choose your own, but must have something to do with fruit. Sorry for not giving you one before. Have fun!

FlairGuy77 Take a Makuhita that has to solo 1 of Norman's Pokemon to be able to evolve into Hariyama. Have fun and good luck!

^
I think I'll name it depending on the gender. Thanks! :)

FlairGuy77 - Get yourself a Poochyena. In order for it to evolve, you must evolve two other Pokemon in your team first. It doesn't have to be fully evolved - as long as two other Pokemon in your team undergo evolution, then your Poochyena can evolve.

7 tyranitars

ok I want a chalange for my emerald

-can't trade
-fully evolved pokemons
-no NICKNAMES

if I forgot something I'll tell it later

Just restarted my Emerald and I'm ready to go! I have multiple copies for the other challenges.

My resitrictions are:
- None of my pokemon can be able to learn the move Fly.

It's simple as that.

HydroSwampert

7 tyranitars Take a Lotad that has to solo Roxanne to be able to evolve into Lombre, and must solo 1 of Flannery's and 1 of Juan's Pokemon to be able to evolve again into Ludicolo. Have fun and good luck!

Sweep Freak Take a Seedot that has to solo Roxanne to be able evolve into Nuzleaf, and 2 of Juan's Pokemon to be able to evolve again into Shiftry. Have fun and good luck!

SilverMorty

7 tyranitars take a Grimer that evolves after defeating a Steel type.

Sweep Freak take a Numel that evolves it wins a battle while the Sun is still up.