• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Been a while since I've done one of these, let's give it a shot.

I'll take one for both Leaf Green and Sapphire.

Just some notes, though:
-I cannot trade.
-Please don't give me "must solo gym" challenges. I really don't like those.
-I love like evolution restrictions.
-Try to make it so I gather my team throughout the game. (As opposed to catching them all before the 3rd gym)

Sapphire:
-
-
-
-
-
-

Leaf Green
-
-
-
-
-
-

LydiaRyan

SerenadeSP, for Sapphire, take a Tropius, he must always keep Sweet Scent, and have to solo Winona's Skarmory.
For LeafGreen, you must buy Dratini from Celadon Game Corner, and he must solo Giovanni's Kangaskhan to evolve once, and can evolve freely the second time, but you must teach him Rain Dance and keep it.

EDIT:
Also, about my challenge, I'll take it a step higher, in Colosseum, I will beat all colosseums in battle mode and Mt. Battle in both story and battle mode, and in XD, I'll beat Mt. Battle.

Last edited:

Swoobat

LydiaRyan, good luck with the Orre Colliseum, because it's really difficult as Pokémon have EV's and good natures there I think, If I were you, I wouldn't add tha to the challenge. About what you asked in your previous post, I think you can, not only post your stats when you're done, but your progress as well.

Serenade, for your Saphire challenge, take a Ralts. It can never forget Growl. To evolve the first time, you must have got the Exp. Share, which you must give Ralts until it evolves into Gardevoir. To evolve into Gardevoir, you must have got TM 24 at New Mauville and TM 13 at the Abandoned Ship, and it must be at least lv 36.

For your Leaf Green challenge, take a Spearow. It can never forget neither Fury Attack nor Mirror Move after it learns them, and for evolving into Fearow, after it's Level 20 (before, if you do, it isn't valid) it must hit 5 times using Fury Attack against 6 different trainers.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Serenade:

For LeafGreen, take a Koffing. It must solo one pokemon owned by every trainer in Giovanni's gym (excluding Giovanni) before it can evolve.

For Emerald, take a Whismur. It must solo 15 trainer-owned Water-Types before it can become Loudred. It must solo 20 trainer-owned Grass-Types before it can become Exploud (note: grass types it defeats while still a Whismur DO count towards the eventual 20).

LydiaRyan

LydiaRyan, good luck with the Orre Colliseum, because it's really difficult as Pokémon have EV's and good natures there I think, If I were you, I wouldn't add tha to the challenge.

Now that I think about, I won't do it, I'm still doing Mt. Battle though. :p
I'm also going to post my progress as I play.

Aegon

SerenadeSP, catch a Mankey in LeafGreen. It must only use Seismic Toss once it learns the move at Level 26 until it evolves. It can never forget this move and should also be taught Mega Punch by the Route 4 tutor.

cantab

SerenadeSP:

In Sapphire, take a Numel named Eyjafjöll. It must evolve upon reaching level 45 so it can learn Eruption immediately after evolving which it must do, and the Exp that brings it to level 45 must come from an airborne Pokemon knocked out by Sandstorm that Eyjafjöll induced.

In LeafGreen, take a Marowak named Rose Hills. It must be caught as a Marowak, which means it must be caught in Victory Road.

Kalosian

So long
SerenadeSP:

For Sapphire, take a Wailmer, name it Wherewale. In order to evolve, it must defeat ten wild Pokemon in Pacifidlog City.

For LeafGreen, take a Vulpix which must solo a trainer of your choice seven times before evolving (use the VS. Seeker). Nickname it Fennek 0.5.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Sapphire:
-Tropius (Must keep Sweet Scent; must solo Winona's Skarmory)
-Ralts (Must keep Growl; To evolve into Kirlia, must hold Exp. Share and continue to hold it until it becomes a Gardevoir; To evolve into Gardevoir, must obtain TM24 at New Mauville and TM13 at Abandoned Ship, and must be at least Lv36.)
-Whismur (To evolve into Loudred, must defeat 15 trainer-owned Water-types; To evolve into Exploud, must defeat 20 trainer-owned Grass-types. Grass-types defeated as Whismur also count.)
-Numel (Nicknamed Eyjafjoll; Must evolve upon reaching Lv. 45 (so that it learns Eruption immediately after evolving) and the Exp. that brings it to Lv.45 must come from an airborne Pokemon knocked out by Sandstorm created by Eyjafjoll)
-Wailmer (Nicknamed Wherewale; To evolve, must defeat 10 wild Pokemon in Pacifidlog City)
-

Leaf Green
-Dratini (Buy from Celadon Game Corner; Must solo Giovanni's Kangaskhan to evolve into Dragonair; Once evolved into Dragonite, it must learn Rain Dance)
-Spearow (Must keep Fury Attack and Mirror Move; To evolve, must hit 5 times using Fury Attack against 6 different trainers. Not valid until it has reached Lv20)
-Koffing (To evolve, must solo at least 1 Pokemon owned by every trainer in Giovanni's gym, exluding Giovanni.)
-Mankey (Must keep Seismic Toss and Mega Punch; Once Seismic Toss is learned, it is the only move allowed to be used until it evolves)
-Marowak (Nicknamed Rose Hills; Must be caught as Marowak)
-Vulpix (Nicknamed Fennek 0.5; Must solo a single trainer 7 times (via VS Seeker) before evolving)

So far so good. Just need one more on Sapphire and I can get started.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Sapphire:
-Tropius (Must keep Sweet Scent; must solo Winona's Skarmory)
-Ralts (Must keep Growl; To evolve into Kirlia, must hold Exp. Share and continue to hold it until it becomes a Gardevoir; To evolve into Gardevoir, must obtain TM24 at New Mauville and TM13 at Abandoned Ship, and must be at least Lv36.)
-Whismur (To evolve into Loudred, must defeat 15 trainer-owned Water-types; To evolve into Exploud, must defeat 20 trainer-owned Grass-types. Grass-types defeated as Whismur also count.)
-Numel (Nicknamed Eyjafjoll; Must evolve upon reaching Lv. 45 (so that it learns Eruption immediately after evolving) and the Exp. that brings it to Lv.45 must come from an airborne Pokemon knocked out by Sandstorm created by Eyjafjoll)
-Wailmer (Nicknamed Wherewale; To evolve, must defeat 10 wild Pokemon in Pacifidlog City)
-Gulpin (Nicknamed Ingestion; To evolve, must solo 10 different Pokemon owned by gym trainers)

Leaf Green
-Dratini (Buy from Celadon Game Corner; Must solo Giovanni's Kangaskhan to evolve into Dragonair; Once evolved into Dragonite, it must learn Rain Dance)
-Spearow (Must keep Fury Attack and Mirror Move; To evolve, must hit 5 times using Fury Attack against 6 different trainers. Not valid until it has reached Lv20)
-Koffing (To evolve, must solo at least 1 Pokemon owned by every trainer in Giovanni's gym, exluding Giovanni.)
-Mankey (Must keep Seismic Toss and Mega Punch; Once Seismic Toss is learned, it is the only move allowed to be used until it evolves)
-Marowak (Nicknamed Rose Hills; Must be caught as Marowak)
-Vulpix (Nicknamed Fennek 0.5; Must solo a single trainer 7 times (via VS Seeker) before evolving)

Thanks everyone, I can tell this is gonna be good.

Team-

-Bulbasaur (Lightbulb)(Solo misty to evolve the first time, be level forty to evolve the second time)
-Spikehead (Eevee) (Must solo Lt. Surge as Eevee to evolve)
-Doduo (Triple) (It must solo Erika's entire gym before evolving. It must learn and keep Tri Attack forever. After evolution, solo Lorelei.)
-Mankey (RedBull) (It can never forget Focus Energy after it learns it, and it has to do 7 Critical hits after using Focus Energy against 7 trainers. Also, teach it Aerial Ace as soon as you can via TM 40 (you get it at Route 9)
-Goldeen (Seeker) (take a Goldeen which can evolve after soloing any trainer with two Electric-types on their team)
-Nidoran female (Leader) (Leader must be the first in your party when battling the E4, and she must evolve into Nidoqueen at Level 40, just like LightBulb.She has feelings for LightBulb, so Leader must be second in your party when LightBulb is in the front.
No restrictions for Nidorina.)
Wow guys, thanks so much!

LydiaRyan

Small update

I've gotten to Pyrite in XD, currently training Wooper, I hate training low level Pokemon in this game. Also, since I'm not doing Orre Colosseum, I'm going to do all of the battle CDs, all 50.

In Colosseum, I saved before entering Pyrite Cave, my current team is just Croconaw and Skiploom, ready to be purified, I can't wait to purify them. :p

@rabidepicgoose, good luck.

Shiny Rokon

Ruby:

Swampert -
no limits

Slakoth -
must OHKO three trainers pokemon to evolve into Vigoroth, to evolve into slaking it must wait until it learns focus punch at lv 43, must have scratch and focus punch forever and nickname- Lazy

Zigzagoon -
Must be male, and name it Willie(after the first trainer in Colosseum, who uses two of them). You may never give him an item to hold, and in order to evolve, he must defeat two opponents' Pokèmon in Brawly's gym.

Poochyena -
Call it Howler. It can only evolve if it has beaten one of Brawly's Pokemon and is Lv.30. It must always keep Howl and must use Howl every three turns(e.g attack,attack,howl).You cannot use any healing method on the turn after it uses Howl. If it faints on a turn where it uses Howl you cannot use it against Phoebe in the Elite Four. Also, this Pokemon can be the only Dark type Pokemon on your team.

Swablu -
which can evolve after defeating a Camerupt.

Colosseum:

Umbreon -
no limits

Espeon -
no limits

Meganium -
no limits

Hitmontop -
name it Pikakiller can never forget agility

Slugma -
for your Colosseum team. If it has the Flame Body ability when you catch it, it must be at the top slot of your party when you go to fight Miror B, and it must survive for two full turns before being switched out. If it cannot survive this, it may not evolve until after you have beaten Dakim. If it has the Magma Armor ability, it only has to survive one turn, although the evolving restriction if it fails is the same. So basically, take either a more useful ability with harder reqirements, or a near-useless ability with easier requirements.

Need one more for each :) then i can start!

DemonViper

Shadow Master
Fire Red scramble requirements:

-No more than one type
-No magikarp
-Good HM and TM
-Nicknames are optional

Swoobat

DemonViper, take the Magikarp you buy at that Route... No, I'm kidding. Get yourself a Meowth named Maul (in honor my sister's dead Persian in her FR nuzlocke). It must be caught at Route 7. Its ability must be Pickup. There are 2 options for its evolution, as soon as it achieves one, it can freely evolve into Persian. One of them is that it gets you 2 Rare Candies with its ability, the other is that it gets 10 berries with its ability. Good luck!

cantab

No Magikarp? As you wish. Demon Viper, fish yourself up a Gyarados and name it Thin Man. It must immediately be taught Hyper Beam and may never use any move below 120 Base Power or any non-damaging move. (So your other allowed moves are Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Thunder, Fire Blast, and Double Edge.)

SilverMorty

Demonviper take an Eevee that evolves into Flareon. It must learn Shadow Ball and you can only evolve it after it uses Shadow Ball to lower the Special Defense of any evolved Fire type.