• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Charoshi

Charmander is best
SerenadeSP take a Tauros. Since that is your Pokemon, that'll be the only restriction.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
@serenade SP: take a pidgey. It may only evolve after soloing your rival once, doesnt matter which time. To evolve again, it must learn steel wing.
@joren56: take a nidoqueen. It must have evolved for the first time before you challenge Brock, and the second time before Misty. If you would accept it, It may only know one normal type move

Good luck to both of you!

Last edited:

Joren56

Serenade SP: Take a grimer. You must catch it using a super rod in celadon city. It can only evolve after it has beaten another grimer which appears using the same method at the same place

Kalosian

So long
SerenadeSP, take a Poliwag. It can evolve into Poliwhirl after defeating an Oddish and a Bellsprout, and into Poliwrath after using Body Slam to paralyze a Pokemon belonging to a Gym Leader or your Rival. It must also learn and keep Rain Dance and Brick Break.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Notes:
-LeafGreen Version
-I cannot trade
-Please no "Must solo X gym" challenges - I want this to be fun, not annoying.
-Try to make it so that my team is spread out throughout the game (as in, I don't want 5 Pokemon before the second gym)
-I love evolution restrictions
-No nickname restrictions please; I'll do those myself.

Team:
-Tauros
-Pidgey (Must solo rival to evolve into Pidgeotto; must learn Steel Wing to evolve into Pidgeot)
-Grimer (Must be caught with Super Rod in Celadon City; must defeat another Grimer found by the same method to evolve into Muk)
-Poliwag (Must defeat an Oddish and a Bellsprout in order to evolve into Poliwhirl; Must paralyze a Gym Leader's or Rival's Pokemon with Body Slam in order to evolve into Poliwrath. Required moves: Rain Dance and Brick Break)
-
-

I'm liking these so far

Last edited:

Räven Velish

black lives matter
SerenadeSP, take a Charmander. It may evolve into Charmeleon after soloing Brock(not his gym). It must solo your rival's starter 5 times and solo 3 random trainers in Koga's gym to evolve into Charizard.

Also, I'm doing a Scramblelocke on Pokemon Y. It's kind of like a Scramble mixed with a Nuzlocke, with some extra rules added. I'd really appreciate it if any of you could check it out and maybe post a Poiemon for me to use. Thanks!

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Joren56, take a Beedrill. It must learn and keep Toxic and Brick Break.

Notes:
-LeafGreen Version
-I cannot trade
-Please no "Must solo X gym" challenges - I want this to be fun, not annoying.
-Try to make it so that my team is spread out throughout the game (as in, I don't want 5 Pokemon before the second gym)
-I love evolution restrictions
-No nickname restrictions please; I'll do those myself.

Team:
-Tauros
-Pidgey (Must solo rival to evolve into Pidgeotto; must learn Steel Wing to evolve into Pidgeot)
-Grimer (Must be caught with Super Rod in Celadon City; must defeat another Grimer found by the same method to evolve into Muk)
-Poliwag (Must defeat an Oddish and a Bellsprout in order to evolve into Poliwhirl; Must paralyze a Gym Leader's or Rival's Pokemon with Body Slam in order to evolve into Poliwrath. Required moves: Rain Dance and Brick Break)
-Charmander (Must solo Brock to evolve into Charmeleon; must solo Rival's starter 5 times and solo 3 random trainer's in Koga's gym in order to evolve into Charizard)
-

Just one left!

Grei

not the color
SerenadeSP, take a Dratini from the Celadon Game Corner. You must wait until you defeat Koga to purchase it. It may not evolve into Dragonair until Team Rocket is defeated altogether. It may not evolve into Dragonite until you have successfully completed Victory Road.

Also, I'm doing a Heart Gold scramble challenge in the Gen IV thread, if anyone would like to make suggestions for me.

Greetings, my name is Zephyr, and I am new here.

I have restarted my Sapphire game, and have never done a challenge before.
I will take anything you throw at me, but I reserve the right to deny.

My team:
Surskit (Bubblebeam)
Grovyle (LeafBlade)
Spoink (defeat an Azumarill, keep Magic Coat) Hamlette

I spent over an hour looking for that surskit in one patch of grass, Treecko only used pound and leer the whole time until just after the catch. Likely I will be ditching Grovyle for something else, as I planned to not evolve until it learned mega drain as a treecko.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
ZephyrWindSpirit, take a Spoink, it can evolve after defeating an Azumarill. It must learn and may never forget Magic Coat. Nickname it Hampulate.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
@ZephyrWindSpirit: Take a Muk. As it hate Muks, you must always keep it the lowest levelled member in your party. It may never know any TM-moves. Name it Sludge

Not a fan of the name, so the spoink will be Hamlette.
Any challenges on my Grovyle or Surskit?

Still grinding ridiculously in Route 102.

ddsf1200

Fire red please.
no trades. don't have to have a starter.
please nicknames.
no magikarp or other useless assortments.
also if I don't have a starter I would like something before the second badge.
I think that's it.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
@ddsf1200: Take a Clefairy. It may only evolve after soloing a gym leader and your rival once. It must always know 3 normal type moves. Name it AWESOM-O

Kalosian

So long
ddsf1200, take a Shellder, nickname it Icebreaker. It can evolve into Cloyster after defeating the last Pokemon of a Gym Leader. It must also know Icicle Spear. Before learning Surf, it must defeat an Electabuzz.

ddsf1200

Thanks guys! Heres my team so far.

Awesom-o (clefairy)- must always know 3 normal type moves, must solo rival and any gym leader once in order to evolve.

Icebreaker (shellder)- must always know icicle spear, has to defeat any electabuzz in order to learn surf, must defeat the last pokemon of any gym leader in order to evolve.

Again, i appreciate it guys. If anyone else is currently doing a challenge ill give some pokemon out. Just need four more to start my first one

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@ddsf1200- Take an Oddish named Veggies. You may not use it against any Water-types except during training. Before it evolves into Vileplume, it must learn Moonlight. After evolution, it must learn and keep Petal Dance.

andyhaj

Hello people!
I'm starting a new game on XD: Gale of Darkness, and I want to do a Scramble Challenge :)

My rules:
- One Eeveelution
- No restrictions to evolving, catching and movesets
- No nicknames
- Must have a full team by the battle with Lovrina at Citadark Isle
- Keep the team balanced
- I decided to pick a Pokémon by myself, and that's Crobat

My team:
- Crobat

Last edited: