• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
@Shinehollow: Take a Muk. As I hate Muks, you must make it faint in every big battle ((Evil boss, Gym leader etc.)). Name it SwaNOT

Kalosian

So long
Shinehollow, take a Mankey, it can evolve into Primeape after beating a fully evolved Psychic-type.

Phsy-Spark, take a Gulpin, it can evolve after beating a Whiscash or seven Barboach.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
@RikkuSlayerr666: That is a lot of Scrambles done by you!
Take a Meditite caught at MT Pyre which may only evolve after defeating Liz and Tate together with Starmie/Staryu. Name it Medifigt
Take a Starmie. It must be caught in a regular Pokeball and must evolve by using the stone in the abandoned ship. It must Solo Liz and Tate together with Meditite, but may evolve earlier. Name it Sparkle

Kalosian

So long
RikkuSlayerr666:
1. Take a Wailmer which can evolve after soloing four swimmers. Nickname it Big Small.
2. Take a Taillow which can evolve after beating your Rival's starter at Route 110. Nickname it Birdiest.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
@ VeeTrue: Take a Pidgeot then. It must solo Misty to evolve into Pidgeotto, and your rivals Pidgey/otto/ot 3 times AND solo Blaine to be allowed to evolve again. If you take nicknames, name it [.}-{.] if possible. Elsewise just :)

VeeTrue

Ok! So far I have:
[.}-{.] the Pidgeot- Solo Misty to evolve, must solo rival's Pidgey line 3 times and must solo Blaine to evolve again.

Kalosian

So long
VeeTrue, take a Squirtle. Evolve it into Wartortle after it beats a wild Clefairy and a Rocket Grunt in Mt. Moon, then into Blastoise after it beats three Rocket Grunts in the Rocket Hideout. Nickname it Noki.

Shiny Espeon0429

OK guys, I have achieved my fifth badge (somehow) and collected the Volcano Badge!

Hey guys! This was my last post for my tough Scramble challenge on FireRed. I stopped playing, quite close to the finish, due to the release of X & Y, but with me getting bored of X and my Black 2 run-through, I've decided to return to this challenge. First off were my requirements:

~ ;009; Moonwalk (Must always know Water Pulse and Return, can only evolve into Wartortle after soloing either my rival's Ivysaur or Venusaur with Return and can only evolve into Blastoise when I reach the Sevii Islands and it misses 10 times with all its moves combined)
~ ;036; Night (Can only evolve once every else in my party is fully evolved. If Dubiotic fails to evolve, it must have one non-damaging move in its moveset)
~ ;024; Altena (Can't take part in any gym battles until it evolves, must kill one pokemon from each remaining gym leader, must learn either Rock Slide Move Tutor and solo 6 grunts in Rocket Hideout or EQ TM and solo half of my rivals team in the last rival battle before Victory Road)
~ ;051; Dubiotic (Must be caught with a regular Pokeball asap and can only evolve if the first time it tries to evolve, its in a gym. If it does evolve, it must know Tri Attack and Magnitude as its ONLY Ground attack. If not, it must know Earthquake as its ONLY Ground attack)
~ ;085; 3H-Destroy (Must be a female and Lv22 with Early Bird when I catch it and must be caught in a Pokeball on Route 16 before I catch or faint any other Pokemon or defeat any other trainers on that route, Can only evolve by soloing the three bird keepers on Route 18 with Level up STAB moves, It must learn Fly but can only learn it by soloing the two bikers and bird keeper on Route 15 and Bird Keeper on Route 14 and must start these battles using Tri-Attack, Its E4 Moveset must be Tri Attack, Drill Peck, Fly and Steel Wing)
~ ;082; Polarize (Can't be caught until after I beat Sabrina, Must solo Lt. Surge last, Blaine, Giovanni, Agatha and Bruno. Apart from these and the E4 + Champion it can't be used in any major battles, Must solo 3 Legendary Birds after I get the Rainbow Pass. Prior to the E4, must know Tri Attack, Shock Wave, Thunder Wave and one of Metal Sound, Screech, Supersonic or Reflect)

Needless to say, these challenges made it pretty tough, especially the Magneton one. However, I had just gotten the Volcano Badge last time and still had the Rainbow Badge, Thunder Badge and Earth Badge to go. I will try to recount what happened, but bear in mind, everything that took place in the Sevii Isles happened before X & Y came out so I'm doing my best to remember what happened before then.

So.... since last time, I exited the Cinnabar gym and ran into Bill, who, of course whisked me away to One Island on the Sevii Isles. As per Moonwalk's (Wartortle's) requirements, I could evolve now evolve him once he missed with his moves a combined total of ten times. Thanks to Hydro Pump, this took a while, but finally, after fighting wild Pokemon for about 30 mins, I was finally able to evolve Moonwalk into Blastoise! I continued on with the Sevii Isles quests (The Kanto Biker Gang, Lostelle etc) using mostly Polarize (Magneton) because I knew that he would need to be hella overleveled to beat Geovanni (who I assumed was next). Once the quests were done, I used the VS Seeker to get Polarize up to Lv72 and everyone else to Lv58. This done, I traveled back to Kanto and headed northwards to Viridian City. Sadly, here I hit a brick wall.
My requirements said I needed to do Lt. Surge last, so it was my intention to do Geovanni next. However, Geovanni's gym wouldn't open. I clarified with Dirkac (Who gave me the requirement) and he said I could do Lt. Surge second to last. This done, I traveled to Vermillion (I can't fly due to me not beating Surge yet!) and trained everyone up to Lv60, apart from Polarize who was Lv75. This time, I headed home and traveled to Celadon City to finally take on Erica. I bought TM13 - Ice Beam at the Game Corner and taught it to Moonwalk, before I deposited Altena (Ekans) and Polarize in the box, as per their requirements (for gym battles) and withdrew my HM Slave, just to get to Erica. Due to the fact that I was ridiculously overlevelled, I crushed Erica with ease. Moonwalk took out Victreebel with Ice Beam, Dubiotic (Dugtrio) defeated Tangela with Aerial Ace and Vileplume was OHKOed by 3H-Destroy (Dodrio) and Drill Peck.
My current team:

;009; Moonwalk - Blastoise Lv60
Naive Male
Water Pulse
Surf
Return
Ice Beam

;035; Night - Clefairy Lv60
Bold Female
Psychic
Meteor Mash
Metronome
Softboiled

;023; Altena - Ekans Lv60
Adamant Male
Strength
Glare
Acid
Dig

;051; Dubiotic - Dugtrio Lv60
Quiet Female
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Magnitude
Tri Attack

;085; 3H-Destroy - Dodrio Lv60
Serious Female
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Fly
Tri Attack

;082; Polarize - Magneton Lv75
Jolly
Spark
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
Thunder Wave

I won't update after Lt. Surge as I'll do like nothing in between, but I'll update once I've done this tough Geovanni battle! See you soon!

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
VeeTrue, take a Jolteon. It must defeat five trainer-owned Grass-types before being allowed to learn TMs. Its final moveset must be Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Bite/Double Kick. Name it Overcharge.

Shiny Espeon0429

Well, after a VERY tough battle involving Giovanni, I have claimed all eight badges for myself! I can't believe it!
So, from last time, I headed straight back to Vermillion City and resumed training on One Island. This didn't take too long and soon, everyone was Lv63, except Polarize who hit Lv78. I traveled back to Vermillion City and deposited everyone except Polarize (As per his requirements for defeating Lt. Surge) and a HM Slave (So I could actually get to the gym!) Luckily enough for me, the electric lock puzzle was solved on the first try. I headed straight for Surge and challenged him. He proved to be easy enough, unsurprisingly, given Polarize's level (78). Voltorb fell to Secret Power, Pikachu fainted against Thunderbolt and Raichu succumbed to a Tri Attack. The Thunder Badge was mine! Finally!
The next stage was a tad more grinding so, by using the trainers in Giovanni's gym and the trainers on One Island, I got everyone up to Lv65, apart from Polarize who was Lv80 and Altena who was Lv64 for a specific reason. I headed back to Vermillion and flew (I could finally Fly!) to Celadon to pick up Hyper Potions, Super Potions and, crucially, battle items. It was time to face Giovanni with just Polarize. I flew to Viridian City, deposited everyone bar Polarize and saved in front of Giovanni and prepared for a tough battle.
My strategy was to give Polarize six X Defends and six X Attacks and the sweep with Secret Power/Tri Attack. The problem was two-fold: The first Rhyhorn always used Scary Face first and critical hit EQs usually OHKOed me (I think Critical hits go past battle items). After a few unlucky crits with EQ, finally I got a run where I had survived after Rhyhorn had used up all of its EQs. I took my chance - With all the battle items in place, I used Secret Power to secure an OHKO. Next up, I held my breath but all three of Dugtrio, Nidoking and Nidoqueen did not get a crit EQ (Thanks to Scary Face they were all faster than me) and Secret Power secured three OHKOs. Finally, it was Giovanni's last Pokemon: Rhyhorn. As a crit EQ when I was on full health usually left me on about 6HP, for insurance, I kept healing myself every turn so Rhyhorn would run out of EQ so it would effectively guarantee me victory. Soon, Rhyhorn ran out of EQ and I went for it, but Secret Power didn't quite kill him! Luckily, he could do nothing without EQ and though Giovanni healed, Tri Attack knocked him out in one to give me a very relief-filled victory. I had done it!
Proof:

http://oi59.*******.com/suwl52.jpg

Afterwards, I healed up, removed Altena's everstone and evolved both Altena and Night as, by beating the last gym leader, I was finally free to do so. YES!
My current team:

;009; Moonwalk - Blastoise Lv65
Naive Male
Water Pulse
Surf
Return
Ice Beam

;036; Night - Clefable Lv65
Bold Female
Psychic
Meteor Mash
Metronome
Softboiled

;024; Altena - Arbok Lv65
Adamant Male
Strength
Glare
Acid
Dig

;051; Dubiotic - Dugtrio Lv65
Quiet Female
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Magnitude
Tri Attack

;085; 3H-Destroy - Dodrio Lv65
Serious Female
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Fly
Tri Attack

;082; Polarize - Magneton Lv80
Jolly
Secret Power
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
Thunder Wave

~ ;009; Moonwalk (Must always know Water Pulse and Return, can only evolve into Wartortle after soloing either my rival's Ivysaur or Venusaur with Return and can only evolve into Blastoise when I reach the Sevii Islands and it misses 10 times with all its moves combined)
~ ;036; Night (Can only evolve once every else in my party is fully evolved. If Dubiotic fails to evolve, it must have one non-damaging move in its moveset)
~ ;024; Altena (Can't take part in any gym battles until it evolves, must kill one pokemon from each remaining gym leader, must learn either Rock Slide Move Tutor and solo 6 grunts in Rocket Hideout or EQ TM and solo half of my rivals team in the last rival battle before Victory Road)
~ ;051; Dubiotic (Must be caught with a regular Pokeball asap and can only evolve if the first time it tries to evolve, its in a gym. If it does evolve, it must know Tri Attack and Magnitude as its ONLY Ground attack. If not, it must know Earthquake as its ONLY Ground attack)
~ ;085; 3H-Destroy (Must be a female and Lv22 with Early Bird when I catch it and must be caught in a Pokeball on Route 16 before I catch or faint any other Pokemon or defeat any other trainers on that route, Can only evolve by soloing the three bird keepers on Route 18 with Level up STAB moves, It must learn Fly but can only learn it by soloing the two bikers and bird keeper on Route 15 and Bird Keeper on Route 14 and must start these battles using Tri-Attack, Its E4 Moveset must be Tri Attack, Drill Peck, Fly and Steel Wing)
~ ;082; Polarize (Can't be caught until after I beat Sabrina, Must solo Lt. Surge last, Blaine, Giovanni, Agatha and Bruno. Apart from these and the E4 + Champion it can't be used in any major battles, Must solo 3 Legendary Birds after I get the Rainbow Pass. Prior to the E4, must know Tri Attack, Shock Wave, Thunder Wave and one of Metal Sound, Screech, Supersonic or Reflect)

A massive obstacle is now completed. Right, hopefully prep for the league won't take long as everybody is fully trained bar Polarize. I still need to finalise some movesets and plan the Bruno battle, but hopefully it won't be long till I next update. See you!

Shiny Espeon0429

The League is beaten!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Pokemon League has been beaten! It wasn't without much difficulty along the way though, as Polarize had to solo BOTH Bruno and Agatha, but in the end, it turned out to be doable!
So, from last time, I healed up, deposited Polarize in the PC (As he can't take place in any major non-E4 battles) and headed west to take on my rival in Route 22. I started with Altena as I needed him to take out half of my rival's team. In the end, strength took out Pidgeot, Alakazam and Dig sorted out Growlithe, meaning I could finally teach Altena the Dig TM! I used Night to sort out the rest, which was achieved by using Meteor Mash on Rhyhorn, Psychic spam on Gyarados and Psychic on Venusaur. My rival left the scene and I headed back to Viridian to deposit everyone bar Polarize (Who I was planning on training in Victory Road, Moonwalk (For Surf) and Altena (For Strength). Victory Road wasn't too difficult - As everyone was fully trained bar Polarize, I wanted to only use him, but I ran out of his PP halfway through. I got to the end without too many qualms with Polarize at Lv83 and with two Rare Candies, he was finally at Lv85! I sorted out a few movesets for people (Polarize and 3H-Destroy both had set movesets to use), stocked up on battle items, bought loads of healing items and prepared for some tough battles...

First up was Lorelei who was nothing more than a warm-up. Polarize kicked off by OHKOing both Dewgong and Cloyster with Shock Wave, before I switched to 3H-Destroy for Slowbro who scored a 2HKO with Drill Peck as Slowbro messed about with Amnesia. I kept 3H-Destroy for Jynx and he promptly delivered, via an OHKO with Tri Attack. Finally, I switched back to Polarize for Lapras and rounded off an easy battle with Shock Wave. 1 Down!

http://oi60.*******.com/2j35ddz.jpg

Second up was Bruno. The battle I had been dreading throughout the entirety of my challenge. I had to solo Bruno with Polarize, as per the rules and I knew, from the outset that this would be my toughest battle. However, I immediately ran into a big problem - The first Onix had Roar. This blew a huge hole in my strategy as I couldn't really use battle items for the first Pokemon as he'd Roar me away. So I had to change tack. Instead I just spammed Tri Attack until Onix fainted and then I tried to set up the battle items on Hitmonchan. Unfortunately, with Rock Tomb denting my speed and Iron Tail hurting my defence, this meant I often struggled v Hitmonchan. This sadly led to a hugely frustrating battle where I managed to beat Onix and then Hitmonchan defeated Polarize via a crit Sky Uppercut whilst I was using battle items, however, FINALLY, after a few resets, I did it.
Firstly, I spammed Tri Attack and after two turns, he got burned. Sensing an early victory, I pressed forwards with Tri Attacks, whilst he used a mixture of Rock Slide and EQ. However, he got into red health and Bruno sadly healed. But luck was on my side. Tri Attack burned him again the next time it was used! This helped me take down the Onix. Next up was Hitmonchan and I started by using Reflect (My choice of move that I could have for Polarize) and then spamming X Defend. Hitmonchan used a mixture of Counter (Which naturally did nothing) and Sky Uppercut (which was limited due to Reflect). I still needed to heal now and then, but I was mostly OK. Once the X Defends were in place, I moved to X Attack and spammed it six times. This done, I set up Reflect again and I was ready! I easily survived a Sky Uppercut and then Hitmonchan fell to an OHKO Tri Attack (Which had been replenished by an Ether).
Hitmonlee sadly broke the Reflect barrier with Brick Break, but after I healed Polarize, Hitmonlee also fell to an OHKO Tri Attack. Versus Machamp I started with Tri Attack and held my breath as Cross Chop... wasn't a crit! Tri Attack secured yet another OHKO. So it came down to Polarize v Onix. I healed first to make sure I'd survive. He used EQ and I used Tri Attack, which didn't kill him, but paralysed him! YES!!! I went for the kill with another Tri Attack and victory had unbelievably been assured! 2 DOWN!

http://oi59.*******.com/jzi1jr.jpg

Next up was Agatha, who Polarize also had to solo, but I anticipated this being a much simpler battle. And so it proved. The first Gengar, Haunter and Golbat were all OHKOed by Shock Wave. Next was Arbok and Shock Wave just didn't kill him, as he used Screech. Agatha, of course healed and this time, a combination of Tri Attack and Shock Wave defeated him.
Last up was the second Gengar, but once again, he wasn't that difficult. I used Thunder Wave to kick off, but Gengar put me to sleep with Hypnosis so I used a Full Heal to wake up Polarize. She spammed Shadow Ball, but my resistance meant it didn't really do much. Shock Wave just didn't kill Gengar, but thanks to its Sitrus Berry, Agatha didn't heal and Shock Wave finished Gengar off! 3 Down!

http://oi58.*******.com/2r7ca5e.jpg

With Polarize's solo matches down, I began to relax, knowing it would only get easier from here. I started off with Polarize again v Lance as Shock Wave easily took down Gyarados. I switched to Altena for the first Dragonair and Strength secured a 2HKO, as Dragonair messed about with Safeguard. Third up, I switched to Dubiotic for the second Dragonair and started off with Rock Slide, which took it down to about half and made it flinch. :) A Maginitude 7 finished the job. Next up, I switched to Moonwalk and managed a OHKO with Ice Beam. Finally, I kept Moonwalk out for Aerodactyl and though he was faster than me, Wing Attack did virtually nothing and Moonwalk secured the victory with Surf! Elite 4 Beaten!

http://oi61.*******.com/8zistd.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to take a screenshot of the battle - SORRY!

Last up was my rival, Blue. Once more I kicked off with Polarize who secured an easy early victory with Pidgeot via Shock Wave. I switched to Moonwalk for Arcanine and two Water Pulses later, Blue had lost two Pokemon. Night had yet to fight in the E4, so I let her take on my rival's Venusaur. Psychic did OK, but it only took it down to red health, as Venusaur kept healing with Synthesis. Finally, Venusaur used Sunny Day instead, which was a BIG mistake. Blue healed, but the damage was done and two Flamethrowers later, Night had brought down another Pokemon.
I continued on and switched to 3H-Destroy for Alakazam and he continued to prove his worth with an OHKO with Drill Peck. Next, was Rhydon, so I switched back to Moonwalk. I thought that with the sun up, Moonwalk wouldn't be able to OHKO it with Surf, but I was wrong! Yet another OHKO was achieved. For stupid personal reasons, I didn't want Polarize to finish off the battle, so I kept Moonwalk out for Gyarados. Sadly Return didn't do much at all, so I switched to Altena. Altena's Acid and Strength brought Gyarados down to red, but Blue healed and a Hydro Pump almost destroyed Altena so I switched again to Night and brought down Gyarados to yellow health with Psychic. I switched once more, for the final time, to Dubiotic who switched in to a Hydro Pump... MISSED! Dubiotic rounded off a very successful E4 campaign with Rock Slide - I had done it!

http://oi60.*******.com/14j26u0.jpg

My current team:

;009; Moonwalk - Blastoise Lv66
Naive Male
Water Pulse
Surf
Return
Ice Beam

;036; Night - Clefable Lv65
Bold Female
Psychic
Meteor Mash
Flamethrower
Softboiled

;024; Altena - Arbok Lv65
Adamant Male
Strength
Iron Tail
Acid
Earthquake

;051; Dubiotic - Dugtrio Lv65
Quiet Female
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Magnitude
Tri Attack

;085; 3H-Destroy - Dodrio Lv65
Serious Female
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Fly
Tri Attack

;082; Polarize - Magneton Lv86
Jolly
Reflect
Shock Wave
Tri Attack
Thunder Wave

Don't be thinking I've completed yet though - one of Polarize's achievements is to defeat the legendary birds once I've got the Rainbow Pass. However, I'm not sure I'll play beyond collecting the Sapphire for Celio, particularly as no requirements state anything about the Elite 4 second round.

Anyway guys, thanks for reading this mammoth post and I apologise for its size! I hope you keep reading! See You!

Shiny Espeon0429

Alright guys, just the final update from me. This won't take long as I did very little in the final stages. So, from beating the league, I set off healing my Pokemon up and then catching the remaining 10 or so Pokemon to get to 60 and obtain the National Dex. This didn't take long at all and soon I had the National Dex! I flew to Vermilion City and traveled to One Island, where I talked to Celio and went north to fight the Rockets and obtain the Ruby. This happened pretty quickly and I collected the Rainbow Pass. Now to finish off my requirements, Polarize had to beat the legendary birds by himself. Moltres was first on One Island and a Shock Wave later, he fell. Second up was Articuno who also fell to one Shock Wave. Finally, at the Power Plant, Zapdos also fell to a Shock Wave. I flew back to Vermilion and continued on with the storyline. This didn't too long at all. I cleared out the islands pretty simply, helping Lorelei on Four Island, before fighting off the Rockets on Six Island. After the Scientist stole the Sapphire, I cleared out Six and Seven Island and headed back to Five Island to finish off the rockets. I collected TM36 - Sludge Bomb whilst I was there (How ridiculous is it that its only found this late in the game?) and taught it to Altena, who also mostly KOed the Scientist's Pokemon. After this, I returned the Sapphire to Celio, where I finished my challenge. I have considered doing the updated league, but I've decided against it. There's not much need and none of my Pokemon's requirements dictate it.

My Final Team:

;009; Moonwalk - Blastoise Lv69
Naive Male
Water Pulse
Surf
Return
Ice Beam

;036; Night - Clefable Lv68
Bold Female
Psychic
Meteor Mash
Flamethrower
Softboiled

;024; Altena - Arbok Lv69
Adamant Male
Strength
Iron Tail
Sludge Bomb
Earthquake

;051; Dubiotic - Dugtrio Lv68
Quiet Female
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Magnitude
Tri Attack

;085; 3H-Destroy - Dodrio Lv68
Serious Female
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Fly
Tri Attack

;082; Polarize - Magneton Lv89
Jolly
Reflect
Shock Wave
Tri Attack
Thunder Wave

It just remains for me to thank everyone who gave me a Pokemon and for anyone who has taken time out of their day to read any of my updates. On both counts, they are much appreciated. I may do another Scramble soon, but I've got a few other challenges to complete before then. Thank you everyone! :)

Snorby

Snorby
Hello everyone!

I'm going to be doing a Scramble of Pokemon Emerald. I have the ability to trade from FRLG, so you can give me any of the 386.

My only restrictions are that I want to have a Surfer, and I don't want to use unevolved pokemon the entire game.

This is my first ever Scramble, by the way.

Last edited: