1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Challenge Forum' started by bobandbill, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Shiny Swalot Powerz!

@Mean Mr Snorlax: for your first scramble challenge, take a Lotad. It must solo Roxanne to be able to evolve once, and it must kill Tate and Liza's Solrock and Lunatone with the same Surf attack to be able to evolve into a Ludicolo. Its final moveset for the E4 must be: Surf, Solar Beam/Bullet Seed ((your Choice)), Water Pulse and Rain Dance. If you take nicknames, name it Ludicrous

2. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

Take a Numel.
    You may not capture it until Juan has been beaten.
    It must be Female, and it must solo Winona to Evolve.
    Furthermore, it must also solo Wallace's Milotic and Gyarados.

3. Snorby

Snorby Snorby

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I ran a damage calc for Wallace's Miltoic vs an average level 100 Camerupt and..
    Milotic Surf vs. Camerupt: 252-300 (100.8 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

While I do OHKO in return, I don't outspeed.

Because of this paired with the fact that all the training required would likely make me kill myself, I'm going to have to reject this one.

Team:
    1. Ludicrous the Ludicolo- It must solo Roxanne to be able to evolve once, and it must kill Tate and Liza's Solrock and Lunatone with the same Surf attack to be able to evolve into a Ludicolo. Its final moveset for the E4 must be: Surf, Solar Beam/Bullet Seed ((your Choice)), Water Pulse and Rain Dance.

Keep in mind, since I can trade freely, Kanto and Johto pokemon are also options.

4. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Mean Mr. Snorlax, take a Yanma. It must have Speed Boost and it must learn and keep Giga Drain and Detect. If you take nicknames, name it Bugger.

5. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Mean Mr. Snorlax-
    Take a Electrike. It must solo the 3rd gym in order to evolve. It can only learn Normal and Electric Moves. If you take nicknames call him Thundercat.

6. Spncrbrrtt

Spncrbrrtt O BLOCK

Hey can I have a Scramble Challenge for Ruby Version? I can't do any trades and my clock battery has run out but otherwise no restrictions.

7. Regiultima

Regiultima Rises with Magnetism

Take a Sceptile that cannot use any grass type attacks.

8. Kalosian

Spncrbrrtt, take a Wingull. It can evolve into Pelipper after beating one of Roxanne's Pokemon and one of Brawly's. It may learn Fly after soloing two trainers on Route 120, and Surf after soloing three trainers on Route 119. If you take nicknames, name it Pelicable.

9. pokekid1

pokekid1 The First Pokékid

Would you like a Seedot? Seedot evolves at lvl. 14 into a Nuzleaf, then a leaf stone is required to evolve Nuzleaf into Shiftry. Here are the conditions though. Seedot must learn Synthesis at level 21 before you evolve it. Once it is a Nuzleaf, take down 3 fire Pokemon before you evolve it again. My suggested nickname is C-dot.

10. Spncrbrrtt

Spncrbrrtt O BLOCK

Alright cool I could use three more. I've got:

-treeko
    -seedot
    -wingull

11. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Take a Anorith, to evolve into Armaldo he must know 2 rock type moves, and must defeat 2 Gym Leader Pokemon. He can't use TMs. Nickname him Armor Claw.

12. Kalosian

Spncrbrrtt, take an Electrike, evolve it after it defeats a wild Kecleon.

13. pokekid1

pokekid1 The First Pokékid

Another suggestion from me is Ralts. Here are the two conditions. (1) It can either learn Calm Mind or Double Team. Ralts cannot know both moves at the same time. (2) It must learn and keep Teleport. In other words, Teleport cannot be forgotten.

I finally finished my FireRed Scramble Challenge today. It took me a while to finish, but I finally got it done after a year of work. Here is my team and their requirements:

• Diglett aka 3Heads by TheSuperZekrom
      Diglett must defeat 10 Pokemon with Magnitude and solo one of Koga's Pokemon without any healing to evolve
    • Spearow aka Lil' Spear by Winter02
      Spearow can evolve after beating a Weepinbell while being Paralyzed
    • Goldeen aka Pudge by dirkac
      Goldeen must use Peck or Megahorn under every Weather Condition (Sandstorm, Hail, Sun, Rain)
      Before challenging the Pokémon League, it must solo 6 Pokémon in the Blue Category
      To evolve, it must solo an additional 26 Pokémon in the Blue Category
      Before getting the Ruby it must Faint to a Flying Type Pokémon.
    • Gyarados aka Magicarp
    • Venasaur aka Bulbasax
    • Arcanine aka 1

They were all hard challenges. The hardest one of them all was Goldeen's challenges. I felt like giving up and skipping it entirely. Once I figured how to complete it though, I gave it another shot. Overall, the scramble challenge was fun and I might do another.

14. Exhibit A

Exhibit A Toxic Orb

So I feel like trying a Scramble Challenge of LeafGreen.

Restrictions:
    Soloing trainers to evolve is okay, but within reason, for example I'd rather not have to trainers of a type the Pokemon is weak to, and no soloing a Rival fight, or something far later than when the 'mon would usually evolve.
    Any move restrictions are welcome, with the same restrictions about soloing trainers.
    I can't trade.
    I'd prefer a starter.
    No rules that require a status condition on one of my Pokemon, just to save the aggravation of finding something to apply it.

Other than that, anything goes, but I reserve the right to veto challenges if they're too absurd.

15. Kalosian

Exhibit A, take a Sandshrew. Catch it on Route 4 before catching any other Pokemon there. It can evolve into Sandslash after it beats one of Lt. Surge's Pokemon and then also soloing four trainers on Route 9. It must learn Poison Sting and keep it until you have beaten all Gym Leaders. If you take nicknames, name it Eldes.

16. Crystalmaster

Crystalmaster Member

Hi all,
    I'm doing a Pokemon Scramble+Moveset Scramble Challenge in Pokemon Leaf Green. I asked around for the Pokemon and got:
    Blastoise (Surf, Ice Beam, Protect, Strength)
    Aerodactyl (Fly, needs 3 more)
    Magmar
    Raticate
    Electrode
    Nidoking

I still need 3 more moves for Aerodactyl, and full movesets for Magmar, Raticate, Electrode, and Nidoking. Thanks in advance :D

17. EagleEye

EagleEye Well-Known Member

@crystalmaster - have Nidoking learn Megahorn, Earthquake, Brick Break and Rockslide.

18. your_worst_nightmare

your_worst_nightmare Pokerman Master

@Crystalmaster

Raticate must know Thunder, Toxic, Super Fang, and Pursuit.
    Electrode must know SelfDistruct and Rain Dance.

19. Snorby

Snorby Snorby

@CrystalMaster

Electrode must have Light Screen and Thunder

Magmar must have Smog, Fire Blast, SMokescreen, and Return

20. Crystalmaster

Crystalmaster Member