• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Crazed_Puppeteer

Sweet! Thanks for the pokemon. I forgot two quick things, but it doesn't really impact anything. Nicknames would be fantastic (keep 'em classy), and I can trade from Sapphire and Emerald to obtain pokemon, so nobody (with-in the rules) is off-limits.

Team so far:
1. Seedot ;273; must solo Roxanne's Nosepass to evolve to ;274; and it must know all STAB moves (with a TM move at all times) to evolve to ;275;.
2. Aron ;304; must solo 2 of Winona's pokemon to evolve to ;305; and it can evolve to ;306; if it survives Victory Road.

Thanks for Raptor Ruler for the sprite info, and now all I need are 4 more pokemon to get started.

diesel135

Mystical Trainer
Crazed puppeteer take a numel to evolve it has to defeat 2 of the rivals pokemon in lillycove and win 2 normal rank contests.
Good luck!;322;

Ok,about my quest,i trained sirpoisalo and went to mauvile city and on the route next to it,caught the marill,trained them till lvl 20ish with trainers i had left behind,then i went to the gym and sirpoisalo pretty much defeated the trainers and the leader i used makit,because of his magnemite and magneton.
Next i taught amour the move shockwave and went to the cave and defeated 10 whismur with shockwave and evolved him.
Now i'm going to prepare to compete in the normal rank contest with sirpoisalo to be able to evolve him later
My team:
Marill lvl21 ;183;
Makit lvl27 ;297;
Sirpoisalo lvl24 ;316;
Amour lvl25 ;294;

Crazed_Puppeteer

I'll update my team for the new pokemon.

Team so far:
1. Seedot ;273; must solo Roxanne's Nosepass to evolve to ;274; then it must know all STAB moves (with a TM move at all times) to evolve to ;275;.
2. Aron ;304; must solo 2 of Winona's pokemon to evolve to ;305; and it can evolve to ;306; if it survives Victory Road.
3. Corphish ;341; must always know Dig. Can evolve to ;342; at any time.
4. Numel ;322; must defeat two of my rival's pokemon in Lilycove and must win two normal contests to evolve into ;323;.

Just two more pokemon and I can start the challenge. While I'm here, anyone else need a pokemon for their challenge?

Crazed_Puppeteer

@Mevejuma - Thanks. I give you bonus points for the creativity, I just didn't want to call one of my favorite pokemon m-three-tal-fac-three. All your other nicknames will remain intact.

Now, on topic...

Team so far:
1. Brian ;273; must solo Roxanne's Nosepass to evolve to ;274; then it must know all STAB moves (with a TM move at all times) to evolve to ;275;.
2. Metalface ;304; must solo 2 of Winona's pokemon to evolve to ;305; and it can evolve to ;306; if it survives Victory Road.
3. Mr.Pinchy ;341; must always know Dig. Can evolve to ;342; at any time.
4. Lolwut ;322; must defeat two of my rival's pokemon in Lilycove and must win two normal contests to evolve into ;323;.
5. Dragonbird ;333; must defeat four wild spheal to evolve into ;334;.

Sweet, just one more pokemon and I am on my way!

Edit 1: I won't be able to update my team until around midnight, so hopefully my final pokemon will be given to me by the end of the day. I will do an update after every gym leader match, and I want to thank everyone for the pokemon.

Last edited:

Crazed_Puppeteer

Consider this to be Update #0.

I have moved all of my valuable pokemon off of my old Ruby version and am set for the scramble challenge.

Team:
1. Brian ;273; must solo Roxanne's Nosepass to evolve to ;274; then it must know all STAB moves (with a TM move at all times) to evolve to ;275;.
2. Metalface ;304; must solo 2 of Winona's pokemon to evolve to ;305; and it can evolve to ;306; if it survives Victory Road.
3. Mr.Pinchy ;341; must always know Dig. Can evolve to ;342; at any time.
4. Lolwut ;322; must defeat two of my rival's pokemon in Lilycove and must win two normal contests to evolve into ;323;.
5. Dragonbird ;333; must defeat four wild spheal to evolve into ;334;.
6. Ninja ;290; must defeat all the trainers in the Beach House on route 109 to evolve into ;291;.

With my challenge in place, I hop into the moving truck, hoping to accomplish the tasks at hand.

McLucky

Hey all,

After finally beating White, I decided I want to try this Scramble Challenge out on Emerald. I have a couple restrictions of my own:

-Would like to use a starter.
-Want a pokemon with Surf. Fly is optional, but not necessary.
-Want a ghost.
-Nicknames are good.

Team:

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Hey all,

After finally beating White, I decided I want to try this Scramble Challenge out on Emerald. I have a couple restrictions of my own:

-Would like to use a starter.
-Want a pokemon with Surf
. Fly is optional, but not necessary.
-Want a ghost.
-Nicknames are good.

Team:

I'll handle both of those with one Pokemon. Take a Mudkip. Must get at least one critical hit on an opponent to evolve once and either 1) get a Master Rank in any contest or 2) solo/help catch any Regi to evolve again. Name it RubySapph (because it combines the Ground and Water types the legends of those games have).

McLucky

So far, looking good:

-Mudkip- RubySapph, must evolve from a critical hit, then evolves again after winning master rank contest or solo/catching a Regi.
-Swablu- Must solo Weather Institute to evolve.
-Sableye- Must always know Knock Off and Detect.
-Torkoal- Cannot use fire-type moves until winning 4 normal contests.
-
-

Thanks, guys! Two more and I'll be ready to go!

Rotom310

As seen in pokedexes
@McLucky - Since your team lacks a good gimmick pokemon, take a Kecleon! It must be either the Kecleon blocking your way to the Fortree Gym or the Kecleon that Steven helps you identify on Route 120. But that's not all; your Kecleon must know either the move Fury Swipes or the move Astonish the entire challenge. And if you like these nicknames, name your Kecleon Camille if female or Leon if male.

McLucky

@McLucky - Since your team lacks a good gimmick pokemon, take a Kecleon! It must be either the Kecleon blocking your way to the Fortree Gym or the Kecleon that Steven helps you identify on Route 120. But that's not all; your Kecleon must know either the move Fury Swipes or the move Astonish the entire challenge. And if you like these nicknames, name your Kecleon Camille if female or Leon if male.

Bahaha you got it. Just one more- preferably something early-ish game so that my poor Mudkip doesn't have to solo two gyms. :)

-Mudkip- RubySapph, must evolve from a critical hit, then evolves again after winning master rank contest or solo/catching a Regi.
-Swablu- Must solo Weather Institute to evolve.
-Sableye- Must always know Knock Off and Detect.
-Torkoal- Cannot use fire-type moves until winning 4 normal contests.
-Kecleon- Leon/Camille, must be caught in Fortree (by gym) or Rt. 120 (Steven ID). Must always know either Astonish or Fury Swipes.
-

Rotom310

As seen in pokedexes
Finally, after almost 2 months, I start my FR Scramble! :D xD;;

My Scramble's Hub
Update #1 - Right here

FireRed Scramble Challenge
- Shellbomb/Squirtle [Defeat 2 Grass-types -> Wartortle. Be in team while at Celadon City -> Blastoise.]
- SirDigalot/Diglett [Male. Defeat 2 Flying-types at SirDigalot's Level ± 3 -> Dugtrio.]
- Wanderus/Oddish [Lure out 10 other Oddish via Sweet Scent -> Gloom. Solo a trainer of my choice in Celadon Gym -> Vileplume.]
- Att/Kabuto [Survive an attack from Shellbomb in a double battle -> Kabutops.]
- Kamina/Fearow [Can only evolve from Spearow once it defeats a pokemon with Mirror Move.]
- Europa/Clefairy [Must know Sing the entire challenge.]

Update 1

So after starting up, I instantly grabbed my new Squirtle and named it Shellbomb, only to realize immediately after I clicked "OK" that she is a girl.

After that nothing eventful happened until I remembered that Spearow can be found on Route 22, so a quick Rival battle later I was thoroughly combing every inch of the grass there for one tiny bird. Over thirty minutes and millions of Pig Monkeys and Rats later, I finally found Kamina. Unlike Shellbomb, Kamina was luckily a guy. Unfortunately, he was level 3, the lowest level a Spearow can get in that route. Meanwhile Shellbomb (who I am seriously thinking of renaming as Shelly), was level 12.

Following a level grinding session, I travelled through Viridian Forest and quickly challenged the Pewter Gym, which was a huge joke with Shellbomb's x4 effective, STAB-powered Water Guns.

Right now I'm travelling through Mt. Moon, simultaneously hunting for a Clefairy, going to get my Dome Fossil to revive into Att later on, and trying to level up Shellbomb, who has just defeated two Paras, fulfilling her first evolution requirement.

Current Team:
> Shellbomb the Squirtle ♀ [Level 18. Moveset: Tackle, Bite, Water Gun, Withdraw. Grass Pokemon beat: 2/2. Stayed in team in Celadon City: -/√.]
> Kamina the Spearow ♂ [Level 15. Moveset: Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack. Defeated a Pokemon with Mirror Move: -/√.]

Last edited: