• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

M4zz

Banned
I'm restarting FireRed, and I'd like to try a scramble challenge on it. I'm planning on choosing Charmander for my starter, and will be running a set of 2 rules. Any suggestions team wise?

.::Rules::.
-I can only catch 6 Pokemon
-Restricting the amount of Pokemon in the party at one time (2 before 1st gym, 3 before 2nd, 4 before 4th gym, 5 before 6th gym, and a full 6 before 8th gym)

The rules are designed to make the game harder by limiting however many Pokemon I can have at one given time.

Team:
-Charmander (starter, no restrictions)
-Tentacool (must solo Blaine and defeat 30 electric types to evolve)
-Snorlax (must defeat either a Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee in the Fighting Dojo to learn TMs)
-Mankey (needs to beat one of Brock's Pokemon without using Fighting type moves)
-Drowzee (must eat the dreams of at least two different gym leaders Pokemon before it can evolve)
-

Last edited:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Good choice in Charmander :) :) :)

Anyways, for you Pokemazter3001, I give a Tentacool. It must solo Blaine, and defeat 30 electric types to evolve.

M4zz

Banned
Pokemazter3001 take a Jynx that must always be at the front of the party when you challenge Saffron gym.

I can't do Jynx because the only way to obtain one is via trade, and the need to catch a Poliwhirl would breach the 6-catch limit. Do you have a different suggestion?

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
Hi I would like a pokemon ruby NuzlockeScrambleBugaloo. It is where I get a set 6 team members, but if they die you guys have to give me more.

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Hey, I'm gonna try out a pokemon scramble on ruby. Make it challenging, but not too difficult.
Team:
-Swellow(must be caught as swellow, and solo all but one of Winona's pokemon.)
-Crawdaunt (must always hold exp. share)
-Torchic( must be timid nature with 2 physical moves, solo one of Roxanne's pokemom to evolve once, must defeat 3 trainer's flying types to evolve to Blaziken)
-Sandshrew (must solo three trainers in Flannery's gym before it can evolve)
-Shroomish (must defeat every grass type that it faces. It can evolve freely)
-Anorith (hates water types therefore it canot face any. If its your last Pokemon against a water type it has to faint)

Last edited:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Galaxyeyes - Take a Swellow. It must be caught as a Swellow and solo all but one of Winona's Pokmemon.

Drummerdude

Pokemazter3001, try a Mankey which needs to beat one of Brock's Pokemon without using Fighting type moves.

GalaxyEyes, take a Crawdaunt which must always hold the Exp Share.

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
@Charoshi- will do, I need more pokemon and my starter idea
^ ok will do.

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
@Pokemazter3001, take an abra that can only evolve if it solos two of koga's pokemon. Also, can someone give me a good scenario for my starter?

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Galaxy, take a Torchic as your starter. This particular Torchic wants to overcome its timid nature by hitting hard with powerful physical moves, so it must have at least two physical moves in its moveset, as soon as it can learn two physical moves. To evolve into Combusken, it must solo one of Roxanne's Pokemon. To evolve into Blaziken, it must solo 3 flying types belonging to another trainer.

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
^Ok then, that should be interesting. I have 3 spots left. Options people, Options!

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
I still need pokemon for my challenge

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
PkFire, take a Mudkip as your starter. This Mudkip despises Roselia, and wants to know an ice attack as soon as possible so it can defeat them quickly. (It must always know an ice attack) Also, it wants to battle every Roselia that you may encounter. (It must participate in a battle with every Roselia you may find.) It does not have to do anything special to evolve to Marshtomp. But, to evolve into Swampert, it must land the final attack on 5 grass types. 3 of these grass types must be Roselia.

Nionel

Pokemon Breeder
Galaxy, take a Sandshrew, it must solo three trainers in Flannery's gym before it can evolve.

pkfire, take a Skitty, it loves to double battle and should double battle with each other Pokemon on your team before it can evolve.

pokemazter, take a Drowzee, it must eat the dreams of at least two different gym leaders Pokemon before it can evolve.

Last edited:

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
^ ok I'll add sandshrew, two more spots left. By the way, I really like anorith, so give me a scenario for it, and a grass type.

Last edited:

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
pkfire, take an electrike. This electrike doesn't like hurting most flying types, so it can't use electric type attacks on all flying types EXEPT the zubat family and taillow family. Only those pokemon can electrike use electric type attacks on.