• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Charoshi

Charmander is best
-Espeon
-Skiploom
-Hitmontop
-Vibrava
-
-

4 more! No restrictions please, or Croconaw/Bayleaf/Post Evice Pokemon.

woot21

super noob
Charoshi, I want you to take Ledian. Have fun with one of the most useless fully evolved Pokemon in the game. LOLE

And you know what, give me a Emerald Scramble challenge, and I want it to use the original rules, none of these move set or when it gets to evolve restrictions. Just give me a team. Also, no access to any other 3rd gen games.

woot21 out dawgs

Kacho

You are next.
Charoshi, I want you to take Ledian. Have fun with one of the most useless fully evolved Pokemon in the game. LOLE

And you know what, give me a Emerald Scramble challenge, and I want it to use the original rules, none of these move set or when it gets to evolve restrictions. Just give me a team. Also, no access to any other 3rd gen games.

woot21 out dawgs

Take a Beautifly.
if you don't want to grind wurmple, just catch a silcoon in petalburgwoods

woot21

super noob
Take a Beautifly.
if you don't want to grind wurmple, just catch a silcoon in petalburgwoods
I have no problem with the grinding, may I just ask that it be either Beautifly or Dustox, so I don't have to grind multiple Wurmples if they keep becoming Cascoons?

-Beautifly
-
-
-
-
-

woot21 out dawgs

woot21

super noob
So the team is now

-Beautifly
-Skitty
-
-
-
-

Why does this all feel so familiar? Oh, because I've had a Beautifly and Skitty before, though not on the same team. This should be fun. Also, AwesomeMudkip14, that would have been a perfect time to use LOLE.

woot21 out dawgs

Drummerdude

woot21, it took me so long to come up with a decent Pokemon for your team. But, after much internal struggle, I have decided to give you a Hariyama.

woot21

super noob
-Beautifly
-Skinny
-Hariyama (yes)
-Swalot (very nice)
-
-

Actually have always wanted to use Hariyama, just never bothered.

woot21 out dawgs

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
woot21, take an Electrike.

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
take a seedot

Kacho

You are next.
I have no problem with the grinding, may I just ask that it be either Beautifly or Dustox, so I don't have to grind multiple Wurmples if they keep becoming Cascoons?

-Beautifly
-
-
-
-
-

woot21 out dawgs

I said catch a silcoon at petalburg woods XD
so that you don't have to catch multiple wurmples and crosses finger that they become silcoon. It's EASIER this way. :)

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I like Ledian :( (But I agree, it is pretty useless in Colosseum. And for that matter before the special/physical split.)

-Espeon
-Skiploom
-Hitmontop
-Vibrava
-Qwilfish
-Ledian

Cool. This is actually a pretty decent team. Now if only it was 4th gen, than Ledian would be very useful.

Kacho

You are next.
So, to update on my scramble challenge...

-Seedot is probably the weak one, but the move Bide has done impressive damage

Roxanne:
-I sent Seedot first against a Geodude, bad idea since it has weak defense and faints the second time it tried to use Bide.
-the first time using Bide makes Geodude orange HP, but it healed, lol.
-so I sent Mudkip to water gun the next two geodudes
-For Nosepass, I sent Zigzagoon because i wanted to debuff it. Sadly, it got trapped by a Block, so to stall it until my zigzagoon faints, I used a combination of growls and tail whip while it hits me for like 3-6 damage and Harden to undo my tail whip
-then I sent out Mudkip, Mud Slap it a little, and then water gun and win

Brawly:
-this is the hardest gym so far, since seedot is weak and zigzagoon is type disadvantage
-I sent out Mudkip to Machop, after some not threatening Mud Slaps and Water gun, Mudkip faints
-Zizagoon finished Machop with Headbutt and Tackle
-Meditite is easy since it only knows Focus Punch as the only attack. Zigzagoon just keeps harassing with Tackle
-Makuhita comes up, Zigzagoon used one sand attack and faints from vital throw
-Seedot uses Bide, Makuhita uses Bulk up and vital throw. My Seedot is in orange hp. BIDE FAINTS THE MAUKHITA.

not too bad so far. Bide is a love/hate move, i guess. The pokemon has to have hp left from taking damage 2 turns and retaliate doubles the damage. (and it does normal damage to rock type too, haha)

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
Taking one for Emerald. Only restrictions: No trade and I must have a Tentacool as an HM slave. Also, no legendaries. And you can also give your best (or worst) nicknames :D. I don't care if you give me a starter or not, but please give me one challenge for each Pokémon.
1st Pokémon: Aron ;304; (Must solo any gym that matches with one of its moves to evolve)
2nd Pokémon: Cacnea "Spine" ;331; (Must win 4 contest ribbons to evolve)
3rd Pokémon: Swablu ;333; (Evolve anytime - Must solo Winnona's Altaria)
4th Pokémon: Torchic "Firefist" ;255; (Evolve after burning a 1st gym Geodude, and evolve again after soloing Norman's Slaking without fighting moves)
5th Pokémon: Spoink ;325; (Evolve after soloing a Slaking)
6th Pokémon: Tentacool ;072; (Hm slave) (No challenge)

Thanks for the Pokés/challenges. I've never used any of them, so it'll be fun :D

Last edited:

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Taking one for Emerald. Only restrictions: No trade and I must have a Tentacool as an HM slave. Also, no legendaries. And you can also give your best (or worst) nicknames :D. I don't care if you give me a starter or not, but please give me one challenge for each Pokémon.
1st Pokémon:
2nd Pokémon:
3rd Pokémon:
4th Pokémon:
5th Pokémon:
6th Pokémon: Tentacool ;072; (Hm slave) (No challenge)
oh joy! :p ok, take an arron. to fully evolve it, it must solo any gym that matches with one of its moves. ie. if it has a normal move have it solo the normal gym, flying move solo the flying gym etc. hope thats not too hard :)
Edit: Right, nickname. Call it Tinman, even though it is most certainly not hallow and made of tin. xD or better yet Ironman if you want. im not rly a fan of the latter but yeah, the choice is yours. sorry im not rly imaginative with nicknames >_<

Last edited:

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
Challenge Accepted! Thanks, and if you got a nickname for it, then shoot :D