• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

golduck#1

diesel135

Mystical Trainer
Hi everyone,i want to do sapphire scramble challenge,the only thing i don't want is to give them nicknames and i will not use a pelipper.
Team:
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
Tell me what to use on my quest.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
diesel, use pelipper!
uh, nah, take a Gulpin that must place 1st in any Super Rank contest to evolve.

Raptor ruler

Diesel, take a Magcargo. It can only learn STAB Moves and has to evolve from Slugma in Victory Road.

diesel135

Mystical Trainer
Hi everyone,i want to do sapphire scramble challenge,the only thing i don't want is to give them nicknames and i will not use a pelipper.
Team:
1-Gulpin that must place 1st in any Super Rank contest to evolve.
2-Magcargo that can only learn STAB Moves and has to evolve from Slugma in Victory Road.
3-
4-
5-
6-
Cool guys thanks,only 4 left.

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
diesel135, take a whismur. Name it Amour. It must always know at least two "sound" moves, i.e. supersonic, uproar.
To evolve once, it must defeat 10 other whismur using only non STAB-moves, to evolve twice it must defeat 10 other Loudred using only STAB-moves.

diesel135

Mystical Trainer
Hi everyone,i want to do sapphire scramble challenge,the only thing i don't want is to use a pelipper.
Team:
1-Gulpin-that must place 1st in any Super Rank contest to evolve.
2-Magcargo-that can only learn STAB Moves and has to evolve from Slugma in Victory Road.
3-Makuhita(Makot)-from the trade in Rustboro City.
4-whismur(Amour)-It must always know at least two "sound" moves, i.e. supersonic, uproar.
To evolve once, it must defeat 10 other whismur using only non STAB-moves, to evolve twice it must defeat 10 other Loudred using only STAB-moves.
5-Spoink-that must use Magic Coat successfully to evolve. It must have Thick Fat.
6-
Ok i'll give them nicknames but cool ones.
You nickname them.
Alright!One left.

diesel135

Mystical Trainer
Hi everyone,i want to do sapphire scramble challenge,the only thing i don't want is to use a pelipper.
Team:
1-Gulpin-that must place 1st in any Super Rank contest to evolve.
2-Magcargo-that can only learn STAB Moves and has to evolve from Slugma in Victory Road.
3-Makuhita(Makot)-from the trade in Rustboro City.
4-whismur(Amour)-It must always know at least two "sound" moves, i.e. supersonic, uproar.
5-Spoink-that must use Magic Coat successfully to evolve. It must have Thick Fat.
6-Marill. It can only evolve once three of your other Pokemon evolve.
Ok i'll give them nicknames but cool ones.
You nickname them.
Alright!The team is done!I'll report every time i gain a new badge,thanks guys.
The first challenge of many!

diesel135

Mystical Trainer
Hi everyone,i've started with treecko till i get the makuhita and whishmur in rustboro city,then i boxed him away,ran from trainers till rustboro the ones i could,caught a slakoth to trade in rustboro,then i reached rustboro city and traded slakoth to get my first pokemon of the party i traded at lvl 8,it's nicked makit,caught a wiahmur,named him amour,then trained them with the trainers i had left behind,then i went back to rustboro defeated the trainers on route 116,then i went to the gym,despite of makit's disobedience i pulled off the win against Roxanne.
My team:

Makit lvl 18
Amour lvl 14

just mew

My 4th update

beat AQUA leader. too easy. now i can access mossdepp city. not much to do. grind a litle and then go to gym. beat the

trainers. go to the leader(s). an easy battle since i have a SCEPTILE :)
they sent out xatu and claydol
i sent out manectric and sceptile
TIMID GECK go first (of course). leafblade on claydol! it's super effective!
TRAVOLTA used spark on xatu! (i'm glad no physical-special split atm) It's super effective! xatu fainted!
calydol used earthquake! TRAVOLTA fainted!
they sent out solrock
i sent out ROMAN
SURF + LEAF BLADE on SOLROCK, CLAYDOL and LUNATONE = damage galore
get badge, then steven gave me HM08. now i can dive. get wailmer as a diver. then go to submarine cavern. but i was (always)

too late. kyogre wake up already. go to SOOTOPOLIS
plot..plot..rayquaza..plot..plot..
fight SOOTOPOLIS gym leader. easy with TRAVOLTA and GECK

so i can go to LEAGUE now. grind. met wally (forgot he existed).
go through victory road. easy. challenge the elite four.
the elite four were easy.
except DRAKE. fortunately i have dragon claw and ice beam in GECK and ROMAN
now challenge the CHAMPION, my team was soo underleveled
1st battle, TRAVOLTA vs WAILORD, i was like 'WTF?' when TRAVOLTA OHKO WAILORD with critical hit.
then GYARADOS. 4x electric weakness? hah
then another easy battle with WISHCASH. GECK was laughing with his leaf blade
until MILOTIC shows up. now he is not so difficult but anoying enough, with toxic, high sp.def, and recover. but he was

defeated eventually, after i use some potions and revive
then tentacruel. gaahh.. but with electric, he was defeatd
and then the most annoying battle i had in, like, years
LUDICOLO
like naruto does, he uses kakebunshin aka DOUBLE TEAM which is annoying enough to face. and he uses 6 times.
with giga drain, leech life and surf. gaah.. my pokemon fainted, again and again, until i saw a flaw on him
GECK
my starter buddy save the day. he was immune to leech life, and surf and giga drain are not very evective.
so i decided to stall with GECK and tons of hyper potion. until ludicolo out of PP
then eventually he did. wow. long time.
and my team beat it.. and i am the champion
which mean i beat the challenge..
or i would have, if not because of STEVEN

my team after i become the champion
TRAVOLTA / MANECTRIC
lvl 50
TOPH / DONPHAN
lvl 48
GECK / SCEPTILE
lvl 51
ROMAN / PELIPPER
lvl 47
POKER FACE / SABLEYE
lvl 45
PO / SPINDA
lvl 46

P.S. : i am just an inch to beat the challenge, but i have practical exam in 2 months (i'm in medschool), which means i cant touch pokemon games until, like, mid-august. i will still be online occasionally, though. so can i quit play this challenge for 2 months without being disqualified? i will resume as soon as i my exam ends. thx

diesel135

Mystical Trainer
After defeating the 1st gym,i helped the guy that i helped earlier in petalburg woods and the captain's peeko,and made my way to dewford and defeated the fisherman,then i went to the gym it was easy until i reached brawly, in my first try as makit didn't obeyed me and amour had a type disadvantage we were beaten up.
So i went training in the cave on the outskirts till makit evolved and while i was there i found a shiny zubat! i caught and the boxed him away,after that i went to the gym with amour as whismur(lvl20) and makit as hariyama(lvl24),and this time i swept him with makit.
Now i'm in slateport,delivered the devon goods,deafeated the rival,and i was looking for gulpin,caught one named him sirpoislot.
My team:
Hariyama(makit)lvl25
Amour(whismur)lvl21
Sirpoislot(gulpin)lvl14

Crazed_Puppeteer

Hello everyone, I was hoping to do a scramble challenge on Ruby. I only have a few restrictions.

1. One member of my team must be obtainable before Roxanne.
2. Everyone must be able to fully evolve before the e4.
3. I need a surfer/diver before Lilycove.

I'm also restricting myself to only 6 pokemon for the entire game (barring any shiny/gift pokemon that come up), so if I'm not given a flyer, I won't fly. I can't wait to see what my first challenge will be like!

Oh, and quick question...how do you use the animated sprites for the forums?

Raptor ruler

To answer your question first. Put it's National Dex number in between semi-colons. For Unova Pokemon put them between Colons.

For your Pokemon you shall recieve a Seedot. To evolve into Nuzleaf it must solo Roxanne's Nosepass. To evolve into Shiftry it must have only STAB attacks. Also it must know One TM move at all times once it becomes Nuzleaf.