• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
* Lileep with Ingrain and Ancient Power. evolves after surviving a STAB Ice attack from a Pokémon of a high level them theirs.
* Volbeat with Shadow Ball. Learns Shadow Ball after defeating an Illumise.
* "DanceDance" the Lotad. Evolves to Lombre freely, but must solo 2 of Wallace 's Pokémon to evolve to Ludicolo.
* Ralts. Evolves into Kirlia after it learns Psychic, and in Gardevoir after it learns Hypnosis.
* Koffing. Evolves at the Victory Road, after defeating 5 trainers 's Pokémon.

P.S: I need one more!

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
I have a spot for 1 more Pokemon and are there any specific nicknames you guys request?

roloox

Ice Type Fan
@Virawl
Take Plusle, muat learn Attract and keep fake tears

Nickname it Rush

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
Needs nicknames for >> Treecko | Marill | Taillow | Absol | Shedinja

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
Still needs nicknames for >> Absol | Shedinja

I took the liberty of naming Treecko myself since no one suggested anything and I wanted to start : )

Also, I'm skeptical about having a Plusle and an Absol, since both don't evolve. Maybe I should have specified only one non-evolving Pokemon?

UPDATED #1>>

•| Virawl's Emerald Scramble Challenge |•

- - -

Requirements:
• Taillow - Must Solo 2nd Gym in order to evolve | Nickname - Tailwind
• Absol - Must know Double Team | Nickname - Exitius
• Shedinja - Must evolve from Nincada soloing 10 trainers | Cannot know Shadow Ball | Nickname - Tettix
• Treecko - Must beat 5 Fire-Type Pokemon in order to evolve into Grovyle
• Marill - Must solo a trainer with Roselia in order to evolve | Must solo a trainer with at least one Electric-Type in order to learn Surf | Nickname - Peekablooe
• Plusle - Must keep Attract and Fake Tears | Nickname - Rush

Current Location: Route 12

Current Team:
;252; Treecko/ Ecko ♂| Lv.12 | Nature: Hardy | Item: None | Task(s): (1/5)
Pound | Leer | Absorb

;183; Marill/ Peekablooe ♂| Lv.5 | Nature: Docile | Item: None | Task(s): (0/1)/ (0/1)
Tackle | Tail Whip | Defense Curl

;276; Taillow/ Tailwind ♀ | Lv.5 | Nature: Adamant | Item: None | Task(s): (0/1)
Peck | Growl | Focus Energy

|Empty Slot #4|
|Empty Slot #5|
|Empty Slot #6|

LAST UPDATED [Jan. 4, 2011 / 12:31 P.M. GMT -4]
LOG
Journey start!
Obtained Treecko [Ecko]
Defeated Rival May
Obtained Running Shoes
Met Wally
Caught Marill
Caught Taillow

Last edited:

Rotom310

As seen in pokedexes
Rawr, nickname your Shedinja "Tettix" or "Tzitzikas", both based on the classical and modern Greek names for cicadas (respectively).

Last edited:

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Rawr, name your Absol Exitius.

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
UPDATE:

So, for the past few days, I made little to no progress whatsoever. Reason is, I have a summer job I have to attend to on Wednesday and Thursday. But, hopefully I will have time tomorrow.

Anyway, I plan to train/ level grind most, if not all of my Pokemon and defeat the Mauville Gym, while (hopefully) soloing one trainer with Marill (Requirement for evolution). I have yet to find a trainer with Roselia though.

As for Treecko, it has defeated May in the beginning once, but failed on the second attempt, since her Torchic learned Ember. Darn.

Taillow has successfully soloed the Dewford Gym, therefore, when it reaches the correct level, it can evolve! Yay!

Last but not least, Nincada, which is supposed to evolve into my Shedinja. This is the one I have the most trouble with, since it's movepool is horrendous and the only attacks I basically can use are Scratch and Leech Life, neither of which really damage the opponent. Switching out Pokemon is effective, but make the low EXP gain even lower. I also reviewed the possible future move sets for Shedinja. Also not looking to good, considering I cannot use Shadow Ball.

Anyway, I'm currently in the route between Slateport and Mauville, the one with the Bike Lane thing. Just saved at the start. I think I can capture my Plusle here...

Wish me Luck!

Virawl's Center for Emerald Scramble Challenge

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
I'd like to start a Scramble Challenge for FireRed.

Rules:
*Nothing too hard, I'm a bit of a newbie.
*I'd like to use one of the starters, if possible.
*I need a balanced team: At least one Fire, Water, and Grass type, if possible.

Team so far:

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Eivui, take an Oddish. Capture it at Route 5 and evolve it into Gloom after it defeats a Pidgey at the same level as itself on said route. Evolve it into Vileplume anytime you want after it has defeated a wild Growlithe.

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
Eivui, catch a Growlithe and name it Hermes (After the Greek Messenger God, since it is said Arcanine can travel at great speeds and is the Legendary Pokemon). It can only evolve (Whenever you want) after it beats 4 water types, each time using a Fire-Type attack once on the Water-Type Pokemon.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
Thank you!

Rules:

Team so far:

*Oddish caught at Route 5. Evolve into Gloom after beating a Pidgey of the same level at Route 5. Evolve into Vileplume after defeating a wild Growlithe.
*Growlithe named Hermes. Evolve after defeating 4 Water types and using a Fire attack on those Water Types.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Eivui, take Squirtle as your starter. Evolve after defeating any one of Lt. Surge's gym trainers with it. Evolve again after defeating at least 7 Team Rocket Grunts in SilphCo (at least 2 of which must be ones that state that they are one of the "rocket brothers" - I think there are four brothers to pick from). Have fun and good luck.

Last edited:

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Eivui take a Mankey that must defeat a gym leader's signature pokemon before it is allowed to evolve.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
Thanks again!

Rules:

Team so far:

*Oddish caught at Route 5. Evolve into Gloom after beating a Pidgey of the same level at Route 5. Evolve into Vileplume after defeating a wild Growlithe.
*Growlithe named Hermes. Evolve after defeating 4 Water types and using a Fire attack on those Water Types.
*Squirtle as starter. Must defeat any one of Lt. Surge's trainers to become a Wartortle. Must beat 7 Grunts in SilphCo, and including both of the "Rocket Brothers" to become a Blastoise.
*Mankey. Must defeat a Gym Leader's signature Pokemon before it can evolve.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
Thanks again!

Rules:

Team so far:

*Squirtle as starter. Must defeat any one of Lt. Surge's trainers to become a Wartortle. Must beat 7 Grunts in SilphCo, and including both of the "Rocket Brothers" to become a Blastoise.
*Mankey. Must defeat a Gym Leader's signature Pokemon before it can evolve.
*Eevee. Must evolve into Jolteon. Must defeat 15 wild Pokèmon as an Eevee to evolve into Jolteon.

EDIT: Rank Up!