• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Raptor ruler

Eivui take a Diglett. For it to evolve it must learn Earthquake naturally.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
*Oddish caught at Route 5. Evolve into Gloom after beating a Pidgey of the same level at Route 5. Evolve into Vileplume after defeating a wild Growlithe.
*Growlithe named Hermes. Evolve after defeating 4 Water types and using a Fire attack on those Water Types.
*Squirtle as starter. Must defeat any one of Lt. Surge's trainers to become a Wartortle. Must beat 7 Grunts in SilphCo, and including both of the "Rocket Brothers" to become a Blastoise.
*Mankey. Must defeat a Gym Leader's signature Pokemon before it can evolve.
*Eevee. Must evolve into Jolteon. Must defeat 15 wild Pokèmon as an Eevee to evolve into Jolteon.
*Diglett. Must learn Earthquake through level up to evolve into Dugtrio

Thank you everybody! I'll be posting my progress every so often!

Drummerdude

abrar14, you can use a Nincada that can evolve when it beats the Team Aqua grunt in the Petalburg Woods. Whether it evolves into Ninjask or Shedinja is up to you.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Abrar14, take a Carvanha. It can evolve into Sharpedo after defeating five Pokemon from either Team Magma members or Team Aqua members.

SilverMorty

abrar14 take a Baltoy that evolves after it uses Rapid Spin to free itself from the effects of Leech Seed, Wrap, Spikes, etc. 5 times.

Absol6028

What did you say...?
Hmm sign me up for an Emerald Scramble! Here are a few restrictions I have:

1. I don't want nicknames.
2. I must have on that can use surf, fly, etc to continue through the game.
3. I will only take 1 Pokemon that doesn't evolve (Such as Absol, Kecleon, etc)
4. I will not double my types meaning I will only use 1 of each type. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Other than that, I can do almost anything. Wish me luck!

Mr. Sandman

Not just anybody!
Absol6028, take a Mudkip. it can evolve into Marshtomp after defeating 5 electric type pokemon, and into Swampert after it solos either Archie or Maxie at least once. good luck!

Raptor ruler

Absol6028 take an Electrike. To evolve it must defeat 15 other Electric type Pokemon in Battle.

HydroSwampert

Absol6028 - Take a Nosepass that has to solo at least half of any Gym Leader's Pokemon. He/she must also know Rock Slide and Sandstrom at the time that you first challenge Sidney. He/she must also know at least one HM for the first time that you challenge Sidney. Have fun and good luck! I hope that you like this challenge! Have fun and good luck!

Edit: Rank Up! I'm now a Rising Trainer ! :D :)

Last edited:

Absol6028

What did you say...?
Absol6028 take an Illumise that must learn Light Screen
All right. Wish me luck :D

Absol6028, take a Mudkip. it can evolve into Marshtomp after defeating 5 electric type pokemon, and into Swampert after it solos either Archie or Maxie at least once. good luck!
Ooh that'll be a little bit of a challenge. Not much thought ;)

Absol6028, take a Spoink. It must solo Flannery's Torkoal to evolve.
God I hate this one :\ Hate Spoink and I really hate Flannerys Torkoal.. :\ Oh well! Wish me luck!

Absol6028 take an Electrike. To evolve it must defeat 15 other Electric type Pokemon in Battle.
Hmm this'll be easy ;)

Absol6028 - Take a Nosepass that has to solo at least half of any Gym Leader's Pokemon. He/she must also know Rock Slide and Sandstrom at the time that you first challenge Sidney. He/she must also know at least one HM for the first time that you challenge Sidney. Have fun and good luck! I hope that you like this challenge! Have fun and good luck!

Edit: Rank Up! I'm now a Rising Trainer ! :D :)

Grr... This'll be my biggest challenge. But hey, whatever ;D

Wish me luck all!

Blazing Charmander

I'm looking for a Scramble Challenge for my Emerald version.

Rules:
- I'd like a starter Pokemon.
- No nicknames.
- No trading.
- I want a Flyer and a Surfer so that I don't have to keep using untrained Pokemon from my PC boxes.
- Try not to give me too many type overlaps.

I look forward to finding out who my newest Hoenn travel buddies are. :)

Team assigned:
Gulpin (must have four Poison moves as well as defeat at least one of the Gym Leader's Pokemon in two Gyms to evolve) -> Swalot
Lotad -> Lombre (must defeat at least one of Winona's Pokemon before evolving) -> Ludicolo
Slugma (must burn three Grimers before evolving) -> Magcargo
Swablu (must learn Mirror Move at Lv38 before evolving) -> Altaria
Treecko (must learn Mega Drain at Lv26 before evolving) -> Grovyle -> Sceptile
Aron -> Lairon -> Aggron (must know Strength)

Team complete. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Raptor ruler

Blazing Charmander, take a Gulpin. To evolve it must know all Poison type moves and have defeated one of the gym leader's Pokemon in two gyms.

I'm going to do a challenge on Pokemon Emerald.

Rules:
-No Legendaries
-No Soloing Gym Leaders, Elite Four Members or Champions as a restriction.
-No Rock Types
-All of the Pokemon except for my Starter must have a nickname in order for me to add it to my Team. If you just post a Pokemon to add to my team, and you don't include a nickname for it, I will not put it on my Team.

Emerald Scramle Challenge Team:
-FlareKick (Torchic), must defeat 3 wild water types to evolve. Must defeat a ninjask to evolve again.
-Shadow (Solrock), must defeat a trainer's Water-type Pokemon to know a STAB move.
-Nagini (Seviper), must know Return before challenge is complete.
-Yabby (Corphish), must defeat all Pokemon of lake it was caught at when fishing to evolve.
-NapRunNap (Slakoth), must have Traunt activate 3 times in a wild battle evolve. It can freely evolve into Slaking.
-
Only one more!

Last edited: