• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Charoshi

Charmander is best
-Espeon
-Skiploom
-Hitmontop
-Vibrava
-
-

4 more! No restrictions please, or Croconaw/Bayleaf/Post Evice Pokemon.

woot21

super noob
Charoshi, I want you to take Ledian. Have fun with one of the most useless fully evolved Pokemon in the game. LOLE

And you know what, give me a Emerald Scramble challenge, and I want it to use the original rules, none of these move set or when it gets to evolve restrictions. Just give me a team. Also, no access to any other 3rd gen games.

woot21 out dawgs

Kacho

You are next.
Charoshi, I want you to take Ledian. Have fun with one of the most useless fully evolved Pokemon in the game. LOLE

And you know what, give me a Emerald Scramble challenge, and I want it to use the original rules, none of these move set or when it gets to evolve restrictions. Just give me a team. Also, no access to any other 3rd gen games.

woot21 out dawgs

Take a Beautifly.
if you don't want to grind wurmple, just catch a silcoon in petalburgwoods

woot21

super noob
Take a Beautifly.
if you don't want to grind wurmple, just catch a silcoon in petalburgwoods
I have no problem with the grinding, may I just ask that it be either Beautifly or Dustox, so I don't have to grind multiple Wurmples if they keep becoming Cascoons?

-Beautifly
-
-
-
-
-

woot21 out dawgs

woot21

super noob
So the team is now

-Beautifly
-Skitty
-
-
-
-

Why does this all feel so familiar? Oh, because I've had a Beautifly and Skitty before, though not on the same team. This should be fun. Also, AwesomeMudkip14, that would have been a perfect time to use LOLE.

woot21 out dawgs

Drummerdude

woot21, it took me so long to come up with a decent Pokemon for your team. But, after much internal struggle, I have decided to give you a Hariyama.

woot21

super noob
-Beautifly
-Skinny
-Hariyama (yes)
-Swalot (very nice)
-
-

Actually have always wanted to use Hariyama, just never bothered.

woot21 out dawgs

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
woot21, take an Electrike.

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
take a seedot

Kacho

You are next.
I have no problem with the grinding, may I just ask that it be either Beautifly or Dustox, so I don't have to grind multiple Wurmples if they keep becoming Cascoons?

-Beautifly
-
-
-
-
-

woot21 out dawgs

I said catch a silcoon at petalburg woods XD
so that you don't have to catch multiple wurmples and crosses finger that they become silcoon. It's EASIER this way. :)

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I like Ledian :( (But I agree, it is pretty useless in Colosseum. And for that matter before the special/physical split.)

-Espeon
-Skiploom
-Hitmontop
-Vibrava
-Qwilfish
-Ledian

Cool. This is actually a pretty decent team. Now if only it was 4th gen, than Ledian would be very useful.

Kacho

You are next.
So, to update on my scramble challenge...

-Seedot is probably the weak one, but the move Bide has done impressive damage

Roxanne:
-I sent Seedot first against a Geodude, bad idea since it has weak defense and faints the second time it tried to use Bide.
-the first time using Bide makes Geodude orange HP, but it healed, lol.
-so I sent Mudkip to water gun the next two geodudes
-For Nosepass, I sent Zigzagoon because i wanted to debuff it. Sadly, it got trapped by a Block, so to stall it until my zigzagoon faints, I used a combination of growls and tail whip while it hits me for like 3-6 damage and Harden to undo my tail whip
-then I sent out Mudkip, Mud Slap it a little, and then water gun and win

Brawly:
-this is the hardest gym so far, since seedot is weak and zigzagoon is type disadvantage
-I sent out Mudkip to Machop, after some not threatening Mud Slaps and Water gun, Mudkip faints
-Zizagoon finished Machop with Headbutt and Tackle
-Meditite is easy since it only knows Focus Punch as the only attack. Zigzagoon just keeps harassing with Tackle
-Makuhita comes up, Zigzagoon used one sand attack and faints from vital throw
-Seedot uses Bide, Makuhita uses Bulk up and vital throw. My Seedot is in orange hp. BIDE FAINTS THE MAUKHITA.

not too bad so far. Bide is a love/hate move, i guess. The pokemon has to have hp left from taking damage 2 turns and retaliate doubles the damage. (and it does normal damage to rock type too, haha)

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
Taking one for Emerald. Only restrictions: No trade and I must have a Tentacool as an HM slave. Also, no legendaries. And you can also give your best (or worst) nicknames :D. I don't care if you give me a starter or not, but please give me one challenge for each Pokémon.
1st Pokémon: Aron ;304; (Must solo any gym that matches with one of its moves to evolve)
2nd Pokémon: Cacnea "Spine" ;331; (Must win 4 contest ribbons to evolve)
3rd Pokémon: Swablu ;333; (Evolve anytime - Must solo Winnona's Altaria)
4th Pokémon: Torchic "Firefist" ;255; (Evolve after burning a 1st gym Geodude, and evolve again after soloing Norman's Slaking without fighting moves)
5th Pokémon: Spoink ;325; (Evolve after soloing a Slaking)
6th Pokémon: Tentacool ;072; (Hm slave) (No challenge)

Thanks for the Pokés/challenges. I've never used any of them, so it'll be fun :D

Last edited:

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Taking one for Emerald. Only restrictions: No trade and I must have a Tentacool as an HM slave. Also, no legendaries. And you can also give your best (or worst) nicknames :D. I don't care if you give me a starter or not, but please give me one challenge for each Pokémon.
1st Pokémon:
2nd Pokémon:
3rd Pokémon:
4th Pokémon:
5th Pokémon:
6th Pokémon: Tentacool ;072; (Hm slave) (No challenge)
oh joy! :p ok, take an arron. to fully evolve it, it must solo any gym that matches with one of its moves. ie. if it has a normal move have it solo the normal gym, flying move solo the flying gym etc. hope thats not too hard :)
Edit: Right, nickname. Call it Tinman, even though it is most certainly not hallow and made of tin. xD or better yet Ironman if you want. im not rly a fan of the latter but yeah, the choice is yours. sorry im not rly imaginative with nicknames >_<

Last edited:

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
Challenge Accepted! Thanks, and if you got a nickname for it, then shoot :D