• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Mystical Caster

Striker/Leader
TheSirPeras, take a Vulpix, it must solo Lt. Surge or Koga and must know Flamethrower to evolve and it must keep Flamethrower for the rest of the challenge.

Wow, I was seriously considering giving the same person the same Pokemon

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
I'll take an Emerald challenge, please!

Restrictions:
*I only have Emerald
*I'd like to not use Mudkip or Marill, since I've already used them several times.
*I need a Surfer and a Flyer

-
-
-
-
-
-

@SerPeras: Here you go, one Jigglypuff. It must be named Ragepuff, and may only evolve when it defeats a sleeping Pokemon with Hyper Voice.

Take a Tropius that needs to defeat one of Flannery's Pokemon before it can learn Fly

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
So here's what I have:
- Sandshrew named Zangoose. To evolve it has to defeat an Arbok from a Team Rocket grunt using only slashing/cutting-based moves.
-TheSirPeras, your name sounds like Paras so I'll give you one. It can't evolve until it has used Spore to put the strongest Pokèmon of at least three "major battles" (rival, gym leader, giovanni, etc.) to sleep. It must keep Spore forever. Of course, you'd probably do that anyway, but whatever.
-Poliwag named Earl. If it's female, name it Ellie, it must not learn Hypnosis, Bulk Up, or Brick Break. It must evolve by a Water Stone that is bought from Celadon's Dept. Store. No restrictions on Poliwag->Poliwhirl, go nuts on that
-One Jigglypuff. It must be named Ragepuff, and may only evolve when it defeats a sleeping Pokemon with Hyper Voice.
- Take a Vulpix, it must solo Lt. Surge or Koga and must know Flamethrower to evolve and it must keep Flamethrower for the rest of the challenge.
- Take a Hypno. It must know Flash and Thief and keep them throughout the challenge.

I'm gonna do a Scramble challenge for Leafgreen, so pick my team wisely mates ^^

Some restrictions:
-No same type Pokemon in my team
-No breeding, no trade evolution
-Only Leafgreen Pokemon
-No legendaries

Thanks everyone!! And holy, Hypno is basically the Pokemon I hate the most and I got him to a Heartgold scramble AND a Leafgreen scramble! XD

Mystical Caster

Striker/Leader
Take a Tropius that needs to defeat one of Flannery's Pokemon before it can learn Fly

I reject, on the principle of being unable to obtain a Topius before Flannery. I'll take it with a different restriction, though. Unless you meant a different Gym Leader? That reminds me, though:

Restrictions:
*I only have Emerald
*I cannot get any Pokemon from trading.
*I'd like to not use Mudkip or Marill, since I've already used them several times.

-
-
-
-
-
-

xMetagrossx

Blaziking
I'm looking to start a Fire Red scramble challenge if anyone has any ideas including the starter I'd be very grateful. All must be found in game. Thanks :)\

EDIT:
Team:
Jigglypuff: Must have T-Wave and Mega Punch/Kick. Must be level 40 and KO Sabrina's Kadabra using both moves at least once.

Last edited:

Mystical Caster

Striker/Leader
Here, have a Magikarp. It must be the one you can buy in front of Mt. Moon, and you must beat one of Misty's Pokemon with it. You are allowed, however, to evolve it before Misty.

BenXxX

Coordinator
@ Mystical Caster, use a Poochyena. To evolve it must solo Roxanne's Nosepass. As a Mightyena, it must learn Hyper Beam as soon as possible. It must also finish off one of Archie's pokemon with Hyper Beam, it doesn't need to actually need to solo it, but just finish it off.

@ xMetagrossx, take a Jigglypuff. It has to be taught, from tutor, Thunderwave and Mega Punch or Mega Kick (not both) and it must keep the 2 moves throughout the whole game. To evolve it must be at least level 40 and must solo Sabrina's Kadabra using both of the moves it learned via tutor at least once.

xMetagrossx

Blaziking
I'll take the Jigglypuff but not the Magikarp simply because I've used it so much and would like to experiment more with lesser used pokes.

@Mystical Caster, use a Shroomish and have it solo one of Norman's Pokemon before it evolves and it must keep Mach Punch as its only fighting move.

Team:
Jigglypuff: Must have T-Wave and Mega Punch/Kick. Must be level 40 and KO Sabrina's Kadabra using both moves at least once.

Last edited:

Mystical Caster

Striker/Leader
...Damn, those are really difficult. I'm really sorry, but I don't think I can do either of those. I'd love to use those Pokemon, but the restrictions are too tough.

Restrictions:
*I only have Emerald

-Mightyena (Needs Restriction)
-Breloom (Needs Restriction)
-
-
-
-

Mystical Caster

Striker/Leader
Thanks! For you, since you didn't want Magikarp, take a Magnemite. It must always know Zap Cannon, and cannot learn Lock-On.

Restrictions:
*I only have Emerald

-Breloom (Cannot have any Status Moves)
-
-
-

xMetagrossx

Blaziking
Different restriction maybe because it learns zap cannon at level 62 lol and evolution restrictions on all of them would be nice to.

Team:
Magnemite: May only evolve after Soloing one of Koga's Pokes.

Last edited:

xMetagrossx

Blaziking
Thanks 4 more to go including starter

Team:
Magnemite: May only evolve after Soloing one of Koga's Pokes.

Mystical Caster

Striker/Leader
Restrictions:
*I only have Emerald

-Xatu (Must solo a total of 7 Magma and/or Aqua grunts to evolve)
-
-
-

725roy

ambivolent
Mystical Caster, take a Slugma. It must be named MagmaOozer, and It must know Ember at all times, and cannot evolve until you have used HM surf outside of battle. Also you may not use any items in battle on it (No potions, Revives, etc.).

Mystical Caster

Striker/Leader
I'll do all of that except the no items, since that seems too challenging.

Restrictions:
*I only have Emerald

-Slugma (Must always know Ember, cannot evolve until I can use Surf out of Battle)
-
-

Mystical Caster

Striker/Leader
Restrictions:
*I only have Emerald

-Slugma- MagmaOozer (Must always know Ember, cannot evolve until I can use Surf out of Battle)
- Barboach (Cannot evolve until I catch Natu)
-