• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

AllyNidHogg - Start with a Mudkip. It must not participate in the gym battles against Brawly, Wattson, and Flannery. After you beat Flannery, it can evolve into Marshtomp. It can only evolve into Swampert by solo'ing at least one Pokemon of Norman's, Winona's, and Tate and Liza's teams. Name it Skipping. Good luck!

AllyNidhogg

Double the fun!
Thanks!

Team:
Mudkip: Can't participate in gym battles between Brawly, Wattson, and Flannery. Can evolve into Marshtomp after Flannery is defeated. It must solo at least one Pokemon from Norman's, Winona's, and Tate and Liza's teams to evolve again. Name: Skipping.
Shroomish: Moveset cannot change after Winona is defeated.
Electrike: Can evolve when I own 7 different Water-type Pokemon. Nickname: Puppy.
Absol: Must know Cut. Must also survive 10 Super-effective attacks. Nickname: Forewarn.

Notes:
-No trading / legendaries / breeding.
-Make the challenges difficult.
-I'd prefer to get team members as I progress. Also diverse types.
-I'll add as a side challenge to only heal once per area (+1 heal after Gym Leader Battles) so no item healing restrictions please.
-Choose my starter and the requirements for it. I'm too lazy to choose a starter.
-Nicknames are optional.
-No Wobbuffet or Feebas.

Last edited:

SilverMorty

AllyNidhogg take a Natu named Neo. You must catch it before fighting Winona and it has to participate against one of Winona's pokemon to learn Fly as a Xatu. It has to win in a double battle with Absol to evolve.

Last edited:

McTwizzle

Unova Champion
AllyNidhogg, take a Surskit. To evolve, it must solo at least one pokemon from each boss trainer (rival, gym leader, etc.) that it encounters before it evolves. Name it Shakira.

muffinz

oh nooooooooo
But of course, NOW I realize that I need to cross the river on Route 118 in order to get a Good Rod, which I need in order to get Lobstar, which is the only Pokemon on the team that can surf. -_-
I have to catch a Pokemon just for surfing purposes until I can get Lobstar, or else I can never complete the game (if that's alright).

Huh? Nothing's stopping you from catching other Pokèmon than your final, permanent team members. Heck, in my scramble challenges, I ofter use multiple temporary team members early on in the game. It wasn't a scramble challenge, but my latest Black playthrough is a good example: I used a Darumaka, Blitzle, and Dwebble for a little while, only to replace them one-by-one as I caught my permanent team members.
It honestly kinda bugged me when I once saw someone complaining that he was having a hard time with Cress, 'cause the only team member he could have at that point was his Tepig. Just use the monkey! You don't even have to train it-- it can take care of the gym leader's monkey even four levels below it, then you can just shove it right back in the box!

Sorry for the mini-rant there. It's just kind of a pet peeve of mine.

AllyNidhogg

Double the fun!
Thanks everybody! Will start the Scramble ASAP! :)

Final team:
;258; ;285; ;309; ;283; ;177; ;359;
Mudkip: Can't participate in gym battles between Brawly, Wattson, and Flannery. Can evolve into Marshtomp after Flannery is defeated. It must solo at least one Pokemon from Norman's, Winona's, and Tate and Liza's teams to evolve again. Name: Skipping.
Shroomish: Moveset cannot change after Winona is defeated.
Electrike: Can evolve when I own 7 different Water-type Pokemon. Nickname: Puppy.
Absol: Must know Cut. Must also survive 10 Super-effective attacks. Nickname: Forewarn.
Natu: Must be caught before the battle against Winona, and must be used during the Winona battle. It must win a Double Battle with Absol to evolve. Name: Neo
Surskit: Must solo at least one Pokemon from each major battle before its evolution to evolve. Name: Shakira

With the additional challenge of one heal per area and per Gym Leader battle victory, I'd say it'll be a tough challenge.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I'm just giving a quick update on my team, for anyone who cares:

I am standing right outside the door to the Elite Four and about to see how my team stacks up.

1) Clefairy: As soon as it can learn a non-Normal type attack, it can never again use Normal type attacks
-LV52 Clefable, Minimize/Water Pulse/Cosmic Power/Focus Punch; I need a better move to use than Water Pulse. I don't think Shock Wave or Solar Beam are really it, but...maybe. Maybe Blizzard? I can't decide. I also wish Focus Punch had more than 5 PP. I had intended on using Clefable to Minimize/Cosmic Power itself into a tank, but considering I wasted Toxic on something else, I'm not sure that will work. I also wish I hadn't wasted Psychic on Slowbro and just let it learn it naturally.

2) Bulbasaur (named Saur): Must solo Misty AND Brock to evolve to Ivysaur. Must solo Kogo to evolve to Venusaur
-LV54 Venusaur, Hyper Beam/Leech Seed/Giga Drain/Razor Lead; I feel decent about Venusaur. I wish I could find a poison move to replace Razor Leaf, but...I can't.

3) Flareon: Can not use fire attacks against Erika
-LV51, Double-Edge/Bite/Fire Blast/Quick Attack; I'm considering abandoning Fire Blast for Overheat since I can just ball back on its super high ATK stat after Overheat drops the SPATK.

4) Tauros: must always know two non-damaging attacks
-LV42, Toxic/Strength/Swagger/Earthquake; I wish I'd left Toxic for Clefable and taught Tauros something else like, I dunno, Attract or Rain Dance. I really screwed that one up. I also wish Tauros was a higher level because it WRECKS things. It outspeeds almost everything I face and has great attack. Toxic is such a waste, ugh.

5) Slowpoke: Must know Flamethrower. Must defeat a Pokemon that has a Burn to evolve
-LV47 Slowbro, Thunder Wave/Surf/Psychic/Flamethrower; the Safari Zone gave me a chance to catch, like, 30 Slowpokes and use the one with the best nature (Calm). It's been serviceable.

6) Drowzee: Must put 20 trainer pokemon to sleep before evolving
-LV51 Hypno, Headbutt/Brick Break/Flash/Psychic; Does ANYONE know where the Move Deleter is on LeafGreen? I REALLY don't want Flash anymore, but I can't find the guy! :) Ah well.

So that's the team, and I'm about to go after the Elite Four and Blue. Wish me luck, and I think I'll be fishing for a White version Scramble team after this!

Last edited:

Sokka

I'll try a scramble on Pokemon Firered.

Notes:

-I can trade so pokemon such as Kadabra and Machoke will be fine.
-I would prefer pokemon that can correspond tangentially or fully to characters in Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. (Such as a Torchic named Mako, But not a Rapidash called Katara)
-With that in mind, I will have restrictions to gender. So please no choosing a Chansey with a male name such as Aang or Mr. Mime with a female name such as Katara. However if you want, you can choose the gender of a pokemon that happens to be 87.5% one gender and 12.5% another gender and make me choose the gender that is more difficult to obtain x)
-No Safari Zone only pokemon please.

Thanks!
-I would like to keep my starter please.

SilverMorty

Sokka take a Clefairy named Yue. To evolve it, it must use Follow Me to prevent a Fire attack from damaging your team's Water type.

It must also learn Rain Dance to support your team's Water type.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Sokka take a Cubone named Sokka (Mwee-hee-hee). Because of the expirience with the boomerang that Sokka has, it must solo Blaine, in two uses of Bonemerang in order to evolve.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Sokka , take a Charmander. It must solo Brock to evolve once and reach Level 40 to evolve again.

Kalosian

So long
^that completely defeats the purpose of a scramble challenge if their are no restrictions can't you do a little better?
Kind of ironic since restrictions didn't exist when the scramble challenges first started.
But to answer your question, I was too lazy to come up with any restrictions at the time of posting that.
Either way, Sokka hasn't posted since the start of the challenge, if he wants me to come up with some restrictions, I guess I'll do so.

Araleon

Chill
I'd like to do a Sapphire Scramble!

Well, mostly Scramble. I'm going to ditch my starter in favor of a female Lotad that will function as my starter because I love the Lotad line so much.

I'd love a set of Pokemon that evolve fully.
I can't trade.
I'd prefer not to repeat types.
No nicknames, please. I get a lot of joy out of naming them myself.

If someone could give Lotad restrictions, I'd appreciate it!

Woo.

1. Lotad -> Lombre -> Ludicolo

muffinz

oh nooooooooo
Araleon, have a Slakoth that may evolve freely both times, but it may never know any attacks that can damage Ghost-types-- that is, Normal and Fighting attacks only.

SilverMorty

Araleon take a Numel that evolves after it uses Magnitude 10 twice in Mt. Chimney or Jagged Pass (as long as you're in the volcano area).