• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Irock take a Makuhita. Before evolving, it must solo Wattson while paralysed and tank Flannery's Torkoal's Overheat in the sun. The choice of which ability to take is yours. It must learn and keep Bulk Up.

eltigras

and since you need a surfer. Take a marill that can only evolve if it has defeated at least 10 Roselia's on it's own. It is only allowed to have one Water move. HM's like Surf, Waterfall and Dive are not included since you need those in the game.

irock245

She wants it
Alright. So:
Treecko(no name) must solo Roxanna to evolve, then solo 5 water trainers with pokemon 5 lvls lower max
Aron(no name) must survive fighting move to evolve then solo archie in seafloor caverns
Poochyena (Gooby pls) can evolve once I get a pokemon of each nature (im spamming pokeballs for this one)
Zubat (Jim) has to solo brawly and then become crobat before soloing wattson or enver evolve If evolved, must solo 5 leech life zubats before ragequitting NPC trainers
I'm gonna have to change makuhita's a bit, how about soloing all of the trainers in Wattson's gym since Jim might have to solo wattson? Also have to take an overheat in the sun by torkoal(will it be ok if torkoal never uses sunny day and wastes all 5 overheats?) to evolve
Marill(No name) has to solo 10 roselias to evolve and can only learn one water move in addition to HM's

Is there a place where I can describe how this challenge goes down(like nuzlockes?)

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
You can do it here ^^

And yeah, solo Wattson, and tank Flannery Torkoal's Overheat... The first time!

If you want my advice, get thick fat :3

If you're accepting nicknames, name it Sumo.

Well, I'm doing an Emerald scramble, so yeah.

Restrictions:

I can't trade (no trade to evolves, or Pokemon I can't get in the main storyline)

Every pokemon needs a nickname (no inappropriate nicknames please)

There can only be two instances of overlapping types

Nothing impossible (can't be insanely hard)

Must use Treeko or Mudkip (I want a starter, and I am using a torchic in a nuzlocke run)

That's all

Right now, I have all of my team slots open.

That sounds great!

Team:

-Torkoal (Quitter) (Can't use Ember, Smog, or smokescreen)
-
-
-
-
-

Great start guys, five more to go :).

Alrighty!

Team:

-Lanturn (Faucet) (No Electric attacks against Juan)
-
-
-
-

Four more to go.

Kalosian

So long
rabidepicgoose, take a Treecko as your starter. It must be a Grovyle before you challenge Roxanne, and it must defeat one of Winonas Pokemon to evolve into Sceptile. Nickname it Dollan.

Sweet, I already have three Pokemon :).

Team:

-Treeko (Dollan) (Must evolve into Grovyle before Roxanne, must defeat one of Winona's Pokemon to evolve into Sceptile)
-
-
-

Three more to go.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
Catch a Ralts and name HER Grace. She must teleport successfully 10 times without taking damage to evolve into Kirlia. Then it must solo Norman to evolve again.

@Zexiontwo, remember how I said nothing insane, that is insane. I am terribly sorry, but I will have to reject that.

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
Have a Lotad named FishInDish! FishInDish must be male and solo a Gym Leader's pokemon of your choice to evolve, and defeat 6 Skarmory to evolve again.

I'm horrible at this sometimes.

Ooh, FishInDish sounds awesome.

Team:

-Treeko (Dollan) (Must evolve into Grovyle before Roxanne, must defeat one of Winona's Pokemon to evolve into Sceptile)
-Lotad (FishInDish) (FishInDish must be male and solo a Gym Leader's pokemon of your choice to evolve, and defeat 6 Skarmory to evolve again)
-
-

Two more to go.

Swoobat

rabidepicgoose, take an Aron, called Aurum. Give it the Quick Claw as soon as you catch it. Its moveset for the E4 must be Double-Edge (Sootopolis Move Tutor), Earthquake, Iron Tail and Cut, it must hold the Quick Claw and its ability must be Rock Head. To evolve the first time, it must defeat a Trapinch, a Baltoy and a Cacnea in the desert, a Spinda at Route 113, a Solrock at Meteor Falls, and a Spoink and a Machop at the Jagged Pass. To evolve the second time, it must defeat five swimmers on any Water route (Double battles also count). Good luck with the Aron that managed to survive till Drake in my Nuzlocke!

MoonOwl, take a Nidoran Male that must never forget Double Kick. To evolve into Nidorino, you must have beaten Misty. To evolve into Nidoking, wait until it is at level 33 at least. Name it Bart.

Last edited:

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
@Zexiontwo, remember how I said nothing insane, that is insane. I am terribly sorry, but I will have to reject that.

That's actually not insane, all you do is take a level 10 Ralts to the first route and teleport ten times. Soloing gym leaders is normal for a scramble challenge, but if that's what catching you, just teach it attract which it can't forget to evolve again and make it female.